Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

I don't know what the hell Icefrog is going to do for the next balance patch. Maybe as time goes on people will find the one true 6.80 star but right now this metagame is really good.

Nerf Mirana+Lycan slightly, fix brood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Mirana does not need to be nerfed at all. :cmon:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I feel like current Brood could make it in untouched. Earth Spirit needs reworks in general, so I'd hold him off, TB and LC seem fine, and I have no idea about Phoenix. Caveat: I'm bad.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Pigbuster posted:

I don't know what the hell Icefrog is going to do for the next balance patch. Maybe as time goes on people will find the one true 6.80 star but right now this metagame is really good.

Pure carries are a bit underpicked right now, except for Luna. Whether that means Luna is overpowered or everyone else in that class is underpowered is up to the reader to decide, but more and more semi-carries like Mirana or Doom who were just not quite good enough for the 1 position are suddenly at the front.

So, you may not be seeing as much Chaos Knight or Alchemist as you used to. On the other hand, what is deadDeadDEADDEADDEAD is Lancer, and thank gently caress for miracles.

Phantasmal
Jun 6, 2001

mikeraskol posted:

If you asked me to name one hero I expected to be nerfed in 6.81, I would answer Mirana with absolutely no hesitation. She's the 2nd most picked hero in 6.80, and now that teams have largely stopped trying to run her as a traditional 1, her comp win rate in 6.80 is 57.4%. Meanwhile in pub games, she's the most drafted hero in highly rated pubs and has a ~54% win rate at the same time. She might get off lightly with a minor nerf to her base int or Arrow's mana cost, but she's easily the safest bet to get hit in the next patch.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

A hero with a 55% winrate in very high that is useful everywhere in every role and has 4 great abilities yet very few mana problems.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
About the only thing I can think of to do to Mirana is make arrow a shorter stun followed by a slow. So Mirana still has a chance to secure a kill against someone running away, but alternatively the target can TP out during the slow duration.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Nanomashoes posted:

A hero with a 55% winrate in very high that is useful everywhere in every role and has 4 great abilities yet very few mana problems.

I see Mirana in nearly every game and she's annoying as hell, but I don't know what you would nerf about her. Arrow is great, Moonlight Shadow is great, but how do you change them to not make them worthless?

I don't see any really necessary nerfs, honestly. Buff Earth Spirit somehow and port LC/Terrorblade/Phoenix into CM, everything will work out.

Bossie Lott
Nov 21, 2010
Mirana's arrow needs to just not have a retarded hitbox.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Bossie Lott posted:

That'll make it worse. The retarded hitbox is why so many regular people have trouble with hitting creeps, but it's also what keeps people who know the hitbox from getting greedy with the arrow. Guys like Sing will use the smaller hitbox to just thread the needle through the haystack of creeps and make even more ridiculously good skillshots.

So yeah, it's a nerf to people who don't really bother to learn aiming and fire and forget it, but you've given even more power to the people who are loving fantastic at aiming.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 10, 2014

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
S A N D B O Y S

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

That'll make it worse. The retarded hitbox is why so many regular people have trouble with hitting creeps, but it's also what keeps people who know the hitbox from getting greedy with the arrow. Guys like Sing will use the smaller hitbox to just thread the needle through the haystack of creeps and make even more ridiculously good skillshots.

So yeah, it's a nerf to people who don't really bother to learn aiming and fire and forget it, but you've given even more power to the people who are loving fantastic at aiming.

yeah but at the moment it can be ridiculously bullshit because it will outright not touch you, but you get stunned anyway because the hitbox is retarded

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
If C9 loses to jungle Lycan they should uninstall.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Craptacular! posted:

You are greatly underestimating how much the current hitbox helps even amazing Mirana players.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
loving hell does ayesee ever stop talking and saying dumb poo poo

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Bossie Lott posted:

Pretty much this, maybe a small nerf to moonlight shadow for good measure.
Also something to nerf necrobook gaming would be nice.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Aui protects his Chen creeps better than anyone I've ever seen

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

KyloWinter posted:

loving hell does ayesee ever stop talking and saying dumb poo poo

do you want the short or the long answer

envy your greed is limitless

Reoxygenation fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 10, 2014

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Caustic Finale kill!?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Meat Recital posted:

It's global for (ranged) heroes and the active makes it global for minions.

Ok, something's gotta be wrong here. I've been paying really close attention to this, and it seems like Visage minions actually get the bonus not only when the ability is activated, but also when they move into a specific range to Drow. Either some remnant of the old versions of the ability hasn't been removed or this is intentional.

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008
EE dying twice for no reason. God I wish c9 would drop him.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Stoven posted:

Or not replace SingSing at mid with Demon and not have bone7. This is not beneficial to them.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Stoven posted:

He died for a perfectly good reason: he didn't buy a bkb.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Reoxygenation posted:

do you want the short or the long answer

envy your greed is limitless

all he does is miscast

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Demon getting blown up there was hilarious.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Teams are losing to jungle Lycan in TPOOL 6.80.

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012
ward his jungle and gank him.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
3 bugs too strong

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Punish RTZ = win game. Dont punish RTZ = lose game. It's not that complicated.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

NA Dota continues to be worst Dota.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
gently caress you jimmy ho!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Since supposedly Aui has said that he can play through any lag below 160 ping, it doesn't make sense for C9 at this point to not kick Envy and pick up Black.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

bakka bakka posted:

The no-bkb NA meta is not working out.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
If only they had Black they would have harassed RTZ out of the jungle.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Busted wing count: 2^2217

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

Meat Recital posted:

If only they had Black they would have harassed RTZ out of the jungle.

I get what you're saying but it's C9's destiny to win Ti4 to kick Envy first.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

bakka bakka posted:

Yeah what a horrible series, NADOTA disband plz

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Wish Fogged was solo casting this

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Firebatgyro posted:

Yeah what a horrible series, NADOTA disband plz

Unironically this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012
I wish boner-san had his visa problems solved.

• Locked thread