Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I hope this is the year both of them just break down from age and we get a Peyton/Brady less playoffs. What deity do I sacrifice to in order to make this happen?

The Altar of the Bolo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

How does it feel to be the most annoying Pats fan since Koba1t?

Clearly it feels pretty loving good when your team is a perennial AFC title contender.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
I'm joyous at the Revis signing, but why only 1 year?

japtor posted:

The rest of the Pats defense is still a mess right?

PFF rated Devin McCourty as the #2 safety last year i think. Revis is obviously an upgrade to Talib. Our #2 and #3 cornerbacks/nicklebacks are decent and showed promise. I think we might have an above average to good pass defense this year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

euphronius posted:

I see the Pats got Revis. I'm glad it is not a lost offseason for them.

Belichick has wanted Peppers for years.

Do it Bill. Make me hate you even more.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ozu posted:

Checkmate motherfuckers.

@nyjets
BREAKING: We've agreed to terms with RT Breno Giacomini

I hate to say it, but mcmagic called it.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Mister Fister posted:

I'm joyous at the Revis signing, but why only 1 year?

Have a good year, get one last buku bucks contract.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Checkmate motherfuckers.

@nyjets
BREAKING: We've agreed to terms with RT Breno Giacomini

This is even a bigger joke than not giving Revis 12M. Streif is CLEARLY a better player according to every rating available and this clueless moron signs his old player from the the Seahawks, because gently caress you jets fans, thats why.

Marco D. Sanchez
Nov 17, 2009

Jets sign Ted Ginn to clown Revis :smug:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

The Altar of the Bolo

Done. Wait, how does this work? Do I kill a steer or father 15 children or...?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Have a good year, get one last buku bucks contract.

Did he not do well in Tampa? I don't think I saw Tampa play last year.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

guys there's faint hope

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
Revis’ business manager RT @JohnGeiger_: As of now, nothing has been agreed to with Revis and Patriots.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Howie Roseman sits by a phone that's been taken off the hook for the last 12 hours

Places hands behind head. "another job well done"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I need to know what Peter King thinks about this situation.

@SI_PeterKing: Good counter move by Pats, obviously, especially at the price. Would rather have Revis for 1 yr+ a maybe than Talib for 6 at 9 per.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Revis is going to spend the rest of his career signing one year deals with the highest bidder.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!

Ehud posted:

@SI_PeterKing: Good counter move by Pats, obviously, especially at the price. Would rather have Revis for 1 yr+ a maybe than Talib for 6 at 9 per.

I suddenly crave a coffee.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Absolutely.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

But who will Tom Brady throw to?

Dane Sanzenbacher with his 6th touchdown of the season

Matthew Mulligan wraps up a 4-touchdown day here at Gillette

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

euphronius posted:

He had a good season but was terrible misused.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Rapoport all over the place

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 27m
Zo weighs in RT @scottzolak: @RapSheet my source, Revis to Pats….DONE ! #cake

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Ehud posted:

Suck a dick you hack. What a complete homer.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Vertical Lime posted:

guys there's faint hope

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
Revis’ business manager RT @JohnGeiger_: As of now, nothing has been agreed to with Revis and Patriots.

Do not play with me like this. Do not bring back that faint ray of hope only to snuff it out again tomorrow.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
@JohnGeiger_
As of now, nothing has been agreed to with Revis and Patriots.

EDIT: beaten, but I think everyone should relax. That Patriots defense will still suck with Revis.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I'll believe it when he signs with someone else.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the contract's just a little signed, it's still good, it's still good

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
PYF Jet <-> Patriot Patriot <-> Jet turncoat.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Revis is going to spend the rest of his career signing one year deals with the highest bidder.

I mean, it's a good idea as long as you're worth it.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

PantsFreeZone posted:

@JohnGeiger_

EDIT: beaten, but I think everyone should relax. That Patriots defense will still suck with Revis.

Yeah, this. I mean, did they suddenly acquire a complete defense or what?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Maybe the Jets released the news that Revis signed with the Pats to gauge the PR fallout.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
(It's Kyle Brady)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wade Boggs

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Brian Leetch

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Manish says it was Idzik that kiboshed Revis. That's telling on several levels.

euphronius posted:

He was among the best corners in the league, but he wasn't prime Revis. If you ask Revis (and people have), this was not because of injury or age, but because Schiano enjoyed sitting back in soft zones, which is, to put it lightly, not Revis's strengths. The corner market was also kind of erratic; Talib and Sam Shields got paid, but Alterraun Verner did not, and it appears that several other guys have soft markets. Revis, in keeping with his last two deals, is more than willing to bet on himself and take big bucks for shorter to get to the next contract quicker.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
He might not be that much of an upgrade over Talib when he was playing well, but he certainly has been a lot more consistent over his career. If we see more of how the defense played when Talib was at his best last year over the course of the season I am very excited. The defense has taken multiple steps forward over the past few years, and if everyone is healthy this year they could be very good.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

That Which Squeaks posted:

He might not be that much of an upgrade over Talib when he was playing well, but he certainly has been a lot more consistent over his career. If we see more of how the defense played when Talib was at his best last year over the course of the season I am very excited. The defense has taken multiple steps forward over the past few years, and if everyone is healthy this year they could be very good.

Revis inspired Toaster Beef to start drawing comics and that's good enough for me

terrin
May 10, 2005

He might not be that much of an upgrade over Talib when he was playing well,

I just don't agree with this

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

:crossarms:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

He might not be that much of an upgrade over Talib when he was playing well

what now

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

jeffersonlives posted:

The corner market was also kind of erratic; Talib and Sam Shields got paid, but Alterraun Verner did not, and it appears that several other guys have soft markets.

I still don't know why there's been absolutely no word about the market for Tarell Brown. Is his agent just bad at keeping his name in the press, or are teams just not interested in him?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I think we found the opposite of sasflowchart

terrin
May 10, 2005

PantsFreeZone posted:

@JohnGeiger_

Pats defense wasn't bad this year until they had a bunch of injuries. They were left only with linebackers that cannot cover at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cheat fans are just the utter worst.

• Locked thread