Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Chick3n posted:

Any ideas what that means? I'm guessing that means click on a broadcasts name and join their team?
The original source mentions joining in games with broadcasters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

For anybody interested in the Xbox One with Titanfall after the recently announced price drop, you might be pleased to know that there's now been another price drop on the console. GameStop UK has the Xbox One Titanfall bundle available at a further discounted price of £369. I imagine there will still be further price drops on the console throughout the year and at E3, but for now this seems to be the cheapest option for anybody who wants to take a chance on the hardware.

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013
That puts it cheaper than the equivalent (+Infamous) PS4 bundle. I wonder if just being cheaper is enough of a tipping point for them, considering you get more "hardware" for that price.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Organs posted:

For anybody interested in the Xbox One with Titanfall after the recently announced price drop, you might be pleased to know that there's now been another price drop on the console. GameStop UK has the Xbox One Titanfall bundle available at a further discounted price of £369. I imagine there will still be further price drops on the console throughout the year and at E3, but for now this seems to be the cheapest option for anybody who wants to take a chance on the hardware.

Gotta admit, that's a sweet price for what you get. If I wasn't already (happily) locked into Sony's ecosystem and I was the type to buy non-slim consoles, I would pick that up pretty quick.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
I'll give Microsoft credit: for the first time since launch an Xbone variant is outselling the PS4 on Amazon UK. The big question is how long that can last.

RE: GameStop UK's deal: they're always been undercutting the RRP (by virtue of actually being GameStop Ireland and having to pay less tax compared to a mainland site), and had been selling the Xbone in the region of £400 before the price cut (they're currently taking pre-orders for the PS4 at £330, a twenty pound discount off RRP). It's kinda telling that they too cut the price instead of padding out their margins.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
In the polygon article the mockup chat is brilliant, "this game is really awesome when you dance while playing" should be on the cover of all Forza 5 games.

Updates are always a welcome sight and it's good timing to get twitch going for the release of Titanfall. I sincerely hope that awkward drunk couples fondling each other isn't a PS4 exclusive.

PvZ sitting at 79 on metacritic, not bad at all!

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Crafty posted:

In the polygon article the mockup chat is brilliant, "this game is really awesome when you dance while playing" should be on the cover of all Forza 5 games.

Updates are always a welcome sight and it's good timing to get twitch going for the release of Titanfall. I sincerely hope that awkward drunk couples fondling each other isn't a PS4 exclusive.

PvZ does sound pretty fun to me. I am playing Rayman right now, but when I trade it in I might pick up PvZ. 40 bucks doesnt seem too bad, but I wish there were more maps.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.
Twitch Xbox broadcast overview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMq_ajNBTy8

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So can these twitch streams be viewed by someone on PC? The archiving seems to imply at minimum it'll show up in your account at a later date to be accessed but I'm curious.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

So can these twitch streams be viewed by someone on PC? The archiving seems to imply at minimum it'll show up in your account at a later date to be accessed but I'm curious.

I would assume so.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

What's the current situation regarding custom soundtracks on the Xbox One? It was one of my favorite features on the Xbox 360 and apparently it's not available on Xbox One? I enjoy listening to my own music when playing games (particularly racing games and multiplayer shooters) and I was wondering if anybody knows if/when it will be made available for Xbox One. It would be nice to be able to just copy over mp3s from a USB stick.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.
March Update video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj621sMOuKA

Ronald Duck fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 25, 2014

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Crafty posted:

Gaming reviews use a system closer to the grading system in schools in America, so 79 is a C+. Not that great.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

big mean giraffe posted:

Gaming reviews use a system closer to the grading system in schools in America, so 79 is a C+. Not that great.

Or you could ignore the stupid number altogether and just read/watch a review or two from people you trust or have typically agreed with. For me, Arthur Gies' video review at Polygon assured me that this is something I will be interested in.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

big mean giraffe posted:

This. It's where games like Divinity II hover. "Good, but flawed / lacking board appeal." Scores vary anyways, and often start high and drop if there's a wave of purchased reviews, so... that could drop by quite a bit.

