Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Hammerite posted:

People in the stream pissed off at Drowzee being in the PC. I reckon they need to let it go. The party is pretty decent as it stands. They can get through the E4 with this lot (eventually, with a whole lot of failed attempts first)

Yeah, I basically see no need to watch this until the Elite Four at this point. Pokemon Mansion and Victory Road and A Good Day to Ledge Hard will just be more of the same thing I've been seeing for the last 12 days or however long it's been. They'll fall off stuff for a few hours but eventually figure things out.

I have to be there for the Elite Four though. As ridiculous as it might sound to say, Twitch Plays Pokemon taking down the Elite Four is going to be literally loving historical.

The Monkey Man posted:

I'll never understand why Moltres is in Victory Road instead of the mansion.

They moved it to a volcano in the remakes, and he hangs out in Mt. Silver in Heart Gold & Soul Silver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

loquacius posted:

Hold on, wait, they evolved that Nidorino? While it still knows Focus Energy and Tackle? Why on Earth did they do that? :psyduck:

They can give it Surf and Strength, one of which will hopefully overwrite Focus Energy.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
This Twitch channel is what the aliens will look at and pass us by as being too deevolved for them to make contact with

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Man i hope they wipe. I don't think they healed at the pokemon center.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The cursor is drawn to Pidgeot like a loving magnet every time they switch pokemon, god forbid anything else get exp.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Monkey Man posted:

I'll never understand why Moltres is in Victory Road instead of the mansion.
While I agree it would make FAR more sense there location wise, I assume they did it like that because putting a Lv 50 "one chance and it's gone" Legend in your way in an area you need to pass through to progress the game, an area that is wild Level capped at Lv 30-33, isn't the best idea.

The other two birds may be just as available right now, but one is at the bottom of a pain in the arse dungeon, and the other is in a building dungeon in a place you could not access when you originally passed through, and may of already forgot about.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Haha, they nearly killed that Koffing and then ran away at the last attack.

InflateableFerret
Dec 1, 2005

I pooped my pants

Popy posted:

They healed.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Popy posted:

Nah, they did.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Aw man. I remember hating this mansion, but its been so long I don't remember why.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
How on earth did they manage to evolve Nidorino? :psyduck:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Strange Matter posted:

Somewhere in the thousands of commands coming in was a block that looked something like "B Start Down Down A Down Down Down Down A A Down A" Nidorino is evolving!

edit - also, Moonstones and moonstones I think

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Strange Matter posted:

Moonstones and nuggets, I believe.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Strange Matter posted:

Moon stones and nuggets I think heh heh am I right guys?? Heh.

There was a hidden moonstone in Mt. Moon.

Wolverine Tamer
Jul 29, 2013

Strange Matter posted:

Moonstones and nuggets, I think?

Serious answer: they found a hidden moonstone in mount Moon and somehow lucked into using it.
e;fb

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
DIGRAT SENT A GIFT

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light
Even if they manage to finish with their new team they'll still be days behind the folks that beat Pokemon Blue on Twitch a few days ago. I hope the FireRed guys manage to pass them too just for shits and giggles.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

loquacius posted:

Hold on, wait, they evolved that Nidorino? While it still knows Focus Energy and Tackle? Why on Earth did they do that? :psyduck:

Nidorino's natural movepool sucks. Its real strength comes from Nidoking's amazing TM compatibility.

If you know, they didn't teach Thunderbolt to Digrat and tossed the Earthquake TM. I think you can pick up Blizzard in the Cinnabar Mansion and Blaine gives out Fire Blast.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Roflfox posted:

Even if they manage to finish with their new team they'll still be days behind the folks that beat Pokemon Blue on Twitch a few days ago.

Yes, the guys that banned anyone who sent 'dissenting' commands and who in any given screenshot is clearly a whole four or five people controlling the stream together the whole time to run it most optimally.

Truly they have won this contest (???????????????)

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Roflfox posted:

Even if they manage to finish with their new team they'll still be days behind the folks that beat Pokemon Blue on Twitch a few days ago.

