Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

MourningView posted:

When I went to the Insight Bowl the people working the parking lot were completely baffled that my friend and I wanted to start tailgating at noon, which we thought was getting a really late start.

Them limp-wrist Pac-12 fans don't know how to throw a proper tailgate. :911:

Detroit_Dogg posted:

America owns a whole lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I told him that I'd lived in & around Baton Rouge for most of my life and that I'd never had a problem with "them blacks". I honestly kinda' laughed at him because he was skittish as I drove him around the city; I certainly didn't see any cause for alarm. I suppose they don't have a very large population of black folks in Arizona.

Outside of California you will not see a large amount of black people in the West (usually Hispanics are the minority of choice). As an extreme example, in Idaho they represented 0.4% of the population, which at the time was roughly five thousand people. (I believe Montana is the lowest for percentage and absolute value right now with only 4,000 black people or about 0.67%).

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

They don't, only you crazy white folk love the heat that much

Africa is hot and Europe is cold :confused:

I'd suggest we trade Arizona back to Mexico, but I don't think Mexico has anything to trade for. Maybe we can trade it to Canada for Quebec or Alberta.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Bielema backpedals:

quote:

"It was brought to my attention that remarks I made yesterday evening while discussing a proposed rule change were unintentionally hurtful. I am very passionate, as we all are, about the serious nature of protecting the well-being of student-athletes, and earlier today I was interviewed by SI.com writer Andy Staples to explain my stance on the proposed rule. In my press conference last night, I referenced information about the tragic loss of a life of a student-athlete. My comments were intended to bring awareness to player safety and instead they have caused unintended hurt. As a head coach who works with young individuals every day, the passing of Ted Agu is a reminder to us all how short and precious life is. I would like to extend my deepest condolences and sympathy to the Agu family, Coach Sonny Dykes and to the University of California family."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'd respect him a lot more if he just said "I'm a whiny goober dumbass don't pay attention to what I say."

warheadr
Jul 6, 2005
Guys if this bowl doesn't scream "SEC team" I don't know what will

McMurphyESPN posted:

Duck Commander Independence Bowl new name for Shreveport, La., bowl, sources told @espn

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News:

quote:

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN · 7m
Duck Commander Independence Bowl new name for Shreveport, La., bowl, sources told @ESPN

Views: Really?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Duck Dynasty Bowl in Shreveport? Yeah, that seems about right.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

That instantly becomes a top tier wacky bowl name for sure

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Nothing says sincere apology like starting out with "Someone had to tell me that I said something stupid."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PostNouveau posted:

Duck Dynasty Bowl in Shreveport? Yeah, that seems about right.

Is that a thing in duck dynasty?

Or is there other duck brands?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Is that a thing in duck dynasty?

Or is there other duck brands?

Apparently "Duck Commander" is the holding company for Duck Dynasty. This is certainly a positive step forward for college athletics.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Deteriorata posted:

Apparently "Duck Commander" is the holding company for Duck Dynasty. This is certainly a positive step forward for college athletics.

"Duck Commander" is the name of the company that actually makes duck calls and whatnot, and is owned and operated by the family. "Duck Dynasty" is the name of the TV show and its associated merchandising empire, owned and operated by A&E.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Gonna laugh my rear end of when Missouri plays in that bowl game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't get it, we love to duck hunting too.

e: That wasn't intentional but it fits, sort of.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 24, 2014

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
College football is the best. Never die, wacky bowl games.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
The Beef O' Brady's Bowl is dead, long live the Duck Commander Bowl.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Instead of having Duck Commander Bowl MVP they should just have a Duck Lord

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
what has to happen to get Oregon to the Duck Commander bowl

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Raku posted:

Have you ever seen the Tinkerbell resurrection scene in Peter Pan? Something like that.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I think the big question now is how do we get Bob Jones University and Liberty University to play in that bowl.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I still prefer the Giant Potato

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

an adult beverage posted:

Them limp-wrist Pac-12 fans don't know how to throw a proper tailgate. :911:

Wazzu tailgates are pretty loving good and the Apple Cup is always a blast, but I can't really speak for other schools

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I melted more than one pair of shoes walking across that parking lot at ASU, so if it's early in the season I can see people thinking you're crazy for noon tailgating. The activity is still there, it just doesn't take place outside.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Raku posted:

No, we must focus on Oregon State and South Carolina playing each other first. It must happen in Spurrier's lifetime.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Maxwells Demon posted:

No, we must focus on Oregon State and South Carolina playing each other first. It must happen in Spurrier's lifetime.

