Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
I'm not sure how many of my test levels were completely new or continued from editing previous ones, so it's possible / likely that every new one has indeed popped up in the list eventually. All of their timestamps are still from the original creation date though, and no changes will persist whether it's adding tiles or changing name and description details as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Gunscape looks amazing, gonna give it a whirl after work.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Random suggestion: Since you're essentially targeting nostalgia, it could make sense to add multiple selectable 'styles' of games that alter the core mechanics, kind of like groupings of mutators. Like, a Quake style would have bunny hopping and rocket jumping, a Goldeneye style would have prolonged explosions and pick-ups that could be shot to change their spawn location, etc. Of course they'd be more in-depth than that, but you get the idea. Obviously this would be a very complicated feature, but it could help the game to really evoke the olde ways without having to settle on a compromise mish-mash of mechanics.

On a related note, one of the things that I've missed for a long time, since the golden days of Goldeneye, is for a multiplayer FPS with its deliberate pacing. Particularly when you played with proximity or remote mines, people actually tried to play carefully, strategically, even though it was just arena FFA deathmatch, which I haven't seen in arena shooters or CS (most of the time, anyway) or modern military FPSes. Of course, part of Goldeneye feeling 'deliberate' is that it was difficult to aim with an N64 controller and difficult to spot mines in the super low-res splitscreens, but I think there are other ways to achieve the same effect (e.g. smash bros.-style scores where you lose a point for each death, mines that are partially cloaked).

Oh yeah, and every FPS should have Goldeneye-style post-match awards. I really don't understand why more games don't do this.

Cicero fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 25, 2014

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cicero posted:

Random suggestion: Since you're essentially targeting nostalgia, it could make sense to add multiple selectable 'styles' of games that alter the core mechanics, kind of like groupings of mutators. Like, a Quake style would have bunny hopping and rocket jumping, a Goldeneye style would have prolonged explosions and pick-ups that could be shot to change their spawn location, etc. Of course they'd be more in-depth than that, but you get the idea. Obviously this would be a very complicated feature, but it could help the game to really evoke the olde ways without having to settle on a compromise mish-mash of mechanics.

You could have Halo style variables for the game type, a huge list of booleans and metavalues and whatnot. And then for easier/faster options, have a list of templates.

So there'd be one called "Ranger" that would play like Quake (legally different or whatever) that would pre-set all of the values such that bunny hopping = 1, movespeed = whatever quake had, dual wield = 0, etc.

And then ones for goldeneye or bioshock could set other variables by default. Then you could advertise that a map you made uses a certain template "QuakeStyle-" or you could use them as jumping off points to create your own unique experience.

Halo and Timesplitters are the most 'free' of FPSes, this should do what they do x10 and it'll be the best thing ever.

Also totally backed you on KS because this project is :krad:

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Zaphod42 posted:

You could have Halo style variables for the game type, a huge list of booleans and metavalues and whatnot. And then for easier/faster options, have a list of templates.

So there'd be one called "Ranger" that would play like Quake (legally different or whatever) that would pre-set all of the values such that bunny hopping = 1, movespeed = whatever quake had, dual wield = 0, etc.

And then ones for goldeneye or bioshock could set other variables by default. Then you could advertise that a map you made uses a certain template "QuakeStyle-" or you could use them as jumping off points to create your own unique experience.

Halo and Timesplitters are the most 'free' of FPSes, this should do what they do x10 and it'll be the best thing ever.

Also totally backed you on KS because this project is :krad:

If you can't fit this feature in make it a stretch goal. :o
Playing a Bathyscape map with Tremor mechanics would rock.

Turok had some really cool mechanics too.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
Zaphod42: sweet, thanks for the support!

Cicero posted:

That was in the first design doc to some degree. The original concept for the game had more of a competitive structure of level creators vs players, and you'd be able to set flags on your level to allow/disallow mobility modifying effects from rockets etc. That was before we settled on basing our content on classic games (btw, regarding the nostalgia stuff: I hope we're doing more than just that; I think there's a dearth of a legitimately enjoyable style of game that should be addressed and I'm trying to make something that appeals to people who are excited by that, rather than the fact that we've got wall textures that look like Wolf3D or whatever).

