Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Is there an easy way to tell if a weapon is 2 handed or not? or are all melee 1 handed and its only referring to bows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

5er posted:

I want to like the Mage class, but having come off of beating the game with a Jew, I'm pretty disappointed with the class when it seems like there are quite a few boss / sub-boss encounters that are resistant or even completely immune to every special the class has.

Just burn them down, man. Fully upgraded Dragon's Breath is crazy good, since you can get it to melt armor. Also, almost everything is vulnerable to slow, so the cone of cold thing is good too. I didn't get much use out of their last three abilities, although their ultimate is pretty good for aoe damage.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Is there an easy way to tell if a weapon is 2 handed or not? or are all melee 1 handed and its only referring to bows.

On the equipment screen, if the bottom of the weapon is resting on the ground, it's two handed.

Alternately, you can exit the equip screen with a weapon equipped and walk downwards do the New Kid is facing you. You'll see if a weapon is being held in one or two hands.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

There's no real good way to tell, but a general rule is that if the weapon itself appears to be bigger than your kid then it's probably a two-handed weapon. Most swords and smaller clubs are one-handed, two-handed weapons are things like sledgehammers and "broadsword"-type weapons.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I didn't even notice there were 1 and 2 handed weapons.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Bobtista posted:

I didn't even notice there were 1 and 2 handed weapons.

Since you can't really equip a shield or off hander, it's a moot point but not for damage gains by weapon type. Kinda weird I agree.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Malek posted:

Since you can't really equip a shield or off hander, it's a moot point but not for damage gains by weapon type. Kinda weird I agree.

Underpants gnome armor that gives around 25 percent more damage on two handed weapons makes a lot of two handed weapons disgusting especially for the already disgusting katana .

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The KKK armor gives boosts for two-handed weapons and became my primary armor for two or three levels because the plunger was great for gross damage especially when combined with ginger pubic hair.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

al-azad posted:

The KKK armor gives boosts for two-handed weapons and became my primary armor for two or three levels because the plunger was great for gross damage especially when combined with ginger pubic hair.

Out-of-context quote of the week right here.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I love the sound effects so much in this game. There's something about combining Skyrim-esque epic sounds to children playing make believe that makes it perfect. Also I believe there's a song that plays faintly in the background that is Cartman saying something derogatory about Jews. 10/10 would buy again.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
End boss fight commentary:

I wasn't a huge fan of the last boss fight. Kenny just rising from the dead over and over was kind of frustrating in that you really had no idea how long it was going to last until it was over. Also I really thought making Kenny the last boss was kind of a poor story choice overall, as it was pretty anticlimactic.

That said, describing it to people is hilarious. "What's that, how do you beat the game? Oh, you have to fart on a 9-year-old's balls."

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Haven't been playing for very long but can someone explain to a moron how I'm supposed to do the Dragonfart input (on keyboard)? I've been loving it up for a couple minutes.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Heavy neutrino posted:

Haven't been playing for very long but can someone explain to a moron how I'm supposed to do the Dragonfart input (on keyboard)? I've been loving it up for a couple minutes.

Hold the indicated mouse button (left I think). Press A to go Left, D to go right on the scale. When the scale is capped out (i.e. maximum noise) leave it there then right click (or left) when prompted.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Nuts and Gum posted:

I love the sound effects so much in this game. There's something about combining Skyrim-esque epic sounds to children playing make believe that makes it perfect. Also I believe there's a song that plays faintly in the background that is Cartman saying something derogatory about Jews. 10/10 would buy again.

He's justing saying to Stop Jews.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I went to redbox this today when sick for the 360 and it said it required a kinect? Really?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Crunkjuice posted:

I went to redbox this today when sick for the 360 and it said it required a kinect? Really?
No, it doesn't. Don't worry.

Is the SWAT helmet the best item in the game or what? As long as I'm not going up against some stupidly armored fuckers I can oneshot, like, entire encounters while I'm wearing it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Blattdorf posted:

He's justing saying to Stop Jews.

Oh! I could have sworn he was saying God...drat....god drat Jews or something, but either way, makes me laugh when I tune it out and then randomly pick up on it again.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Nuts and Gum posted:

My favourite is the disembodied Cartman laugh you occasionally get when you fart on someone

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

zoomdog posted:

My favourite is the disembodied Cartman laugh you occasionally get when you fart on someone

That definitely gets me every time.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Nuts and Gum posted:

Oh! I could have sworn he was saying God...drat....god drat Jews or something, but either way, makes me laugh when I tune it out and then randomly pick up on it again.

Anyone know what the title of that song is?
Edit: its City Streets 1.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Two-handed weapons on the inventory screen are animated differently than one-handers. Two-handed weapons are held off to the side like you would hold a spear; tip up, butt down.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Ulvirich posted:

Two-handed weapons are held off to the side like you would hold a spear; tip up, butt down.

