Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TARDISman posted:

For all we know he could have come home every now and then like he was just now. Besides, are we really in a place to criticize his dad for not being around in Japan of all places?

Hey, all I know is that every other adult Gunpla Fanatic in the show seems to have a bottomless well of money and time to fund their flights around the world, so by that metric so should Sei's dad.

Also since this is a show about Gundam references and the first thing that we see in Sei's "me and my dad" dream is Takeshi living in Tem Ray's shack I'm going to assume that like Tem Ray Takeshi is a Bad Dad. Prove my unbreakable thesis wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
For a thread about a lighthearted cartoon about kids playing with toy robots, this thread gets loving serious sometimes.

Sei's dad being an idiot and going home to find no one there and being completely unaware his son is in the tournament is a joke.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

He was there, a few miles away from the stadium. Really, his son was literally dreaming that he'd meet up with him and everything. Its obvious that the reason why he didn't show up is because the writers didnt want him to yet but it comes of as him being a huge jerk.

Seriously, give your son a call and tell him that you'll treat him and his friends to lunch or dinner. Then go back home to be with the wife (assuming thats where you think she is).

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

For a thread about a lighthearted cartoon about kids playing with toy robots, this thread gets loving serious sometimes.

Sei's dad being an idiot and going home to find no one there and being completely unaware his son is in the tournament is a joke.

Who's serious? I'm not actually mad about Sei's dad, I think it's silly.

(His dad is totally aware he's in the tournament, though. When he's carting Gunpla Mafia Dude off to Gunpla Jail he thinks out loud about how he's proud of Sei's tournament progress.)

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Guys, this is a lighthearted show. If you feel bad for any of the characters just remember:
ironic.jpg

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Kanos posted:

Who's serious? I'm not actually mad about Sei's dad, I think it's silly.

(His dad is totally aware he's in the tournament, though. When he's carting Gunpla Mafia Dude off to Gunpla Jail he thinks out loud about how he's proud of Sei's tournament progress.)

Yeah good point. I think his dad comes across as a guy who's kind of a socially retarded idiot goon. I think he means well, he's just a dumbass.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blackchamber posted:

Guys, this is a lighthearted show. If you feel bad for any of the characters just remember:
ironic.jpg

Note: Character then proceeds to Mope Around.

Don't take advice from Mao or really any of the pilots. They're all kind of losers :colbert:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Wow when you point that out... yeah that is kinda ironic. Good catch.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Don't take advice from Mao or really any of the pilots. They're all kind of losers :colbert:

I never knew a room full of losers could be so entertaining. Maybe I've been hanging around the wrong losers?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blackchamber posted:

Wow when you point that out... yeah that is kinda ironic. Good catch.

I know right? It's pretty funny if I do say so myself (I didn't see the 'ironic.jpg' in your post. Guess I'll go clean this egg off my face.)

Level Slide posted:

I never knew a room full of losers could be so entertaining. Maybe I've been hanging around the wrong losers?

Clearly. The best losers are the ones who almost seem like they could be regular people before crashing down into the loser pit.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Still one of my favorite Reiji/Aina scenes. Thanks to Takeshi Sei for setting it up.

Also this show will end with Reiji taking Aina back to his kingdom, ending her street urchin days and becoming a princess. Happily ever after, and go gently caress yourself if that doesnt happen.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 26, 2014

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Aila's first order of business as Queen of Spaceland is to annex surrounding territories to expand the food reserves.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Kanos posted:

Hey, all I know is that every other adult Gunpla Fanatic in the show seems to have a bottomless well of money and time to fund their flights around the world, so by that metric so should Sei's dad.

Also since this is a show about Gundam references and the first thing that we see in Sei's "me and my dad" dream is Takeshi living in Tem Ray's shack I'm going to assume that like Tem Ray Takeshi is a Bad Dad. Prove my unbreakable thesis wrong.

He hasn't really come around yet because near the end he needs to show up and give Sei a mysterious "circuit" to attach to the Build Strike.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

hallo spacedog posted:

He hasn't really come around yet because near the end he needs to show up and give Sei a mysterious "circuit" to attach to the Build Strike.

Oh god, that's their master plan to somehow make this show bad. They're going to get beaten by the chairman and Sei's dad is going to build him the Beginning 30 so they can win.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

Oh god, that's their master plan to somehow make this show bad. They're going to get beaten by the chairman and Sei's dad is going to build him the Beginning 30 so they can win.

Oh man, Sei's dad giving him the broken, irreparable remains of Reiji's Beginning as an end-game superweapon would be a fantastic reference.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Just watch, those cutters have a tracking beacon inside that will lead Takeshi to Sei when the latter is inevitably kidnapped in Baker's latest attempt to take Sei/Reiji down.