But I think it's important to keep the core gameplay and physics consistent in a game that's going to have such a huge variety of maps (hopefully, eventually), so that you can jump into any multiplayer session and know what's going on. It's the same reason custom weapons aren't intended for the near future. It's important that the basic gameplay is really fun, or there's no point in creating levels for it, so another consideration is that if I wanted to be able to have completely different play styles applied as a universal toggle then every one that's added is essentially a new game that needs to be tested and tweaked and refined in an environment which has a huge number of modifying factors in all the different gimmicks that different theme sets bring to the table.

Instead the idea is that each theme pack will have features that promote a particular play style: the Tremor pack has boosters and jump pads that let you bounce around at high speed in open arenas with Quake-style weapons, but take those away and put players in tight corridors like those featured in the NCC-88 map and you get something slower and more tactical, with people locating players by sound, ambushing one another and setting up traps with the electric harpoons.
Reflecting different gameplay styles with each theme was a goal with the weapon selection too, so I made sure the GoldenEye-inspired set has two explosive weapons (a grenade launcher and proximity mines), which will produce those distinctive long-duration explosion fields. (It also has pathetic dual skorpions and a golden gun, and you can find throwing knives and some Perfect Dark-inspired weapons in other themes).

I don't want to disappoint anyone! But it was a deliberate choice to overload as much as possible onto the blocks, special elements and weapons rather than settings screens, because I think it's important that the game feels like a game rather than a game-making tool or engine/editor package. I should point out though that the current hosting screen is really barebones and you will be able to configure options such as a large number of game modes, item and monster spawn frequency, whether spawn overheal is applied, and probably more.

Cicero posted:

yeah, and every FPS should have Goldeneye-style post-match awards. I really don't understand why more games don't do this.
Rad idea, I agree (I put them in the multiplayer mode design for a client project a few months ago). The whole leaderboard and post-round screens are pretty scant right now and this'd be a good addition for certain game modes.

LackinPants!
Mar 25, 2007
He actually isn't
A friend and I have downloaded the demo and plan to give it a whirl later this weekend.
If it clicks we're on board for a 2-pack.

Question and a few observations. I've only futz for about five minutes with the .2.xxxx so forgive my ignorance.

I booted it up and couldn't find any servers to play on. Is that because a master list isn't live or just not many folks since it's still early on? We plan to play via a password protected game so I wasn't sure if there was a way to just directly connect to his IP or we should just hammer refresh in the US server list till it pops.

Obviously the game's still early but is there a particular feeling or way to play you're looking to evoke? Right now the weight of the player feels like an odd mix of Goldeneye/vanilla Doom with the ability to rocket jump and no strafe running/hopping. This is fine, but I was wondering if this block like weight/presence of the player (fitting) is the planned feel. Based on what I've seen in other games, good user maps tend to emerge once players fully grasp- or break- the movement physics.

Speaking of weight: I'm not sure if this is confirmation bias or what but it seemed tapping the right mouse button on the descent of a jump or bounce made the player sink faster or loose momentum. Hard to pinpoint really but the camera movement felt a bit different and faster to connect with the ground. I was playing without vsync on the highest fov/viewmodel so maybe that has something to do with it. If intended, it might be another unique twist going forward to have a kind of mid jump cancel to avoid fire or heel stop for player momentum after bouncing, but I'm probably talking out of my rear end on that point.

Looking forward to a live fire test.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

The Radix posted:

I don't want to disappoint anyone! But it was a deliberate choice to overload as much as possible onto the blocks, special elements and weapons rather than settings screens, because I think it's important that the game feels like a game rather than a game-making tool or engine/editor package. I should point out though that the current hosting screen is really barebones and you will be able to configure options such as a large number of game modes, item and monster spawn frequency, whether spawn overheal is applied, and probably more.
Yeah, that makes sense.

quote:

Rad idea, I agree (I put them in the multiplayer mode design for a client project a few months ago). The whole leaderboard and post-round screens are pretty scant right now and this'd be a good addition for certain game modes.
Word, my friends and I always really enjoyed the awards in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, and they seem like a relatively lightweight addition. Although I never did figure out what "AC -10" meant.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

LackinPants! posted:

I booted it up and couldn't find any servers to play on. Is that because a master list isn't live or just not many folks since it's still early on? We plan to play via a password protected game so I wasn't sure if there was a way to just directly connect to his IP or we should just hammer refresh in the US server list till it pops.
Yep, it's just early on, you probably have less than a 25% chance of there being any games running whenever you jump in at the moment. Luckily you have a friend to play with already (hope you guys enjoy it!). You can host your own games no problem: click the NEW GAME button on the server browser, pick a level and choose the host option. You can password protect it here too. Later on we'll be adding local servers so you can directly connect to people or play over a LAN, but for now there are public servers which will host your session when you choose the host option (and since you're not really hosting, the server is, the game will persist even when the "host" leaves the game if there are other people still playing).

