Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

RareAcumen posted:

I'm also referring to Stetmann in the video. :ssh:

All I hear is Kevin French when science-boy talks in this game, seems more fitting that he is just a giant Goon.

I say Combat Shields, any research and Outbreak because I find it the only mission the Hellion is good in :flame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Combat Shields and Outbreak, since I've never actually seen it played using hellions before.

Also Shrike Turrets, also since I've never picked them before.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Combat Shields for tougher marines.
Fortified Bunkers from research and do Devil's Playground.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Voting for Combat Shields, Shrike Turrets, and The Devil's Playground, brudda.

I like Stetmann (as he's a giant Ghostbusters shoutout), but more importantly, I like the Laboratory addition. It give you the opportunity to build your forces according to your tastes in a different way than the usual upgrades. And then Heart of the Swarm went a step further with the Zerg version of the Laboratory by allowing you to demo the research upgrades in little sub-missions. I honestly have no idea how Legacy of the Void can build upon it, because the inclusion of upgrade demos was basically the one thing the Terran version lacked.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Concussive Shells
Outbreak

Outbreak is one of my favourite missions.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

SirSamVimes posted:

Concussive Shells
Outbreak

Outbreak is one of my favourite missions.

It was good enough for blizzard to make an enhanced 2p version and put it up in multiplayer.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Combat Shields, save rest
Fortified Bunker

Devils playground

Raldan
Oct 21, 2010

HH Challenge Caster
(Pls no bm)
Voting Closed!

Results:

Upgrade
Combat Shields: 16
Concussive Shells: 11

Research
Shrike Turret: 17
Fortified Bunker: 7

Mission
The Devil's Playground: 20
Outbreak: 7

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Ahahahaahahahaaha why is Robin a scientist?

He trained under Batman, why shouldn't he do some science?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

TwoPair posted:

Training under batman is no indicator of an aptitude for science.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
You know, I hope the Legacy of the Voice collector's edition bonus skin is the protoss statue for the colossus.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

:stonk: We're doomed!

And ew.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

Synastren posted:

My mistake about pricing.

Honestly, it was a surprise when they went on sale last time. You might need to wait until the winter holidays to see if they go on sale again, but I wouldn't anticipate them going on sale before then. They might go on sale during the summer, but I doubt it.

You can sometimes find boxed copies at a discount price, and that'll let you download the game clients too. (Hell, for HotS, it even required you to. The install disc was just the Blizzard downloader, which is a great discovery if you buy boxed copies because you've got slow internet and downloading would take ages.)

ktimekiller
Jan 9, 2012
Just so people are aware, you can do essentially everything with a starter edition, minus campaign and 1v1 ladder.

If you are partied with a realid(?) friend that has HOTS, you can ladder teamgames with that person at the same expansion level.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

ktimekiller posted:

Just so people are aware, you can do essentially everything with a starter edition, minus campaign and 1v1 ladder.

If you are partied with a realid(?) friend that has HOTS, you can ladder teamgames with that person at the same expansion level.

It doesn't have to be a realid friend afaik, at least I've been boosted to hots from wol by grouping up with random people in the arcade.

Raldan
Oct 21, 2010

HH Challenge Caster
(Pls no bm)
:siren:Update:siren:

Voting:

Upgrade
150,000 Credits available

I'm removing the firebat upgrades, as they don't seem to be popular. I'll do this throughout so the upgrade list doesn't get too unwieldy. If you still want to vote for an upgrade that I've removed feel free.

Advanced Medic Facilities
- Medics no longer require the Tech Lab add-on.
60,000 Credits

Concussive Shells
- Marauder shells slow all units in target area.
70,000 Credits

Kinetic Foam
- Marauders gain +25 life.
90,000 Credits

U-238 Rounds
- Reapers gain +1 range.
- Reapers do an additional +3 damage to light armor.
60,000 Credits

G-4 Clusterbomb
- Anti-personnel charge with a large blast radius.
- Ejects smaller payloads in a radius for increased damage.
75,000 Credits

Mission

Outbreak
110,000 Credits
2 Zerg Research
New unit: Hellion

The Great Train Robbery
110,000 Credits
3 Zerg Research
New unit: Diamondback

Welcome To The Jungle
120,000 Credits
3 Protoss Research
New unit: Goliath

Voting will end Saturday March 1st at 1:00 pm EST

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Let's save those colonists in Outbreak and for that we'll need plenty of Marauders with Kinetic Foam and Reapers with Uranium 238 Rounds

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm sticking to my guns with Advanced Medic Facilities. And also U-238 Rounds and Welcome To The Jungle because Goliaths look like they can hit air enemies too.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Outbreak, Advanced Medic Facilities, and U-238 Rounds.

