Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Acrolos posted:

Can someone explain the history of the MSG shows? Were they broadcast nationwide, or was it localized in the New York area? Obviously they spent the money to create a polished (for the time) product, but I don't recall MSG shows being on tv when I was a kid.

They were essentially just house shows, right?
They were MSG house shows, and they were shown on the MSG Network, which is a channel in the NY/east coast area (they have more content now, but at the time it was pretty much just NY sports team games and wasn't a very big channel). There was very little consistency when they were air, I'd sometimes come across them just flipping through the channels on a Saturday afternoon.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
Yay, Bushwhackers. Forget workrate, I loved them when I was a kid and that's never gonna change.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SirDippingSauce posted:

Yay, Bushwhackers. Forget workrate, I loved them when I was a kid and that's never gonna change.

Forget workrate? Pfft, The Bushwhackers were in a 5 star match that might end up on the network one day!

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

Great White Hope posted:

Forget workrate? Pfft, The Bushwhackers were in a 5 star match that might end up on the network one day!

Seriously? That's even more awesome!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rob Bartlett fan club :stare:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Cromulent posted:

They were MSG house shows, and they were shown on the MSG Network, which is a channel in the NY/east coast area (they have more content now, but at the time it was pretty much just NY sports team games and wasn't a very big channel). There was very little consistency when they were air, I'd sometimes come across them just flipping through the channels on a Saturday afternoon.

I think they usually were filmed monthly, because the WWF used to play MSG every month.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SirDippingSauce posted:

Seriously? That's even more awesome!

It was not a positive 5 star match. Still hope it ends up on the Network though.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

njsykora posted:

It was not a positive 5 star match. Still hope it ends up on the Network though.

They've had a positive 5 star match! The match you're thinking of didn't get negative 5 stars, it got negative more stars than there are in the universe, and the universe in infinite!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

njsykora posted:

I think The Bushwhackers are the only people to have both a 5-flake and a negative-5-flake match.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
5 Star Match (1986) vs. The Fantastics at the Crockett Cup Tournament on 19 April

Huh, that's surprising. They went on to lose worst tag-team by Meltzer not many years afterwards twice.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

The neatness of seeing Taz on a WWE roundtable show in 2012 is balanced out by Ric Flair making fun of Shane Douglas working at Wal-Mart.

SirDippingSauce fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 3, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I love how between that and the promo he cut on Douglas before their WCW match, you can tell Flair heard everything he said about him and just went "gently caress you forever, you never-was."

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

5 Star Match (1986) vs. The Fantastics at the Crockett Cup Tournament on 19 April

Huh, that's surprising. They went on to lose worst tag-team by Meltzer not many years afterwards twice.

They were garbage wrestlers and that match was apparently a bloody brawl

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
I could see myself and my husband in the crowd right before the Jericho-Road Dogg match... kinda surreal from 15 years ago.

Edit: PETE GAS SIGHTING

Frilled Lizard fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 3, 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Frilled Lizard posted:

I could see myself and my husband in the crowd right before the Jericho-Road Dogg match... kinda surreal from 15 years ago.

Edit: PETE GAS SIGHTING

That's kinda :3:. SHANE WINZ!

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's kinda :3:. SHANE WINZ!

I still remember, my signs were "JERICHO SAVE THIS SEGMENT" which I spotted, and PATTERSON FEARS PUPPIES. Because 1999. :unsmith:

Edit: Everyone is spitting on this show! Loogies everywhere.

Frilled Lizard fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 3, 2014

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Got home, turned on the live stream, was rewarded with the very beginning of Taker-HBK from WM25. yes please.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

Got home, turned on the live stream, was rewarded with the very beginning of Taker-HBK from WM25. yes please.

I'm watching it too. Undertaker realizing he met someone who is as god damned tough as him is amazing.

Edit: Chubby bald dude in white shirt just lost his mind at Taker kicking out.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 3, 2014

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Edit: Chubby bald dude in white shirt just lost his mind at Taker kicking out.

Rewind and watch him when HBK enters the ring during his entrance, he's dancing and singing along to the song.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

Rewind and watch him when HBK enters the ring during his entrance, he's dancing and singing along to the song.

I can never take my eyes off this guy, his reaction is that of a 50 year old manchild. The same one we all had when we saw it live.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
My favorite is the ginger teenager right in the middle of the first row -- he doesn't stand up a lot but his faces during the kick-outs are the best. You can see them in rapid-reaction during the post match recap.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

This loving promo is so boring

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

The music in this feels all wrong it must be because it sounds like the generic butt rock of the 80s wcw ppvs.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Speaking of unsatisfying payoffs.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

everything about triple h is hilarious

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

oatgan posted:

everything about triple h is hilarious

JR threw in another name I didn't remember: The Ultimate Gameplanner!

HHH is Poochy

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Hacksaw on the Preshow. Outstanding.

Jaragoh
Nov 27, 2004

I thought they were going to air Raw on the network too. Did that change at some point, or is it coming in the future?

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Jaragoh posted:

I thought they were going to air Raw on the network too. Did that change at some point, or is it coming in the future?

Replays will eventuallly be made available, but no, live or near-live Raws were never part of the Network, since offering it would potentially hurt Raw's TV numbers.

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
So I tried the Xbox 360 app since it works now, and it was very choppy. I switch back to my Apple TV, and it's all good. And I wasn't playing both streams at the same time.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jaragoh posted:

This was never going to happen, the TV money they get from Raw and Smackdown is basically what's propping this thing up. The Hulu versions will be on the Network 30 days after they air.

Jaragoh
Nov 27, 2004

njsykora posted:

This was never going to happen, the TV money they get from Raw and Smackdown is basically what's propping this thing up. The Hulu versions will be on the Network 30 days after they air.

drat. We just ditched the tv portion of our cable bill; I was the only one who ever watched anything, and even then, it was mainly Raw and Smackdown. Guess I'll just stick to the streams then.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

njsykora posted:

Actually, it's the full versions 30 days after. Not the Hulu cuts.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Screw Punk WE GOT BIG SHOW

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Is it just me, or is the streaming quality pretty poo poo on the Xbox 360? I'm watching it now and the streaming quality quickly drops to utter poo poo territory, to the point I can't even read the #wwebackstagepass hashtag.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
The quality is dropped on the PC too right now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BillyMays posted:

Perfect here.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jericho mocking the poo poo out of Vince's stunner selling is great :allears:

E: for some reason though I get the stream pausing every few minutes in fullscreen mode, or the monitor going into sleep mode after a similar time when in not-fullscreen.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Heh, they're showing a Brusier Brody vs Rick Rude match, and it has blonde Paul Bearer as Rude's manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

BillyMays posted:

It was up and down all the way through the Raw pre-show.

• Locked thread