Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

wa27 posted:

Norm MacDonald does the best podcast ads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnjQKZpmRC0

Man I wish Norm would stop ruining his poo poo by bringing on the least funny people this side of wiretap. Nick Swardson is just a black hole of comedy. Not even a giggle can escape his attempts at humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Speaking of the Dark Souls 2 PC version, why the gently caress is it so resource intensive? I can run Witcher 2 on my machine fairly well but apparently my video card is not good enough to run Dark Souls 2 (min is 5870, I have a 5770).

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Optimus Subprime posted:

Oh man, I don't know how you guys watch Break Brad episodes, watching him play DSII is killing me with his constant overextending of his attacks and such. I look forward to dying a bunch when the game finally hits PC.

Brad is a wizard in Demon's Soul, he doesn't hit things, except when he pretends he is a warrior. No, it's fun watching Brad, I don't watch Breaking Brad to see the most amazing super-run of a game ever, but to watch someone who plays about as good as I do banging his head against hard things.

And for the Lizard Lust.

Cityinthesea posted:

Speaking of the Dark Souls 2 PC version, why the gently caress is it so resource intensive? I can run Witcher 2 on my machine fairly well but apparently my video card is not good enough to run Dark Souls 2 (min is 5870, I have a 5770).

CD Projekt are an amazing development team, who know how to develop for PCs and how to make something scale well. From Software is an amazing development team that does not know any of these things.

Decius fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 12, 2014

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
They promised it would be better this time :argh:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Wait, how are you playing it already?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

flatluigi posted:

Wait, how are you playing it already?

He's not. The game hasn't leaked on PC yet (but there's no doubt in my mind that it will once Steam preloads are available, since people always manage to break that stuff). The system requirements came out with the Steam page and I guess they're kinda high?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Decius posted:

Brad is a wizard in Demon's Soul, he doesn't hit things, except when he pretends he is a warrior. No, it's fun watching Brad, I don't watch Breaking Brad to see the most amazing super-run of a game ever, but to watch someone who plays about as good as I do banging his head against hard things.

And for the Lizard Lust.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I dunno if this was posted already but it's an accurate summary of Breaking Brad.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Crowbear posted:

I dunno if this was posted already but it's an accurate summary of Breaking Brad.

This is Hergé's greatest work.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

CJacobs posted:

He's not. The game hasn't leaked on PC yet (but there's no doubt in my mind that it will once Steam preloads are available, since people always manage to break that stuff). The system requirements came out with the Steam page and I guess they're kinda high?

I don't know if that guy is kidding or what, but the requirements are like a Core 2 Duo, 2GB of RAM, and a 5-6 year-old graphics card.

VDay fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 12, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Man. I don't wanna miss out on this DS2 video series, but I also don't want to watch people play 30 hours ahead of where I'm at.

Life's fricken unfair!

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

You can never unspoil it (well, not healthily), but the video won't be going anywhere.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm all for more Vinny content but this is way too much Souls for one site.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really wish they'd have Jeff or Drew doing something similar to the Souls stuff for some kind of non-Souls game. I get that there are people out there who are really into these videos, and they're the highest hits they've gotten in a long time or whatever, but as someone just not into Souls at all I find myself only going to the site like, twice a week at this point because so much of the new stuff is Souls stuff I don't care about.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
I eagerly await the next GiantBombPremiumStats account producing a detailed chart of how much video content this year has been Souls-related compared to every other game.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I guess I'd rather see Souls than DOTA or the Patrick games though.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

The Skateosaurus story from Vinny on this week's bombcast is blowing my mind.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Giant Souls and Other Kinds of Darkness

I hope they don't end up doing a full "let's play this entire video game" feature on Dark Souls 2 because then it'll basically be no different than Youtube personalities pushing out videos to beat out everyone else trying to let's play it on launch. At least the Giant Bomb guys are entertaining.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

CJacobs posted:

Giant Souls and Other Kinds of Darkness

I hope they don't end up doing a full "let's play this entire video game" feature on Dark Souls 2 because then it'll basically be no different than Youtube personalities pushing out videos to beat out everyone else trying to let's play it on launch. At least the Giant Bomb guys are entertaining.

They said in the video that they're just going to check in periodically, it's not an endurance run or let's play type of thing

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Optimus Subprime posted:

I can't help by visualise it with giant novelty sunglasses.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dark souls 2 is really good. But I pressed O instead of down+O on a ladder and died.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Optimus Subprime posted:

I haven't laughed that hard during a podcast in a long time.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Dark souls 2 is really good. But I pressed O instead of down+O on a ladder and died.

