Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I played up through breaking Craig out of detention and this game, holy poo poo, this game you guys :allears:

Is it just me being early on or do ranged weapons seriously outclass melee throughout the entire game? My Mongorian Bow does 3 hits at 44 damage each, plus fire, and my Billy Club can do 2 hits at 42 each and no bonus effect. It's not even close.

There's eleven gear you'll get soon that boosts the bow and later Amazon patches that basically double your bow damage output .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Ddraig posted:

I'd be careful. The Cow is super difficult, though. Probably one of the harder fights in the game.
I'll wait on it, then. Thanks.

I assume ManBearPig is also nothin' to gently caress with and I should hold off on Al Gore's detectors?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

I assume ManBearPig is also nothin' to gently caress with and I should hold off on Al Gore's detectors?

He was joking. Do the Cow right away, waiting for later is kind of pointless and devalues the reward you get.

The Al Gore quest is worth doing but the boss is probably the actual hardest in the game, but not that hard.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CapnAndy posted:

ManBearPig is a pushover.

Al Gore is not.

Also did anyone else absolutely love the girl council + makeover minigame as much as I did? I found it so funny, especially their Sparkle sparkle SUNSHINE! thing they do.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Calihan posted:

So has anyone confirmed if Steam gifting a US copy will get around the Australian censorship nonsense?

You'll need to use a VPN to unlock it, but after then you should be smooth sailing.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I would love a list of all the missable friends, equipment and Chinopokomon.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
This game gets incredibly hosed up. :stonkhat:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Macaluso posted:

ManBearPig is a pushover.

Al Gore is not.

Also did anyone else absolutely love the girl council + makeover minigame as much as I did? I found it so funny, especially their Sparkle sparkle SUNSHINE! thing they do.

I hated it. I chose a hot yet non slutty outfit. I matched my purse to my shoes, and my eye shadow to my under shirt, and I only got 6000 points. It's bullshit.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Barely into this game and it's already cracking me up (caveat: I love southpark and think it's just getting better with age)

When you break poo poo in Stan's house while Randy is sitting around drinking beer in his underwear, the first thing you break he calls for Sharon to come clean up the mess.

The second thing you break he says to you "Is this part of your game too? Breakin' poo poo?" in the hilarious deadpan delivery only Randy does. :lol:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

hemophilia posted:

I'm having a problem late-game with a bug: I have to give the snuke an abortion, and it's bugging out at the second or third step. This is on the PC release. Anyone had a similar issue?

I'm having the same bug, on the second time you vacuum the snuke it just sits there and doesn't progress. Had any progress?

edit: I loaded a past save and it worked

TheSwizzler fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 7, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Really enjoyed the game. Played through as The Jew. I didn't really feel challenged by it though. The fights were all way too loving easy.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

BiggerJ posted:

I would love a list of all the missable friends, equipment and Chinopokomon.

Only missable chinpokomon is the one on a monitor in the alien ship before the pilot.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

al-azad posted:

Only missable chinpokomon is the one on a monitor in the alien ship before the pilot.

There is more than just that one. I can't remember all of them off the top of my head, but there is one in the abortion clinic and one in Clyde's tower that you can miss out on.

Just finished getting all the friends, all chinpokomon and all equipment/weapons. That last friend was a pain in the rear end because you have to have a certain buddy with you or else they won't show up. You need to take Cartman up to his room to get Polly Prissy Pants. There are 120 friends total.

I am just missing two easy achievements that I glossed over and then I'll be 50/50. This is the only game I've actually bothered to get everything in, but I enjoyed it so much I didn't want to miss out on anything.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ghetto Prince posted:

This game gets incredibly hosed up. :stonkhat:
Yeah I just had to strip down to my underwear for the pedophile cameraman to take my passport photo :gonk:

Now I'm in 8 bit Canada, complete with an 8 bit version of O Canada playing :swoon:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

NightVis posted:

I'm having the same bug, on the second time you vacuum the snuke it just sits there and doesn't progress. Had any progress?

edit: I loaded a past save and it worked

I've done everything I can think to do. Nothing seems to be working. Briefly during that second snuke vacuum I can very very briefly use right-click to make something happen, triggering a game-over. Otherwise it does nothing and eventually becomes unresponsive.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i just beat the game, did anybody else have some really weird glitches start happening once you get to Clyde's Toweronce i beat Craigthe game would hang at a loading black screen but the game was going on behind it.

