Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
FOOD FIGHT!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Haha Bossman with the awesome acid wash jeans and prison guard shirt.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Why do I find Macho Man telling kids not to do drugs SO funny?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

BigRed0427 posted:

Why do I find Macho Man telling kids not to do drugs SO funny?

"If you smoke, you're really uncool and a jerk."

-Bryan Knobbs

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
"The Nasty Boys are as nasty as they wanna be but if you smoke, you're really uncool and a jerk."

:laugh: Thanks Knobbs

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Out in the yaaaad

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sleepingbuddha posted:

I'm old, what are 2014 "hippies" like?

There aren't any, except in Portland where they are the same as they ever were. A better gimmick would be him being a hipster, but that would just end up with him looking like a weird cross of Aiden English and the Wyatt Family, probably, but possibly riding a unicycle to the ring.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

there are lots of hippies in asheville nc and around parts of appalachia in general but it gets hard to differentiate between hippy and "hillbilly who smokes weed" sometimes

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

TheJoker138 posted:

There aren't any, except in Portland where they are the same as they ever were. A better gimmick would be him being a hipster, but that would just end up with him looking like a weird cross of Aiden English and the Wyatt Family, probably, but possibly riding a unicycle to the ring.

This could be a good heel gimmick, most people already hate hipsters. You could have some Mumford and Sons-esque entrance music and literally dress like a mustache twirling villain.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sleepingbuddha posted:

This could be a good heel gimmick, most people already hate hipsters. You could have some Mumford and Sons-esque entrance music and literally dress like a mustache twirling villain.

He could turn down title shots because being a champion is too mainstream.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

For sheer fun, I'm enjoying the 95 era RAW episodes more than the 98 ones. In 98, the big moments were great, but most of the show was filled with people just watching to get their catch phrases in. The 95 stuff was just straight cheese.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Bischoff had fake teeth?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Piper's story of a newspaper declaring him and Bob Orton renegades is god drat brilliant

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I hope they decide to do more of these legends panels. THey are amazing.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
How many of these "Legends of Wrestling" shows did they produce? They remind me of those old Sports Reporter shows with four old guys sitting at a table, smoking cigars and talking about sports stuff. Except this is four old wrestlers (with Mean Gene!) sitting around, smoking cigars, and talking about rasslin', Michael Hayes is annoying, and everybody rambles a bit, but it's a fun show.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cesaro said Reigns has the best spear.

I knew he's a man of taste.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Static Rook posted:

How many of these "Legends of Wrestling" shows did they produce? They remind me of those old Sports Reporter shows with four old guys sitting at a table, smoking cigars and talking about sports stuff. Except this is four old wrestlers (with Mean Gene!) sitting around, smoking cigars, and talking about rasslin', Michael Hayes is annoying, and everybody rambles a bit, but it's a fun show.
15 of them total:
Episode 01: Just general talking about superstars
Episode 02: Greatest Rivalries & the Monday Night Wars
Episode 03: Badasses of Wrestling; The Territories
Episode 04: Wrestlemania; Worst Characters
Episode 05: Factions; Important Moments
Episode 06: Soul of Wrestling (Black wrestlers)
Episode 07: Texas Wrestling
Episode 08: Patriotism; Giants
Episode 09: The Lost Art of the Manager; The Culture of Southern Wrestling
Episode 10: Tag Teams; The 1970s
Episode 11: Wrestling Families; Overachievers/Underachievers
Episode 12: Rivalries; Canadian Effect
Episode 13: nWo; In Through the Outdoors.
Episode 14: Renegades and Outlaws; Celebrity Effect
Episode 15: The History of Raw; Evolution Of Hardcore

Michael Hayes is on 12 of the 15 episodes and ruins almost all of them.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hayes is occasionally annoying but also good for asking people direct and interesting questions.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

epitasis posted:

Hayes is occasionally annoying but also good for asking people direct and interesting questions.
Then interrupting them while they try and answer the question.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Flameingblack posted:

Then interrupting them while they try and answer the question.

