Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

RatHat posted:

For those of you saying it's too easy, are there not difficulty settings?

Remember how when you were a kid playing Final Fantasy6/7/8 and your status spells never worked on bosses, making them functionally useless? Well this game has the opposite problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

For those of you saying it's too easy, are there not difficulty settings?

I popped it up to Hardcore and it was still insanely insanely easy.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Well I'm starting to feel embarrassed, because I played on easy and found it sufficiently challenging. Sorry guys, I'm the weakest link they're slowing the game down for.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

I'm seeing the same thing here in the UK. Hopefully it's nothing, but this certainly used to show a count down to unlock and now just says "March, 2014".

Seems like there was nothing to worry about as it's Thursday morning in Finland now and it seems the game has unlocked already. Too bad I have to get to work now. :sigh:

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!
Anyone else running into issues getting the Ultimate Fellowship DLC to work on steam? I pre-ordered from Futureshop and installed the game, but when I try and activate my Ultimate Fellowship key steam just tells me that the product is already activated and does nothing. I checked the toy box the room but its still empty and I never got a pop-up saying that the bonus pack was enabled. I'm well past the tutorial at this point so that doesn't seem to be the issue. Also tried re-installing and restarting Steam but that didn't help either.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

how me a frog posted:

There is a combat mechanic (slow) that is never explained, few enemies have it (I don't know if any player classes have it) and in my playthrough I was unable to to figure out what it does. I assumed it would make me skip turns or have my turns later but that did not seem to be the case.

That's the end of my thoughts on why it seemed like a lot of things were cut out to me, now some general trip report things
Even though the mechanic slow was never explained its pretty powerful, on tough mobs I could cause them to skip a turn or two.

As for the cut content, I've done a little poking in the OAFs and the E3 demo was from an area called "Tomb" but I don't think it was moved into the main build.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 6, 2014

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Dolash posted:

Well I'm starting to feel embarrassed, because I played on easy and found it sufficiently challenging. Sorry guys, I'm the weakest link they're slowing the game down for.

How is this even possible? Like, were you born with no hands and is this your first video game?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Near the beginning of the game when you're exploring the town, there's 2 (maybe more?) girls in different spots that say you're not popular enough to be their friend. Where are they again? I found one but I don't think I've found the other again and I really don't want to re-enter every single building.

Also: Is there any point in nosejobs? I got "The Hoff" but it's impossible to see your customization with it so I'll probably take it off. Any point to the others?

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 6, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Can someone help me out? I'm stuck on Attack the School. I passed the part where you use the probe to get to the upper balcony, then slide down the rope to get to the other side, destroy the barricade and defeat Cartman's guys. Now how do I get out of here? I think Kyle said something like "use your magic to open the door" but I've tried using all my different abilities on both sets of double doors that seem like they should get me to where I haven't been before and nothing seems to work. I'm probably just not doing something correctly or missing something obvious :ohdear:

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

The Joe Man posted:

Near the beginning of the game when you're exploring the town, there's 2 (maybe more?) girls in different spots that say you're not popular enough to be their friend. Where are they again? I found one but I don't think I've found the other again and I really don't want to re-enter every single building.

One is in front of city hall, and the other is in the post office? maybe the second is in the bank.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Can someone help me out? I'm stuck on Attack the School. I passed the part where you use the probe to get to the upper balcony, then slide down the rope to get to the other side, destroy the barricade and defeat Cartman's guys. Now how do I get out of here? I think Kyle said something like "use your magic to open the door" but I've tried using all my different abilities on both sets of double doors that seem like they should get me to where I haven't been before and nothing seems to work. I'm probably just not doing something correctly or missing something obvious :ohdear:

I think you need to focus on the front door with cup-a-spell, if I'm remembering the spot right.

bunky fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 6, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bunky posted:

I think you need to focus on the front door with cup-a-spell, if I'm remembering the spot right.
Yeah I tried that but no dice :( There's an open flame at the bottom of the screen so I thought I'd need to hit that with a cup-a-spell to make something explode but it doesn't do anything.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yeah I tried that but no dice :( There's an open flame at the bottom of the screen so I thought I'd need to hit that with a cup-a-spell to make something explode but it doesn't do anything.

Just keep trying, or, if it's in some sort of glass container, shoot it first. Sometimes the aiming of the fart spells is finnicky.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

poptart_fairy posted:

Should I be hoarding money/items or using them freely? I have a terrible feeling the 'I Might Need That' problem will crop up for me...

If you want to afford every single weapon in the game, you need to hoard money very conservatively. I basically finished the game (just need one more underpant) and I'm about $50 or $75 short to buy the 3 or 4 remaining weapons.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Is any class suited to bow and arrow or is it always a secondary regardless of class?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Shoot the cup a spell toward the bottom of the screen

general chaos
May 20, 2001

Furism posted:

If you want to afford every single weapon in the game, you need to hoard money very conservatively. I basically finished the game (just need one more underpant) and I'm about $50 or $75 short to buy the 3 or 4 remaining weapons.

I guess using mug as my main attack skill paid off. Just beat the game and went on a shopping trip. Had to sell all of my junk items and consumables to just afford the achievement (what will I need them for now, right?)

Seriously, though - mug is worth ignoring, points wise. It's fine for stunning henchmen, but that's about it. Putting 4 points in for just one more turn of stun?

So the "extra money" badges and equipment. Do they affect sell prices and battle rewards or what? I didn't notice a difference.

general chaos fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Mar 6, 2014

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
And thus about 7 hours of my life went as fast as a couple of minutes. drat this game. And drat the goth kids.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Are the differences between the classes actually explained anywhere? :psyduck:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Not really but they're fairly generic RPG classes (aside from Jew which is just a Paladin.)