Then right after i got THAT working i walked into the room where Mr.Slave is tied up and it immediately triggered the nuke going off and the fake credits so i thought that was it and was just kinda stunned

Also oh my god those last couple of boss fights Sparrow Prince was annoying since as a Thief i couldn't just throw Bleed and Burn on him and wait. Was NOT expecting the return of Chef, let alone in Nazi Zombie form

ALSO,also Screw you guys i'm going home

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
I got the best bug, when Cartman used his Burning cloud ability the game got stuck in his farting animation complete with sound effects and fire

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is it a spoiler when I say that Al Gore is a real dick on Hardcore difficulty? I'm going to guess yes and spoiler it anyway.

When he calls in the Secret Service and they start unloading on you it's all downhill after you fail to deflect a round or two of their attacks.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That fight was over incredibly quickly for me. I was a warrior, with kyle as backup.

Beat on him until he calls backup, then use the ground stomp attack followed by Kyle's Rain of Arrows

Kills the backup almost immediately and stuns the main man himself to finish off easily.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ddraig posted:

That fight was over incredibly quickly for me. I was a warrior, with kyle as backup.

Beat on him until he calls backup, then use the ground stomp attack followed by Kyle's Rain of Arrows

Kills the backup almost immediately and stuns the main man himself to finish off easily.

I'm a Thief and only on Day 2 and I don't roll with Kyle yet so that's probably the reason since Stans attacks don't do squat, Kenny ends up dying, Jimmy's buffs aren't helping and I'm not even getting much pay off when I bust out Prof Chaos.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
Just beat the game and holy poo poo, that was phenomenal. Found myself using Butters the entire way through. Surprisingly great party member.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

AndyElusive posted:

I'm a Thief and only on Day 2 and I don't roll with Kyle yet so that's probably the reason since Stans attacks don't do squat, Kenny ends up dying, Jimmy's buffs aren't helping and I'm not even getting much pay off when I bust out Prof Chaos.

I actually beat him with Jimmy. I just kept putting the secret service to sleep and stacked a bunch of bleed on him.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Extreme end game stuff : When you're inside Mr Slaves' rear end, you can summon Mr Slave to stuff an enemy... inside his rear end... It doesn't do anything special but jesus did doing it make me laugh really hard.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BORK! BORK! posted:

I actually beat him with Jimmy. I just kept putting the secret service to sleep and stacked a bunch of bleed on him.

I'm going to try this out tomorrow cus I've been playing this loving awesome and stupid game for too many hours today.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm one level away from beating the game now, having just beaten Nazi Zombie Chef and seen Princess Kenny take the Stick of Truth.

Jesus Christ, the entire Mr. Slave's rear end level was positively disgusting :barf: I mean it was hilarious, but still. Ughhhhhhh.

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do

Prokhor posted:

Extreme end game stuff : When you're inside Mr Slaves' rear end, you can summon Mr Slave to stuff an enemy... inside his rear end... It doesn't do anything special but jesus did doing it make me laugh really hard.

It's an achievement actually.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I love that if you max out your mana and try to gain more, you poo poo your pants. :allears:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Prokhor posted:

That's meta as gently caress.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fellatio del Toro posted:

The magic tutorials were frustrating until I realized that the prompt wasn't actually trying to tell you to rotate the left stick back and forth.

Yeah they did a really bad job of explaining that. Magic/farting is just flat out confusing and the prompts they use in the tutorials are misleading. I just don't use it unless I have to for a story section because it seems pretty unnecessary .

