Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Zerilan posted:

Anyone have any advice on properly playing Leona or Lucian? I picked both up today off the RP sale since I figure I should have the 3 major support picks and Lucian looked like one of the more fun adcs.

Unlike other ADCs Lucian plays more like an AD caster. Spam his abilities and auto attack after each one in a team fight to do a lot of damage, because of this Trinity Force and Bloodthirster are really good on him. He doesn't really like attack speed, and I don't even build Berserker's Greaves I build Lucidity Boots for more ability usage. Someone somewhere might have done math or whatever that says one is better than the other but I still like the CDR. After building those and Last Whisper some people build Infinity Edge but I have started getting a Black Cleaver, I like the CDR and more armor pen but that's just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lucian owns bones. I've been building Triforce, Bloodthirster, Last Whisper and Black Cleaver. Either GA or Zephyr for last item depending on how mobile their team is and how often they dive me. I've yet to try CDR boots but it seems worth a go on Lucian.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

psymonkey posted:

Yeah Leona scales incredibly with health because of the way her W works. Your first buy after finishing Targon's/Sight Stone/boots should be either a Giant's Belt or a Kindlegem. Other than that, just remember you don't necessarily have to be the person looking for the huge engages, especially if you have a jungler or top laner that can do that. You can look to zone or counter engage, or follow up engage (if they blow mobility cooldowns at first) with your CC as well. Also you can't be afraid of death as Leona. There's probably less than 5 champions in the game you can say that about, and she's at the top of the list.

As for Lucian, I don't really play him, but what you have to realize is that aside from his OP escape move, his passive is the strongest part of his kit. It's the reason people like Bloodthirster/Triforce on him. It pretty much ensure you'll win non-retarded trades. Also, just a small tip - if you land his star move on a target, you'll proc the speed boost with his ultimate if you land it on them, this allows you to better track them with it and get max damage.

Even though Leona is tanky is Targon's really right? I feel like the active on Talisman is so much better than the active on FOTM that I end up picking up the Coin anyways.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

rabidsquid posted:

Even though Leona is tanky is Targon's really right? I feel like the active on Talisman is so much better than the active on FOTM that I end up picking up the Coin anyways.

Oh yeah Coin is really good too. I wasn't thinking :v:. It's actually probably better yeah. I will say though if you want to go coin, it's not a bad idea to start Doran's shield and pick up the full 2nd tier coin on your first back.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
It bums me out that the lv3 version of coin is so much better than the other 2 support items. I really like Frost Queen's Claim but it's just not viable currently, especially with how weak AP poke supports are compared to all-in.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

rabidsquid posted:

The relic shield gets you more lane gold overall, but the talisman has the better active. There's an argument for switching once you're out of laning, but in most situations, the talisman active is much better to build towards.

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011
Ever since I was promoted to Silver V I haven't won a Ranked game, up to maybe an 11 or 12 game losing streak now. It's becoming really soul-crushing. I try to take something away from each game, but god drat this is getting ridiculous. I placed in Bronze 1 and got promoted fairly easily, won around two thirds of my games and blitzed my second attempt at promo series with 3 wins in a row. Most of my games since then have started pretty well, I tend to main support and the laning phase tends to go pretty smoothly, then I look at the score and they're 6 kills up somehow, then the blaming and raging starts and it all just melts away. Blurgh.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Robzor McFabulous posted:

Ever since I was promoted to Silver V I haven't won a Ranked game, up to maybe an 11 or 12 game losing streak now. It's becoming really soul-crushing. I try to take something away from each game, but god drat this is getting ridiculous. I placed in Bronze 1 and got promoted fairly easily, won around two thirds of my games and blitzed my second attempt at promo series with 3 wins in a row. Most of my games since then have started pretty well, I tend to main support and the laning phase tends to go pretty smoothly, then I look at the score and they're 6 kills up somehow, then the blaming and raging starts and it all just melts away. Blurgh.

The league system lags behind your own MMR for this very reason. Streaks happen in both directions. You feel super good when you win like 10 games in a row, and you attribute it all to skill in your head. But that's not sustainable, and there's going to end up being losing streaks. Take a break if you feel like you're playing on tilt.

