Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Blue Raider posted:

Go read the other thread. It's got about a half dozen people posting some epic LOLS over and over with nothing interesting or insightful.

People with Xbones know that they aren't perfect or anything, but there's nothing to be gained by saying something sucks over and over when a lot of people legitimately enjoy it.

Not really, the other thread is usually the only thread that actually contains facts/statistics and interesting technical stuff. Also it's pretty funny. There's a reason this thread is rated badly and often drops to page 3 or 4 of Games.

For the record, I did enjoy the Titanfall beta (PC) but once I heard that there was no dedicated server support and a loving 50 gig install, that $60 is a bit hard to swallow. But I digress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Blue Raider posted:

This is what I was talking about a few posts up.

Sorry if I prefer the other thread where people are generally in a good mood and nice to each other while posting news and discussions instead of barely restraining themselves from calling somebody a human being.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Barent posted:

Not really, the other thread is usually the only thread that actually contains facts/statistics and interesting technical stuff. Also it's pretty funny. There's a reason this thread is rated badly and often drops to page 3 or 4 of Games.

Because people who have one don't bother posting in threads that get trolled with the same lovely arguments every page, and all the cool dudes who poo poo all over the system raged against the machine by downvoting this thread?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Apple2o posted:

Also if you are not retarded and have a trustworthy friend with another xbone you can play literally every game at half price (or less if you, like me, buy Microsoft cards). Titanfall for 27$ baby.

Do you mean gamesharing? Because you can do that on the psn as well.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

sba posted:

Because people who have one don't bother posting in threads that get trolled with the same lovely arguments every page, and all the cool dudes who poo poo all over the system raged against the machine by downvoting this thread?

It's not really trolling, you guys are just super defensive about the console. Honestly, as consumers you guys should be more angry that it isn't better, especially for being more expensive. You could be right about the downvoting though, I'll give you that.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

Go read the other thread. It's got about a half dozen people posting some epic LOLS over and over with nothing interesting or insightful.

People with Xbones know that they aren't perfect or anything, but there's nothing to be gained by saying something sucks over and over when a lot of people legitimately enjoy it.
There's nothing to be gained by getting upset at other posters. Try making interesting and insightful posts to make the thread not terrible. I'd post news and interesting information here but you guys would get upset as per usual.

sba posted:

This was the excuse 3 threads ago. There's been enough attempts at rebooting the thread to show that no one else gives a crap. There's people who own Xbones talking in the other thread and avoiding this one as it's not allowing actual discussion.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Barent posted:

It's not really trolling, you guys are just super defensive about the console. Honestly, as consumers you guys should be more angry that it isn't better, especially for being more expensive. You could be right about the downvoting though, I'll give you that.

Oh please, I posted troll bait in the Titanfall thread like a month ago, and that thread lapped it up. It ain't hard.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Blue Raider posted:

51 people with 100 posts or more in that thread but yea keep telling yourself it's just a 6 man echochamber

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Awesome! posted:

51 people with 100 posts or more in that thread but yea keep telling yourself it's just a 6 man echochamber

I was using hyperbole, which should be a concept a poster of that thread should be familiar with.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Nobody said you couldn't, but cool thanks!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

If you guys like the other Xbox thread you realize you can post in the other Xbox thread, right?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

You're right. apologies for invading your space guys. Have a chill night dropping titans.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Awesome! posted:

You're right. apologies for invading your space guys. Have a chill night dropping titans.

I would like to drop titans but would rather play with goons.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Cowcaster posted:

If you guys like the other Xbox thread you realize you can post in the other Xbox thread, right?

I'm laughing in real life because this thread is funny. And that makes me chortle, because I don't post in Games, much, or to be honest, a whole lot, because I mostly lurk. But comedy is comedy. Live and let live, as they say.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm laughing in real life because this thread is funny. And that makes me chortle, because I don't post in Games, much, or to be honest, a whole lot, because I mostly lurk. But comedy is comedy. Live and let live, as they say.

It's like watching a guy doing that thing with a dog where he pretends to throw the ball and the dog goes chasing after it. Except he keeps doing it over and over again, and you start to realize that the dog is too stupid to learn he's never going to throw that ball, ever, and the guy keeps on pretending to throw the ball and the dog goes chasing after it every time and you just feel bad for the stupid dog and the guy starts to look like a weird rear end in a top hat.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Cowcaster posted:

It's like watching a guy doing that thing with a dog where he pretends to throw the ball and the dog goes chasing after it. Except he keeps doing it over and over again, and you start to realize that the dog is too stupid to learn he's never going to throw that ball, ever, and the guy keeps on pretending to throw the ball and the dog goes chasing after it every time and you just feel bad for the stupid dog and the guy starts to look like a weird rear end in a top hat.

Except it's only text so it's much easier and funnier to make fun of the stupid dog.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

I don't get it, are Xboners the ball?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Fair to Midland posted:

Except it's only text so it's much easier and funnier to make fun of the stupid dog.

And even sadder that the guy keeps not-throwing the ball.

edit:

Talk about from bad to worse!

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 12, 2014

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cowcaster posted:

Watch out, they might start reporting you for insulting them.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I like this thread more now, it's easier to find with its crap tag.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

zen sex robot posted:

So how bad has the xbox live sign in outage been effecting people? It's been down for hours and twitter is flipping out over it, but I don't see many people posting about it here. Is it a sporadic thing where you can get in once in a while or if you just haven't turned off your xbox you haven't noticed yet?