Regarding the movement physics, I'm still making gradual improvements/bugfixes but I think you can expect the feel of the player to stay roughly consistent with the way it is now. I'm pretty sure the right-clicking thing was your imagination. But! With regards to manoeuvring in the air or cancelling out your momentum, try the shotgun: kinda like that TF2 one you can use it to save yourself from a pit or do a little double/triple jump by firing it downwards. I use this a lot on DM02 to grab the railgun quickly, or to cross the gap above the jump pad to reach the small health pack from the BFG platform.

diamond dog fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 26, 2014

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
I was quite startled by how slowly the player moves. That's not a fun deathmatch. The jumping is floaty, too. I'd feel ripped off if I bought the game and it controlled like that. I really hope this turns out as awesome as it has the potential to be.

Throwdini fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Feb 26, 2014

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm curious if there will be a method of allowing the monsters to attack other monsters. IE raptors vs nazis, and would they be able to respawn after a time?

My early FPS was Marathon, because it was Mac only I never got to multiplayer it. Their multiplayer maps had monsters in them. I loved to take a level editor and add more monsters, and turn on rebellion (the slave races would attack the slavers), and play multiplayer levels solo just to see how long I would last.

If my tax return wasn't already earmarked for dental work I would so pledge the whole thing to get a Marathon inspired construction set.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Considering the amount of "MINECRAFT BUT THIS TIME WITH GUUUUNS!" there seems to be on both Greenlight and in general I am surprised it took someone so long to make one based on classic FPSs.

The game seems pretty great from the little I've played with it and I've backed the Kickstarter, I just wish the Double barreled shotgun was more like DOOM 2's than the Force of Nature, even if Shotgun jumping is fun.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Backed this at the 40 AUD level. Can't wait for the alpha to roll out so I can get cracking at making some single-player/co-op maps.

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm curious if there will be a method of allowing the monsters to attack other monsters. IE raptors vs nazis, and would they be able to respawn after a time?

My early FPS was Marathon, because it was Mac only I never got to multiplayer it. Their multiplayer maps had monsters in them. I loved to take a level editor and add more monsters, and turn on rebellion (the slave races would attack the slavers), and play multiplayer levels solo just to see how long I would last.

If my tax return wasn't already earmarked for dental work I would so pledge the whole thing to get a Marathon inspired construction set.
I'd love in-fighting especially if it included rules for enemy factions and discipline and stuff (for example, two t-rexes might start fighting if they get goaded into it, and an enemy t-rex will always attack a robot, but two robots will never start fighting each other).

Also they're going to have a vote at some point to decide the last two themes for launch, so if you lobby enough for a Marathon set it just might make it in. Of course, we're also getting a Halo set.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
Yesss I loving love Marathon, I lobbied for it but nobody else was into it so back me up. I think I worked a couple of Marathon ideas (at least the health stations) into the Halo-inspired pack design but it deserves a whole one.

In-fighting rules, factional in-fighting is something I hadn't though of before but it's a good idea. However for technical reasons to do with the modular world, and implementation complexity due to the number of AI archetypes, it's firmly in the "nice to have" pile rather than "to do". I should suggest it as a stretch goal! It'd definitely extend to cool poo poo like having AI allies etc.

Throwdini posted:

I was quite startled by how slowly the player moves. That's not a fun deathmatch. The jumping is floaty, too. I'd feel ripped off if I bought the game and it controlled like that. I really hope this turns out as awesome as it has the potential to be.

I mean, if it were up to me the character in every FPS would move like doomguy, but this game is meant to be more versatile than that (by which I mean I think most single-player maps made in it will be of the slow methodical sort, and the platforming aspect also needs to control well), and to appeal to people who aren't me. If you're interested and our timezones overlap right I can try to let you know when a 5+ player deathmatch is happening next time I see one if you want to try it out. It still might not be your cup of tea but I think the DM is starting to get to a pretty good place for a early pre-alpha demo.