Even the best players in the game don't end up with a win rate much above 50% in the long run, because the system does such a good job against matching you against people who should be a challenge continually and the losses you can't control tend even out with wins you didn't really earn.

Just how the system works.

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011
I wish it was just about going on tilt, but I only play maybe one or two Ranked games a day at the moment, I stop after a couple of losses as I do start getting frustrated. I'm not blaming the system at all, I understand how it works, didn't mean my post to suggest that.

Apple2o
Mar 25, 2009

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 years!)

Robzor McFabulous posted:

I main support in mid-plat elo, and can say you really don't want to main support if you think you are significantly better than the other players in the match. I was messing around on a different account in silver/bronze elo and actually found I could not carry alot of games; even when I crushed the enemy bot lane and gave my adc free farm for the first 10m.

I could carry maining support from around high silver / low gold and up, below that it was very hard because low elo players typically do not know how to take advantage of their lead and end the game. Instead you end up with your 4/0 draven running into the enemy jungle alone to farm the wight or something. They are also very hesitant to follow up on your plays, and will not take kills practically handed to them sometimes.

Snag yourself a solo lane or the jungle, it is much easier to carry from those roles if you think you are actually below your elo. Adc and support you are still relying on another person quite heavily and it's harder to snowball out of control against 2 opponents if your ally isn't very good.

Logicone
Nov 3, 2012

Fur proud service to ze Axis, I hereby avard myself und mein subordinates ze Better zan Herp Ribbon!

You get ze ribbon! Und YOU get ze ribbon! EVERYONE gets ze ribbon!

Except Herp. Arschloch.
Speaking of support, I've been trying out Leona recently - the pro guide for her on lolpro suggests Armor Quints, Marks, and Seals. I wanted to know if it was actually worth it to stack that much armor on her at my current skill level, or should I just stick with the suggested rune pages in the first post? Additionally, I finished my main three rune pages a while ago - is it worth it to start picking up runes for my main champions, or should I concentrate on fleshing out my champion roster more first?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I need a loving crash course in how to ADC. I just immediately die and contribute nothing to anything. I mean, I lane really well, and usually get super ahead there, but I just get demolished every team fight by CC. I'll be doing whatever and Gragas and Amumu will jump me and I die immediately. gently caress this stupid role.

Seanightjar
Apr 1, 2011

I main marksman, if you want to duo I can give some pointers (plat atm).
IGN: IiteralIy HitIer

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Austrian mook posted:

I need a loving crash course in how to ADC. I just immediately die and contribute nothing to anything. I mean, I lane really well, and usually get super ahead there, but I just get demolished every team fight by CC. I'll be doing whatever and Gragas and Amumu will jump me and I die immediately. gently caress this stupid role.

Laning isn't the inherently hard part of ADC. It's that it is the most positioning critical role. If you're out of position, a fat guy or a mummy comes out of nowhere and poops on your chest.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Seanightjar posted:

I main marksman, if you want to duo I can give some pointers (plat atm).
IGN: IiteralIy HitIer

That would be awesome, I'm not even level 30 yet.

Zaodai posted:

Laning isn't the inherently hard part of ADC. It's that it is the most positioning critical role. If you're out of position, a fat guy or a mummy comes out of nowhere and poops on your chest.

I get that, it just feels like I can't do it. I play Sivir mostly, so that might be the problem, what with her tiny AA range.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

Marksman is all about positioning, keeping damage up, and understanding damage. Since you're so squishy, you need to know who can jump and kill you immediately. Since you're so squishy, you need to know exactly what range they can jump and kill you immediately. However, if you spend the game worried about getting jumped and killed you will essentially be killed. What is killing you doing? It's taking you out of the fight. Finding the right areas to move in order to avoid getting hit is tricky. Essentially, here are a few tips for the role

1) If you are out of the fight, you can go back in(barring some exceptions) at your leisure. For instance, if their tank runs you out of the fight, they have no tank, and your team fights a 4v4 which you are slightly behind because they are outdamaged, you can reposition yourself and come back in. This is the most valuable asset you can have - learning when you can go back in is crucial to getting damage out of the role. If you get pushed out of the fight, you are out of mind, and can get some choice damage off.

