Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larz2021
Feb 2, 2001
Are some of the Chinpokomon just totally ungettable if you miss them during initial playthru? I missed out on Pteradaken and now I cant get back to the spot where the guide says he is...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:

Starhawk64 posted:

I don't understand why people have such a hard time with the button mashing. I just mashed the buttons like crazy and managed to pass it. The game is alot easier to play with a 360 pad.

Some people have trouble pressing buttons that quickly, the toilet QTE in this game is super hard for me.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

feraltennisprodigy posted:

Some people have trouble pressing buttons that quickly, the toilet QTE in this game is super hard for me.

Depends, to me the A on a 360 controller isn't super ergonomic but I can hammer a keyboard number key a dozen times a second.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

SpazmasterX posted:

I redboxed this to shoot through it. Only managed to miss 7 friends, 3 of which were apparently permanently missable. :mad: I'll definitely buy this eventually though, and I'm looking forward to sequels or anything really. Was there any better armor and weaponry than the Knight set and the Sweet Katana?

I thought the pink floppy dildo you pick up near the end of the game was a better weapon than the katana. I know it had an Up arrow in the item screen. I don't think there were any better armors, though - the higher level ones, in my opinion, had much less useful bonuses.

GreatGreen posted:

To me, the only thing that really keeps the game from being perfect for what it could be is that you never really get to go to any true "fictional" realms in the South Park mythology. You don't get to visit Heaven, Hell, or Imaginationland. Even though the environments you do get to visit are varied, the "fantasy" realms in South Park are really epic and over the top and I think they would have fit perfectly in this game. Maybe I'm just spoiled, but I kind of found the game's world just a bit... plain? I mean it's incredibly dense and well realized and there was obviously a ton of work put into it, and I loved the parts that were there, but when you've seen so many South Park characters battle in and explore all those other cool rear end places over the years, it really makes me wish I could too.

I haven't given up hope for the expansion pack though. Hopefully they'll make one.

I thought it was a bit much to expect a ton of other locations once I saw how much care had gone into the South Park map. Maybe, if we get a sequel in the same engine, they'll have time to make Hell or Imaginationland, but I was pretty happy just to get to go to Canada, and there were plenty of cool, offbeat locales like the alien ship or the inside of the walls. But I really liked all the detail that went into creating the areas we had available to us.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Finished the game earlier today as a Fighter on Hardcore and, yeah, it's super easy to the point where I only game overed twice (Al Gore the first time, and then the mousetrap when I wasn't paying attention :v:). Don't mind though; much rather it be easy and fun than too difficult or longwinded. Working on postgame cleanup, and I don't think I missed anything permanent, but dunno yet. We'll see.

Anyway, while doing this I figured that by now that locked building to the left of the Rhinoplasty would have something in it. The office-y building, with just a woman sat at a desk who never speaks unless you fart on her or something. Checked at the very beginning of the game, and got nothing from it so I went back now. Still can't seem to find anything there, and not for a lack of trying. Bit weird that it'd be locked when there's nothing in it but like 2 pieces of destructible environment, though. I know if it does have something it's not gonna be that major, since the map has no (important) treasure listed at least.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Goddamn. 2 game breaking bugs in a row. I'm just gonna return this loving game to Redbox. My last 3 hours of play have been replaying old saves trying to get one that doesn't crash the game on a certain fight, then I finally find one and within 15 minutes I run into another bug that makes it impossible to progress. the fart wont blow the front door of the school up after the part where butters is launching poo at you. I even looked up multiple walkthroughs to make sure I was doing it right

Any fun I was having is completely overshadowed by this bullshit. gently caress this game.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Wow, you can get _________nosejobs________!

How do you like mine? I think it really brings out my eyes.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

SpazmasterX posted:

I redboxed this to shoot through it. Only managed to miss 7 friends, 3 of which were apparently permanently missable. :mad: I'll definitely buy this eventually though, and I'm looking forward to sequels or anything really. Was there any better armor and weaponry than the Knight set and the Sweet Katana?

The crab people set have the best armour, I think. I used that and the knight gauntlets with the fairy princess blade, since it ignores armour.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Missed a single Chinpokomon during my entire playthrough and just realized I can't go back and get it, which simultaneously renders the three largest achievements (completion-based) impossible. Cool

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I wonder if Costume Quest influenced the game. The jingle when you get new equipment, or finishing a battle, made me think about it.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

Wow, you can get _________nosejobs________!

How do you like mine? I think it really brings out my eyes.

