Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Nawid posted:

If the Raiders are right about Veldheer, I think the Cards may be in for a rough season.

When are the Raiders right about anything?

Ginn will be that Bruce Arians deep threat the Cards didn't have before, and the line will hopefully give old man Palmer time to throw. Pretty sure he will do fine alongside Fitz and Floyd and Ellington, and probably better than Javier arenas' worthless rear end at kick returns. All he has to do is run fast.

Edit: Peterson doesn't return kicks and might not do punts now? He was bad last year/never got kicked to.

bigmcgaffney fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Gerty posted:

A lot of this sounds like bullshit to me. That's some pretty sketchy "logic" he uses sometimes. He makes some good points, but it's mostly reads like a politician explaining why his opponents are foolish and he has all the answers.

What specifically did you disagree with, out of curiosity?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

waah posted:

AND

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261224001 <- Vs ATL in 2007
Where Chris Weinke went 4/7 for 32 yards 1 TD, 2 Picks and 21 yards lost in sacks and Carolina still won.

I don't know if these are records for how little passing yards you can have and still win, but we might see more like this! Stay tuned!

Oh come on now, that game was the birth of the wild cat, when Dan Henning almost exclusively ran DeAngelo on the single wing and Atlanta could do absolutely nothing to stop it. 4 yards every time.

And Ginn is still complete dog poo poo, even if he still has good top end speed and clowned the Patriots during the sunday night game. I've never seen someone with less field awareness, and christ his hands.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 14, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If nothing else Vic is amazing at trolling Packers fans. He could post here and fit right in.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

And Ginn is still complete dog poo poo, even if he still has good top end speed and clowned the Patriots during the sunday night game. I've never seen someone with less field awareness, and christ his hands.

You have a link about Ginn's bad hands, and yet somehow I don't hear Snoop Dogg?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I just have a sinking feeling that if we get Steve Smith he's going to drop a gamewinner in the playoffs/game needed to get into the playoffs.

This is the legend of all Baltimore FA receivers. Even Boldin got thunk'd in the hands and dropped an important one in the 2010 divisional that would've moved the chains.

So it is written.

Then again Steve Smith getting in some dude's head on the Bengals/Steelers would be hilarious. Smith clowning Talib last season was a thing of beauty.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Marketing New Brain posted:

You have a link about Ginn's bad hands, and yet somehow I don't hear Snoop Dogg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYSxJgjjJFc

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Vic owns and those FA comments are on the money.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

bigmcgaffney posted:

When are the Raiders right about anything?

Name the players that the Raiders have let go and gone on to amazing careers.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Nawid posted:

Moss, and to a lesser extent Hall just off the top of my head.

e: Moss may have been traded for pennies on the dollar, I forget the exact circumstances.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nawid posted:

This might say more about the kind of players they have to begin with.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Marketing New Brain posted:

Moss, and to a lesser extent Hall just off the top of my head.

e: Moss may have been traded for pennies on the dollar, I forget the exact circumstances.
We didn't really have a choice with Moss.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Holy crap I never knew it was that bad.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nawid posted:

Kerry Collins and JT O Sullivan

Butthead
May 31, 2011

Nawid posted:

Charles Woodson

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Woodson is about the only player that the Raiders drafted in 'recent' memory that went elsewhere and played at a high level. I don't think Moss/Collins/Hall Really count

And even Woodson was drafted in 1998 which I would say was before AL lost it

Edit: So if you get a player that the Raiders willingly let go I'd be wary

Edit 2: Stevie Brown is ok

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 14, 2014

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Nnamdi Asohahahahahaha sorry, I can't even try to finish that. gently caress you Nnamdi.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

I just have a sinking feeling that if we get Steve Smith he's going to drop a gamewinner in the playoffs/game needed to get into the playoffs.

This is the legend of all Baltimore FA receivers. Even Boldin got thunk'd in the hands and dropped an important one in the 2010 divisional that would've moved the chains.

So it is written.

Then again Steve Smith getting in some dude's head on the Bengals/Steelers would be hilarious. Smith clowning Talib last season was a thing of beauty.

I'm really counting on Smith's ego to kill any potential deal. I'd be shocked if we signed Steve Smith and drafted a receiver in the first two rounds and I'll be livid if we don't draft a receiver in the first two rounds. With this year's WR crop it will be like watching Keenan Allen explode after passing on him twice in the draft except with 7 different guys.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

waah posted:

I don't know if these are records for how little passing yards you can have and still win, but we might see more like this! Stay tuned!