2) Laning phase isn't nearly as important as you think, but don't ignore it. Get your gold up, get rich.

3) Marksman is a role about taking towers. It's a crucial role, nobody else can take towers as well as they can. Ergo, your goal in a fight is to survive so that you can take towers in the aftermath. It's not a very glorified view, but that's essentially what it comes down to. If you die, but your team goes 3-5 and your tank and support survive you can't take towers. If you don't die and you go 4-4, but their tank survived, you can take the tower since their tank probably can't kill you. This is actually more beneficial in most times than the 3-5 trade, because you garner more objective control.

4) You die when you have 0 health. Don't say "man I have like 400 health I can't fight this" and leave. If you are any good at all, you have some lifesteal. Go lifesteal back up. Be it jungle monsters, lane creeps, enemy champions, whatever. Just lifesteal in a way that doesn't damage you.

5) Understand when to farm and when to push with your team. There are times when your team will be like "all mid" and they will all sit mid and stare down the other team while both mid laners flashfarm the wave and absolutely jack poo poo is happening. Unless you are playing Ashe or Varus, you probably are at the whim of your team in terms of fight potential, and they are not going to fight. In this case, pushing top can defuse the situation by forcing them to react to you. Like any role, be careful about how you push to avoid dying.

6) Remember those guys who said "DONT FOCUS THE TANK"?? They're motherfucking liars. As the marksman, you regularly build Last Whisper, making you by far the most qualified tank shredder(unless you have some sort of AP hypercarry like Cass or Ryze). If nobody kills the tank, you are basically letting them get free damage. When they say "don't focus the tank" what they mean is "unless you are the ADC in a situation where the entire fight has yet to collapse". As marksman, if you see their tank walk up just start beating them the gently caress back. So many times I've watched newer ADCs throw fights just by not focusing the tank and letting the tank ruin their formation.

7) Get dollars at any cost. That means take dragon at 15 minutes if you aren't getting shitstomped. If you fall behind the damage curve, it's hard to get back on. Remember that kills give the great dollars if you can regularly get them, but the best dollars come from taking the enemy's base.

8) Each game, find your preferred defensive item. If they have a lot of CC but not a lot of damage, get Mercurial Scimitar. If they have a lot of damage but not a lot of CC, get GA. If they have one devastating move, like say a Malphite ult, get a Banshee's Veil. If they have only AD and are brain damaged as a collective, get Randuin's. If you start dying a lot get that item. Otherwise, just keep it in the back of your mind as an option.

9) Don't be that guy who says "PEEL ME OMG GUYS WTF???". There was probably a better way to position yourself so you didn't die. Always think about position. It's your primary goal. Position yourself in a way so that, A, you are not in threat of dying, B, can reposition to another spot, and C, are capable of attacking. A, then B, then C. If you back yourself into a corner they can just collapse on you.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Austrian mook posted:

One thing I can tell you that has helped me is that instead of trying to focus specific targets I just shoot whoever is in my max range. Yeah you might end up shooting the tank but you stay alive longer in team fights. Having your support to peel for you is great but you have no agency in that matter.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Austrian mook posted:

If enemy team is blowing cc on you, learn to stay out of range or vision for the first couple seconds until crap is on cooldown. Then you waltz in and go to town. Preferably just take advantage of good initiation and work with team to make it 4v5 asap then killsteal the stragglers. Be selfish and let teammates die bravely for you.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Also what exactly does Attack Move do and how is it useful?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Zerilan posted:

Attack move is like a regular move, except if you get in range of something you can attack you immediately stop and attack it. If you attack move on a target, you'll stop where you are (or when you get in range) and attack it rather than worrying about if the game decides you should keep walking into range or not.

It's useful for a lot of stuff, but especially kiting (where it reduces the amount of time you're not moving away) and last hitting as a ranged champion (as you can alternate regular moves and attack moves to keep your champion moving while still immediately stopping to last hit creeps as needed).

