Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yechezkel posted:

No super-early update this time. Hopefully, this doesn't signal a delay. :ohdear:

Wow, I called it. From PS Twitter:

quote:

Update: PlayStation Store update will be coming a few hours late today. We'll keep you posted - apologies for the delay!
A few things are already up, including Qello Vita app.

jabro posted:

I'll take the Warframe codes, please.
You got them. I'll give them in few hours when I get back home.

Awesome! posted:

is it supposed to be gone from my download list too? because I'm gonna be mad if I paid 10bux for a game I can't redownload.
*update* This post says it's gone :(

NyaoMyao posted:

What happens if I already have the game backed up on my PS3? Is there gonna be some switch flipped that'll make it unable to play until the patched version is up? Would it play if I copied it to my vita tonight?
I haven't heard of that happening either. It should still be playable if you have it installed.

If anyone with the game can prove that it can still be accessible from the download list and transferable, that would be nice.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

univbee posted:

Usually this means figuring out a way to run unsigned code. To use a really simple example, someone figured out in Windows NT that if you entered a stupidly-long password, like 200 characters, there was a point where it caused a "wrap-around" effect and could actually run code. So if you entered something like this as a password:

ghfjdkgshgfjklghfjklfsghlkfdsghlkjfdsghlkgshflkjdSet AdminPassword abc123

As long as the gibberish at the start was the exact right length it would run the command at the end with "root" credentials. There are different ways of doing this, including causing a controlled crash (which then runs code that's fed to it). Oftentimes a specially-corrupted save file will do this.

Sony has gotten really agressive with the Vita because they don't want a repeat of the PSP being custom firmware pirate central.

The PSP's own major exploits are pretty straightforward too. As I recall the easiest one was making it try to load a really big .tiff file, which then caused a crash and memory dump and the code you wanted to run was embedded at the end of the TIFF data. Ludicrously simple.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yechezkel posted:

If anyone with the game can prove that it can still be accessible from the download list and transferable, that would be nice.

When it's pulled from the store, you can't download it. I just checked my download list and it's gone from there as well.

Is Atelier going to be on PSN or am I going to have to stop by Gamestop this evening? Gohastings ran a $20 sale right after the announcement and didn't bother to say they canceled the orders.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Dehry posted:

Is Atelier going to be on PSN or am I going to have to stop by Gamestop this evening? Gohastings ran a $20 sale right after the announcement and didn't bother to say they canceled the orders.

I think it was more of a pricing error than a sale.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
It should be one of the new games coming today, but as of 3:45pm PDT, the store still hasn't fully updated.

Maybe they're too busy raising all the prices for Canadians. :canada:

Serious post, from the Bandai Namco rep on PS Blog: If you pre-ordered Dark Souls II and didn't get the pre-order weapon packs, they should be made available after the store is updated.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 11, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yechezkel posted:

Maybe they're too busy raising all the prices for Canadians. :canada:

So help me God...

At least since they don't charge tax it's still cheaper than retail by like :10bux:. I just want it to be $15. :argh:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
There is still no update. :stare:

I wonder if the PS Mobile and EU stores will update before the NA store. :allears:

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Yechezkel posted:

There is still no update. :stare:

I wonder if the PS Mobile and EU stores will update before the NA store. :allears:

We've been due for one of those midnight ET PSN updates for awhile now, the last one I remember being this late was when Gravity Rush came out for Vita.

...thank god Dark Souls went up last night.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Oh yeah, people aren't rioting because dark souls 2 was a preorder and went up at midnight.. That's all we needed.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Towerfall just hit if you search it, but it doesn't have the Plus price yet.

Arctic Cress
Oct 23, 2010

A bunch of updates to the store are available if searched, including the new Atelier game, which someone was asking about earlier.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Damnit, I want to play Dark Souls II but every time I start it up it wants to update and then gets an error while downloading the update :(

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cool new trick found online, probably added by the maintenance done yesterday.

This works on the Vita internet browser and maybe the PS4 internet browser. This won't work on the PS3 browser.

In the past, any link to the webstore would result in an error page telling you that the browser is not supported. Now, any link from the webstore will automatically bring up the store app and display the item right there.

