Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

not sure why the google doc uses this as their Dux sprite, but I like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kikas posted:

So, Dorkly is another one of those webcomics that jumped in on the TPP bandwagon. I am amazed that Penny Arcade resisted the temptation for the whole week.

Counterpoint: if Red's orders were coming from a Charmander Abby would never have gotten released. :colbert:

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
I see we're buying more pokeballs to throw at trainer pokemon.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Dutchfool posted:

Just make the stats higher of the already restricted legendaries. They are the most unique ones anayway and could really be buffed in power. Make them as strong as the RYB Mewtwo, a true legendary.

Those legendaries are pretty much already Mewtwo's equal in strength. He really only became an unstoppable force against in the current two generations, where he gained Psystrike for tearing down physical walls and a pair of Mega Evolutions. Until then he was on par with other restricted legendaries like Kyogre and Darkrai.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Why are we getting more balls?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

IronicDongz posted:

You're right, tiers should be even more divided and casual play without strict rules about what you can use should be even less fun.

World consistency vs. balance. There's no real right answer.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

LAY-ZX posted:

I haven't been watching since the second loss to Koga, why in the gently caress do they have four each of Venonats and Nidorans?

Safari Zone.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

pokeballs would be the literal worst thing to get right now, we have a space in our party for lapras aleady, we don't want to fill it with random poo poo.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

CottonWolf posted:

World consistency vs. balance. There's no real right answer.
There's like zero world consistency in pokemon in the first place and any improvements to balance that don't move it towards a RSE style turtlefest at higher levels are more fun for both playing casually and seriously, so I think there is. :colbert:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So I guess we're just kinda wandering around aimlessly waiting for the hivemind to decide on an objective, huh.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

McDragon posted:

Safari Zone.

Oh, duh.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm actually pretty disappointed they didn't fill up the PC with poo poo mons while they were screwing around the Safari Zone, just so we could watch them trying to clear out space to get Lapras or something.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thank you and that was his last Pokemon right?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

pokeballs would be the literal worst thing to get right now, we have a space in our party for lapras aleady, we don't want to fill it with random poo poo.

how many times have they cleared a space just to catch something like ten minutes later?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
We need Fly so badly, just to see people rush to activate it / cancel it at the same time.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Kikas posted:

So, Dorkly is another one of those webcomics that jumped in on the TPP bandwagon. I am amazed that Penny Arcade resisted the temptation for the whole week.

I gotta say that this one isn't that funny.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The Bee posted:

Mega Evolutions
I just looked this up and what the gently caress, pokemon

edit: ahahahahahaahaaaha

Hazo fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 21, 2014

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Thank you and that was his last Pokemon right?

Both of them were each trainers last pokemon

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Terper posted:

So I guess we're just kinda wandering around aimlessly waiting for the hivemind to decide on an objective, huh.

There's really only one sensible objective right now, which is going back to Saffron to do Silph Co. Even if they wanted to finally get Fly first, it's mostly the same way.

Well, technically they could teach something Surf and go to Seafoam Island, but lol

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

joats posted:

I gotta say that this one isn't that funny.

There are no funny webcomics.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Holy poo poo, I just checked bulbapedia and apparently Rhydon can learn both strength AND surf, even in gen 1.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

PowerBeard posted:

Achewood

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Terper posted:

It's more a sizable minority of the chat wants to go to the PC because we will magically somehow retrieve BigDig or a Rhyhorn (that we would need to level up 14 times before it can learn surf) rather than best case, grab a random one of our 8 venonats or nidorans, worst case deposit our actually good pokemon in there forever.
The non-idiots are trying to push for Saffron/SilphCo for Lapras and Saffron Gym

Chat has really short memories and probably will continue to push for the PC until they get burned again - it's been like ~2 days since they released a guy they liked and have forgotten why we don't PC.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Hazo posted:

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

To be fair, MegaGengar is one of the cooler ones. It has Shadow Tag solely because the eye on its forehead is a permanent Mean Look. :v:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hazo posted:

Come on man, that looks boss as gently caress

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

PowerBeard posted:

Not to derail, but nope, there are loads of funny ones.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kild posted:

Both of them were each trainers last pokemon

That's even better this stream owns

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

how do you even do a megaevolution?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Trade a Shiny from Gold/Silver to Gen 1, then have a Ditto or Missingno. transform into it to become shiny when traded into gen 2. There was also a way to get whatever you wanted with the Mew glitch by getting a Ditto to transform.

Saagonsa posted:

yeah, i think it turned anything that used it into a ditto

Went and looked this up; the specific one I was thinking about was
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/--_(move) but it looks like you can do a whole lot of poo poo with Transform in this game.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Come on man, that looks boss as gently caress

Not gonna lie, reading the mega-evolution page kind of made me want to buy X/Y. But I got soul silver instead because I need my nostalgia fix.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Blasmeister posted:

Equip the species-specific Mega Stone and trigger it in battle. (It does not take a turn)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Mega Charizard owns all the bones.

Mega Mewtwo looks dumb as hell though. Both of them.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Any and all badly designed Mega Evolutions are forgiven, for it allows this to exist:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Mega Charizard owns all the bones.

Mega Mewtwo looks dumb as hell though. Both of them.
Which Mega Charizard?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blasmeister posted:

The pokemon that get them hold a special item and you can do it during battle. They revert afterwards.

You can also only do one in any battle.

Also the pokemon that get them are kinda weird and arbitrary. Also Charizard gets 2, as does Mewtwo.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Dunban posted:

Not to derail, but nope, there are loads of funny ones.
There are no funny gaming webcomics

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I love how Gen 1 Ditto always looked like he was doing a powerslide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Was gonna post this. He looks so uncomfortable. :kimchi:

• Locked thread