You attack move by pressing A and clicking where you want to go, or holding shift when you right click.

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011

Apple2o posted:

I main support in mid-plat elo, and can say you really don't want to main support if you think you are significantly better than the other players in the match. I was messing around on a different account in silver/bronze elo and actually found I could not carry alot of games; even when I crushed the enemy bot lane and gave my adc free farm for the first 10m.

I could carry maining support from around high silver / low gold and up, below that it was very hard because low elo players typically do not know how to take advantage of their lead and end the game. Instead you end up with your 4/0 draven running into the enemy jungle alone to farm the wight or something. They are also very hesitant to follow up on your plays, and will not take kills practically handed to them sometimes.

Snag yourself a solo lane or the jungle, it is much easier to carry from those roles if you think you are actually below your elo. Adc and support you are still relying on another person quite heavily and it's harder to snowball out of control against 2 opponents if your ally isn't very good.

Thanks for the advice! The Draven thing sounds all too familiar...

I'm half decent Jungle and Top, I think I'll try to snag those more then.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

:frogsiren:The "Starter Pack" bundle is 80% off in the store.:frogsiren:

This contains Garen, Sivir, Ashe, Ryze, Annie, Nunu, Master Yi, Warwick, a 10 Win XP Boost and a 4 win IP Boost.

I can't see what the price is right now (it scales with what you own and I own all champions) but if it's 80% off that's a pretty decent amount of champions for a price better than the normal weekly sales.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Zerilan posted:

Attack Move is a holdover from the MOBA's RTS origins. In an RTS, if you order an attack move, your units will travel to the cursor but, if they discover enemy units on the way, they will stop their movement and attack immediately.

In LoL it can be used to, for example, attack someone in a bush the moment you get vision and prevent them from juking you, or help prevent misclicks when you're kiting someone.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

a medical mystery posted:

Attack Move is a holdover from the MOBA's RTS origins. In an RTS, if you order an attack move, your units will travel to the cursor but, if they discover enemy units on the way, they will stop their movement and attack immediately.

In LoL it can be used to, for example, attack someone in a bush the moment you get vision and prevent them from juking you, or help prevent misclicks when you're kiting someone.

I've been getting misclicks a lot lately in the middle of giant brawls. Is it useful for that kind of situation, or is it just the nature of the beast?

In other news, I bought Jinx and went 14/5/15 in my first proper game with her. Did I do good?

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I've been getting misclicks a lot lately in the middle of giant brawls. Is it useful for that kind of situation, or is it just the nature of the beast?

Yes. In my opinion attack move is only super useful for ad carrys because you're trying to stay on the very edge of the fight, usually if you misclick and move in closer you risk death. Attack move is ALSO useful for shutting down bush juke shennanigans. You know, where people run into a bush and then run back out once you run in. If you just attack move into the bush you'll automatically target them.

Oh yeah it's also useful for kiting because you just alternate clicking between regular move and attack move instead of trying to keep moving your mouse between where you want to move and clicking on the enemy.

Of course these things can always backfire if a creep comes into your range. It definitely takes some nuance to master, but it's a useful tool in select situations.

psymonkey fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 15, 2014

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Zaodai posted:

:frogsiren:The "Starter Pack" bundle is 80% off in the store.:frogsiren:

This contains Garen, Sivir, Ashe, Ryze, Annie, Nunu, Master Yi, Warwick, a 10 Win XP Boost and a 4 win IP Boost.

I can't see what the price is right now (it scales with what you own and I own all champions) but if it's 80% off that's a pretty decent amount of champions for a price better than the normal weekly sales.

For me it would be 530RP and there's also a 3 day IP boost. How much IP do boosts give? I was originally going to hold on to my current RP enough to wait for 5 6300 champs to go on sale, and don't care too much about the champs I don't have in the bundle, but the boosts make it tempting.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Don't buy it. You'd get more mileage out of buying an IP boost on its own. IP boosts give you 2x IP.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

exethan posted:

Don't buy it. You'd get more mileage out of buying an IP boost on its own. IP boosts give you 2x IP.

