Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

Frinkahedron posted:

Is there an Arizona bandwagon? I'd like to join it.

line starts at the back of the bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

So, some judge from Arkansas who is running for the Arkansas Court of Appeals is about to face the music for some posts that he made on Tigerdroppings (apparently his daughter plays golf at LSU):

Link w/screenshots of posts

In addition to some sexist, homophobic, & racist remarks, the thing that might appear to put him in hot water is commenting on Charlize Theron's adoption. Some of the state's news agencies have picked up on the story and there's been an official response from the JDDC:

Sorry about being OT, but it's the off-season.

I've said it before, but I love that I live in a world where grown rear end adults with Important Jobs know how to use twitter and post on message boards, but are still too stupid to realize that the things they post actually represent them and don't just go off into magical internet land where they're free from scrutiny and consequences.

I'm going to be very sad the day everyone finally learns how to not accidentally tweet blast pictures of your dick to the entire world or "accidentally" post super racist/sexist/homophobic poo poo before claiming you were hacked.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Okay, I actually read through the emails, and, uh, whoa. This guy is easily in the upper quintile of racist, sexist trolls that affiliate with college football. Even factoring in Rivals.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

VDay posted:

I've said it before, but I love that I live in a world where grown rear end adults with Important Jobs know how to use twitter and post on message boards, but are still too stupid to realize that the things they post actually represent them and don't just go off into magical internet land where they're free from scrutiny and consequences.

I'm going to be very sad the day everyone finally learns how to not accidentally tweet blast pictures of your dick to the entire world or "accidentally" post super racist/sexist/homophobic poo poo before claiming you were hacked.

people claiming they are hacked is the best part of twitter and facebook at the moment

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I'm so glad Michigan hosed that up.

It's a golden age for Arizona athletics.

Till next year when Rich Rod goes home.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Dattserberg posted:

I believe this is the biggest issue with Hoke and his staff.

I think the issue is developing talent on the lines. The O-Line has been trash outside of Lewan, the D-Line has sucked.

Our RBs have no where to run, Gardner got sacked about 90000 times, there is no pressure on the QB unless they blitz 2 extra guys. Linebackers have been fine, DBs have been mainly fine, WRs have been fine (look at Gallon, Funchess, and co), RBs are still unknown due to the bad lineplay, but the year that it was a senior line Toussaint ran for 1200 yards at 5.4 YPC.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Urban Meyer had surgery, following the worst losing streak in his entire tenure as ohio state's coach

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Urban Meyer had surgery, following the worst losing streak in his entire tenure as ohio state's coach

Here comes the 'medical complications' that'll allow him to step down and take over Alabama when Saban retires in a few years.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

So, some judge from Arkansas who is running for the Arkansas Court of Appeals is about to face the music for some posts that he made on Tigerdroppings (apparently his daughter plays golf at LSU):

In addition to some sexist, homophobic, & racist remarks, the thing that might appear to put him in hot water is commenting on Charlize Theron's adoption. Some of the state's news agencies have picked up on the story and there's been an official response from the JDDC:

Do not elect this man. Holy poo poo!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Morby posted:

You underestimate the power of the rural voter.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

You underestimate the power of the rural voter.

I can hear the "But I feel like I could have a beer with him!" defenses already.

Morby fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 4, 2014

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The Honorable DemoniusX

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Is it weird lighting, or was his face laid out by Picasso? I can't tell which way his nose is pointing.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Regnevelc posted:

Till next year when Rich Rod goes home.

He'll leave eventually, but you think we won't even get 5 years out of him?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Qwijib0 posted:

Tom Bradley was hired to be the interim HC for when they fire Dana Holgorson about 8 games into the season.

Sets Rich Rod up perfectly to come back as the prodigal son and say all the right things about his biggest regret in life is leaving WVU and the fans will forgive him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Speaking of, WVU announced yesterday that Gordon Gee will be their full-time president.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Regnevelc posted:

Here comes the 'medical complications' that'll allow him to step down and take over Alabama when Saban retires in a few years.

Notre Dame. He's named after a Pope! :haw:

Dantonio pulled a Saban and destroyed the poor man's GI tract from stress. Or Papa John. Maybe both.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

Speaking of, WVU announced yesterday that Gordon Gee will be their full-time president.

lmao

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Our first day of spring practice was canceled because it's cold. :negative:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Apparently Mike McQueary was diddled as a child or something.