Yeah I didn't even know it was done till none of my friends joined me for Titanfall action. That game controls a lot better than I thought it would compared to Halo. I'm terrible at Halo and spend half the time pointing in wrong direction

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Are there any decent universal remotes that would control both the 360 and an Xbone?

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

zen sex robot posted:

So how bad has the xbox live sign in outage been effecting people? It's been down for hours and twitter is flipping out over it, but I don't see many people posting about it here. Is it a sporadic thing where you can get in once in a while or if you just haven't turned off your xbox you haven't noticed yet?

I didn't have any problems signing in or playing. Asked my friends that weren't on and they hadn't had any issues either. Dunno how widespread it actually was.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
The hell am I doing wrong with the XO7? The sound balance never sounds right and my chat icon stays lit up.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BrokenKnees posted:

Are there any decent universal remotes that would control both the 360 and an Xbone?

Yeah, it's called the Kinect. Unless you're doing something super intricate you're covered.

Seriously I haven't touched the remote for the TV, cable box, sound bar in months. I just yell at the TV like my dad used to do but this time it does my bidding. I touch the XBone controller when it's time to play.

The Kinect is like having a surly robot in your living room who always thinks you're talking about it. You can't say "Xbox" anywhere near it, it's why the cool kids all say XBone.

I'm also turned on by the idea of the NSA watching me play Titanfall and getting sweet gameplay tips. So there's that.

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.

BrokenKnees posted:

I use a Logitech 300, I think it cost around $30 but it might be discontinued. I think any of the Logitech Harmony remotes will work though. You plug it into your computers USB port, pick out your equipment from the list, customize any buttons you want, then hit sync. Works great.

http://myremotesetup.com/EasyZapper...th=ProcSpice%2F

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If it's anything like the 360, you have an account license and a console license with games.

How you did it on the 360 was you logged in your account on the friend/family member/whatever's 360 and bought the game. They got the console license, and you got the account one.

You could then just log in on your console and download it. The only catch was it only worked when you were online for the account license, but that's like bullet point 1 on the Xbone now anyway.

BrokenKnees posted:

Logitech Harmony remotes have Xbone codes.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 12, 2014

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
The big difference is that the account license still works offline for up to 24 hours now, instead of it just immediately telling you to gently caress off.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah, it's called the Kinect. Unless you're doing something super intricate you're covered.

Seriously I haven't touched the remote for the TV, cable box, sound bar in months. I just yell at the TV like my dad used to do but this time it does my bidding. I touch the XBone controller when it's time to play.

The Kinect is like having a surly robot in your living room who always thinks you're talking about it. You can't say "Xbox" anywhere near it, it's why the cool kids all say XBone.

I'm also turned on by the idea of the NSA watching me play Titanfall and getting sweet gameplay tips. So there's that.

A typical evening at Capt. Rainbowbeard's: Xbox, Turn On! Xbox, Watch TV! Xbox, watch WICZ-TV! Xbox, Volume Up! Xbox, Volume Up! Xbox, Volume Up! Xbox, Volume Up! Xbox, Volume Up! Xbox, Volume Down!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

A typical evening at Capt. Rainbowbeard's: Xbox, Turn On! Xbox, Watch TV! Xbox, watch WICZ-TV! Xbox, Volume Up! Xbox, Volume Up! Xbox, Volume Up! Xbox, Volume Up! Xbox, Volume Up! Xbox, Volume Down!

Are... you watching me through my Kinect?:ohdear:

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

losonti tokash posted:

I didn't have any problems signing in or playing. Asked my friends that weren't on and they hadn't had any issues either. Dunno how widespread it actually was.

I still can't log in today. I can't even play other games or Netflix so it's pretty stupid.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Royal Scrub posted:

I still can't log in today. I can't even play other games or Netflix so it's pretty stupid.

Wild. Haven't tried any gaming, but Netflix has worked fine for us last night and this morning.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

PvZ Garden warfare [snip]. Have they sprung the microtransactions yet?

Reposting my question, it seemed to get lost in the inter-thread fight.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

Wild. Haven't tried any gaming, but Netflix has worked fine for us last night and this morning.
It fell over recently and they're working on getting it back up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

Netflix is still in theory spotty and log-ins are still finicky since it booted the misses out while she was at home this morning. I was only able to log in at around 11pm last night central.

Does anybody know how that "most popular downloads" thing works in the store? Is it cumulative sales or sales within a period or are they just not saying?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Xbox None (of the hardware works unless you have Microsoft's permission)

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Wheany posted:

PvZ Garden warfare [snip]. Have they sprung the microtransactions yet?

Nothing has been announced yet

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Get your Xbone Titanfall edition at https://www.microsoftstore.com for only $400 with code "1" at checkout.

Hope none of you bought an xbone recently for $500.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Shyfted One posted:

Get your Xbone Titanfall edition at https://www.microsoftstore.com for only $400 with code "1" at checkout.

This has got to be a busted or test code in the MS store backed, it works on all kind of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Shyfted One posted:

Didn't work for me. That's too bad. I was going to buy another Xbone because I enjoy mine so much.

• Locked thread