Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I didnt know Oklahoma practiced inside of a Kroger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So, if you want to really date yourself on SA(or just in general) then enjoy the knowledge that Mike Gundy is now 46.

I was loving 24 when that happened :psyduck: I don't know where the time went.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

So, if you want to really date yourself on SA(or just in general) then enjoy the knowledge that Mike Gundy is now 46.

I was loving 24 when that happened :psyduck: I don't know where the time went.
I'm excited for the 10 year I'm A Man reunion special in 2018

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Four anonymous high school coaches in Texas talk about the transition from Mack to Strong: http://texas.scout.com/2/1382992.html

They all unanimously agree that Texas A&M and Baylor are better programs than Texas currently. A&M is killing it in recruiting in Texas, but I'm shocked by the Baylor love.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol Andre Debose got a 6th year at Florida.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Zypher posted:

Four anonymous high school coaches in Texas talk about the transition from Mack to Strong: http://texas.scout.com/2/1382992.html

They all unanimously agree that Texas A&M and Baylor are better programs than Texas currently. A&M is killing it in recruiting in Texas, but I'm shocked by the Baylor love.

Baylor has a Heisman trophy and a Big XII Championship in the last 3 years. Of course their program is in a better place than Texas. I don't see how them getting respect is a surprise at all.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

He'd better wrap his knees in bubble wrap.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Baylor is really cool.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Fowler officially taking over Saturday Night play by play with Herbstreit.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Zypher posted:

4 is a really low number

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Odds that these coaches were located in Waco and Stillwater?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Zypher posted:

Texas High School Coaches love Baylor's coach while they don't have much of a relationship with Strong at the moment.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Wouldn't qualify for news in anything but the offseason, but "Bo from Lincoln" calls into Darin Erstad (Nebraska baseball coach)'s radio show
http://sports.omaha.com/2014/03/11/audio-erstad-receives-surprise-call-from-pelini-on-sports-nightly/#.UyHdioW-jEk

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

That's Garbage Time Superstar Andre Debose to you. Guy is going to be a real stud on the Patriots once they go up by 21.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Two home-and-home series announced for '16-'17: A&M-UCLA and Rutgers-Washington.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
We get to join the Enemies of Rutgers Athletics Club :woop:

Also in spring practice news, safety-turned-linebacker Shaq Thompson has been getting reps at RB, where we have probably the most depth on the team. Combined with trying to find a starting QB due to projected starter Cyler Miles' suspension (and probable/hopeful dismissal), there are some odd stories already from Washington

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm sure it's run into the ground for a bunch of people by now but I seriously laugh every time I read "the Enemies of Rutgers Athletics"

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
No it's definitely still the funniest thing that I've ever read in this forum.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Regnevelc posted:

Odds that these coaches were located in Waco and Stillwater?

You mean College Station, not Stillwater.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

MourningView posted:

I'm sure it's run into the ground for a bunch of people by now but I seriously laugh every time I read "the Enemies of Rutgers Athletics"

I mean, I have seen it a bunch, but what is the origin of it?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The Rutgers athletic department Everything scandal.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swickles posted:

I mean, I have seen it a bunch, but what is the origin of it?

when their basketball coach got fired for being an abusive rear end in a top hat mcmagic unironically said "the enemies of rutgers athletics are having a very good day" or something like that and it is the funniest thing that has ever happened

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

MourningView posted:

when their basketball coach got fired for being an abusive rear end in a top hat mcmagic unironically said "the enemies of rutgers athletics are having a very good day" or something like that and it is the funniest thing that has ever happened

I figured it started during the basketball thing, I guess I should have figured it was mcmagic who coined it. Not even KJI is that delusional.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I think it was also partly due to the governor or mayor or DA or someone getting involved, which started this whole idea of there being a group of people that are opposed to Rutgers athletics or something.

