Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

C2C - 2.0 posted:

He's also been going back on Tigerdroppings deleting posts, though I don't know how effective it is in the grand scheme of things.
If he's already been informed of an investigation by the judicial board into the "posting about a closed adoption proceeding" thing, then I would guess deleting evidence complete with "Edited by" timestamp is extremely counter-productive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Chump Farts posted:

injuries like that on top of suspensions and you will have another year like last year

Last year was surprisingly light on suspensions as is this year (so far {looking at you Josh Harvey-Clemons :argh: } ) so clearly we have to make it up somehow, so more walking dead action.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia's zero tolerance policy is so loving annoying.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia's zero tolerance policy is so loving annoying.

better than letting people get away with DUI's or assault your school's hockey team.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

All the zero tolerance program has done for UGA is send players to other such-and-such then they win games and the announcers always start with "former UGA player..."

That and a smug sense of superiority that we will actually cut guys or something.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

SEC: Commissioner Mike Slive told AL.com he plans to return for the 2014-15 academic year. Slive, 73, entered 2013-14 with a year remaining on his contract.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10552938/nick-saban-alabama-crimson-tide-says-pace-play-bears-closer-look

ESPN posted:

Alabama's Nick Saban isn't taking credit for the "10-second rule" that's scheduled to be voted on Thursday by the NCAA playing rules oversight panel, but he is adamant that the pace of play in college football bears a closer look as it relates to player safety.

"I don't care about getting blamed for this. That's part of it," Saban told ESPN.com. "But I do think that somebody needs to look at this very closely.

"The fastball guys (up-tempo coaches) say there's no data out there, and I guess you have to use some logic. What's the logic? If you smoke one cigarette, do you have the same chances of getting cancer if you smoke 20? I guess there's no study that specifically says that. But logically, we would say, 'Yeah, there probably is.'"

:allears:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
God drat I love that man.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nick Saban clearly has a future as a Fox News commentator.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

God drat I love that man.

Yeah, he doesn't let facts get in the way of his biased opinions.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Surely he got that backwards and meant that "logically, smoking 20 cigarettes is worse than smoking just one, even though there isn't a study that says it," right? :stare:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

wa27 posted:

Surely he got that backwards and meant that "logically, smoking 20 cigarettes is worse than smoking just one, even though there isn't a study that says it," right? :stare:

There you go, focusing on the finger instead of the moon

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Just chiming in to say that the risk associated with smoking has been pretty clearly defined in terms of the amount you need to smoke to increase your risk of cancer. Also Saban is wrong. About everything.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Sure there's no "data" that actually backs me up, but I'm like 99% sure I'm right, so logic I guess.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
can we claim a national title in analogy making

does that exist

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Scionix posted:

can we claim a national title in analogy making

does that exist

I don't think you should get a national title for that unless they are actually good analogies.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The more you smoke reds the higher the chance of your team winning a national championship.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Stunt Rock posted:

I don't think you should get a national title for that unless they are actually good analogies.

They claim a national title in football when they finished like 20 in the polls, don't put it past them.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

OSU's tombstone added to the graveyard today.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Hahaha how did I not know about the Graveyard? That's one of the cooler traditions in college football, and makes me want to like Clemson more.

edit: ESPN should spend less time on their gamecasts talking about your dumb rock and more time showing off the Graveyard

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Wait is that a real thing? They have a graveyard for teams they beat in bowl games? That is amazing.

e: oh I guess it's ranked teams on the road or at a neutral site? Still pretty funny

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Ranked teams away from home, apparently

Clemson Athletics website posted:

Clemson has garnered 57 wins over AP-ranked teams over the years, but some wins stand out. Winning over a ranked team in Death Valley is one thing, but gaining victory over a ranked team on an opponent’s home field is an extraordinary accomplishment. To document these victories, Clemson has constructed a “Graveyard” at the entrance to the Clemson practice fields behind the Jervey Athletic Center.

edit: drat you, MV. post now useless

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

Wait is that a real thing? They have a graveyard for teams they beat in bowl games? That is amazing.

e: oh I guess it's ranked teams on the road or at a neutral site? Still pretty funny

Yup, the latter.

There's also a legit cemetery located adjacent to the stadium. It's for people who have a poo poo ton of money and have given poo poo tons of money to the school... Honestly I don't know if there are any plots left in there or when the last person was buried there.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ahahaha that Clemson graveyard idea is fantastic

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
It brilliantly reflects the duality of life and death in Clemson football.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I bet they stole the idea from GTA :colbert:

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

DJExile posted:

Ahahaha that Clemson graveyard idea is fantastic

http://www.seminoles.com/trads/fsu-trads-cemetery.html

FSU has a similar thing, way before Clemson.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
What do you do for artificial fields? Also, Clemson does it better than you because their headstones are better than yours.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Counting ties as wins seems like a very Aggie thing to do, FSU.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The fact that it's just 'tough road games' rather than bowl games makes it kind of dumb I think, but it's still a pretty funny idea.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

At least they respect VT enough to warrant us being a frequent member of that club the past decade :sigh:

I do think its a funny idea, both FSU & Clemson.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I know, it'd be way funnier if it were bowl games. I want tombstones from beating up on like CUSA teams in the Tire Bowl or whatever. gently caress YOU EAST CAROLINA, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS

(I have no idea if those teams have ever played, I'm just saying)

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 5, 2014

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

VDay posted:

The fact that it's just 'tough road games' rather than bowl games makes it kind of dumb I think, but it's still a pretty funny idea.

The fact that it's anything seems like a dumb idea. It's embarrassing for anyone program with a real tradition and history of success, you expect your team to win favorite or dog, home or away. That graveyard is something VT would do because christ almighty those wins come few and far between.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I disagree. Beating a ranked team in their own home is usually more satisfying/embarrassing to them than any old bowl game.

But I see your point about commemorating a Meineke Car Care Bowl win

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Crotch Bat posted:

The fact that it's anything seems like a dumb idea. It's embarrassing for anyone program with a real tradition and history of success, you expect your team to win favorite or dog, home or away. That graveyard is something VT would do because christ almighty those wins come few and far between.

Yeah it kind of has that same quality as hanging '1986 NCAA Tournament Participants' banners, but whatever, it's part of what makes college sports fun/dumb.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
No, VT would make a big deal out of building a graveyard for future big wins and then never fill it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Ah yes, the power of Iowa football.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah that was the point of that joke, good work.

e: actually our trophy case actually has a national title in it instead of a sign promising one soon so lol

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Crotch Bat posted:

Counting ties as wins seems like a very Aggie thing to do, FSU.

t:mad:

• Locked thread