If an item isn't suppose to be in that particular store, it will still display it, but won't show a button to purchase it, like the screenshot shown below:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
No new PlayStation Mobile games this week, unless that store update is getting delayed as well.

PS3 version of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is now up for pre-order, but Peace Walker HD is NOT included with this pre-order. The free Peace Walker HD game will only come with the pre-order in the EU store. (direct link to Facebook post, might need Facebook account to see)

I don't see a pre-order for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster yet.

PS3 version of MLB 14 The Show is also up for pre-order. No bonuses other than a theme with this one.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 12, 2014

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
So if I bought Dark Souls 2 today, before the update obviously, will I still qualify for the $10 back? Gonna be pissed if they change it to 3/12. I mean, I'm not really gonna pissed since I still get to play Dark Souls 2, but y'know, it's the principle of the thing.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

DARK SOULS 2 ON VITA CONFIRMED!

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Static Rook posted:

So if I bought Dark Souls 2 today, before the update obviously, will I still qualify for the $10 back? Gonna be pissed if they change it to 3/12. I mean, I'm not really gonna pissed since I still get to play Dark Souls 2, but y'know, it's the principle of the thing.
It should still count, since the official rules said it would start today.

Parkingtigers posted:

DARK SOULS 2 ON VITA CONFIRMED!
Crash Bandicoot in the Vita store confirmed, but with no way still to buy it through there. :sigh:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yechezkel posted:

It should still count, since the official rules said it would start today.

Crash Bandicoot in the Vita store confirmed, but with no way still to buy it through there. :sigh:

Still weird they not update the Crash and Spyro games for the Vita. I mean they finally fixed Final Fantasy V not too long ago so it not like fixing the games for the Vita isn't finish.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You think that's weird? Sony actually keeps track of every PSP game on their game listing and their backwards compatibility status for Vita, including games that never got PSN releases. Yeah, I'm sure Star Ocean 2 works on Vita. Could you let me buy it, please?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

So MGSV can be preordered on PS3, but not PS4 yet?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
It is now Wednesday on the east coast and the NA store still hasn't been fully updated. :cripes:

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

So MGSV can be preordered on PS3, but not PS4 yet?
Not yet, no. I doubt it will come with any notable bonuses as well.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Yechezkel posted:

Not yet, no. I doubt it will come with any notable bonuses as well.

quote:

Anyone who pre-orders Ground Zeroes will receive exclusive content, including Mother Base Staff for use with the Mother Base in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

It's a cool little bonus, especially since I wasted so much time in the Mother Base with Peace Walker.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wow the store is super hosed at the moment...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Well I just bought Dark Souls 2. Let's see if I get the refund or not :v:

Feenix posted:

Wow the store is super hosed at the moment...

Yeah I thought "lemme load this up quickly before work" and the store took 6 or 7 minutes to even boot up. I hope my download didn't suddenly decide to stop.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The best part is that they hosed up the Dark Souls II launch and didn't include the preorder DLC. Now they're saying we have to wait until the store updates to get it. Thanks, Sony. :mad:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
At least one thing was updated:

PlayStation Mobile update. I've only played the free game. All info from store listings.

NekoRush $1.29 8 MB
An infinite runner involving cats in a city. "Perfect game length for when you are waiting for a friend, in the elevator or conducting important business in your work stall."

Console Saga $4.29 36 MB
A platformer where you control a walking portable system through levels inspired by classic 8-bit games.

Touch Commando $3.29 71 MB
A simple-looking first-person shooter.

Mahjong Mahjong $0.99 38 MB
A mahjong solitaire game.

Helicopter $0.49 7 MB
The PS Mobile version of this flash game.

Shovel Shuffle - Free to download, $1.49 to unlock other stages, 3 MB
A puzzle game where you are on a grid of numbers and you dig through as many squares as you can, only moving as many spaces at the number next to you allows. I was already bored with the free version after 5 minutes.

==========

It is 12 midnight PDT and the NA store still hasn't been fully updated.
From PS Twitter again:

quote:

PS Store: We're now targeting Wednesday for updating the North American PS Store. We'll keep you posted, apologies for the delay

Holy crap, EU store is going to get updated before NA store.