Some dumb idiot posted:

The game seems pretty great from the little I've played with it and I've backed the Kickstarter, I just wish the Double barreled shotgun was more like DOOM 2's than the Force of Nature, even if Shotgun jumping is fun.
Flak cannon will probably be more your thing when it goes in but yeah, I need to at least dial up the damage on the standard SSG a bit.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Radix posted:

I think it's important that the game feels like a game rather than a game-making tool or engine/editor package.

So its your game and it already looks great and I don't want to tell you your business, but... if you really see this as a game and not a game-making tool or engine/editor package... why is it called Gunscape: FPS Construction Kit??

I mean...

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

So its your game and it already looks great and I don't want to tell you your business, but... if you really see this as a game and not a game-making tool or engine/editor package... why is it called Gunscape: FPS Construction Kit??

I mean...

I think what he means is that it looks like a coherent package from the get-go instead of something you have to assemble yourself. Compare, say, Spore with RPG Maker. Spore allows for great creativity and flexibility, but it still feels like a game, whereas RPG Maker is just a tool you use to build games with.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
efb. ^^Yeah, that.

I guess I see it as both, but what I meant was that I think it's important for the gameplay to have a quality and cohesiveness of its own rather than shifting that responsibility onto level creators, because not everyone is a game designer. This goes in hand with trying to remove as many barriers as possible from the editing process so that anyone can use it. Sort of like how someone can make a super lovely Doom map and fill it with monsters mindlessly and it'll still be some degree of fun because the Doom gameplay is rock-solid, and some degree of atmospheric because that kind of comes with the engine.
Obviously you trade some versatility for that, but I think there's a need for something at this end of the spectrum of effort/skill/desire to just dick around in a toybox.

(Also I didn't pick that tagline! I came up with Gunscape but the construction kit thing I think came out of a joke I made about calling it Kombat Konstruction Kit. I don't think it's that inaccurate, though.)

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Well, to the extent that we're talking about my proposal for different game styles, I wasn't suggesting that the game offload lots of individual variables to the user. I was thinking that you'd have a handful of styles, each of which encompassed a bunch of mechanical changes, and the level designer/server creator would pick one style for their game based on the feel they're going for. I don't think that sets a very high expectation of work for the user, but it would involve a lot of work for the developers to tweak each style to be just right (as opposed to a single, universal 'style' of mechanics).

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Given that we're not even in the alpha stage I think there's plenty of time to balance the game to make it fun for a variety of subgenres. I'm not really worried about that so much.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
Yeah, I'm not really against it but I want to see how the current approach pans out once more weapons/powerups/special elements are in. The default play style is going to be enough to keep me busy for a while.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Radix posted:

Yesss I loving love Marathon, I lobbied for it but nobody else was into it so back me up. I think I worked a couple of Marathon ideas (at least the health stations) into the Halo-inspired pack design but it deserves a whole one.

Boom! Put my pledge in, so I've got your back!

The Radix posted:

In-fighting rules, factional in-fighting is something I hadn't though of before but it's a good idea. However for technical reasons to do with the modular world, and implementation complexity due to the number of AI archetypes, it's firmly in the "nice to have" pile rather than "to do". I should suggest it as a stretch goal! It'd definitely extend to cool poo poo like having AI allies etc.

I'm just spitballing since I know next to nothing about programming, but judging by how you want to make the interface simple to use, the best idea I can come up with is using different skins in the editor to determine monster behavior. Then have the option to return to standard skins for gameplay.

For example, something like red attacks everything that isn't red. Yellow could have avoidant behavior and run away when attacked. Green could be allies of the player but start attacking at too much damage from the player. Orange could be the enemy faction attack everything red, yellow, and green.

This could create interesting dynamics like an traitor that spawns and begins to kill your allies at random.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

This looks super awesome and I would back it but I've always had trouble backing non-US-based Kickstarters. Any chance for a Paypal option at some point down the line?

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Pseudoscorpion posted:

This looks super awesome and I would back it but I've always had trouble backing non-US-based Kickstarters. Any chance for a Paypal option at some point down the line?

Pretty sure that's planned, yep.

iopred
Aug 14, 2005

Heli Attack!
I started making a cool Quake DM6 remake for your Tremor set.