I spent maybe half the game with this nosejob.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

NESguerilla posted:

Goddamn. 2 game breaking bugs in a row. I'm just gonna return this loving game to Redbox. My last 3 hours of play have been replaying old saves trying to get one that doesn't crash the game on a certain fight, then I finally find one and within 15 minutes I run into another bug that makes it impossible to progress. the fart wont blow the front door of the school up after the part where butters is launching poo at you. I even looked up multiple walkthroughs to make sure I was doing it right

Any fun I was having is completely overshadowed by this bullshit. gently caress this game.

Did you launch the flaming poo yourself to light the barricade on fire and make sure you're using the right fart? If so, sorry about the bug. :(

Squallege posted:

I spent maybe half the game with this nosejob.

I think there's an achievement for beating the game with it.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

SpazmasterX posted:

Did you launch the flaming poo yourself to light the barricade on fire and make sure you're using the right fart? If so, sorry about the bug. :(

I think there's an achievement for beating the game with it.

There is. There's like three trophies just for beating the final boss with varying conditions. All you can do at once.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So in an effort to make the girls like me, I ended up dressed up like a girl, wearing surgical scrubs, giving an abortion to Randy Marsh (who was also dressed like a girl), before being attacked by nazi zombie Kardashian fetuses.

That... that escalated quickly.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SpazmasterX posted:

Yeah, I did that and it's on fire but the farts don't do anything. :( Tried every fart from every direction at least 50 times each.

It' a real shame because I really like the game. I think this is the first time I have ever been totally unable to complete a game because of bugs.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I have no idea why the nazi zombies are so loving hilarious to me. I don't mean, like, a little funny or something, pretty much any time they show up I'm cracking up. I don't know why.

This game is awesome, the extra time Ubisoft gave Obsidian to do polish work really paid off. It's so nice to see them not get hosed by a publisher for once.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

Yeah, I did that and it's on fire but the farts don't do anything. :( Tried every fart from every direction at least 50 times each.

It' a real shame because I really like the game. I think this is the first time I have ever been totally unable to complete a game because of bugs.

It seems people are having far less problems with the PC version. I haven't had any problems, though Alt+Tabbing did mess up the cutscenes once. Perhaps snap that up instead?

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

NESguerilla posted:

I had that bug and restarting the game fixed it (not the whole thing).

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

beedeebee posted:

So, I'm at the end of day 1. I'm getting abducted by aliens and I have to clench my rectum by mashing A really fast. I can't mash a button that fast, I get 3/4th of the meter. Max. Is there a way to skip this?

The button mash QTEs blow. (Whereas, personally, I had zero issue with the various fart tutorials or the abortion or DDR mini games that people in this thread have complained about a whole bunch. I have a suspicion that the former in particular is much easier with a gamepad.)

After spending like two hours on and off trying to get through the abduction I got fed up and made an AutoHotkey Script that mashed 'S' 15 times in a row instantly and got past it with one button press.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RustyTrombone posted:

I had that bug and restarting the game fixed it (not the whole thing).

poo poo, maybe there is still hope then. My last bug wasn't fixed by restarting so I just kind of assumed this one was the same. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The only thing I personally had a problem with was the second part of the abortion minigame, like I said before they do a terrible job telling you what you're supposed to be doing (Don't try to be careful or pay attention to the prompt, just rotate the stick as fast as you can). All the fart tutorials after the very first one were easy for me, and I didn't have that much trouble with the button mashing or rhythm QTEs either. This was on a Dualshock 4.

I think they should tone down the button mashing, though. If you have to tap the button like a madman or need to resort to autohotkey scripts/foreign objects to pass those QTEs, I think that's just bad game design.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

SwissCM posted:

It seems people are having far less problems with the PC version. I haven't had any problems, though Alt+Tabbing did mess up the cutscenes once. Perhaps snap that up instead?

I've had a couple of bugs on the PC version that needed a reset, but fortunately both times I had an autosave from a minute previously.
First one was during the counter attack tutorial where I'd block the attacks, the dude falls over and then nothing happens and everyone just stands there. Cartman didn't even say his bit explaining that I could now counter. This happened twice when I messed up the block the first time, but the time I got it right first time everything went as normal.
Second was knocking down a ladder when I was right below it. My character immediately got stuck in the ladder climbing animation but wouldn't move.

Matthaeus
Aug 1, 2013

CaptainPsyko posted:

The button mash QTEs blow. (Whereas, personally, I had zero issue with the various fart tutorials or the abortion or DDR mini games that people in this thread have complained about a whole bunch. I have a suspicion that the former in particular is much easier with a gamepad.)