Now that's videogames.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Optimus Subprime posted:

For all of the wacky work stories sent in to the bombcast, Vinny's tale of the vagaries of the New York roller rink business was faaaasscinating

I was dying during the "Other DJ Vinny" story.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
If giantbomb ever does a panel down under they're going to have a violent audience.

Crossbar
Jun 16, 2002
Chronic Lurker

Oh so that's what I did.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Liquid Penguins posted:

If giantbomb ever does a panel down under they're going to have a violent audience.

They should just divide the auditorium/conference hall/whatever they have the show in into two halves and have people pick a side before they go in.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Please tell me that was your first death. The one two punch of dying like that and then getting the achievement would get a pretty good laugh out of me.

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.
I died to the first enemy in Dark Souls 2. I definitely laughed when I saw the trophy pop up.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Literally the first thing in DS2 I did after leaving the very first create-a-character area was hook to the left and fall off a cliff 2 feet from the cave mouth. Just get that poo poo out of the way, I say.

Also playing offline is sort of neat because there's a global death counter by the crestfallen dude which I assume would be for everyone if I were online but right now it's just a personal ticker. 30 so far, jamming my face against Pursuer.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Blister posted:

I didn't think Brads play style could get any worse, but oh god, his obsession with hording souls now in Dark Souls 2 is causing him to gimp himself so badly, please someone tell him that some enemies respawn infinitely so he can still grind to his hearts delight

What's funny is that he's worried about not getting that many Souls throughout the game, but doesn't notice that he's like level 50 already despite only going through the first 4-5 areas in the game. I get the concern, but it doesn't feel like you're ever going to just run out and be super short on them at all.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

XenoCrab posted:

I died to the first enemy in Dark Souls 2. I definitely laughed when I saw the trophy pop up.
Dark Souls 2 taking a page from Dungeons of Dredmor, which has an achievement called "Welcome to Dredmor!" for getting killed by a Diggle, the mascot character and usually the first thing you encounter(and weakest enemy in the game outside of Gnomes).

And do people really not like Patrick's Spelunky/Isaac runs? What for, I find it really fascinating how he's really open with his reasoning on stuff, even if he often winds up being wrong.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
I think it's a little weird how Patrick constantly says "how far we've come" and stuff and at this point I'm doing other stuff while the vids happen in the background but overall the BoI runs have been worthwhile.
Kinda wish he'd pick a different game, though. Like, say, La-Mulana.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

VDay posted:

I don't know if that guy is kidding or what, but the requirements are like a Core 2 Duo, 2GB of RAM, and a 5-6 year-old graphics card.

Sheesh, my video card is like one version off. It's still pretty dang high for what the graphics actually are.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

zachol posted:

I think it's a little weird how Patrick constantly says "how far we've come" and stuff and at this point I'm doing other stuff while the vids happen in the background but overall the BoI runs have been worthwhile.
Is it weird, though? He obviously does it to try to foster a feeling of inclusion with the people watching live, which I think he gets away with since he does engage with the chat so much while he's playing.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I can't believe Patrick found Ultra Pride. I have the Platinum God achievement for doing literally everything in the game. Ultra Pride was the last thing I did and it took me hours of farming for him after completing everything else. :mad:

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

Akuma posted:

Is it weird, though? He obviously does it to try to foster a feeling of inclusion with the people watching live, which I think he gets away with since he does engage with the chat so much while he's playing.

I feel like it's transparent.
Like, no, Patrick, you're playing the game. You're the one getting this far. I'm just watching. He already does a great job making me feel engaged by talking things through and interacting with the chat, saying "we" is just, I dunno, kinda weirdly fakey? It's not a question of earning it, I mean.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I dunno, I say "we" when I stream video games and stuff. I don't go out of my way to do it on purpose necessarily, I just feel like the people watching are included in the experience because they chose to watch a dude play a video game. When it's not live it can be a little weird but it is better than saying "I", like in my latest Max Payne 3 LP video I referred to myself doing a thing in the game and it came across as weird because I'm not in the game, I'm just playing it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zachol posted:

I feel like it's transparent.
Like, no, Patrick, you're playing the game. You're the one getting this far. I'm just watching. He already does a great job making me feel engaged by talking things through and interacting with the chat, saying "we" is just, I dunno, kinda weirdly fakey? It's not a question of earning it, I mean.

The only time I find "we" weird when used to refer to only one person is when the speaker really means to say "you." Because it's condescending and dickish. What Pat is doing is trying to be inclusive of the audience of the livestream, and considering how often he asks for input and speaks to the stream, it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Just listened to the Bombcast, I am going to fly to Australia, hunt down the chemist and throttle him.

A just punishment for breaking the beef quarantine if anything.

• Locked thread