I'm still interested in it, but everything about it screams "great candidate for first Games With Live freebie" to me. So I'm holding off.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shalinor posted:

I'm still interested in it, but everything about it screams "great candidate for first Games With Live freebie" to me. So I'm holding off.

Crimson Dragon continues to exist, my friend.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you think it won't be Lococycle you're delusional.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

big mean giraffe posted:

We never should have moved past Gamepro's cartoon smiley face system.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Almost Smart posted:

We never should have moved past Gamepro's cartoon smiley face system.

Axemaniac's Steam Shots has the best system ever.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

If you think it won't be Lococycle you're delusional.

Does Lococycle have IAPs? Thats the only reason I'd give CD the nudge.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Party chat is auto-enabled

You can invite friends to: Party & game, party, game

Parties can have people playing different games (no idea if you can have multiple games)

Clicking on your profile goes straight to your friends list with favourites at the top

New menu button options when clicking on a friend

Looks like a good update :).

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I didn't own a PS3, and I'm getting a PS4 to go with my XB1. Mostly because the NHL thread is mostly leaning PS4 right now and I'd rather play with them than pubbies in that terrible game.

Then I saw they announced Persona 5 was coming out in 2015, and was like "oh cool, my girlfriend can play that on the PS4 so it won't be a total waste"

And Persona 5 is only on PS3...what the gently caress?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
^^^ Yeah, Persona 4 released only on the PS2 in December of 2008 in NA.^^^^

So, wait. Polygon says you can upload game clips to Twitch, but will Twitch actually archive your past broadcasts? They don't on the PS4, which I think is super lame.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 25, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

So, wait. Polygon says you can upload game clips to Twitch, but will Twitch actually archive your past broadcasts? They don't on the PS4, which I think is super lame.

Microsoft brought a dumptruck for this one, archiving is supposed to be included.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Everything I've read says they will archive them on the Bone. I'm sure it'll come to the PS4 shortly.

sba posted:

Small, niche game in niche genre gets released on the console with 90 million units and actual install base in the target region of the game instead of the one with 6 million units and only 300k (at the moment, obviously) in the target region.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

sba posted:

I didn't own a PS3, and I'm getting a PS4 to go with my XB1. Mostly because the NHL thread is mostly leaning PS4 right now and I'd rather play with them than pubbies in that terrible game.

Then I saw they announced Persona 5 was coming out in 2015, and was like "oh cool, my girlfriend can play that on the PS4 so it won't be a total waste"

Remind me what system Persona 4 was originally released for?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Good news about the archiving then. That's one reason I haven't done a lot of streaming on my PS4-- if anything rad happened, I couldn't go back and watch it again.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

sba posted:

I'm sure it will also be available on Playstation Now. Any streaming lag would be a non issue for a turn based RPG.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Beelzebozo posted:

For me, Arthur Gies' video review at Polygon assured me that this is something I will be interested in.

It made me optimistic, but I'm still not convinced until the in-app-purchase situation gets clarified.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Wheany posted:

It made me optimistic, but I'm still not convinced until the in-app-purchase situation gets clarified.

You mean microtransactions? I dont think there are any right now.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Yeah there's meant to be none at launch, a large chunk of EA's revenue is IAP though. There's issues with always online for the 360 version:

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Video Reveals Always Online Experience posted:

Despite the backlash that EA faced with games like SimCity, it seems that it hasn’t quite learned its lesson. PopCap Interactive’s Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare seemingly doesn’t allow you to play offline, according to a new video for the Xbox 360 version which reveals you must be connected to Xbox Live to play its game modes.

How bad is it? You can’t even go into the Options without connecting online. The offline split-screen mode is limited to the Xbox One, but it may not be offline as we suspected. The only explanation that’s been offered is that when micro-transactions are eventually introduced, they can be stored on the server rather than locally. Though micro-transactions haven’t been confirmed, PopCap hasn’t ruled them out.

Then again, it could just be the Xbox 360 version. We’ll find out for sure when the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions release on February 25th, so stay tuned for more information.
Press round table interview is here: Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare: Microtransactions, Xbox One Resolution, PS4 Version & More

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Yeah there's meant to be none at launch, a large chunk of EA's revenue is IAP though.

