Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

It is my sincere hope that you appreciate this:

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
The story behind the car, the first road-racing Honda in the USA:
https://www.kingmotorsports.com/blog/post/King-Motorsports-Civic-1200-Race-Car.aspx

Stardotstar fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

You're supposed to listen to this while you stare longingly at these pictures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im5CIpMFo4Q

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Don't get me wrong, I still go to eat there every couple months when I am craving lovely mexican food. I just spent too many years sitting in the back "smoking" room, its weird to sit in the normal front area.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Excellent pairing suggestion, you are like a car/music sommelier.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

dreesemonkey posted:

I swear I was expecting Jeremy Clarkson to start proselytizing any second.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I saw a tiny Civic like yours while I was on my way to work this morning. It was going the opposite way so I didn't have a chance to get a photo but it was the same colour, had the same weird little bull bar thing and was very dented. Seemed to go pretty well though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Are you in Ballard? That's really the deciding factor because I was bookin' it this morning :haw:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

13 INCH DICK posted:

Are you in Ballard? That's really the deciding factor because I was bookin' it this morning :haw:

Coventry, UK. Your car has a twin...

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

Excellent pairing suggestion, you are like a car/music sommelier.

I can't take much credit, I was listening to pandora and when I hit this page that song just happened to start playing and I thought it was amusing. I also think it's probateable to say exactly what I just described so I'll see you guys in a few days.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
As of monday I will be parking in my new garage :getin:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

13 INCH DICK posted:

As of monday I will be parking in my new garage :getin:

Wait, is this euphemism and not at the same time? :monocle:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Pretty much. Tell us more about this :airquote: garage :airquote:?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

13 inch moving dick turbo doctor MD dickbutt

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Slow is Fast posted:

13 inch moving dick turbo doctor MD dickbutt

True 14 Inch Detective

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 5, 2014

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Signed the lease on my new place today and take keys monday. Private 1 car garage with a door, 800 sq feet 1BR 'apartment home' with a gigantic living room, nice bathroom, and a fireplace and washer and drier. And my landlord walked through my old room and said it was so clean that I was getting my security deposit back, what they don't know won't hurt them :v:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Thank god he didn't have the foresight to take a black light on walkthroughs..

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Where did you stash the dead tarantula?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

madeintaipei posted:

Where did you stash the dead tarantula?

Probably smoked it already.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

no that was just the trantula doodoo

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

Yay well done!

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Congratulations man :hfive:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
movingdaypriorities.jpg

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was promised garage pictures.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rhyno posted:

I was promised garage pictures.

Hold your horses. He hasn't finished smoking objects found on the slab, yet.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
phone dying more later

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
hot dog down a hallway has a new meaning.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

hot dog down a hallway has a new meaning.

You ain't kidding.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

13 INCH DICK posted:

phone dying more later

Hmm....

Yep:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Edminster posted:

Hmm....

Yep:

You could fit even more if you stack them.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So here's the inside. It was a little less private than I assumed, but then I had never actually seen the inside so I was taking it as an improvement over curbside any day. It's got no lights inside or outlets, but there are a *ton* of oil stains on the floor already so Tinkering with my streamlight and magnetic base look like we're good to go. Also nothing *specifically* preventing me in my rental agreement, I checked :v:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

13 INCH DICK posted:

So here's the inside. It was a little less private than I assumed, but then I had never actually seen the inside so I was taking it as an improvement over curbside any day. It's got no lights inside or outlets, but there are a *ton* of oil stains on the floor already so Tinkering with my streamlight and magnetic base look like we're good to go. Also nothing *specifically* preventing me in my rental agreement, I checked :v:

My garage at least has a bare bulb and power outlet on the wall. Rental agreement just says we're not supposed to run anything except lights in the garages, but doesn't say I can't run an extension cord and a bunch of shop lights under my car, so win!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

13 INCH DICK posted:

Who the gently caress builds a garage without power? Don't you Seattle-ites need block heaters and battery chargers, at least?

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

It gets below freezing like 2 days out of the year in Seattle, and even then only just. I've never known anyone with a block heater in Seattle...

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah, check out their averages. Seattle is pretty mild year round.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Galler posted:

Yeah, check out their averages. Seattle is pretty mild year round.

Oh, OK - Seattle = rain, not frozen wasteland. Seems like a fair number of the "idiot drivers on ice" videos were from Seattle, but I guess that was because it was so rare.
Still, no power in a garage? Lights? Odd.
Eh, run an extension cord on a reel out the window, hang lights, plug in with a 3- or 4-way adapter when needed. Roll back up a the end of the working session.
Solar panel + battery + LEDs?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Anything you've ever heard or assumed about the incompetency of seattle drivers is absolutely true and likely under emphasized

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

There's a garage door opener, correct? It should be plugged into an outlet on the ceiling; I can't say I've ever seen a residential one hard-wired.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
So really all you need is a nice 100ft extension cord :)

edit: well assuming it doesn't have GD opener ^^

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

some texas redneck posted:

There's a garage door opener, correct? It should be plugged into an outlet on the ceiling; I can't say I've ever seen a residential one hard-wired.

So my garage was clearly built as cheaply as possible to meet code. Which happens to mean I've got a standard two outlet box for the garage opener on a 20A circuit, and the opener only takes one outlet.

I'm running several shop lights, misc power tools, and a lift off of that unused outlet. Totally worth me loosing my deposit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Darchangel posted:

Oh, OK - Seattle = rain, not frozen wasteland. Seems like a fair number of the "idiot drivers on ice" videos were from Seattle, but I guess that was because it was so rare.

There's tons of people in the PNW that are terrible at driving in the rain/on snow/ice.

The one thing they have in common is that their prior residence was in California.

• Locked thread