Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Reject

Archery and Reflexes Gotta learn how to dodge those blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

dereku posted:

This rhymes are getting lonely
So hire her or give me a pony
Speaking of which train some horses
Resist magic should be among our courses

((Please don't give me a pony))

I don't want a pony either this time;
but I endorse the contents of this rhyme.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
We are not interested. We much prefer people who would teach us to wield magic and wield some more magic.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Hire her! This shall surely end well. Also, train Naval Strategy x 2 while we're waiting to gain the skill modifiers to Weapons that becoming Angry will give us.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
She wasn't that good.

Intrigue and Lumen. gently caress it. The tide is against me.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Reject Her

Also Archery x2 since Swords is close to the limit.

Arp1033
Oct 13, 2012
Reject her!

And I say go Polearms as we will be likely wielding something ceremonial if anything if we have to deal with an assassin!

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

We Don't need a Court Musician right now.

Let's rather practice Archery and Magic Sensing.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
reject her she has no purpose. Then double down on archery

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
reject archery and accounting

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Iiii... think we should Reject her; and train Archery and Wield Magic. That way we can shoot light arrows to defeat a pig demon and steal his triangles instead of hiring a punk elf to do it for us.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Will beg for Accounting and Trade till we finally know about money.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samuel posted:

Trade 10 is probably something like "You learn that merchants make a living by buying goods at a lower price and selling them at a higher price".

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 2, 2014

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

JosephWongKS posted:

Trade 10 is probably something like "You learn that merchants make a living by buying goods at a lower price and selling them at a higher price".

"You understand the concept of money."

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
No way we're taking this hack on. Meanwhile, while we're willful, let's just study magic since no one seems to be interested in becoming a magical accountant.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009

SirKibbles posted:

reject archery and accounting

For some reason I can imagine Elodie throwing a bow at an abacus in frustration because she doesn't understand either.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend

Samuel posted:

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

No way we're taking this hack on. Meanwhile, while we're willful, let's just study magic since no one seems to be interested in becoming a magical accountant.

Aren't we at a penalty to Economics when she's willful though? I was thinking about voting for trade, but I decided not to because of the perceived impediment. That and I want to support a princess who doesn't need a video game hero when dragons and evil pig wizards show up.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Reject her. Don't call us, we'll call you.

Resist Magic x2

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Drakli posted:

Aren't we at a penalty to Economics when she's willful though?

Yes, which is another good reason not to study it right now. There doesn't actually seem to be a mood that gives a bonus to economics, so the best we can do is avoid the problematic moods. But not much we can do about that now.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Drakli posted:

Aren't we at a penalty to Economics when she's willful though? I was thinking about voting for trade, but I decided not to because of the perceived impediment. That and I want to support a princess who doesn't need a video game hero when dragons and evil pig wizards show up.

Yeah, Willful is actually a -2 malus to Economics (all 3 of its maluses are -2, unlike, say, Angry which has 4 -1 maluses). On the other hand it is the only mood we've seen so far with a bonus to Lumen or Intrigue. We're working towards Angry, which will have a bonus to Weapons (the only mood we've seen so far that does) and no malus to Economics, so people voting for those things might want to wait until we're Angry and instead vote for something that'll take advantage of Willful.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

I'm closing the vote here. The update will be late today. I won't be home until 6 or so, so expect the update to come around 7 or so.

Edit:

Unfortunately, due to a variety of factors, the update won't be until tomorrow at 4 PM EST!

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 3, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Court Musician

Reject her: 15

Accept her as Court Musician: 5

Classes

Archery: 10

Resist Magic: 5

Horses: 3

Accounting: 3

Sense Magic: 3

Wield Magic: 3

Lumen: 3

Naval Strategy: 2

Polearms: 2

Falcons: 1

Ciphering: 1

Foreign Affairs: 1

Reflexes: 1

Intrigue: 1

Trade: 1

Winners

Reject her

Archery

Resist Magic

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

It's an extremely formal letter for such a little boy, thanking you for your wisdom in allowing him to live with his grandfather (who probably dictated every word he wrote).

And we are :argh: (in a good way)

Now the only thing in the way of Elodie becoming a stabbing machine is a couple of polearm lessons!

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Polearms x2 then!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Ciphering and Archery. We can yet be a cool spy queen!

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Double Polearms. We have to be the master of all weapons.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Polearms and Strategy. Weapons are important, but so is knowing how armies work.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Arms of the Poles x2. We need to get a new outfit so goons can play dress her up some more.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

A bit of Dual Staff(Polearms)-wielding to complete the Weapons set.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Our little princess is pretty mad
And it might not be the fault of her dad
She doesn't know how to stratigize
And with polearms win a prize

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

If we end up dying because we SUCCEED a check but "the other spell is too powerful", I'm gonna be so pissed.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Might as well, Polearms x2.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Haifisch posted:

Polearms and Strategy. Weapons are important, but so is knowing how armies work.

This, and for exactly this reason.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Archery x2 We must be the best shooting princess ever!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Polearms x2 just so we hurry and get more swords :black101:

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I know you guys want weapon skills, but remember that the protagonist is a medieval princess. It's way more likely she dies to poison or getting sieged out because she pissed off everyone than that she gets into a duel or something. I say strategy x2.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
If someone rushed at us with a dagger I would think being able to block it is important. Being able to fight doesn't just cover duels, although admittedly it's not going to win us any wars.

That said, Wield Magic x2. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Polearms x2

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Haifisch posted:

This.

Edit: also catsuit.

WindmillSlayer fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

If we end up dying because we SUCCEED a check but "the other spell is too powerful", I'm gonna be so pissed.

Sounds like more of a "Partial Success" thing. The game's cruel but I doubt it'd punish a "Success"ful check in such a direct way.

Also hoping on the Polearm x 2 bandwagon, and just to annoy certain people, a vote to wear the Magical Girl outfit.

• Locked thread