Ask Cartman's mom for more info.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

^^ Butters was very helpful in explaining that magic is strong in Cartman's family. Even his mother practices her magic-craft, found several of her wands in her room and also saw her alchemy table.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Ulvirich posted:

^^ Butters was very helpful in explaining that magic is strong in Cartman's family. Even his mother practices her magic-craft, found several of her wands in her room and also saw her alchemy table.

Hand-magic, butt-magic.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
This is probably a very stupid question, but can you start a new game andd still keep your progress from another game? I'm not sure, with the whole auto-saving thing etc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

beedeebee posted:

This is probably a very stupid question, but can you start a new game andd still keep your progress from another game? I'm not sure, with the whole auto-saving thing etc.

Nope, a new game starts you from scratch. The auto-saves for your new character will also overwrite the auto-saves for your old character.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
You can, however, make a manual save on your old file first. That doesn't get overwritten unless you do it yourself.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
So I saw that there's a list of Chinpokomon that're missable, is there a similar guide for achievements yet? I think I'll never get another chance to kick some gingers on the second day. :(

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

coyo7e posted:

So I saw that there's a list of Chinpokomon that're missable, is there a similar guide for achievements yet? I think I'll never get another chance to kick some gingers on the second day. :(

There's one here, though I haven't used it myself.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Heavy neutrino posted:

This really needs to go into the OP. It's asked on practically every other page, and you can't even say "Read the thread" because there are tons of spoilers around and this is a question that comes up like 20 minutes into the game.

Ignore the onscreen directions completely, and look for the small grey arrow that runs around the wavelength oval when you push A or D. Run the arrow around the oval until you find the spot that produces the loudest soundwave, then leave it there until you're told to press the next button. It has literally nothing to do with alternating between A and D to match the rhythm.

e: It is a really inexplicable problem area, because the rest of the game is so polished and wonderful that it's hard to believe they just completely forgot to have people test it.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 10, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phenotype posted:

This really needs to go into the OP. It's asked on practically every other page, and you can't even say "Read the thread" because there are tons of spoilers around and this is a question that comes up like 20 minutes into the game.

Ignore the onscreen directions completely, and look for the small grey arrow that runs around the wavelength oval when you push A or D. Run the arrow around the oval until you find the spot that produces the loudest soundwave, then leave it there until you're told to press the next button. It has literally nothing to do with alternating between A and D to match the rhythm.

e: It is a really inexplicable problem area, because the rest of the game is so polished and wonderful that it's hard to believe they just completely forgot to have people test it.

It's also so easy to fix. Have D highlighted until you go past the sweet spot, then A gets highlighted.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Asema posted:

Just a reminder that Cartman killed a kid's parents and then confessed to it while he made the kid eat their remains and nothing happened so let's not try to overthink things too much

Also a reminder that the kid's father was actually his own father and the kid is his half-brother

Nuts and Gum posted:

It always sounded to me like he's saying "some douche"

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Putting together the wishlist for the next patch so if anyone has any egregious bugs they saw let me know so I can try and include them, or any little annoyances. I've already got PC K&M stuff (tutorial/minigames), QTE difficulty and overall difficulty on my wishlist.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

bilperkins2 posted:

Putting together the wishlist for the next patch so if anyone has any egregious bugs they saw let me know so I can try and include them, or any little annoyances. I've already got PC K&M stuff (tutorial/minigames), QTE difficulty and overall difficulty on my wishlist.

This isn't a patch wish, but: any even remote idea about the DE/AT release date?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

gschmidl posted:

This isn't a patch wish, but: any even remote idea about the DE/AT release date?

We're doing our best but console submissions is an archaic process that takes way too long.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

bilperkins2 posted:

We're doing our best but console submissions is an archaic process that takes way too long.

But I'm using Steam :sigh:

...nah, don't worry about it. I have too many games to finish anyway.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

gschmidl posted:

But I'm using Steam :sigh:

...nah, don't worry about it. I have too many games to finish anyway.

Simultaneous release on all platforms is pretty much a requirement for many different groups, both internally and externally.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

SpazmasterX posted:

It always sounded to me like he's saying "some douche"

He's singing 'sanctus'. I can't find any specific reference to it from the show, but I feel like it's from the Damien episode or something.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

bilperkins2 posted:

Me and another user ran into a bug where the fart won't blow the front door of the school up after the part where butters/kyle is launching poo poo at you.

A hardcorer difficulty mode would be really nice, I only died like six times and really enjoy the battle system you guys put together.

RustyTrombone fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

bilperkins2 posted:

The mouse pointer should go away when it's obvious you're using a controller. As it is, you have to shove it in a corner to get rid of it. This is especially annoying in Big Picture.

• Locked thread