Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Tagichatn posted:

Me and Isto are on this server for GOL unlocking fun, need 2 more.

Joining now, since I missed the earlier bus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

canyoneer posted:

I think it's not about where your victim is, but where the shooter is. If you were sitting at the base in the MAA popping dudes, it would work.

You'd still need the stupid sniper rifle ribbon (6 kills) in the same round though.

Are you sure you need the ribbon in the same round? All of the other ribbon based assignments let you get the ribbons whenever.

Isko
May 20, 2008
Well, thanks everyone. Got everyone in our group the GOL.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Isko posted:

Well, thanks everyone. Got everyone in our group the GOL.
Indeed, much thanks for the great work on a confusing yet successful unlockathon! :D

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Got mine too. Thanks dudes.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Who's the other goon wearing my Charles Barkley emblem?

that was me, sorry my mumble push to talk wasn't working.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
DMR Premium Shortcuts ahoy

Click the big orange "BATTLEFIELD 4 PREMIUM GIVEAWAY" box at the bottom of the blog post before the FIX THE GAME comments. Worked for me, I've got all the DMRs now and didn't have to use the crappy ones :whatup:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Shima Honnou posted:

I like how basically the only thing that changed about Metro is it's not tinted blue now, it's still just as much of a stupid clusterfuck.

It's the EXACT same map, minus blue tint and with like one or two extra routes added. We knew this months ago, I'm not really sure what everyone was expecting?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Crow_Rodeo posted:

It's the EXACT same map, minus blue tint and with like one or two extra routes added. We knew this months ago, I'm not really sure what everyone was expecting?

What is it with the internet and people always going "I don't see why you're so surprised" and "I don't know what you were expecting"? Maybe he expected exactly that, thought it was poo poo then, and thinks it's poo poo now? Or, the Bonus Option, maybe he didn't stay on top of the Latest Hot Battlefield News.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Fallom posted:

What is it with the internet and people always going "I don't see why you're so surprised" and "I don't know what you were expecting"? Maybe he expected exactly that, thought it was poo poo then, and thinks it's poo poo now? Or, the Bonus Option, maybe he didn't stay on top of the Latest Hot Battlefield News.

This is a dumb post. The map is called Operation Metro, you should be expecting more metro.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Crow_Rodeo posted:

This is a dumb post. The map is called Operation Metro, you should be expecting more metro.

Please reference the non-bonus option.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Bah, missed the GOL party. Welp maybe next time.

Edit: also what Mumble/TS are we using now?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I already got the GOL but I'll be happy to help other people get it. It's pretty much the best thing to happen to recon.
Whatever the best thing to happen to recon is, I assure you that it's not a sniper rifle.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I read the first few comments on Battlelog about the unlock packs and people hate this because you're supposed to EARN unlocks, goddamnit.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I'm a masochist trying to learn KB+M controls and this game at the same time. Is there anything I character can do about Helicopters without the Stinger? The LAW seems pretty ineffective, and using the PLD makes some assumptions about teammates that don't hold up very well.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Holy poo poo Metro is even worse than before it seems.

Also, anyone who has an upskirt / "sexy" emblem is a loving weirdo.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Anyone still GOL achievement farming? If so, what server?

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

TubeStank posted:

I saw one yesterday that was a lady in white underwear with fully defined labia. Creepy poo poo.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Target Practice posted:

Bah, missed the GOL party. Welp maybe next time.

Edit: also what Mumble/TS are we using now?

CTS mumble.

76.72.167.240 : 64738

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

TubeStank posted:

I haven't seen it in a bit but there was one floating around for awhile where it was some girl's head and she looked like a hot topic ad, and whoever originally designed it made so her mouth was hanging open and you could see a big white pool of jizz in there. Like, wtf, honestly.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

That Sandstorm on gulf gives me a memory leak on my 6850 every single time, fills up 16 gigs of ram and hard locks me great times.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Crow_Rodeo posted:

I haven't seen it in a bit but there was one floating around for awhile where it was some girl's head and she looked like a hot topic ad, and whoever originally designed it made so her mouth was hanging open and you could see a big white pool of jizz in there. Like, wtf, honestly.
Some of them are pretty cool, though.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Well yeah there are, but EVERY "sexy" emblem is the worst

Welsper
Jan 14, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so very glad I only have to use a videogame M60 rather than a real one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNVegwmZiQM

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
http://emblemsbf.com/emblem-21865.html

Wanker dog rules

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I hit rank 108, got 200% boost in the battlepack. Hit rank 109, got another 200%. I've already unlocked everything, so... hope they add more ranks or something.