Fair enough. My plan with PvZ would most likely be "Buy it, play it a lot for a week or two, then trade it in" so if they wanna start rolling out DLC and microtransactions, I dont care much.

Also, EA is terrible at everything. Its too bad that so many perfectly good games get ruined by falling under their umbrella.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Barudak posted:

Small, niche game in niche genre gets released on the console with 90 million units and actual install base in the target region of the game instead of the one with 6 million units and only 300k (at the moment, obviously) in the target region.

I had no idea it was a niche game (I know very little about it honestly), I know that the games sell for a shitload on ebay, I was trying to find P3 for a decent price for awhile. I assumed it was pretty popular because of that.

The march update stuff looks good, cleaning up parties and streaming were two of the bigger things I was waiting for.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

sba posted:

I had no idea it was a niche game (I know very little about it honestly), I know that the games sell for a shitload on ebay, I was trying to find P3 for a decent price for awhile. I assumed it was pretty popular because of that.
Sadly, the JRPG has gotten into the state where if a game in the genre doesn't have "Final Fantasy" on the box, it's considered very niche. That said: I wouldn't be too surprised if Persona 5 gives Lightning Returns a run for its money in terms of Japanese sales.

On topic: apparently EA's planning to add in microtransactions to PvZ Garden Warfare, which is a bit of a dirty trick considering that it's currently being praised for not having any microtransactions.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Well, yeah, that was sort of my point. I'm waiting to see what kind of poo poo they are going to pull.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

MJBuddy posted:

I prefer the Ones controllers.

Why do you prefer the X1s controllers over the 360s out of curiosity. Been tempted to get rid of my 360 controller and don't know if I should just get a new one or upgrade to the PS4s/X1s.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 25, 2014

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Sedisp posted:

Why do you prefer the X1s controllers over the 360s out of curiosity.

You do realize it is, in fact, called the One, right?

Edit - welp you changed your post.

I like the xbones controllers better as well. I like the tighter, springier joysticks and the tighter triggers as well - and the Home button is in a better place. D Pad is miles better.

I dont like the points at the tips of the triggers though, it makes them easy to hit by accident. Ive gotten used to it now, but it took awhile to adjust to.

Edit2 - and the PS4 controller is so much better than the PS3 controller that its kind of crazy.

The xbones controller is better than the 360's, but its not a huge difference. If you can get a 360 controller for 20 bucks versus like 60 for the xbone, id just stick with the 360. Also, the xbones joysticks are textured so they are easier to grip.

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 25, 2014

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

Wheany posted:

Well, yeah, that was sort of my point. I'm waiting to see what kind of poo poo they are going to pull.

EA saw what Rockstar did with GTA 5's multiplayer and loved the implications. Just delay poo poo past the review window and you can get away with anything after all the fawning 9's come in. Everyone makes their MetaCritic bonuses and the background noise of the internet drowns out the geeks when you start to tighten the thumbscrews.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

You do realize it is, in fact, called the One, right?

Moved the post to the correct thread but all of my friends refer to it as an Xbox and the more bitter ones as it's Xbone monkier.

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I like the xbones controllers better as well. I like the tighter, springier joysticks and the tighter triggers as well - and the Home button is in a better place. D Pad is miles better.

I dont like the points at the tips of the triggers though, it makes them easy to hit by accident. Ive gotten used to it now, but it took awhile to adjust to.

For something like, AC4 would it be better than the 360s. The Dpad I've gotten used to or Stockholm syndrome is setting in and the triggers have me worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sedisp posted:

Why do you prefer the X1s controllers over the 360s out of curiosity. Been tempted to get rid of my 360 controller and don't know if I should just get a new one or upgrade to the PS4s/X1s.

The Bonetroller removes the lumpy battery pack in the back, moves the home button to a more sensible place, has much better thumbsticks, has rumble in the triggers (mostly a gimmick but its nice), and has changed where the shoulder buttons are located so you can press them and the trigger with a single finger together or separately if you hold you hand long ways rather then the PSgrip.

Oh and the Dpad is a godfearing good dpad and isn't some sloppy thing.

• Locked thread