After spending like two hours on and off trying to get through the abduction I got fed up and made an AutoHotkey Script that mashed 'S' 15 times in a row instantly and got past it with one button press.

Yeah the second anal probe can be difficult with a keyboard. The problem with the fart tutorials lie with how key presses are portrayed where it looks like you are supposed to alternate keys if you miss the little arrow on the edge of the wavelength. It is more evident what you need to do when you use a controller.

dmccaff
Nov 8, 2010
I'm playing this on the 360 and I find the character voice audio to be quite 'echo-ey' and tough to hear at times. It's definitely not my TV. Has anyone else experienced this?

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.
The game would be much improved for PC if:

1. They explained that there are arrows you move around on the fart frequency thing. Once I figured out it wasn't a press buttons in order it got much easier.
2. They let you know that dancing required arrow keys, wasd doesn't register.
3. They toned down button mashing requirements for keyboard users.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Yo, how do I proceed in Canada? I was told to talk to the Earl of Winnipeg but all anyone talks about is stupid Dire Bears?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Yo, how do I proceed in Canada? I was told to talk to the Earl of Winnipeg but all anyone talks about is stupid Dire Bears?

There are Dire Bears in the top right of the town which you need to kill.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Reveilled posted:

There are Dire Bears in the top right of the town which you need to kill.

The guard won't let me through.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

The guard won't let me through.

Speak to the earl, he should give you a mission to kill the dire bears.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Unknownone posted:

Speak to the earl, he should give you a mission to kill the dire bears.

He does not. He says he wants pelts to make robes, but no quest. My most recent quest is still telling me to show him the documents.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

gently caress the black anal probe . I've spent a half an hour and can't beat it with my keyboard or my controller.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

He does not. He says he wants pelts to make robes, but no quest. My most recent quest is still telling me to show him the documents.

That's not working right then. Might want to reload a save from before you walked into Winnipeg. You're supposed to talk to him, get a new quest to go kill the dire bears in town, do that, and then go back to him and get told about your next step.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Foma posted:

3. They toned down button mashing requirements for keyboard users.

:colbert:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Kenny by far still my favorite party member, his specials are great.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Whale Cancer posted:

gently caress the black anal probe . I've spent a half an hour and can't beat it with my keyboard or my controller.

If you have a controller on the PC version just mash A while hitting the appropriate keyboard button.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I think a lot of the strength in South Park's writing comes from their ability to take a single dumb joke to ridiculous lengths. Case in point (night 2 spoilers) the part where you shrink down and your parents have dirty sex. At first it's subtle. You can hear their sex noises from behind the wall and you're like "oh that's pretty hosed up haha." Then you get into the room and can actually see them going at it in graphic detail. Then you end up actually fighting under their swinging genitalia.

They just keep upping the ante until the joke is almost not funny anymore.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

I think a lot of the strength in South Park's writing comes from their ability to take a single dumb joke to ridiculous lengths. Case in point (night 2 spoilers) the part where you shrink down and your parents have dirty sex. At first it's subtle. You can hear their sex noises from behind the wall and you're like "oh that's pretty hosed up haha." Then you get into the room and can actually see them going at it in graphic detail. Then you end up actually fighting under their swinging genitalia.

Almost.

That part had me cracking up so hard by the end I woke up the neighbours.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Finished the game on my PC last night. The Stick of Truth was easy, disgusting, outrageous and funny as poo poo. Towards the end I felt like they were using too many old jokes from the show, but it was still great and I do appreciate the fan service. Didn't run into any bugs. The best game of the year so far and I hope they release some good DLC for this.

PantsBandit posted:

I'm surprised how much I enjoyed the way they stretched Jimmy's stuttering to the extreme. They just went on for such a ridiculously long time that the joke went full circle and ended up being funny as hell again.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Frungy! posted:

Finished the game on my PC last night. The Stick of Truth was easy, disgusting, outrageous and funny as poo poo. Towards the end I felt like they were using too many old jokes from the show, but it was still great and I do appreciate the fan service. Didn't run into any bugs. The best game of the year so far and I hope they release some good DLC for this.

I'm surprised how much I enjoyed the way they stretched Jimmy's stuttering to the extreme. They just went on for such a ridiculously long time that the joke went full circle and ended up being funny as hell again.

I loved the first time it happened. It just kept going on and on and eventually the "press space to skip" appeared on it's own as if to say "yeah dude he's not letting up".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

There was also the joke with the skip button at the very end. When the evil government guy starts his long monologue about his evil plot while Cartman bitches about how "can't we skip this?". If you try to skip the game tells you that you can't. :3:

• Locked thread