That's nothing. I beat the game years ago :smuggo:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Roflfox posted:

Even if they manage to finish with their new team they'll still be days behind the folks that beat Pokemon Blue on Twitch a few days ago. I hope the FireRed guys manage to pass them too just for shits and giggles.

I have a feeling you're just not into this for the spirit of things.

Or you think it is actually about beating the game.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Crawfish posted:

While I agree it would make FAR more sense there location wise, I assume they did it like that because putting a Lv 50 "one chance and it's gone" Legend in your way in an area you need to pass through to progress the game, an area that is wild Level capped at Lv 30-33, isn't the best idea.

The other two birds may be just as available right now, but one is at the bottom of a pain in the arse dungeon, and the other is in a building dungeon in a place you could not access when you originally passed through, and may of already forgot about.

I don't think most people trek through Mt. Moon backwards on their path to Cinnabar, so for most players Seafoam Islands isn't any less on the standard badge trek than Cinnabar Mansion. If anything, they probably put Moltres in Victory Road just so that the legendaries would be spread out geographically.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
My brothers and I used to share one GBC with Pokemon Blue and we would sit around telling each other how to play, what to catch, fighting over who gets to do the Gym battles, etc.

I guess you could say I've been preparing for TPP my whole life

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yes, the guys that banned anyone who sent 'dissenting' commands and who in any given screenshot is clearly a whole four or five people controlling the stream together the whole time to run it most optimally.

Umm, I think you'll find that by copying the idea and then ruthlessly stripping out the key feature that made it novel, they have won at the Pokemon Streaming Game and should get the internet love because they were cool.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If you didn't have a brotherly quarrel that ended with one of you smashing a video game controller over the other one's head, you had no childhood and should be put down immediately

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I am so insanely impressed that twitch managed to get Zapdos, How was that done? With a masterball?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

FiftySeven posted:

I am so insanely impressed that twitch managed to get Zapdos, How was that done? With a masterball?

With a 12 hour long blood sacrifice to the PC gods.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Kelp Plankton posted:

This is just proof that an oligarchical police state is the best form of government.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Grinning Goblin posted:

This is just proof that an oligarchical police state is the best form of government.

Pokemon Red is the perfect occasion for the Juche Idea to shine.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Grinning Goblin posted:

Pretty sure one person playing pokemon is still way better. Monarchy wins again scrublords.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I swear, our naming of Lapras is the best.

"No SURFing on AAAAAIIIIIRRR here!"

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Elman posted:

That's nothing. I beat the game years ago :smuggo:

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Praise Elman ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Elman posted:

With a 12 hour long blood sacrifice to the PC gods.

So has anybody yet drawn fan art depicting the true root of evil in the Twitch universe (the PC) in it's latest slaughter?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

When I went to bed they were still trying (and failing) to use surf. How'd they get to Cinnabar?

Buh
May 17, 2008

DoctorStrangelove posted:

When I went to bed they were still trying (and failing) to use surf. How'd they get to Cinnabar?

The actual route is 90% just straight down, if you've made it more than a couple paces from the shore you've done the hard part.

Buh
May 17, 2008
We were very lucky that the PC bloodbath happened when it did. We lost every single Pokemon that could possibly learn cut, right after the last time we'd need it.

We have something much more resembling an actual usable team now. Half of the are horribly underlevelled, but at least they have attacks of any kind.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I don't think most people trek through Mt. Moon backwards on their path to Cinnabar, so for most players Seafoam Islands isn't any less on the standard badge trek than Cinnabar Mansion. If anything, they probably put Moltres in Victory Road just so that the legendaries would be spread out geographically.
No, they'd just fly back to Pallet after getting six badges, since Pallet -> Cinnabar is a whole lot less effort and distance then Fuchsia -> Cinnabar.

I don't know anyone personally who played these games since release that bothered with Seafoam at all outside of specifically going for the Articuno, but if you do, more power to you I guess.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

So is there any reason why we ditched our Psychic type for a water type that's already weaker than Lapras?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So is there any reason why we ditched our Psychic type for a water type that's already weaker than Lapras?

Because memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Whoa, when did Twitch resurrect Omanyte? What page in the thread?

• Locked thread