Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Jesus motherfucking Christ, the dilation scene. I can't do it. I rotate the stick counter-clockwise until Randy says to stop, but I can't stop. I've tried mashing every button and rotating every stick. I've even tried pulling the batteries out of my controller just when he tells me to stop. gently caress this stupid minigame.

EDIT: Okay, finally managed it. Every time I tried to Google an answer I mostly got descriptions of how to perform an actual abortion.

OMG JC a Bomb! fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Jesus motherfucking Christ, the dilation scene. I can't do it. I rotate the stick counter-clockwise until Randy says to stop, but I can't stop. I've tried mashing every button and rotating every stick. I've even tried pulling the batteries out of my controller just when he tells me to stop. gently caress this stupid minigame.

Just keep rotating, it stopped on its own for me. I literally just spun the stick until it moved to the next section.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

It's pretty straightforward - just going rotating. Pay attention to the direction arrows. Counterclockwise, as I recall.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

South Park: The Stick of Truth - I'm Having Trouble with the Abortion Minigame/Fart Tutorials.

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Abortion FAQ

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Mar 10, 2014

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The button mashing is by far the games weakest point besides the easy combat. There's a few out of the blue button mashes that aren't prompted by the player (like in the last boss fight when I suddenly had to kick the baby) and those are the easiest to miss because you don't get to retry them.

The Witcher 2 let you turn off quicktime events and turned them into pure cutscenes if you didn't want to deal with it. I hope they release a patch later on to do the same with South Park.

Edit: So this game is a smashing success right? Any info on how badly Obsidian are being screwed this time around?

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Mar 10, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

I think a lot of the strength in South Park's writing comes from their ability to take a single dumb joke to ridiculous lengths. Case in point (night 2 spoilers) the part where you shrink down and your parents have dirty sex. At first it's subtle. You can hear their sex noises from behind the wall and you're like "oh that's pretty hosed up haha." Then you get into the room and can actually see them going at it in graphic detail. Then you end up actually fighting under their swinging genitalia.

They just keep upping the ante until the joke is almost not funny anymore.

Is that something that is easy to miss. I think I was in day 3 the last time I played and that didn't happen in my game.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Demiurge4 posted:

Any info on how badly Obsidian are being screwed this time around?

I don't know but they got another 84 on metacritic :suicide:

3dou
Jun 17, 2013

The best kind of sex is VHS.

NESguerilla posted:

Is that something that is easy to miss. I think I was in day 3 the last time I played and that didn't happen in my game.

Not easy to miss at all. Pretty much impossible actually; it's part of the storyline (not what they're doing, but what YOU'RE doing).

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Jerusalem posted:

One of my favorite things about South Park is how often the adults get wrapped up in the kids' make-believe. Stuff like all the citizens getting wrapped up in following Mysterion as a real vigilante; or the revelation that everybody in town is fully aware that there is a Professor Chaos and General Disarray out there up to no good; or the Police buying into the kids as "Junior Detectives" and sending them into a strip club to bust up a crime ring; Craig as The Chosen One etc.
Well yeah, they do that, but we never see the kids get into fights with adults. Usually, when the kids confront aggressive adults, the adults somehow end up killing themselves through their stupidity.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Baron Bifford posted:

Well yeah, they do that, but we never see the kids get into fights with adults. Usually, when the kids confront aggressive adults, the adults somehow end up killing themselves through their stupidity.

Cartman once beat up that midget.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Scorchy posted:

I don't know but they got another 84 on metacritic :suicide:

I checked this right when it was released and it was an 84 then too. I hope Ubisoft doesn't have some jackass bonus plan based on whether or not some douchebag from Gamespot thought it was too gross or something.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The PS3 version is 86 though.

Edit: Just checked and the Xbox version is 82, so I guess it all averages out to 84.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Edit: This isn't the review thread I guess.

Baloogan fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Mar 10, 2014

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Baron Bifford posted:

We get both in Wing where the kids are actually the aggressor and get into an extended firefight that the adults kill themselves in.