Then saying something really stupid or offensive.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
This is a god drat panel.
Foley, Dusty, Doc Hendrix, and Patterson with Gene Mean discussing the worst characters ever.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

This is a god drat panel.
Foley, Dusty, Doc Hendrix, and Patterson with Gene Mean discussing the worst characters ever.

I've actually seen this before and it is great.

What do you guys were the worst characters of all time?

Edit: The Gobblidty gooker really is amazing. And Mean Gean's response was great.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Gene: Who came up with the Gobbledy-gooker?
Patterson: Vince
Gene: You're gonna bury him on this show?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Haynes looks like Ron Swanson as Doc Hendrix.

Edit: i forgot how dumb the facts on the bottom of the screen get.

The American Dream posted:

Hopefully they tape more of these. It's easy to make, and I'm sure the guys are knocking each other down to get onto one of these. Nothing old wrestlers like more then talking and taking shots at people they don't like and Vince.

I would love them to make more of these, maybe even with more modern wrestlers.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 1, 2014

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Hopefully they tape more of these. It's easy to make, and I'm sure the guys are knocking each other down to get onto one of these. Nothing old wrestlers like more then talking and taking shots at people they don't like and Vince.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
If there's anything I like better than good wrestling, it's hilarious awful wrestling.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Old Goldust is actually pretty awesome. Why can't he bring some of that back today?

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

BigRed0427 posted:

Old Goldust is actually pretty awesome. Why can't he bring some of that back today?

Cause they murdered it by making him ultra-religious in the late 90's for a few months.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

BigRed0427 posted:

I would love them to make more of these, maybe even with more modern wrestlers.

I'd like it, too, but I think most people currently employed would be too scared to say the wrong thing. Old guys can have the proper "ah gently caress it" attitude to poo poo on things and tell good road stories.

If Ziggler or one of the Shield guys went on a show and talked about drunken road antics they'd get buried/fired. Especially if they mentioned Cena at all.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Static Rook posted:

I'd like it, too, but I think most people currently employed would be too scared to say the wrong thing. Old guys can have the proper "ah gently caress it" attitude to poo poo on things and tell good road stories.

If Ziggler or one of the Shield guys went on a show and talked about drunken road antics they'd get buried/fired. Especially if they mentioned Cena at all.

Maybe not that recent but guys like the Hardys, the Dudleys, D'Lo, guys from mid to late WCW.

God, the roundtables you could get out of midcard WCW guys.

Edit; Thanks Legend's of Wrestling for letting me know who Steven Spielberg is.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 1, 2014

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
They really need to make more episodes of Legends.
That was a pretty drat good show, if only for Foley, Dusty, and Patterson's stories.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

They really need to make more episodes of Legends.
That was a pretty drat good show, if only for Foley, Dusty, and Patterson's stories.

What's really neat, that I'm surprised isn't up, is the Showdown at Shea they made for the Classics on Demand channel. They simply had Cole and Foley record play-by-play for it and Foley is really quick at citing interesting side stories about all these old wrestlers on the card.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

holy poo poo stone cold's promos in ecw

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Austin in ECW loving ruled. It was one of the few instances of worked shoot working 100%.

(e): Pillman was loving incredible.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You could totally buy that at any given moment he was going to lunge into the crowd and kill someone.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DeathChicken posted:

You could totally buy that at any given moment he was going to lunge into the crowd and kill someone.

If that's regarding Pillman...there's a reason he got taken off commentary on Shotgun Saturday Night.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Triple threat tag team match for the championship on this random smackdown, Acolytles vs Xpac/Kane vs Undertaker/Big Show. What a weird match.

edit: and undertaker, tag team champion, is on commentary

SaberToothedPie fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 1, 2014

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

SaberToothedPie posted:

Triple threat tag team match for the championship on this random smackdown, Acolytles vs Xpac/Kane vs Undertaker/Big Show. What a weird match.

Not just a random Smackdown, the first Smackdown.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

kdrudy posted:

Not just a random Smackdown, the first Smackdown.

This is what happens when you don't watch things from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Man the Bossman was so great at being despicable

• Locked thread