I'm really digging Second Assault. I don't even mind Metro. I had read that the new side tunnels were only open in Rush, so I was pleased to find there was at least one other way to try to break through. I always liked Oman, and I think the sandstorm is a good improvement. So much easier as infantry to sneak up on the beach flags. I'm quite pleased with the performance of the new maps. BF3 Oman caused quite a few framedrops - maybe the limited draw distance is helping.

I've been lucky I guess - I had soundloops before the big Christmas patch on Paracel/Shanghai/Dawnbreaker, but can't remember the last time I had.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
In what way is the GOL better than the SRR?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Is anyone else noticing "floatier" netcode post SA launch? I absolutely STRUGGLE to maintain a 1.0 KDR on the new maps and am noticing that all the netcode woes that we all complain about are so frequent for me now it's just not even funny. I've had multiple instances where I magdump someone in the back and get absolutely no hit markers. It's atrocious, and it literally started two days ago with SA launching. Is it me or is someone else so similarly afflicted? I'm playing the worst I have since launch and I don't know if it's something going on with the game or it's me.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm trying to back up files for a possible reinstall of windows. BF4 doesn't seem to have any easy to understand folders like "maps" as far as I can see? I want too back up second assault with out having to do the whole bf4 folder. Any advice?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

the least weasel posted:

In what way is the GOL better than the SRR?

Higher ROF. The SRR is the best for actual ranged sniping since it has magic bullets leading to less drop over distances, but the Gol or M40A5 are the best for aggressive recon due to their high ROF.

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009

Jippa posted:

I'm trying to back up files for a possible reinstall of windows. BF4 doesn't seem to have any easy to understand folders like "maps" as far as I can see? I want too back up second assault with out having to do the whole bf4 folder. Any advice?

I think it's here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\Update\Xpack0 with the actual maps for SA being here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\Update\Xpack0\Data\Win32\XP0\Levels

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

BIFF! posted:

I think it's here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\Update\Xpack0 with the actual maps for SA being here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\Update\Xpack0\Data\Win32\XP0\Levels

Fantastic, thanks.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
I don't care if I'm wrong, but playing with Cplkerebos makes me think I am playing with a sane Krieger. And it's simply the best.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo my k/d after I switched to SCAR SV + Shorty combo. Those DMR/Pistol giveaways changed my game completely.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I don't see the DMR/shotgun shortcut kit anywhere, I only see the already unlocked pistol kit...anyone else have this issue? Not the biggest deal, I'm only a couple thousand away from the last of both, but still...nevermind, I'm an idiot, I was looking in the store, didn't realize I just had to click the huge button.

Also, whatever unlock requires 2 kill assist ribbons seems screwed, every single round I seem to get credit for 1 of 2 kill assist ribbons, even if I did get more in that round.

wyoak fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 20, 2014

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

wyoak posted:

Also, whatever unlock requires 2 kill assist ribbons seems screwed, every single round I seem to get credit for 1 of 2 kill assist ribbons, even if I did get more in that round.

The one on Metro ? The only problem I had was getting the 10 kills and 10 kill assists without crashing. Other than that, just standing in a corner as support spamming RGOs into the elevators netted me plenty of kill assists.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Ah, I didn't realize the assists had to be on Metro, that'd explain it....

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

There's only one shotgun you need now, the DAO i ridiculous. With darts and Full choke you can oneshot people out to a good distance, and twoshot surprisingly far as well. In close a guaranteed OHK as well, and the hipfire is way better than I'd thought.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spuckuk posted:

There's only one shotgun you need now, the DAO i ridiculous. With darts and Full choke you can oneshot people out to a good distance, and twoshot surprisingly far as well. In close a guaranteed OHK as well, and the hipfire is way better than I'd thought.

:hfive: Bugged DAO is the best shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Wasn't the DAO broken in BF3 as well?

• Locked thread