I think I'll stick to specifically buying 6300 champs on sale then, unless like, Runepages go on a 2 for 1 deal or something. Already got Lucian, and I'm willing to be patient for a couple out of Thresh, Yasuo, Jynx, and a couple junglers if Vi doesn't get too badly hit in whatever upcoming patch nerfs her.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 15, 2014

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Zerilan posted:

I think I'll stick to specifically buying 6300 champs on sale then, unless like, Runepages go on a 2 for 1 deal or something.

Those seem to happen once every half year. I think the next one will be somewhere in March/April.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
I may take the night off League. I go in for my first game, I say I'm willing to fill, the rest of the team fills up quickly aside from a guy who says he can't carry or jungle when those are the only two positions open. He then says "Wait, supp" (when we've already got a support ready to go), switches to Master Yi with Ghost and Barrier, and only says "truuuust me, i sup" when called out.

Yeah, I dodged that. I'd be up for a gimmick lane if bot lane wasn't infested with matchups that amount to "Oh, you're trying something goofy? Allow us to all-in you at level two and smash our way to the inhibitor by fifteen minutes."

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Daeren posted:

I may take the night off League. I go in for my first game, I say I'm willing to fill, the rest of the team fills up quickly aside from a guy who says he can't carry or jungle when those are the only two positions open. He then says "Wait, supp" (when we've already got a support ready to go), switches to Master Yi with Ghost and Barrier, and only says "truuuust me, i sup" when called out.

Yeah, I dodged that. I'd be up for a gimmick lane if bot lane wasn't infested with matchups that amount to "Oh, you're trying something goofy? Allow us to all-in you at level two and smash our way to the inhibitor by fifteen minutes."

The terrible team comps at low SL really crack me up. One game we have no ADCs and some weird Yi/Jax botlane. Next game we have three ADCs including Jinx toplane who somehow ends up facing a Caitlyn. The amount of games at low SL where you can just take full armor and be impossible to kill or get a free win by having an ADC is sort of astonishing.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Daeren posted:

At least your instincts served you well. The words "trust me" have me leaning towards a dodge in most cases anyway. Because it means someone is getting ready to do something retarded.

Most of the time though if I dodge, it's because someone is straight up not communicating during team select (or there is an obvious troll).

GoldenSeraph
Mar 8, 2006
reincarnation time!
Had something like this occur this past night.

We all queue up in a Normal game. (Still level 21! :argh:)
Everyone including me call out our positions and are all happy, EXCEPT this one guy who doesn't talk, insta-locks Kayle and we are all like, "Um, where are you going?" then after we all locked in they finally say, "Bot I guess..."

Like come on people. COMMUNICATE in lobby and in game. We lost that one too because they were being Support Kayle in a way, but not playing support. No wards, gave up first blood, and quit after dying. Leaving our botlane screwed and so yeah, that sucked.

I am a huge fan of Teemo btw. Picked him up the other night and have lots of funs planting shrooms and sniping fools with him.

I've been running AP Teemo so far. Any tips for Teemo?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

GoldenSeraph posted:

Everyone including me call out our positions and are all happy, EXCEPT this one guy who doesn't talk, insta-locks Kayle and we are all like, "Um, where are you going?" then after we all locked in they finally say, "Bot I guess..."

Like come on people. COMMUNICATE in lobby and in game. We lost that one too because they were being Support Kayle in a way, but not playing support. No wards, gave up first blood, and quit after dying. Leaving our botlane screwed and so yeah, that sucked.

I am a huge fan of Teemo btw. Picked him up the other night and have lots of funs planting shrooms and sniping fools with him.

I've been running AP Teemo so far. Any tips for Teemo?

Yeah, I'd dodge 100% of the time in that situation. Even in ranked.