But I agree that the adults reacting to the kids is one of the consistently funnier aspects. I love the hot wheels police chase in Cartoon Wars ("Stay on them!") or when they did a dated Speed parody with Timmy and a time traveling device.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It was already mentioned earlier in the thread, but Kenny and Gerald (Kyle's dad) having a duel over the Princess in Major Boobage is a pretty amazing example of a kid/adult fight.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
To be fair they're both really, really high.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I actually like the fights between kids and adults in this. While most of the boys' adventures can be chalked up to make-believe, sometimes they get into situations where poo poo gets extremely real (Crime Stoppers comes to mind.)

I mean, most of the weapons in this game are things that could do some legitimate damage, so I kind of like to think as the new kid as being the perfect sociopath that can really thrive in an environment like South Park. So when he wins fights with kids and adults it's because he's legitimately beating them with a pipe.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Yeah, it's hard to pretend it's make believe when my character is wielding an actual sword and is chucking broken beer bottles that he found in the sewers, and Butters is bashing my enemies' skulls in with a ball-peen hammer.

I feel kinda bad beating up the kinder-gardeners whenever I want to test a equipment setup or skill.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
There seems to (maybe?) be a sweet spot in keyboard button-mashing. I slow down very slightly and it seems to work better. But who knows, the mashing requirements for each event might be different.

I think the best way to test this is the pooping mash you do at any toilet. The bar doesn't seem to rise quite as fast when you're hammering the button with two fingers but slow down slightly and it jumps right up.

I don't have a buttonodometer so who knows if this is accurate.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Starhawk64 posted:

The cow is at the farm, you have to put the cow bell rope that's on the gate. Be careful, the Farm Cow one of the toughest fights in the game.

I got a weird bug with the farm cow. It was the first big game hunting animal I went after, and I hit it with my weapon in the overworld map to start combat and it just fell over dead.

I was a little disappointed because I assumed that this was what the whole side quest would be like, but nope, got to fight all the other ones. Did this happen to anyone else?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

zoomdog posted:

I got a weird bug with the farm cow. It was the first big game hunting animal I went after, and I hit it with my weapon in the overworld map to start combat and it just fell over dead.

I was a little disappointed because I assumed that this was what the whole side quest would be like, but nope, got to fight all the other ones. Did this happen to anyone else?

:thejoke:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Starhawk64 posted:

Yeah, it's hard to pretend it's make believe when my character is wielding an actual sword and is chucking broken beer bottles that he found in the sewers, and Butters is bashing my enemies' skulls in with a ball-peen hammer.

I feel kinda bad beating up the kinder-gardeners whenever I want to test a equipment setup or skill.

It's not hard to believe at first when your first ranged is a bow that fires suction cup arrows. When I got the bar darts I was feeling kinda sorry for hitting my mom with it.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
All the keyboard users should really setup an autohotkey script to automate the button mashing sequences.

Here's an example of how to setup the A and S keys using autohotkey to send 10 key presses at 20 millisecond intervals per one actual key press:

code:
A::
SendMode Event
SetKeyDelay, 20
Send aaaaaaaaaa
return

S::
SendMode Event
SetKeyDelay, 20
Send ssssssssss
return

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Yo, how do I proceed in Canada? I was told to talk to the Earl of Winnipeg but all anyone talks about is stupid Dire Bears?
That seems to be bugged, since after having had the same issue, I read tons of complaints about this on the web. Gotta either wait for a patch or hope I have a save not far removed from that part of the game.

--edit: I found an early save and it still bugs out. :(

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 10, 2014

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Are we even sure that the kids are killing adults or that they're just beating them up? If you bother to hit or fart on downed enemies, all of them (save for monsters and animals) will groan and react. You're not killing anything that isn't a wolf, or a rat or a Nazi zombie or visitor. Also maybe the Underpants Gnomes.

Al Gore definitely doesn't die either, since he contacts you later and comes back for another fight.

I mean, adults do die but it's never you as the direct cause.

edit: Aaaand furthermore, all of the adults in this game who you end up attacking are either just plain crazy or are actively trying to kill you (or both).

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

Are we even sure that the kids are killing adults or that they're just beating them up? If you bother to hit or fart on downed enemies, all of them (save for monsters and animals) will groan and react. You're not killing anything that isn't a wolf, or a rat or a Nazi zombie or visitor. Also maybe the Underpants Gnomes.