Speaking of which, the A&M home-and-home has apparently replaced our deal with Rutgers for the '16-'17 season, but the games with Rutgers are still on and have been moved to '20-'21

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I didn't think enough people even cared about Rutgers athletics for them to have any enemies.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Lone Star owns, it's my go-to beer.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Didn't the Rutgers athletic department actually circulate a memo or something that included the phrase "enemies of Rutgers athletics"? I thought that was the origin.

Edit: it looks like Louisville is on the list. Their men's basketball team is barely squeaking by RU, 92-31 (!)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

mdemone posted:

I find it exciting to view our games! It's always a treat to see what new manner of failure we will concoct. I've seen us lose basketball games of almost every kind, and I must complete my collection.

Edit: and right on cue, the team comes through yet again with 2 missed FTs while down one point and less than 10 seconds left. Marvelous!

So basically being a VT Bball fan is like being a Redskins fan? I can understand that. I just like to keep track of them from afar because honestly whatever football is the only sport that actually matters.

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

MourningView posted:

It reads like something straight out of the Red Scare which makes it 10x funnier.

I HAVE HERE IN MY HAND A LIST OF 57 GRADUATE ASSISTANTS...

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Some people have suggested that PSU-Rutgers should become a trophy game and the trophy be George Washington's hat or something. Lots of potential for something ridiculous there so I hope it comes to be.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Sash! posted:

Some people have suggested that PSU-Rutgers should become a trophy game and the trophy be George Washington's hat or something. Lots of potential for something ridiculous there so I hope it comes to be.

A Hessian's hat would be much cooler-looking.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Two home-and-home series announced for '16-'17: A&M-UCLA and Rutgers-Washington.

LSU is apparently in talks to start a home-and-home in '15 with...Syracuse. :downsgun:

It's better than some of the directional bullshit schools they've played and Syracuse is now an ACC team, so...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'M SORRY THE BIG TEN ONLY HAS ONE HAT

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Zypher posted:

I'm not sure if I've ever witnessed a time when Texas and Texas A&M were really good during the same extended period. Usually one's riding high when the other's on the ropes.

Also, it looks like Rice backed out of their agreement to play Houston this year. gently caress you nerds, I'm glad we beat you in baseball a few weeks ago.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Wanvig posted:

I'm not sure if I've ever witnessed a time when Texas and Texas A&M were really good during the same extended period. Usually one's riding high when the other's on the ropes.

1995 and 1998 had them both finish top 15, and they were both competitive for most of the mid to late 90s, but yeah it hasn't been very common. It is part of what made that rivalry fun, because it let one side play spoiler.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

DuckHuntDog posted:

1995 and 1998 had them both finish top 15, and they were both competitive for most of the mid to late 90s, but yeah it hasn't been very common. It is part of what made that rivalry fun, because it let one side play spoiler.

They were both 8-4 last year! :hist101:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The former Fiesta Bowl CEO got 8 months in the federal pen today for all that poo poo they did. Earlier this week the IRS announced audits for a bunch of bowl organizations as well.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Heaf posted:

Not recently. Maybe the new anti-depressants are working. Also, I should have said "You're from Long Island, you would know your away around a wasteland" because that is a cool and sick burn.

What the eff this isn't even true

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The former Fiesta Bowl CEO got 8 months in the federal pen today for all that poo poo they did. Earlier this week the IRS announced audits for a bunch of bowl organizations as well.

Can we either get a link to the story or a rundown of what happened for those (me) that don't know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

Can we either get a link to the story or a rundown of what happened for those (me) that don't know?

Link. What he was sentenced for today:

quote:

John Junker was sentenced after pleading guilty two years ago to a conspiracy charge in the scheme in which bowl employees made illegal campaign contributions to politicians and were reimbursed by the nonprofit bowl.

Bowl employees were reimbursed at least $46,000 for such contributions.
Also there was shitloads of bowl money spent on parties and strippers, etc., and dozens of politicians were given arguably improper benefits like free tickets, but no charges ever came of that.

• Locked thread