Since the merger, for those curious. The two funniest are the Bills beating the Jets in '74 going 0-for-2, although I've heard that was in awful weather, and the Oilers beating the Bengals in '81 with one completion for three yards. :laugh:

Anyway, any news on the Wilfork situation? Like, are they going to have to release him by a certain date to avoid paying him some kind of bonus, as sometimes happens in these situations, or might this take some time to actually develop?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fartknocker posted:

Since the merger, for those curious. The two funniest are the Bills beating the Jets in '74 going 0-for-2, although I've heard that was in awful weather, and the Oilers beating the Bengals in '81 with one completion for three yards. :laugh:

Anyway, any news on the Wilfork situation? Like, are they going to have to release him by a certain date to avoid paying him some kind of bonus, as sometimes happens in these situations, or might this take some time to actually develop?

I don't think there's a certain date, seems to be just a case of him being due $7.5 mil this year, them not wanting to pay him that given circumstances (injury/age), and asking for a restructure being the last straw for him.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Butthead posted:

So I’ve been reading some Ask Vic articles on the Packers website by Vic Ketchman, and he has some really good insights about free agency. It brings a bit of humble pie to the teams that just spent big and think they’ve solved their issues.
The articles mix in non free agency related questions, and are Packer heaver, so here are the highlights I wanted to share. I apologize in advance for the length:
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/My-inbox-is-insane-just-spend-baby/99fb58b2-c749-478a-98e9-5916717fc88f

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...25-ece158595dc6
This guy is loving great.

The Raiders... not so much.

Sucks about Golden, I'll miss his hands, but the Seahawks will make due.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Brannock posted:

If nothing else Vic is amazing at trolling Packers fans. He could post here and fit right in.
Every one of his responses felt like a post in TFF, he would definitely fit right in.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Good post in the comments section (:lol:) of the first link:

Jack Parkman posted:

There were 12 Team's who didn't sign any FA's yesterday. 3 of them included.

Seattle, Baltimore, and GB

3 of the last 4 SB winners.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

smuggler posted:

Good post in the comments section (:lol:) of the first link:

makes u think

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I like the Thurmond possibility a lot more than Chris Cook, at least. Still hoping for them to work something out with Brown most of all. Edelman... I guess it depends on what the deal is. If it's a Manningham-type situation, where everyone thinks he'll get a big-money deal but they snag him for cheap unexpectedly then fine. I wouldn't want them to invest considerable money in him though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I like the Thurmond possibility a lot more than Chris Cook, at least. Still hoping for them to work something out with Brown most of all. Edelman... I guess it depends on what the deal is. If it's a Manningham-type situation, where everyone thinks he'll get a big-money deal but they snag him for cheap unexpectedly then fine. I wouldn't want them to invest considerable money in him though.

Please take Thurmond so that Parrish Cox can leave until Thurmond is injured forever

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

Why didn't Finley finish Perish Cox when he had the chance?

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I wonder what ghee got from the chargers, I know the bengals carried him for a few years expecting big things but he was always injured. Maybe zimmer was going to bat for him, but it seems odd to have built a prospect and then oet him go for what I would imagine is cheap when your players at that position are old, or not highly skilled, anyways. now again we're talking about a guy who's made all of no impact, so maybe I'm just over-reacting, its just not a good omen, in my opinion.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
@RapSheet
Source: Ex-#Seahawks CB Brandon Browner has reached a two-year agreement with the #Patriots. Must serve 4-game suspension to start 2014

Blehhh, not surprising though.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Vhak lord of hate posted:

@RapSheet
Source: Ex-#Seahawks CB Brandon Browner has reached a two-year agreement with the #Patriots. Must serve 4-game suspension to start 2014

They got guys that can catch the ball, but for the wrong side of the field. Looking forward to the dynamic duo of Kenbrell Tompkins and Aaron Dobson when Gronk and Amendola inevitably shatter into pieces again.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
God gently caress the Pats.

Just...

Guh.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

quote:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Free agent WR Emmanuel Sanders heads to KC to visit the #Chiefs tomorrow, according to a source.

Please don't let him leave without a contract Dorsey.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If the Saints signed Browner, or anyone, wouldn't the league just bounce the contract?

After the Sproles trade, the Saints are some 2 million under the cap.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

They'll cut Evans next offseason and Colston/Grubbs the offseason afterward and will be mostly fine.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Browner probably just got signed because his agent's line change is coming up.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Nawid posted:

If the Raiders are right about Veldheer, I think the Cards may be in for a rough season.
Palmer is used to blindside strip sacks from Veldheer's man and throwing deep to speedy receivers with questionable hands.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Brandon Pettigrew to the Lions for a 4 year deal. Detroit_Dogg and Mr. Sandman have fallen through on talks for the 5th straight niight.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know if Jamarcus Russel is still trying for a come back?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Brandon Pettigrew to the Lions for a 4 year deal. Detroit_Dogg and Mr. Sandman have fallen through on talks for the 5th straight niight.

Blech. Was hoping the Jets would get him but oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Vhak lord of hate posted:

@RapSheet

Probably need another source just to be sure, that was the same guy who botched the original report...

• Locked thread