GKirby
Jun 19, 2008

I DID IT ALL FOR THE GAMBIT
Lets make sure our Reapers are in tip-top shape by equipping them with U-238 Rounds AND G-4 Clusterbomb enhancements.

And let's head to Tarsonis for The Great Train Robbery because Diamondbacks are awesome.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Voting for U-238 Rounds and Concussive Shells as both of those upgrades are pretty essential to bringing the Reaper and Marauder up to par. As for the mission, I think Outbreak should be next, as it is a pretty unique mission and also one in which the Reaper really excels in as well.

Hermetian
Dec 9, 2007
Concussive Shells, since even though it doesn't sound like much it's really, really good. Where better to use it but The Great Train Robbery.

Save your money on the reapers, since while they look awesome in this mission they're a pretty meh unit overall.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Outbreak, G-4 Clusterbomb, Concussive Shells.

Autsj
Nov 9, 2011
I seem to recall something about _not_ abusing marine/medic to steamroll everything, why are people voting for medic upgrades :argh:.

Concussive Shells because they're the big Marauder's utility ability which is awesome, I'd like to see Clusterbombs too since I never managed to use them really. Let's use those to do a great train robbery.

StarFyter
Oct 10, 2012

UED Special Ops posted:

Voting for U-238 Rounds and Concussive Shells as both of those upgrades are pretty essential to bringing the Reaper and Marauder up to par. As for the mission, I think Outbreak should be next, as it is a pretty unique mission and also one in which the Reaper really excels in as well.

I second this, want to see more of reapers and marauders, and I think the colonists on outbreak have waited for long enough.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Let's drop in on Outbreak with our cool new jetpacks and rocketeers.

U-238 Rounds & Concussive Shells of course!

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Concussive Shells, U-238 Rounds and Welcome To The Jungle

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
U-238 Rounds and Concussive Shells.

That G-4 thing sounds like a micromanagement overload, honestly.

edit: Oh, right, mission. Outbreak.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

u-238 and concussive shells.
Outbreak

Because robbing trains will be more fun once we dig up some new tech.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

U-238 Rounds & Concussive Shells

Train Robbery.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Outbreak (at least use the Hellions a little bit in that mission, please) and Concussive Shells

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 28, 2014

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
U-238 rounds, concussive shells, Welcome to the Jungle.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Incinerator Gauntlets, because I like firebats. Outbreak.

I'm not really a fan of reapers, they're expensive and slow to build on top of being fragile and fast enough to always get in front whenever I move my big blob of infantry around.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'd also like to mention that Devil's Playground has a feat of strength attached to it if you destroy all of the zerg buildings.

I'm also abstaining from voting because I know this campaign inside and out.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
The thing about Reapers is that you sort of don't use them directly with another force, you blob them up and blow up the enemy's base while other forces tie up things like air units. Reapers are just incredible at killing buildings, and they're even better at clearing defensive emplacements with their upgrades. Personally I get both Reaper upgrades when I run the campaign but then again I do weird orders so I can rush units to use silly tactics.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Welp, this thread made me redownload SC2. I'd prefer welcome to the jungle, to get the awesome protoss research coming up, but since no one seems to want it yet, so let's go Outbreak

As far as upgrades my vote is for kinetic foam and to pocket the rest

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 28, 2014

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Feinne posted:

The thing about Reapers is that you sort of don't use them directly with another force, you blob them up and blow up the enemy's base while other forces tie up things like air units. Reapers are just incredible at killing buildings, and they're even better at clearing defensive emplacements with their upgrades. Personally I get both Reaper upgrades when I run the campaign but then again I do weird orders so I can rush units to use silly tactics.
Yeah they're not bad if they're used like that, i.e. properly. Most maps just don't favor them in any way and harassing workers is pretty much utterly useless and futile. Based on my experience of course.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I think we need to undergo an Outbreak of Concussive Shells

Outbreak may be the most fun mission in the early campaign, especially in the progressive-defense aspect, though it can end in a bit of a slog by the end.
Concussive shells open up a lot of strategic options against short-ranged or melee enemies, even more so with height advantage.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

UED Special Ops posted:

Second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zomborgon posted:

Outbreak may be the most fun mission in the early campaign, especially in the progressive-defense aspect, though it can end in a bit of a slog by the end.
Concussive shells open up a lot of strategic options against short-ranged or melee enemies, even more so with height advantage.

Outbreak and Welcome to the Jungle are both good missions. Outbreak is a lot of fun, but hellions aren't particularly useful afterwards, especially as the thread seems to want U-239 rounds for reapers. Welcome to the Jungle is also a fun little mission, will award a protoss research upgrade, and goliaths are pretty good units.

The Great Train Robbery... I can take it or leave it, but it does lead to two of the most entertaining missions in the game.

• Locked thread