Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

nielsm posted:

Yeah assassins sound dangerous.
So let's lean how to sense magic and improve our reflexes.

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Assassins
Sense Magic x2

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Lareine posted:

Assassins
Sense Magic x2

Yes this.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Noble Plots are the biggest danger, and wield magic and sense magic are the best way to stay alive!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Let's figure out who the best assassins in our kingdom are. Then retain their services for our own purposes.

Wield and Sense Magic.

Aethersphere
Mar 21, 2009

you see me rollin up pops you step aside
Noble plots, boo hiss.

Wield the magic. Sense the magic.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Nobles' whims seem to be the nearest worry short-term.

And requesting Double Swords Sessions if the Mood Bonus is still there.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Nobles, Sense, and Swords.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Proles, Polearms, and Running.

Can't get much more dead than dead last, without necromancy.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

MegaZeroX posted:

As an aside, I'm going to show the flattery option at the end of the LP if we don't ever see it.

Just link to the video where Psychedelic Eyeball does it. Their reaction is the best possible one.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Frocobo posted:

Just link to the video where Psychedelic Eyeball does it. Their reaction is the best possible one.

I may link to it as a supplement. I'm also going to show Elodie passing the skill check, which is also great.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Noble Plots I know they're up to something.

And voice and Instrument

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
SUCCESS!

If there's one thing I've learned from Game of Thrones, it's that plotting nobles are always the biggest threat.

Oh, and lets continue maxing out our Lumen stats.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I only know how to vote against nobles.

Is it bad if so far I'm liking our king dad so far? At first I thought he was going to be all anime, and not give a poo poo about us, but he seems to be protective (by keeping us away from magic poo poo that he doesn't really know about, but which presumably killed his wife) a little grieving (because of the former), while trying to get us ready to rise up to royalty.

An understated character, but I like it. :v: Please don't turn out evil or something. I really don't know at this point who's trying to kill us.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Forbidden: Assassins.
Recommended: Sense (magic).

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
Assassins will likely be the downfall of us, so let's look for them.

Also, we need to learn to Resist Magic so we can break stat caps and become a true magical princess.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Assassins are a symptom, Nobles are the cause. Chop off the scheming heads and the dagger-clutching hands will be irrelevant.

Resist Magic x2

EagerSleeper posted:

I really don't know at this point who's trying to kill us.

Much like Alpha Protocol, this game pretty much requires multiple playthroughs to assemble the full picture of who is trying to kill you and why.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 24, 2014

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Foreign threats, because I'm sure our actions towards diplomats in the middle of negotiations will have no consequences whatsoever. As for classes, Swords x 2! Elodie will become skilled in the ways of dealing death! Also, this is clearly the best way to deal with assassins.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

C... posted:

Nobles, Sense, and Swords.

Exactly this.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009

Happy Blue posted:

Foreign threats, because I'm sure our actions towards diplomats in the middle of negotiations will have no consequences whatsoever. As for classes, Swords x 2! Elodie will become skilled in the ways of dealing death! Also, this is clearly the best way to deal with assassins.

I disagree. I think the best way to deal with assassins is to immolate them.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Not while they're standing near our furniture, tapestries, etc. Cleaning blood off our possessions will be much simpler. Setting people on fire should be reserved for locations where the resulting collateral damage will be someone else's problem, preferably that of the person who sent the assassin in the first place.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
There are few things that I fear
Like facing assassins this year
I am afraid of their swords
May I have a horse?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Elodie's biggest fears

Noble Plots: 13

Assassins: 13

Foreign Threats: 4

Commoner Uprisings: 1

A tie! In a case of a tie, I'm going to use RNG, as I said before.

Classes

Sense Magic: 14

Swords: 10

Resist Magic: 9

Wield Magic: 9

Lumen: 4

Reflexes: 3

Internal Affairs: 2

Polearms: 1

Running: 1

Voice: 1

Instrument: 1

Horse: 1

I'm going to calculate the points offscreen from now on and put the winners at the bottom of the post. In this case:

Winners

Assassins

Sense Magic

Wield Magic

If you are confused about why swords didn't win despite having the second most votes, see here. The tl;dr version of it is: because magic as a whole got so many votes, it boosted wield magic and resist magic beyond what swords got. If you feel this system should be changed, please, let me know!

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 24, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

You are your own best defense against assassins. Increasing your skills will help to protect you. Beyond that, you can train more soldiers into personal bodyguards to watch over you. Or you can institute harsh penalties for treason and make people too frightened to cross you.

I think this is the shortest update yet! The class votes will be used tomorrow.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 24, 2014

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
If the penalty for treason isn't already as harsh as it could be, that clearly needs to be remedied.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

More guards, surround yourself with a wall of meat.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
More Training All the guards in the world don't matter if they can protect dick.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Let's use the buddy system. (more guards)

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
As skilled as we might become, we're still only one princess, and rather prone to failing our skill checks. More guards will help us have a bit more leeway if we encounter something we can't handle.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Eh more guards, why not.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
If video games have taught me anything, it's that guards are hilariously inept and will happily let a malcontent pull a knife and slash a person's throat in front of their future queen without repercussions. We have to rely on our own training to protect us.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
More Guards

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
More training.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Huh, a dialogue tree I'm not familiar with.

More guards

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
More training sounds like the best idea. Harsher punishments will just upset the people, inspiring more assassins, and getting more guards would mean less soldiers if we needed them.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Everyone is out to get us, we can't trust noone. :tinfoil: More training.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

More punishment. Potential traitors need to know it's not just them it's their families, their friends, their friend's families and their friend's families' pets.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Quality of Protection over Quantity: More Training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Aw, was hoping it'd be nobles.

Lets train her by having her chuck swords at a wall.

• Locked thread