Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indra
Nov 25, 2005
Where are my pants?
Oh i've missed those Seinne/Metro apartment stairwells, SO good for C4ing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Der Luftwaffle posted:

Has anyone played a round on Caspian where Russia doesn't win? That new wall completely fucks the US side, no matter how good or bad teams are, the outcome always seems to be the same and by a huge margin.

Not in my experience. Yesterday a 7 man eurogoon army helped useless pubbies and we won 360ish to 0 as US. The trick seems to be to bumrush right through the gate at B and hold D guerilla style in the woods. Don't worry about B it will get capped by the pubbies, just Slam the poo poo out of the road at the gate.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Whew, finally got the F2000 unlocked. Using the CZ-3A1 (an irredeemably lovely gun) helped a fair amount.

The GOL was pretty easy in comparison, I was on a hardcore server and most of the players left, with the remaining players going "Everybody's gone, I need the GOL/DAO!"

Now I just need to grind marksman ribbons for that lovely sniper rifle.

Gish
Oct 18, 2000
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength
I have such a love/hate relationship with the MAV. It's awesome when someone on your team uses one and it's beneficial. It's terrible when the opposite team has one flying with immunity and nobody will help shoot it down.
And it still dodges/absorbs AA missles.
Oh flying lawnmower why must you be so fickle.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I can't seem to get the dao, I've tried doing the gate thing on a number of servers both raising and lowering but nothing?

The gate being both sides of the thing by point A yes? Is it delayed or some thing (the achievement)?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Gish posted:

I have such a love/hate relationship with the MAV. It's awesome when someone on your team uses one and it's beneficial. It's terrible when the opposite team has one flying with immunity and nobody will help shoot it down.
And it still dodges/absorbs AA missles.
Oh flying lawnmower why must you be so fickle.

Why would they not shoot it down? It's free points!

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Jippa posted:

I can't seem to get the dao, I've tried doing the gate thing on a number of servers both raising and lowering but nothing?

The gate being both sides of the thing by point A yes? Is it delayed or some thing (the achievement)?

You have to get the entire thing in one round, which means raise/lower the gate and get a shotgun ribbon (or two? I don't remember the exact requirements). Basically, do the gate and then go sit by the tower and shoot things with buckshot till you unlock it.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

whatspeakyou posted:

You have to get the entire thing in one round, which means raise/lower the gate and get a shotgun ribbon (or two? I don't remember the exact requirements). Basically, do the gate and then go sit by the tower and shoot things with buckshot till you unlock it.

I just :love: those assignments. I had SO much fun trying to get a grenade kill for my MTAR. I eventually lucked out on a 24/7 Locker meatgrinder server for that one. Most of the time, trying to lob a grenade is suicidal because in the time it takes for you to pull the pin and toss the drat thing, you've been shot half a dozen times.

The weirdest thing is, I've unlocked it, but it still shows up in-game as an incomplete assignment.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Feb 22, 2014

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

whatspeakyou posted:

Oh of course, I am an idiot.

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Tommy 2.0 posted:

OK, there is no way I'm not going to get banned with the DAO-12. I've had three rounds going over 100 kills with the drat thing now.

Banned? Heh. I think you overestimate how much EA care about BF4. I know people who got thousands of kills in BF3 using the broken MASS and the only punishment they received was a poo poo-load of ribbons and medals. The MASS was way more broken than the DAO is.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

CitrusFrog posted:

The weirdest thing is, I've unlocked it, but it still shows up in-game as an incomplete assignment.

A lot of assignments do this, and I have no idea why.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010

N is for Nipples posted:

A lot of assignments do this, and I have no idea why.

I thought maybe it was a fuckup at the start when they released the CR weapons before CR came out, but my DAO-12 assignment is still showing incomplete.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
All of the weapon unlock assignments still show up at round-end for me.

I unlocked all the 2nd Assault weapons now. The GOL was not that hard - you don't have to be a useless wookie to get it. I got it by being on like the lowest level and killing the people who were trying to get on the towers. The people parachuting in. I used an assault rifle. It's actually easier to get it right now when everyone is trying to do the assignment, as there are always people there. On Caspian I went up in the lift and found four tunnel-visioned wookies. Two went down with AR, one to pistol, one to knife. I probably would have got the assignment that round but then the tower fell down.

It's double XP? I just hit rank 110 last night (of course my gold battlepacks for both 108 and 109 had 200% boosts). So... well I still have assignments to do. And now trying out hardcore a bit more, just for a change.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I wonder if the admins on the no explosives servers realize how it loving ruins the game.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The best servers are the knife and pistol only ones that you can still use vehicles on. Nothing better than trying to fight a tank or a helicopter with an m9.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Riflen posted:

Banned? Heh. I think you overestimate how much EA care about BF4. I know people who got thousands of kills in BF3 using the broken MASS and the only punishment they received was a poo poo-load of ribbons and medals. The MASS was way more broken than the DAO is.