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Ray and Shirley posted:

Is any class suited to bow and arrow or is it always a secondary regardless of class?

Secondary is arguable. With a weapon that bounces or random hits several enemies and a good bleeding sticker that can easily be your main weapon. I was using the chakram and the +5 bleeding sticker for the end game and everything but bosses died on the first round.

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.

general chaos posted:

I guess using mug as my main attack skill paid off. Just beat the game and went on a shopping trip. Had to sell all of my junk items and consumables to just afford the achievement (what will I need them for now, right?)

Seriously, though - mug is worth ignoring, points wise. It's fine for stunning henchmen, but that's about it. Putting 4 points in for just one more turn of stun?

So the "extra money" badges and equipment. Do they affect sell prices and battle rewards or what? I didn't notice a difference.

Umm, I just used max level mug over and over on "the bard" and he never got to do anything to me. Seems pretty OP to me if it works on bosses.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Everyone talking about the battle with Al Gore makes me realize how OP my new kid was when I fought him. I beat him without even having a companion because I forgot to pick one again after the end game credits. Once I hit 14 I bought both weapons from Jimbo and nothing really stood a chance after that. I could half armor at will as a Jew and I think at one point I hit an enemy for 24,000...

This game was great though, up until right at the end when I got the godmode weapons I felt the battles were pretty challenging, I didn't always worry about upgrading my gear at least and could use something I thought was more fun without being hindered too much.

Never realized how many achievements were gained by farting on people passively in the world as well...might need to be more gaseous my next play through since I'm pretty sure I only used a mana item once in the Gentleman's oath breaking scene

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Ankle-biter posted:

Umm, I just used max level mug over and over on "the bard" and he never got to do anything to me. Seems pretty OP to me if it works on bosses.

It stops working on most bosses later on.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Where's my key 2game? Where's my key!?

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Scorps posted:

Everyone talking about the battle with Al Gore makes me realize how OP my new kid was when I fought him. I beat him without even having a companion because I forgot to pick one again after the end game credits. Once I hit 14 I bought both weapons from Jimbo and nothing really stood a chance after that. I could half armor at will as a Jew and I think at one point I hit an enemy for 24,000...

You weren't OP, you were over-leveled. I hear wolves are very easy to kill in Baldur's Gate when you are level 12, too.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Click through this app.

The difference between classes is really minute. They all have skills that basically stun, inflict a status effect(gross out, pissed off, burning, or bleeding), and strip away armor/shields.

The major difference is particularly what debuff they focus on. Mages are about burning, thieves are about stacking bleed, fighters output a ton of damage, and Jew's become more powerful the fewer HP they have and the more status effects are on them (to put it simply, Jews get stronger the more they suffer).

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dolash posted:

The amount of people having trouble with the QTEs and tutorials say you're not the only one.

(Really though this game is stupidly easy. It's like an even lighter RPG than the Mario RPGs)

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
The hardest part are the choices. Which class you're going to play first, which side, how do you want your dude to look etc.

Nthman
Nov 3, 2004

Creepy
Just finished the game and FYI there is an achievement for Beating Kenny with the Hasselhoff face at least for the PC version that is, not sure about console versions.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Man, I'm super jealous of everyone who already has the game. And a bit weirdly jealous about those of you who have already finished it. Where do you find the time to play a game for 15 hours in 2 days? :corsair:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Nthman posted:

Just finished the game and FYI there is an achievement for Beating Kenny with the Hasselhoff face at least for the PC version that is, not sure about console versions.

There's actually three related achievements for beating Kenny with dire AIDS, the Hoff, and the girl disguise.

beedeebee posted:

Man, I'm super jealous of everyone who already has the game. And a bit weirdly jealous about those of you who have already finished it. Where do you find the time to play a game for 15 hours in 2 days? :corsair:

I ask myself this every time a game comes out. I have 4 hours in and that's because I was off work Tuesday and Wednesday and that's probably the best input I've done on a game since high school.

Nthman
Nov 3, 2004

Creepy

beedeebee posted:

I had a short work day yesterday and nothing planned. Next time I looked at the clock it was 2 in the morning. I had today off with nothing but laundry planned and here we are. I havent been able to do that since highschool many many years ago.

Mr. Giggles
Nov 4, 2009

beedeebee posted:

the answer is goons

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm unemployed :shrug:

But hey, I did manage to stick it to the man and beat it with a VPN before it was officially out in Europe. No oceans, man :unsmith:

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

Sweat, Ubu. Sweat. Good paranoid schizophrenic.
This game isn't very hard so far, except for trying to unfriend Al Gore*small spoiler something you should find in day 1. Can't beat him.

Snow Job
May 24, 2006

illiniguy01 posted:

This game isn't very hard so far, except for trying to unfriend Al Gore*small spoiler something you should find in day 1. Can't beat him.

I had to run from that part with my tail between my legs. Try again on Day 2, it doesn't go away (no matter how much you probably wish it would).

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
So now the game is out in Australia, any Ausgoons managed to get their hands on an Uncensored version and want to share their secrets? :australia:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

illiniguy01 posted:

I love how purposely obnoxious it is that the only hard boss in the game purposely annoys you until you fight him.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Just finished downloading the game. Stuck in Cartman's house because I'm waiting to see how much of Not Without My Anus plays on the television. It just keeps going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

Datasmurf posted:

The hardest part are the choices. Which class you're going to play first, which side, how do you want your dude to look etc.

I wouldn't spent much time on that since you will pretty much completely change the look of your dude every 1-2 hours.

• Locked thread