Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Fucker just relisted the 2002 for 2500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

13 INCH DICK posted:

That dick. You should find some spiders and infest that car with them.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

13 INCH DICK posted:

Yeah, that's why I was kind of surprised at the listing in the first place and was encouraging you jump on it.

All of that said, selling the Honda for twice what you paid for it is still a good deal and even if this one guy is jacking up his price, if you're patient there are still deals to be found out there.

Sorry about that though, it's always a bummer when that happens.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

To be fair, unless there's a serious condition problem that 2002 is worth $2500. At least.

It's dickish to raise the price after agreeing to it with a buyer, though.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
I was sitting here thinking, what could I cheer you up with?

I found this: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4360607523.html

The pass fender could use some hammer pounding, but the rest is pretty awesome.

In fact, if I didn't have the 2002 right now I'd probably buy the poo poo out of that.

Oooh, also: http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/4377002672.html

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
The PNW, proof you can buy a rust free old car WITH a nice interior...

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

To be fair, unless there's a serious condition problem that 2002 is worth $2500. At least.

It's dickish to raise the price after agreeing to it with a buyer, though.
Just leave your offer on the table and hope he comes back to you. Although someone will probably buy it for 2.5 as well, so the question is how much you want it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I want it, but I'm unlikely to be able to afford it with the newest price jump and quite frankly its the only car on CL I want. And the whole price jump whether justified or not is a serious pet peeve of mine, possibly enough to walk away from because I'm not going to get in a dick waving bid war

e: found the ad again and back to 1900 maybe I saw an old version of the ad

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 16, 2014

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Buy it.

Now.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That would require the eager beaver who wanted to meet me today to buy the Civic to actually have his phone on.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
I saw your car's little sibling getting kolaches this morning in Nashville.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Came off freeway. Out of nowhere temp gauge pegs. Pull over, boiling over. Pyrometer readings of 250 at radiator, 225 at thermostat, hoses were both 205. Fan wasn't running. Jumpered fan motor it spins, got a new cooling fan switch coming through work.

Why was the heat most concentrated in the radiator like that? I mean I get its purposes but usually its cooler than the engine being away from the heat source.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

13 INCH DICK posted:

Why was the heat most concentrated in the radiator like that? I mean I get its purposes but usually its cooler than the engine being away from the heat source.

When you stop moving and the heat load starts to sink from the coolant to the things around it the radiator is going to do it first/most effectively.

So basically everything was at least 250. But you weren't reading direct coolant temps - you were reading the temps of things that have coolant in them with very different heat transfer properties.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Could it also indicate a blocked return or is that red herring?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The last time he checked there were no fish in his coolant system

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Boiled over getting it back to the shop.

Replaced the fan switch and OEM radiator cap, the fan switch had peg terminals which of course the old connectors disintigrated on removal and the parts store didn't have any so I loving stripped some wire and zip tied it to the terminals and it works. No more boiling over but still seems to run warm in stop and go which I understand is the hardest time for heat dispersal.

And to the jackasses who keep seeing me maintaining an appropriate following distance in the rain and decide to cut over in front of me and brake check to slow down, this is my contact patch.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

My mountainbike tyres are wider than that.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Didn't you know? 3/4 of a car length is an invitation :)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

veedubfreak posted:

Didn't you know? 3/4 of a car length is an invitation :)

That's the problem, they were using 13's car's length as the reference.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That's the problem, they were using 13's car's length as the reference.

That's only like two grocery cart lengths right?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well eyeball the above picture and know that the rim is 12" diameter so extrapolate from there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

13 INCH DICK posted:

Well eyeball the above picture and know that the rim is 12" diameter so extrapolate from there.

It's just a bigass roller skate.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

13 INCH DICK posted:

You should get some 15"s and be a baller.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
4X120mm :negative:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Get some Aero race steelies made up then.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Adapters and mexiflush.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Some gold 13" hundred spoke Dayton knock offs would look fly as hell

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

It's just a bigass roller skate.

A tacoma isnt really a fullsize truck these days and look where my roof line is.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

13 INCH DICK posted:

A tacoma isnt really a fullsize truck these days and look where my roof line is.

You know how those dudes assembled a model of a classic Mini inside of a new one a while back? You could probably do the same with your Civic inside a modern one.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Fucknag posted:

You know how those dudes assembled a model of a classic Mini inside of a new one a while back? You could probably do the same with your Civic inside a modern one.

I'd really like to see this if you have a link. A quick google didn't find it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well, gently caress, I couldn't find it either. Hopefully someone else knows what I'm talking about and shares the link?

They kind of cheated by removing the engine and firewall, but the point was to demonstrate how much bigger the body is.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Fucknag posted:

Well, gently caress, I couldn't find it either. Hopefully someone else knows what I'm talking about and shares the link?

They kind of cheated by removing the engine and firewall, but the point was to demonstrate how much bigger the body is.

I remember what you are talking about. Wasn't it done by Mini? Either way, I remember seeing something like that with a cardboard model of a original mini inside a new one. Of course I can't find anything with google either.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Just chiming in to say that I saw this and thought of you.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/690446657

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I was thinking of this car the other day because I saw a guy swapping a Chinese 150cc motor into a 49cc Ruckus. Then he turboed it.

I guess what I'm saying is, you should triple the displacement. Then turbo it. I bet if you wait around a Honda Goldwing long enough they'll lowside and you can pull what's left of the frame into the hatch and speed off.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

The text in the lower right picture says "Mini Countryman with pre-eclampsia" btw.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Noticed a dude trying to get a picture of my honda on my morning commute so I adjusted to match his speed so he could line up the shot, he had a huge grin too :3:

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I think I found the picture.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

13 INCH DICK posted:

Noticed a dude trying to get a picture of my honda on my morning commute so I adjusted to match his speed so he could line up the shot, he had a huge grin too :3:

You sped up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
His car doesn't really speed up, it just becomes a little less slow

• Locked thread