Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolverine Tamer
Jul 29, 2013

Brutus Salad posted:

CURRENT GOAL:
Go to Cinnabar Island
Intermediate Goal: Get through Rock Tunnel (no one can learn Cut)

:allears:

The whole quest for Zapdos couldn't have ended any better way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
Surprisingly, it took 4chan 10 days to decide it wanted to troll TPP.

http://boards.4chan.org/b/res/534070460

Edit: The two hours they've been trying to hijack, I don't think a single pokemon has been released, haha.

Squashy fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 23, 2014

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The best thing about the Destiny business is that TPP chat is hosted on a separate server. Chat for everyone being screwed up is just Twitch being Twitch but TPP is getting the blame for it even though bad chat has happened all the time before.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
things accomplished with catching zapdos:

released 17 pokemon
used master ball

what a beautiful world

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Oh god, I finally caught up. So much bloodshed for a dumb lightning bird. :negative:
Do we at least have Bird Jesus and AIR in the party? I doubt it.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

smokyprogg posted:

things accomplished with catching zapdos:

released 17 pokemon
used master ball

what a beautiful world

It's amazing how they just gave up on it.

yep
Dec 29, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

Oh god, I finally caught up. So much bloodshed for a dumb lightning bird. :negative:

We do, but we have no Pokemon that know or can learn cut.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

We have bird jesus and air, but not zapdos in party.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Pigbuster posted:

I'm just waiting for what possible religious justification they're going to come up with for the past 9 hours.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Pigbuster posted:

The best thing about the Destiny business is that TPP chat is hosted on a separate server. Chat for everyone being screwed up is just Twitch being Twitch but TPP is getting the blame for it even though bad chat has happened all the time before.

The funny thing about the Destiny thing is that he can't influence anything.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

animatorZed posted:

I'm just waiting for what possible religious justification they're going to come up with for the past 9 hours.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pigbuster posted:

No the amazing part is that, on their very first attempt at using the PC, in a matter of maybe a minute, they got Zapdos in the party, but accidentally deposited Abba Jesus in the process.

Instant success followed by hours and hours of loving MADNESS because their sub-par bird is the fan favourite and they wanted it back.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

theCalamity posted:

Who calls himself Destiny except for strippers?

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
ahahaha i totally forgot that they have no one who can use cut any more, so going through rock tunnel is literally the only option now

:laffo:

this also means mandatory seafoam island strength puzzles :getin:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

drat it. They do know that the Zapdos is better than Bird Jesus in every way, right? Even if they released every pokemon to do it, getting Zapdos would still be worth it.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Instant success followed by hours and hours of loving MADNESS because their sub-par bird is the fan favourite and they wanted it back.

Well I mean there's also the fact that it's their best Pokemon due to being absurdly overleveled.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

theCalamity posted:

No that's the sad thing. The funny thing is his willingly accepting the blame of 50,000 people for any setbacks the stream takes.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

SatansBestBuddy posted:

No the amazing part is that, on their very first attempt at using the PC, in a matter of maybe a minute, they got Zapdos in the party, but accidentally deposited Abba Jesus in the process.

Sub par bird?

Fucker is the best they got.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

theCalamity posted:

The funny thing about the Destiny thing is that he you can't influence anything.

You can't change fate, man, whats meant to be is meant to be.

ikaragu
Oct 24, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

They deposited Air first, which was the bigger problem.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

LAY-ZX posted:

Well I mean there's also the fact that it's their best Pokemon due to being absurdly overleveled.

Nope, Zapdos is already stronger than Abba Jesus.

ikaragu posted:

They deposited Air first, which was the bigger problem.

poo poo, I forgot about that.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

LAY-ZX posted:

zapdos is objectively better than pidgeot, even at 10 levels lower

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

animatorZed posted:

Zapdos is the Anti Jesus, Helix has punished us for associating with it. Praise Helix, Bird Jesus be thy prophet.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Nope, Zapdos is already stronger than Abba Jesus.

smokyprogg posted:

zapdos is objectively better than pidgeot, even at 10 levels lower

Okay, fine, but there's still the fact that Zapdos can't swim.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I thought the initial big error was depositing Lapras?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

It's the strongest Pokemon they have, before they captured Zapdos. People also form attachments to certain Pokemons. I admit I was really sad to see Dux go. You just don't fux with the Dux. :smith:

The Pidgeott was kicking rear end and taking names for the longest time. It should stay.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They had a team with Zapdos, Dig Rat, Rhyhorn, Drowzee and Lapras hours ago. Of course they hosed it up trying to get Bird Jesus back.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah okay I forgot about depositing Air. That was a pretty big gently caress up.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

People also form attachments to certain Pokemons

everyone should feel my pain at the loss of digrat

Andrast posted:

They had a team with Zapdos, Dig Rat, Rhyhorn, Drowzee and Lapras hours ago. Of course they hosed it up with trying to get Bird Jesus back.

are you serious? this team easily had the potential to finish the game :negative:

Begath
Apr 27, 2012

Fish are stupid cause they can't climb trees.

Remora posted:

Zapdos is the Anti Jesus, Helix has punished us for associating with it. Praise Helix, Bird Jesus be thy prophet.

That was my thought when I saw the name AA-j. Anti Abba Jesus, prophet of the dome and the end times.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I hate to break it to you guys, but in order for Jesus to do his job, he needs to die.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Err, I think Twitch is messed up for me.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 23, 2014

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Squashy posted:

Surprisingly, it took 4chan 10 days to decide it wanted to troll TPP.

http://boards.4chan.org/b/res/534070460

Edit: The two hours they've been trying to hijack, I don't think a single pokemon has been released, haha.

who cares

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Current zapdos moveset: Thundershock (40 damage, 100% acc), Drill Peck (80 damage, 100% acc), both are STABs so they get a 25% damage boost.

He then gets Thunder at 51, which is 120 damage with 70% accuarcy, followed by Agility which raises Speed by 2 stages (more criticals) and Light Screen which raises Special every time he gets hit with a special attack. That's it.

Also should be mentioned that although his attack and speed are on par with Pidgeot's, he has a retarded amount of Special, which along with high speed, makes him a sizeable threat to everything they will encounter.

Zapdos is a loving machine.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I think we are ignoring the Anti-Jesus until we need him in the Elite Four

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Here comes the art.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

smokyprogg posted:

are you serious? this team easily had the potential to finish the game :negative:

That's the real tragedy of this stream, their inability to let Pidgeot go. He's a legend that's outlived its own usefulness. :sigh:

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Well, they could always go to Diglett Tunnel and catch a Diglett. Learns cut AND dig! :eng101:

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

Liar Lyre posted:

I think we are ignoring the Anti-Jesus until we need him in the Elite Four

he'll get fuckin wiped by lorelai, but okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wall
Jan 3, 2012
Digrat is stupid. Bird Jesus is stupid.