Al Gore definitely doesn't die either, since he contacts you later and comes back for another fight.

I mean, adults do die but it's never you as the direct cause.

edit: Aaaand furthermore, all of the adults in this game who you end up attacking are either just plain crazy or are actively trying to kill you (or both).

You're overthinking it. It doesn't matter if the kids are actually killing hobos or not because there's no set consequence to anything in this world.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Demiurge4 posted:

Almost.

That part had me cracking up so hard by the end I woke up the neighbours.

I'm really glad in my casual looking at streams before launch I didn't spoil that part, especially the Matrix nutsack dodge.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hakkesshu posted:

You're overthinking it. It doesn't matter if the kids are actually killing hobos or not because there's no set consequence to anything in this world.

Just a reminder that Cartman killed a kid's parents and then confessed to it while he made the kid eat their remains and nothing happened so let's not try to overthink things too much

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Asema posted:

Just a reminder that Cartman killed a kid's parents and then confessed to it while he made the kid eat their remains and nothing happened so let's not try to overthink things too much

Well in Cartman's defense you really shouldn't sell someone pubes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Asema posted:

To be...fair(?!) HE didn't kill the kid's parents. He indirectly got them killed.

Of course he did hack them up himself and put them in the chili but :v:

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I've only encountered one consistent bug so far. If you go up to Jimmy in the Elf Stronghold and talk to him without letting go of the movement key and stopping movement first (for me it was always up, or W), the game wouldn't recognize that I'd let go of the button and would cause my character to just keep trying to go up, so I wouldn't be able to progress due to being stuck at the top of the screen.

The kids aren't killing any other people. Pretty much every kid and adult you fight can be farted on to get a response. They're just playing, after all!

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo
You can only, like, customize and equip your main dude, right? It's just me and Butters so far, and I can't seem to do anything about what he's wearing/skills he's learning.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
You can only customize your own guy. It's okay though cause the buddies all manage themselves and level up with you. Also it might be a little game breaky if you could, say, put thorns on Butters. Not that the game isn't pretty easy anyway but still.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Hakkesshu posted:

Well everyone seemed all uptight over fighting with adults for some reason, I guess it was just "MAH CANON!" and not over the moral implications.

I had no problems whatsoever with it, I was just trying to rationalize it on their behalf.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I feel shame

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Macaluso posted:

You can only customize your own guy. It's okay though cause the buddies all manage themselves and level up with you. Also it might be a little game breaky if you could, say, put thorns on Butters. Not that the game isn't pretty easy anyway but still.

Hopefully if there's a sequel, with longer length, they'll let you manage your buddies' equipment as well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

Well in Cartman's defense you really shouldn't sell someone pubes.

Crap. I sold a lot of pubes in this game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

King Vidiot posted:

Well everyone seemed all uptight over fighting with adults for some reason, I guess it was just "MAH CANON!" and not over the moral implications.

I had no problems whatsoever with it, I was just trying to rationalize it on their behalf.

I love how some people are having moral issues in a SOUTH PARK game, I can understand it, its just hilarious to me, that aside, its a good game, little buggy but all Obsidian games are.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I want to like the Mage class, but having come off of beating the game with a Jew, I'm pretty disappointed with the class when it seems like there are quite a few boss / sub-boss encounters that are resistant or even completely immune to every special the class has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

5er posted:

I want to like the Mage class, but having come off of beating the game with a Jew, I'm pretty disappointed with the class when it seems like there are quite a few boss / sub-boss encounters that are resistant or even completely immune to every special the class has.

Yeah, I've been running mage and boss battles can be a little annoying. It makes sense though, if bosses were susceptible to stun it would just be ridiculously broken. The abilities are still viable though. (ability spoilers ahead) Volt sometimes does decent damage, sometimes doesn't. The lightning shield is nasty though and will do high true damage to anyone that attacks you. Dragon's breath can melt armor at later levels and burning is a pretty good dot status effect. The football attack seems to always do good damage. The fire extinguisher is sick too as it inflicts attack down, defense down, does damage AND slows and virtually nobody is immune to it.

Really you should be relying on status effects to do most of your damage as a mage, especially on bosses.

• Locked thread