Well, server admins are sensitive babies who will issue a ban if someone kills them with the wrong thing.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
I was banned from a server once for running over an admin with a jeep because it was "cheap", probably the same logic that banned DMR's before they were buffed.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Jippa posted:

I unlocked the DAO-12 completely inadvertently because the Shorty is my favorite sidearm.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
So the DAO is a monster even without Darts. I'm sitting at 91 kills and I can't imagine this thing being any more powerful. It can't be true.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
It's true, and getting dart sniped from across the map by it is obnoxious.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like its another double exp weekend that DICE didn't announce!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SwitchbladeKult posted:

So the DAO is a monster even without Darts. I'm sitting at 91 kills and I can't imagine this thing being any more powerful. It can't be true.

Imagine if you can, four 870s on a cliff. Now imagine that they're semi-auto.

Literally the only downside to the DAO-12 is that you don't have the wicked sick pumping sound or animation to punctuate every shot, but it makes up for it by being loving insanely overpowered.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Welp, just earned my first MVP ribbon after owning this since launch while earning my JS2 tag. Moral: I'm bad and use bad guns.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Rapidly firing the DAO-12 is the closest you can get to being Terry Crews in The Expendables. (The full-automatic shotguns somehow feel less than the AA-12 in that movie.)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Wait until you try it with darts. It does get more powerful :getin:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The DAO is pretty crazy, it looks crazy as well. Like some sort of tommy gun on crack.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I've had exactly 1 multiplayer game start successfully since I bought this game in November and it was 2 patches ago. Any time it actually launches I get a nice freeze either during loading, deployment, or within 2 seconds of starting into the match. Better than the crashes every time I got into a game in November, I guess.

Pretty glad I only paid $25 for this poo poo.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That sucks, does it lock the whole comp or just bf4?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Jippa posted:

That sucks, does it lock the whole comp or just bf4?

Just the exe thankfully, but I have never paid for a bigger piece of poo poo in my entire life, considering every other game I own on Steam or Origin runs like butter, period.

edit: 90% of the time Battlelog can't even communicate with bf4.exe and tells me to shut it down with task manager. In the offchance it starts, there is a 99% guarantee it will freeze in either the loading screen or deployment screen. If it gets further than that, there is a 99% chance it will freeze within 2 seconds of dropping into the match.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 22, 2014

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Riflen posted:

I meant specifically from servers, but yeah. It *almost* reminds me of the USAS-12/Frag/IRNV hilarity at early BF3. What was up with the MASS in BF3? Was it something broken after Karkand (around when I stopped)?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I meant specifically from servers, but yeah. It *almost* reminds me of the USAS-12/Frag/IRNV hilarity at early BF3. What was up with the MASS in BF3? Was it something broken after Karkand (around when I stopped)?
For a while, equipping the MASS underbarrel meant you fired rounds from your main gun instead of pellets (or slugs) like normal. Putting it underneath a G3A3 meant you fired off 12 G3 rounds simultaneously, using the spread pattern of the MASS.

edit: As far as I know, the glitch still exists with the MASS slug. You fire off a single AR round instead of the slug ammo if its underbarrel, but since it wasn't benefiting anyone DICE didn't care.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 22, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

edit: ^^^^ :argh:

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Using the MASS underslung on an AR would give every pellet AR bullet damage. So the hilarious combo would be to use the G3A3 for a ridiculously powerful shotgun.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
You guys are forgetting that equipping the HB was a part of that glitch too, and it actually tightened the DART spread significantly, meaning that not only was the cloud of 7.62mm death capable of potentially 400 damage, but it also had much more effective range than any other non-slug shotgun. :w00t:

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

TheRationalRedditor posted:

You guys are forgetting that equipping the HB was a part of that glitch too, and it actually tightened the DART spread significantly, meaning that not only was the cloud of 7.62mm death capable of potentially 400 damage, but it also had much more effective range than any other non-slug shotgun. :w00t:

Don't forget that this was back when patches would come out on a quarter year basis due to microsoft being dumb about patches so the PC crew got to enjoy that little bug for 3-4 months.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
So I got the DAO-12 and used it in a game of Locker yesterday. I went 53-12. :stare:

Edit: This is on Conquest Large, it's not even a Domination or TDM score. I could probably do better in those gametypes.

The only balancing factor to it is the fact that reloading takes so drat long, otherwise it's a complete murder machine. And I don't even have flechettes for it yet.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

OGS-Remix posted:

So I got the DAO-12 and used it in a game of Locker yesterday. I went 53-12. :stare:

Edit: This is on Conquest Large, it's not even a Domination or TDM score. I could probably do better in those gametypes.

The only balancing factor to it is the fact that reloading takes so drat long, otherwise it's a complete murder machine. And I don't even have flechettes for it yet.

You can fire while reloading. Never not active reload.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Wang posted:

Don't forget that this was back when patches would come out on a quarter year basis due to microsoft being dumb about patches so the PC crew got to enjoy that little bug for 3-4 months.
I never forget that it was literally like that for 4 whole months, lol

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wang posted:

It was more EA being idiots and deciding that it was better to let ALL platforms suffer a massive bug for 3 months (or whatever) rather than fix it for one platform at a time.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Any goons want to cheese the gol right now? Add me on Origin donkylips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

OGS-Remix posted:

Ya without flechettes, it is the same as the other semi-autos. With flechettes, you become death destroyer of worlds.

• Locked thread