As for Teemo, a lot of it depends on who you're facing. But max E first, remember to use your blind to stop people auto-attacking you, drop mushrooms to provide vision, early warning, damage and disruption. Don't drop mushrooms too close to each other, as they don't stack. Try and spread them out, they aren't limited like wards are in the number you can have down at once. If you think you may be in danger and need to escape, try and have a shroom nearby you can kite somebody through. If you really have to, drop one and try to run them through it, though they'll usually have seen you drop it and avoid it. I run AP quints and hybrid pen reds (plus standard yellows and blues) when I play Teemo, but that's up to you.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Zaodai posted:

At least your instincts served you well. The words "trust me" have me leaning towards a dodge in most cases anyway. Because it means someone is getting ready to do something retarded.

Whenever I've typed "trust me" it's because I actually know what I'm doing works :ohdear:

There is obviously some variance, but it's best to use your own instincts to know when someone is doing something quirky or when someone is flat out bullshitting. Really, though, the best instinct was to realize "yeah I'm on tilt, not playing anymore".

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Teemo ERADICATES low level games with a fury. I played nothing but Teemo for like 15 levels right after I started. He's also pretty obscene in general now.

You pretty much want to go AP period. Once you're hit 30 and raise your MMR beyond dumpster level, people max Q on him first, but I had the best luck when I was level 21 and godawfuler than I am now by maxing E because the poison racks you up SO many kills. People at level 20 just don't have enough experience against him to account for how much damage it's going to do.

General playstyle is be a massive lane bully to almost everyone via nonstop harass and kiting. Once you hit 6, your new job is to put shrooms loving EVERYWHERE. They do disgusting amounts of damage when you go full AP and you can have like 40 on the drat map. You can still chunk people with Q, but everyone hates Teemo so you're going to get dogpiled anytime you show up anywhere, so your best bet is to poke and run away, then Q their ADC and run away into your shroom farms and hope people who really hate Teemo chase you while your team shreds them from behind.

I've no idea if anyone better than me does this, but I always buy Merc Treads on Teemo because everyone IS going to do their damnedest to hit you with everything possible because of you being Teemo. Otherwise Liandrys is pretty core, then I normally throw in Athenes and Morellonomicon to get you max 40% CDR and a void staff/defensive, but you could also put a Dcap in place of the Athenes or Morello and use CDR blues for probably more damage with a pretty small reduction in shroom amount. Liandry's is pretty much custom made for Teemo though.

There's a Diamond Teemo main in the non-Newbie thread who's always giving good Teemo advice and offering tips, if you want to PM him or something. He's definitely way better at Teemo than I am - Warchicken.

Edit - dude above posted while I was typing, but I agree with his Runes except I use Movespeed Quints instead of AP, but that's just preference

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
On teemo you generally want to start Q and max it first. Having the blind at level 1 lets you be much more aggressive, and the extra damage/blind duration is very valuable.

As far as items, generally pen boots/haunting guise into Liandry's is the way to go. Whether you want pen boots or haunting guise first is down to how much money you have and how much you need mobility vs a bit of extra health.

Placing shrooms well is really important. Look at the places you would walk through the jungle if you wanted to kill yourself or your other laners or take buffs/dragon/baron and place shrooms there. Try to avoid having 3 shrooms ready, that means cooldown is being wasted when you could have an even bigger death farm.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

No one else take Nashor's on Teemo? I've played him a bit on Twisted Treeline lately and tend to pick that up.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Nashor's is a good item when playing aggressively. I usually complete it 3rd or 4th.

It's often not necessary, because you're stacking AP. If you get ~500 AP and complete a Lich Bane, you'll blow up squishies in one auto/Q/auto.

I tend to avoid it if my primary focus is to create a giant minefield, but if I get fed, I like to blow people up, too.

stump collector fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

GoldenSeraph posted:

This doesn't get better as you go up the ladder either. I had someone in a ranked game first pick gragas with ad carry summoner spells, so I asked him if he was mid. When it got to me at 4th pick I took a jungler since that's what I asked for and no one contested it. 30 seconds later Gragas starts raging that he was jungle and pick over call and whatnot when he never said he was jungle or responded to me. (I then just went elise mid and we won anyway)

Basically, people not communicating and doing stupid poo poo is part of the game at any level. Sometimes all you can do is grit your teeth and wait for the 20 minute surrender, then get right back in queue.

• Locked thread