2 Problems:

a) No teleporters! Can you add them? :)
b) I couldn't get the map to save, so I lost all my work. I even tried the 'tab -> level settings -> save' option.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Tons more movement modifying blocks would be nice. Just off the top of my head: bouncy blocks, blocks that slow movement, slippery blocks, blocks that speed up movement, blocks that prevent jumping, blocks that are sticky and allow wall jumps...

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I think some more freedom with making slopes would be great. Are you aware of Sauerbraten? I realize that it's a different engine and it'd be difficult to make free-form objects like Sauerbraten allows, but being able to make slopes in any direction would be great, as well as making half-cubes or quarter-cubes for steps.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Tons more movement modifying blocks would be nice. Just off the top of my head: bouncy blocks, blocks that slow movement, slippery blocks, blocks that speed up movement, blocks that prevent jumping, blocks that are sticky and allow wall jumps...

iopred posted:

a) No teleporters! Can you add them? :)

Soon! There's a large list of planned gimmick blocks, many of which have assets already but will take a while to implement so they'll be coming out gradually. Right now there's barely anything available in the editor compared to the mountains of stuff in the pipe.
Basically, if you can think of a fun special level element from a fps game it's probably planned--but ask anyway, because if it isn't I'll work out a way to add it.

iopred posted:

b) I couldn't get the map to save, so I lost all my work. I even tried the 'tab -> level settings -> save' option.
Are you using the latest version? This seemed to happen occasionally with the last build but it should be more robust now.

Only, we hosed up and made pipes and a few other blocks invisible in the newest build. A fix should be up in the next hour or so so maybe hold off on the demo for the next little bit (I'll post when it's up).

Segmentation Fault posted:

I think some more freedom with making slopes would be great. Are you aware of Sauerbraten? I realize that it's a different engine and it'd be difficult to make free-form objects like Sauerbraten allows, but being able to make slopes in any direction would be great, as well as making half-cubes or quarter-cubes for steps.
Something that's being worked on for the Turok-inspired set:

Most themes won't need as many different blocks as this (Turok is an extreme example because it's outdoor terrain) but every pack should have a handful of angled blocks. Dirt ramps in the TF2-inspired theme, angled walls and stairs in the Quakey one, etc. They won't all be simple angled polys either, some will be part-terrain, part-prop, such as buttressed ceilings that are going into Bathyscape.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Just had the funnest old time loving about in some of the maps with another goon.

Only suggestion right now is to cut the reload timer - often you're left completely helpless and that's weird when it comes to arena shooters.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Wow. That looks really good.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

Made two DM maps that anybody can try out when they host a game, and had a great time just destroying Gunscape devs on them. Even though it's a pre-alpha demo and doesn't have a huge amount of content yet, it's already quite fun to whip up a map based on a random idea or gimmick and blast people on it. It'll be incredible when there's more people playing random matches / bots to help test stuff, so here's hoping the kickstarter really takes off.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Everdraed posted:

Made two DM maps that anybody can try out when they host a game, and had a great time just destroying Gunscape devs on them. Even though it's a pre-alpha demo and doesn't have a huge amount of content yet, it's already quite fun to whip up a map based on a random idea or gimmick and blast people on it. It'll be incredible when there's more people playing random matches / bots to help test stuff, so here's hoping the kickstarter really takes off.

We spent ages trying to get to the super weapon at the top of your bioshock map - turns out the floor blocks on the top level don't allow for rocket jumping.

(We still found a way though :ssh:)

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

The Radix posted:

(I'll post when it's up)

New build is up! If you've been playing today you probably already have it. This fixes the poo poo we broke, makes the menus a little easier to navigate (real menus are still coming) and adds 9 or 10 more blocks to the TF2-inspired pack--lots more props and some special elements from that pack like teleporters and an elevator, probably a CTF mode, and mmmaybe new weapons if I have time coming next week.

Downloads available here.

New Quake-inspired stuff should go in soon too next time I have a spare half hour.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

Both of those look great!

mfcrocker posted:

We spent ages trying to get to the super weapon at the top of your bioshock map - turns out the floor blocks on the top level don't allow for rocket jumping.