Dude is just eating ramen when suddenly his badge goes off. Cue Takeshi sprinting to the secret underground Gundam garage, getting in his 1/60 White Base, and zooming over to save the day.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Something like this? :v:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

Just watch, those cutters have a tracking beacon inside that will lead Takeshi to Sei when the latter is inevitably kidnapped in Baker's latest attempt to take Sei/Reiji down.

Dude is just eating ramen when suddenly his badge goes off. Cue Takeshi sprinting to the secret underground Gundam garage, getting in his 1/60 White Base, and zooming over to save the day.

You know, I give Baker a lot of credit. Aside from Gunpla Mafia guy, her attempts at bringing Sei and Reiji down have been fundamentally fair and Gunpla-related and her match-fixing has been pretty much "I know, I'll force them to face really strong opponents".

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Blackchamber posted:

Also this show will end with Reiji taking Aina back to his kingdom, ending her street urchin days and becoming a princess. Happily ever after, and go gently caress yourself if that doesnt happen.

I like the idea posted earlier of a Gunpla World Tour. If that happens, Reiji and Aina need to be an obnoxiously cute couple and also bribed with food to go anywhere.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Bandai really needs to get full control of 00 license so Samurai Boy Nils Nielsen can attain true honor and live by the code of bushido.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

Bandai really needs to get full control of 00 license so Samurai Boy Nils Nielsen can attain true honor and live by the code of bushido.

By that you mean create a giant Samurai-themed Red Frame Power Loader.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

By that you mean create a giant Samurai-themed Red Frame Powered.
Had to correct you on that one, sorry.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

AradoBalanga posted:

Had to correct you on that one, sorry.

He knew exactly what the hell he was saying, chief.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I know what he said.

I just find the Power Loader to be way too bulky. And I doubt Nils would even use it. I mean, how would you even mount Fuunsaiki with the Power Loader?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

I know what he said.

I just find the Power Loader to be way too bulky. And I doubt Nils would even use it. I mean, how would you even mount Fuunsaiki with the Power Loader?

Power Loader for Funnsaiki too.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Power Loader for Funnsaiki too.
That is completely insane.

And yet....it could maybe work for Build Fighters. Emphasis on "maybe".

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Czommer had a 1/144 Gaw, the sky is the limit.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

BlitzBlast posted:

Czommer had a 1/144 Gaw, the sky is the limit.
I'm honestly surprised we didn't see the 1/144 Dendrobium-Orchis during that part of the tournament.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Zedd posted:

I'm honestly surprised we didn't see the 1/144 Dendrobium-Orchis during that part of the tournament.

Wait. Wait. IS there a 1/444 Dendrobium-Orchis? Because if so my wallet's gonna be much much lighter very soon.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

No, but there isn't a 1/144 Gaw or Abigor either. :smith:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Wait. Wait. IS there a 1/444 Dendrobium-Orchis? Because if so my wallet's gonna be much much lighter very soon.

yes. good luck finding one

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

There is, and it's huge. :getin:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN907985/Gun

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Unless you have all the free time and a table set aside for display, skip the Dendrobium. It needs hours of work to look good, and even then all you can do with it is have it sit there.

Same goes for HG Meteor.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

muike posted:

yes. good luck finding one

It's on Amazon for $345

BlitzBlast posted:

Unless you have all the free time and a table set aside for display, skip the Dendrobium. It needs hours of work to look good, and even then all you can do with it is have it sit there.

Same goes for HG Meteor.

Nah man, clearly this is the basis for a realyl expensive and stupid kit bash. Did they ever make a HG Zeong? Or Big Zam?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yes for the Zeong (not sure why you'd even need to ask), no for the Big Zam.

There's a 1/400 of it though.

You should really consult dalong or the Gundam Wiki for what there's a kit of.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The 1/144 Orchis even comes with a gerbera tetra to impale on the cannon.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Nah man, clearly this is the basis for a realyl expensive and stupid kit bash. Did they ever make a HG Zeong? Or Big Zam?
They are making a 1/144 Neo Zeong :shepface:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Zedd posted:

They are making a 1/144 Neo Zeong :shepface:

Oh God. Neo-DendrobiZeong is now my loving terrifying dream kit bash.

Wait, does the 1/444 Neo Zeong come with Full Frontal's Normal unit as well to sit in it or is that just going to be a weird head piece?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

We have no idea, all we know about the thing is some design art because Unicorn 7 hasn't come out yet.

Well that and the size. I hope you have lots of room, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mr. stefan posted:

The 1/144 Orchis even comes with a gerbera tetra to impale on the cannon.

No it doesn't. The 1/400 Dendrobium/Neue Ziel set does.

• Locked thread