:stare: This better be temporary. Also, that looks like a sale on Wipeout 2048 and Gravity Rush for those without PS+:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Meanwhile, Sony EU is detailing what's in this week's update.

This week's headliner is, naturally, :darksouls: 2, turning up on Friday and weighing in at £39.99/€59.99/AU$89.95. Available today for PS3 is Vessel (£7.99 /€9.99/$14.45) and the second episode of The Walking Dead Season 2, titled A House Divided (£3.99/€4.99/$7.35/free with season pass).

On the Vita side of things, only one release this week: Hatsune Miku Project Diva f turns up late and overpriced, at £23.99/€29.99/$43.95.

All PS4 gets this week is a demo of Lego Movie Videogame.

On the DLC front, the Movie car pack for Need for Speed Rivals, a bunch of cosmetic gubbins for Killzone Shadow Fall, the extra character edition of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Core Fighters (free for one week only), the third additional mission pack for EDF 2025, more costumes for Dress Up Lightning: Final Fantasy Whatever, three additional mission packs for Toukiden and The Rest of the Game DLC for Diva f.

Free stuff this week: the aforementioned free extra character for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Core Fighters and a St. Patrick's Day costume for LittleBigPlanet 2/Vita, both this week only.

Deals this week: Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag PS3 for £29.99/€39.99/$49.95, with the season pass £9.99/€12.99/$18.45, this week only. PS4 upgrade is still available for £9.99/equivalent, and I understand that the Season Pass is cross-buy, but I may be wrong on that front.
Also discounted, a bunch of small discounts on CoD games, the Oddworld Abe's Oddysee & Abe's Exoddus PSOne classic bundle for £2.39/€2.99/$4.35 and The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character for £1.19/€1.49/$2.15.

Oh, and Dragon's Crown launches in Russia this Friday. :toot:

Do note that I don't think anything has actually gone up on the store yet, but still. Details!

Delusibeta fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 12, 2014

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Any idea if/when we'll be able to preload Dark Souls 2? It'd be nice to play it straight away.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So that PlayStation Home trophy patch dropped this morning. You can clear almost everything in like 5 minutes. Most of them are retroactive... except for that awful one requiring you to log into Home for 50 different days. :doh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bought Rain while it was on sale and drat if it's not the most pretentious loving game I have ever played. Not even Braid comes close.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Some people on CAG pointed out the PS+ Year Freebies for the Vita are now showing their normal prices. I am wondering if they decided to finally roll year 2's freebies. Maybe as a means to get people to update after the custom firmware trick was discovered.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Store is still not updated :stare:

I just want to play Lone Survivor, drat it!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I just want to put my preorder in for ps4 mgsv.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Sakurazuka posted:

Bought Rain while it was on sale and drat if it's not the most pretentious loving game I have ever played. Not even Braid comes close.

Are you sure you know what the word "pretentious" means? :psyduck:

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax
Braid is pretentious?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Krad posted:

Are you sure you know what the word "pretentious" means? :psyduck:

Nephilm posted:

Braid is pretentious?

Yes I know what pretentious loving means.

pre·ten·tious
[pri-ten-shuhs]
adjective
characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved: a pretentious, self-important waiter.
making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.
full of pretense or pretension.

Braid is a gimmicky platform-puzzler with a self-indulgent story that also tries to be an allegory for the atomic bomb so yes, I'd say pretentious is a pretty good way of describing it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nephilm posted:

Braid is pretentious?

As someone that hates that word because I think it's applied to stuff it doesn't really deserve to get applied to, and as someone who really liked Braid, yes, Braid is really pretentious.

I would also say that Rain is more artsy than pretentious. It is a little up it's own rear end, but it's all also pretty straight forward.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Braid is the most pretentious loving thing ever, except for everything else Jonathan Blow has done.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Sakurazuka posted:

Yes I know what pretentious loving means.

pre·ten·tious
[pri-ten-shuhs]
adjective
characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved: a pretentious, self-important waiter.
making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.
full of pretense or pretension.
Is this intentional irony? I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
Let's not go down this road. Braid was poo poo and the only thing that was good about it was the music, which is public domain and obtainable from sources that don't involve playing Braid. Derail and discussion over. :colbert:

• Locked thread