7th grade me, who owned a COCKS cap and a BEAVERS visor (that's right visor, and you had best believe I wore it backwards and upside down, because that's how people rolled in 1999) has been dreaming of this for so long.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

warheadr posted:

Guys if this bowl doesn't scream "SEC team" I don't know what will

Amazing, I called this poo poo like last week.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 24, 2014

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

MourningView posted:

7th grade me, who owned a COCKS cap and a BEAVERS visor (that's right visor, and you had best believe I wore it backwards and upside down, because that's how people rolled in 1999) has been dreaming of this for so long.

I've always wanted to ask somebody who did that, what the hell was the point of wearing the visor backwards and upside down?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I've always wanted to ask somebody who did that, what the hell was the point of wearing the visor backwards and upside down?

You just don't get 90s fashion maaaannnnn

EDIT: and besides, you could do the whole drat outfit backwards

nvr4gt :911:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Jadeveon Clowney just ran a 4.47 at the combine at 270lbs.

Faster than DAT :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

E: Whoops

quote:

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — The University of Mississippi's stadium plans could soon get a little more concrete.

The College Board approved plans Thursday for Ole Miss to pay AECOM Technology Corp. $2.4 million to design the Vaught-Hemingway Stadium expansion.

The project calls for enclosing the north end zone and adding suites and skyboxes on the south and west sides.

The design work will be paid for through donations to Ole Miss' Forward Together athletics fundraising campaign. The university is also building a new basketball arena and plans to pay for the stadium expansion from the same campaign.

The university is borrowing $80 million to build the basketball arena and parking garage, which could cost up to $100 million. Campbell said construction could be happening on the arena and stadium at the same time, Assistant Athletic Director Kyle Campbell said.

Ole Miss has set a goal of raising $35 million for the Vaught-Hemingway expansion, and the Forward Together website says donors have given $13.5 million so far. The overall campaign has a goal of $150 million and has raised $105 million. The university plans to pay for the expansion solely through donated money and by selling priority seat rights through capital gift agreements, not through borrowing, Campbell said.

Campbell said the university has already sold 30 new suites, and might build even more. He said the school doesn't know how many seats it will add to the stadium or how much the project will cost.

As part of the stadium renovation, the university also plans to renovate the FedEx Academic Support Center, Starnes Athletic Training Center and Gillom Sports Center. The athletic ticket office, Ole Miss Athletics Foundation and team store would move into Starnes.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 24, 2014

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Everyone else was doing it, I dunno.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

DJExile posted:

Rich Rodriguez @CoachRodAZ

Enjoying the great tucson weather and playing golf with my son. Play is a little slow though #isItAPlayerSafetyIssue?
6:57 PM - 23 Feb 2014

holy poo poo hahahahaha

Saban is gonna backpedal off this as soon as he can.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

Rich Rodriguez @CoachRodAZ

Enjoying the great tucson weather and playing golf with my son. Play is a little slow though #isItAPlayerSafetyIssue?
6:57 PM - 23 Feb 2014

holy poo poo hahahahaha

Haha, I love Rich Rod.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

Everyone else was doing it, I dunno.

I can't think of anyone who did that besides LFO and Marky Mark

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Declan MacManus posted:

Lofty company for a Midwestern white kid.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

It was a thing. No one is proud now.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

MourningView posted:

It was a thing. No one is proud now.

The fashions we wore as teens inevitably haunt us the rest of our lives.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Deteriorata posted:

The fashions we wore as teens inevitably haunt us the rest of our lives.

I think you need to have some distance from it since I am not yet embarrassed by the clothing I wore as a teenager aside from a regrettable FUBU jacket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Declan MacManus posted:

I think you need to have some distance from it since I am not yet embarrassed by the clothing I wore as a teenager aside from a regrettable FUBU jacket

Oversized American Eagle cargo pants and unbuttoned short-sleeve plaid shirts in high school.

Not entirely abhorrent, but bad enough to make me cringe. Especially in conjunction with the omnipresence of Eve 6 and Lit on the radio.

• Locked thread