Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, such a close call three times now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
They managed to fix it without the Streamer doing it, haha

BEHOLD THE WILL OF HELIX

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Hahahahahaha how the gently caress did they get into the clock reset menu

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

absolutely anything posted:

Hahahahahaha how the gently caress did they get into the clock reset menu

Emulation problem.

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.
Toilet Rascal

Magres posted:

If it's the hacked team, they're not going to beat Red without at least a week of grinding Lazor Gator up to 90+

If it's the non-hacked team, they're still going to need like 85+

He's already only a few levels below Archangel, he'll probably be in the mid to late 80s by the time they get to Red and once they get past Archangel it will be an easy sweep. If nothing else, they can just hurl themselves at him until they win through sheer overleveling.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Iamyourking posted:

He's already only a few levels below Archangel, he'll probably be in the mid to late 80s by the time they get to Red and once they get past Archangel it will be an easy sweep. If nothing else, they can just hurl themselves at him until they win through sheer overleveling.

Keep in mind we have to do Mt Silver every time we have to challenge him.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Man I hope we'll go fight Joey.

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kild posted:

Keep in mind we have to do Mt Silver every time we have to challenge him.

That just means it will take longer, and if they can coordinate well enough to have Snake at the front when they reach Red that's a clear victory right there.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
S.S. Ticket, lol

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Iamyourking posted:

Zapdos has like 30% more speed than Feraligatr, so he's always going to go first unless we're at or near level 100 on Feraligatr, and the Gatr isn't going to hit hard enough to OHKO him unless he's at or near level 100, and with Zapdos' really good special attack stat, a couple Thundershocks is going to put Feraligatr down to crit at the very least if not two shot him.

If he's got Thunderbolt (more than twice as powerful as Thundershock) then Zapdos using it on Feraligatr, it will effectively be a 270 power move (90 * 1.5 STAB * 2 Super Effective) that will gib him every fight.

If it's Pikachu we're in better shape because Pikachu's stats are utterly pathetic, but he'll lose the vulnerability to Ice. There's also the level 77 Venusaur to contend with, which is nothing to sneeze at. Venusaur is enough of a fat mofo to take an Icy Wind, and if he spams Giga Drain he'll take a few rounds to go down, during which he will put a lot of Super Effective hurt on Feraligatr.

It can be done, but it's going to take a number of tries and they have to fight their way through Mt Silver every time, so they're going to be dinged up and possibly low on PP on their lead Pokemon by the time they get to him. I think they'll do the fight with Democracy in the end, personally.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Iamyourking posted:

That just means it will take longer, and if they can coordinate well enough to have Snake at the front when they reach Red that's a clear victory right there.

Longer and we're gonna take damage and waste attacks etc on the way there.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well we have Brian for Venusaur, since he is 2x weak to flying.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If we can lead with Steelix we can deal with either Pikachu or Zapdos.

Of course that depends on Steelix getting more levels in the latter case.

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Actually, forget it.

Iamyourking fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 12, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think you're taking it a wee bit too seriously.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
So the whole Godslayer thing is kinda silly, imo

I mean, Pokemon don't die, they just faint.

Also because HELIX IS IMMORTAL, HELIX IS ETERNAL

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 12, 2014

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Would you remove the quote? I've decided that this isn't the place for that and would prefer it to be gone.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
And we're at Olivine!
What's up IRWIN?

So the SS Anne here is just a transport vehicle, there is nothing to do on board afair. What a shame.

EDIT: Welp I was wrong. There is stufff to do on SS Anne.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 12, 2014

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
The SS Anne has all these trainers with level 32+ pokemon, bit of a step down for the Pokemon League Champion.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

PowerBeard posted:

The SS Anne has all these trainers with level 32+ pokemon, bit of a step down for the Pokemon League Champion.

Now this is where it really gets :gen2:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
The night crew always seems to break the biggest barriers in this game.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
It just seems like the biggest missed opportunity in the :Gen 2: post game, where all the trainers you meet in Kanto can be murdered by just one of your Pokemon and the only challenges are the Gym Leaders.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.