Dr. Foom
Jul 5, 2007

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
In the interest of a teensy bit more context, here's the story the ESPN The Mag did on McQueary that hit today.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10542793/the-whistleblower-last-stand

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
One team is holding up the AAC schedule from being finished.
http://www.downthedrive.com/2014/3/4/5468414/bearcats-partly-to-blame-for-holding-up-aac-football-schedule

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
News: David Beasley, Corey Crawford, Shaq Anthony and Garry Peters are suspended for Clemson's opening game against UGA
Views: :cripes:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Whoa, since when did Dabo become such a disciplinarian?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The Human Cow posted:

News: David Beasley, Corey Crawford, Shaq Anthony and Garry Peters are suspended for Clemson's opening game against UGA
Views: :cripes:

I don't know who they are but if it helps us beat you guys, :getin:
Any reason given?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Seems like another SEC Rant poster to me (aside from violating adoption procedures which is obviously so god drat dumb) who was stupid enough to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to his actual identity (which, as a public official, is again so god drat dumb)

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Crawford is a starting DE and Beasley is a starting OG. Peters and Anthony were backup DB and OT respectively, but they're competing to start this year. Not the hugest deal in the world, but it definitely hurts.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

If the AAC wanted to boot them the MAC might take them. They wouldn't be one of the elite programs in facilities or tradition and nobody in their TV footprint gives a poo poo about them, but they're a good geographic fit.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spacemonkey57 posted:

If the AAC wanted to boot them the MAC might take them. They wouldn't be one of the elite programs in facilities or tradition and nobody in their TV footprint gives a poo poo about them, but they're a good geographic fit.

Toss in their basketball team and it's a deal :toot:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

The Human Cow posted:

Crawford is a starting DE and Beasley is a starting OG. Peters and Anthony were backup DB and OT respectively, but they're competing to start this year. Not the hugest deal in the world, but it definitely hurts.

Don't worry. UGA will have an equal number of suspensions by August.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Morby posted:

After reading what he had to say about Arkansas ain't no way he is getting elected there. Send him back to Mississippi/Louisiana

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Foom posted:

In the interest of a teensy bit more context, here's the story the ESPN The Mag did on McQueary that hit today.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10542793/the-whistleblower-last-stand

In the interest of more info, it also says that while at PSU, he was a compulsive gambler who owed thousands to bookies and bet on Penn State games.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

After reading what he had to say about Arkansas ain't no way he is getting elected there. Send him back to Mississippi/Louisiana

"This state is full of cousin-diddling hicks. Gee I hope they vote for me!"

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Morby posted:

Don't worry. UGA will have an equal number of suspensions by August.

That cuts to the bone

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

KKKLIP ART posted:

That cuts to the bone

injuries like that on top of suspensions and you will have another year like last year

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

DJExile posted:

Toss in their basketball team and it's a deal :toot:

It'd be a homecoming, too, since they were a founding member of the conference in 1946. And the Victory Bell would be a conference rivalry for the first time since like 1953.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dr. Foom posted:

I haven't finished reading it yet, but this:

quote:

"I knew about this a month or two after it happened," says a former teammate and friend of McQueary's. "It certainly wasn't a secret. We all heard this rumor."

Stood out to me. I remember, when I lived there, that something unusual had happened with Sandusky but us regular people had no idea what it was. Just that there was a reason he'd retired. It didn't dawn on me until just now that back in 2004-2010, whenever Sandusky came up...some of the more...in-tune people on the various PSU boards would use very specific wording about why Sandusky had retired: "to spend more time with the Second Mile." Hell of a tell right there, eh.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Qwijib0 posted:

I think we will, but I'm also delusional.

After his experience at Michigan, I doubt he wants to try leading a big-name program again, but going home is probably the best bet for him leaving, and with Dana probably losing his job that's the perfect opportunity. That being said, Arizona has been doing all the right things for football, and while it'll always be second to basketball, the commitment the school has shown to football with the new facilities is probably going to help us keep him around.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I just followed up reading the Blue Hog report; apparently he fired someone on his staff today (communications director?) and his statement was "no comment". He's also been going back on Tigerdroppings deleting posts, though I don't know how effective it is in the grand scheme of things.

Also, I don't see why we'd want him. I think his only connection to Louisiana appears to be that his daughter recieved a scholarship to play golf at LSU. Apparently she's transferred to A&M, so maybe they'll accept him in Texas. God knows all the residents ever do is talk about how goddamned big it is (as if that's a cultural thing)*.

*Texas-based posters, this doesn't mean you. I'm sure you don't give a poo poo about the size of your state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
oh for gently caress's sake, no one cares about your awful local politics, shut up

• Locked thread