(We still found a way though :ssh:)
There's still a lot of work to do on it (especially the top room) but my original idea was to make a really long and elaborate series of auto boosts that would require a solid minute of no input but eventually deposit you right on the BFG as a B:I 'sky rail' joke. I got lazy though and instead it puts you on that little ledge, but either a very precise normal jump or an easy shotgun boost will get you to the gun from there. If you're very good, you can actually use the boost pad in the middle area and then immediately fire both rounds of the shotgun and just barely get to the topmost ledge with the gun. It's extremely difficult but hilarious to pull off.

Funny enough that map and my abuse of audio triggers alerted devs to performance issues specifically tied to them. Apparently filling a gigantic void with audio triggers just so people would hear a funny noise when they died causes issues, who knew?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Everdraed posted:

There's still a lot of work to do on it (especially the top room) but my original idea was to make a really long and elaborate series of auto boosts that would require a solid minute of no input but eventually deposit you right on the BFG as a B:I 'sky rail' joke. I got lazy though and instead it puts you on that little ledge, but either a very precise normal jump or an easy shotgun boost will get you to the gun from there. If you're very good, you can actually use the boost pad in the middle area and then immediately fire both rounds of the shotgun and just barely get to the topmost ledge with the gun. It's extremely difficult but hilarious to pull off.

Oh, we just angled ourselves correctly, stood on the pipes on the platform above the genes machine and fired at the wall :v:

We also had fun trying the race map, although someone came on and moaned that we weren't playing DM. We loaded up DM01 and ground him into paste :getin:

For anyone not sure about whether to download this/kickstart it, seriously, give it a whirl. Just loving about in people's maps has given us loads of enjoyment - we haven't even hit creative mode yet!

mfcrocker fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 28, 2014

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
I just jumped up there. Here's a sweet new music track I forgot to post: https://soundcloud.com/blowfishstudios/torus-side-a

iopred
Aug 14, 2005

Heli Attack!
Hey Radix, I couldn't get my level playable in the host game.

But here it is anyways: https://mega.co.nz/#!EJ8i0DyR!zQREGQcAiDI5hXmG0sucNhc8K0EJF4PCjY3Gg48o-XA

Just need those teleporters :)

iopred fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Feb 28, 2014

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
Even though probably no one under 30 will recognize it, I just wanted to thank you for (effectively) including the "HEEYAW" sound from Shadow Warrior. Every time I hear that sound, it brings back a flood of memories. :3:

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
;) I'm not certain it's going to stick around once we have proper voice sets for player characters but I'm gonna try my best to keep it in some form.

iopred posted:

Hey Radix, I couldn't get my level playable in the host game.

But here it is anyways: https://mega.co.nz/#!EJ8i0DyR!zQREGQcAiDI5hXmG0sucNhc8K0EJF4PCjY3Gg48o-XA

Just need those teleporters :)

Uh oh. Where exactly does it go wrong? If it was just refusing to save, have you tried with the latest build?
One-way teleporters should be in by mid next week. Bi-directional teleporters in a couple different styles (each working a little differently) are in upcoming packs but might be a while yet.

PS something very cool might be happening! I'm excited! It's a secret!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I hope Yogscast will take a look at this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iopred
Aug 14, 2005

Heli Attack!

The Radix posted:

;) I'm not certain it's going to stick around once we have proper voice sets for player characters but I'm gonna try my best to keep it in some form.

Uh oh. Where exactly does it go wrong? If it was just refusing to save, have you tried with the latest build?
One-way teleporters should be in by mid next week. Bi-directional teleporters in a couple different styles (each working a little differently) are in upcoming packs but might be a while yet.

PS something very cool might be happening! I'm excited! It's a secret!

I found I had to just export it 10 times, eventually it sticks and is playable in multiplayer.

I just played a full round on my level, really fun, went back and tweaked things to make it play a bit better (mainly item placement) and tightened up the graphics on level 3.

Some things that would be cool in general.

Reload automatically if you pick up enough ammo. Some times I find I have a weapon without enough to reload, and then pick up ammo for it, then I die when I go to fire it starts reloading instead :)
Single barreled shotgun!
Ability to set default weapon for a level, at the moment I've just put a weapon in front of every spawn point.
Ability to bind weapons to keys, even having 1 for melee, 2 for bullet weapons, 3 for nuke, 4 for energy would be fine.

Oh god I've turned into one of those people.

iopred fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 1, 2014

• Locked thread