PowerBeard posted:

It just seems like the biggest missed opportunity in the :Gen 2: post game, where all the trainers you meet in Kanto can be murdered by just one of your Pokemon and the only challenges are the Gym Leaders.

And then because they're underleveled you end up underleveled against Red and have to grind forever. Gen 2 is a cake walk then there's a huge level gap between Blue and Red that not only did they not fix in the remakes but actually made worse. Sure Gen 2 isn't a glitchfest like Gen 1 but the difficulty curve is just all over the place.

Blackajack
Aug 5, 2012

Ottakringer Helles

Why does everything fun happen at the absolute worst hours? :(

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Joey, our forever friend

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

evilspacehopper posted:

And then because they're underleveled you end up underleveled against Red and have to grind forever. Gen 2 is a cake walk then there's a huge level gap between Blue and Red that not only did they not fix in the remakes but actually made worse. Sure Gen 2 isn't a glitchfest like Gen 1 but the difficulty curve is just all over the place.

At least they level up the E4 a little in rematches.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
We are in Vermillion :frogsiren:

Wow, reading the thread seems like I missed an intense battle. Guess I'll have to wait for that Gen2 timelapse unless someone else recorded it.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
By the time we get to Red, we'll have a goddamn Dragonite who isn't weak to anything Red's got (or does Blastoise have Blizzard?) and hits like a truck. Steelix and Espeon are nothing to sneeze at, either.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
They're back at the Elite Four. :allears:

Goal is to wipe, otherwise they could get rid of all their progress.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Truly this run is of Sisyphean proportions. It will never end.

Blast from the past:

Star Man posted:

The delay on Twitch makes it so hard to keep up with what's going on too. What kills me is that they managed to get the Helix Fossil (the worst fossil) and then turn around and go all the way back to the Pokemon Center outside of Mt. Moon.

Who could have predicted the fate of that humble Helix fossil? :allears:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sky Shadowing posted:

They're back at the Elite Four. :allears:

Goal is to wipe, otherwise they could get rid of all their progress.

WHY are they back at the E4?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

WHY are they back at the E4?

Nuggets and ...

It's time to retire it, isn't it?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Captain Invictus posted:

Looks like this romhack DIDN'T have new game disabled. Ahahahahaha

I was talking to someone who tried to provide the streamer with the exact details of how to disable the menu (it's changing about 7 bytes or so) and even provided a ROM with the fix, so I guess the streamer is just incompetent.

Given the failure of the 151 hack that doesn't seem to be too much of a surprise, and I think this puts the thought of it having the old Red team to rest.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
It's ok, even if we don't get to fight our Red, we can imagine that he freed all his Pokemon after the voices stopped and began a new journey.

Or he wen't insane, released all of his Pokemon, raised a strong team and hid in the cave to get away from the cursed Gods of Old.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Awww. I knew it would happen as soon as I went to sleep :(

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Nah, if Red doesn't have a team the mythos should be that the Chosen Six ascended beyond this world and rose to join Helix in the Hall of Fame. Red was left behind, and ever since the voices left he's desperately tried to build a team that can defeat the Elite Four once more in the hopes of ascending this time.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

PowerBeard posted:

I never really minded it, it allowed me to pick pretty much a whole new team for Kanto. With the high-level flier (usually Pidgeot) I used in E4 for support.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
First trainer in Lt. Surge's gym: Level 27 Magnemite.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
I forgot all about this gym leader theme. I think It's pretty good.

Bahahaha Thunder hit Pidgeot while it was flying. Also it feels so wrong to have almost our whole team be higher level than Surge's pokemon.

vv Yeah I knew about the interaction. It's just great to see the stream pick exactly the wrong move for a situation.

Ramengank fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ramengank posted:

I forgot all about this gym leader theme. I think It's pretty good.

Bahahaha Thunder hit Pidgeot while it was flying.

One of a long number of extra interactions the game almost never mentions (or if it does, only in obscure areas like people calling you to drop info once in a while.)

Also if you use Earthquake on an enemy using Dig, you not only still hit but do double damage.

• Locked thread