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 7, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Prokhor posted:

I did the same thing and could not stop loving laughing at what I was able to do.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

al-azad posted:

There's eleven gear you'll get soon that boosts the bow and later Amazon patches that basically double your bow damage output .

By the end of the game I was pulling 5000+ damage hits with a pink vibrator. That combined with the ridiculous armor rating I had (in the ballpark of 300+) and I was a melee juggernaut. My specials couldn't come close to doing as much damage as my standard attacks; only "magic" trumped it. I alternated buddies to set it up too. Butters is EASILY one the most powerful party members by the end of the game, and Jimmy's no slouch either. Prof Chaos did wonders, but so did the ol' Brown Note.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Kenny is a good buddy too, largely because he can't die.

Grouchy Smurf
Mar 12, 2012

"Interesting Quote"
-Interesting guy
So, I bought the game and I have a really hard time doing the QTE for attacks.
And by hard time I mean that I can't even pass the tutorial, when it asks you to make your first PP attack.

I believe it has something to do with my G19 keyboard and its primitive way of key ghosting.
Anyone experienced anything similar? A Google search reveals nothing.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Barracuda Bang! posted:

I think that may be on purpose. It did it for me too and after a super long time, I got the prompt to skip

Man, seriously? I thought it was funny when they made me skip the first two times he does it, I don't know why they thought they'd make me sit through that for a subjective forever. My character started flickering, too, which is why I just reloaded and then said gently caress it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

First Bass posted:

Man, seriously? I thought it was funny when they made me skip the first two times he does it, I don't know why they thought they'd make me sit through that for a subjective forever. My character started flickering, too, which is why I just reloaded and then said gently caress it.

You never have to skip any of them, you can wait each time and he will finish, it is rude to interrupt a studderer.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not sure how the South Park game is one of the better RPG's, both story and mechanics, but here we are.One more reason why Obsidian is my favorite developer.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AndyElusive posted:

I beat him as a Thief on Day 2 with Butters. It's imperative to block his opening sleep attacks so you get a full turn. Pop a Speed pot on yourself then unload Execute in turn 1 to dump some of his armor and when your Speed pot hits nail Gore with a ranged/melee fart attack, preferably one that will give him a debuff(I used a bow with fire strap-on). As Butters pop a Strength pot on your main guy then just whack Gore. He'll call in the troops next. Pop another Speed pot and use the 2 turns to Mug the top agent(with the rifle) and hit the lower rifle agent with a ranged/melee fart attack. Go Professor Chaos on them next and you should have the lower rifle agent on the ropes and dead within a turn or so. If you get the Screwed debuff use a Cure and keep one of the rifle agents stunned as they're far more dangerous than the melee agent. Once one goes down go after the other then you can choose to focus down Gore or get the last agent.

As long as you have 2-3 health/Speed/Revive on you at around level 10-11 you can do it without much struggle. The fart attacks do shitloads of damage, I could almost one-shot the rifle agents with my ranged fart attack. Professor Chaos will also either deal a good bit of damage or buy you 1-2 turns with no damage if you get his shields.

It's definitely the hardest fight in the game but as long as you've been gathering gear and supplies properly you should be fine. There's not a lot of other fights that really require you to pound consumables like this one can so don't hesitate to blow a lot of them. If your main guy is really dealing high damage just constantly use one character to buff him with a Speed pot, attacking twice in a round makes a huge difference.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Anybody else order through Game.co.uk? Release day is here and still sitting on an unshipped

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
This game is so amazing. I love all the fan service, and all the little touches. When you let your character idle too long and you and your buddy pull out your cell phones and start loving around was such a great little addition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
My favorite buddies were Jimmy and Stan for his thousand cuts special which knocked off a bunch of armor from enemies towards the end.

rabidcowfromhell posted:

This game is so amazing. I love all the fan service, and all the little touches. When you let your character idle too long and you and your buddy pull out your cell phones and start loving around was such a great little addition.

It's great when your character does this when everyone is waiting for you to do something towards the end of the game.

• Locked thread