Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
In defense of the show, if you're looking for a plot driven zombie fiction then I'm not sure why or how you made it past season 2. This show has always been about the humans finding new ways to live, physically/emotionally/spiritually/communally/etc. We can always safely assume that the "plot" will be 'search for safe place, find conflict' then 'find safe place, but also new conflict' then 'leave now unsafe place, find new conflict' then 'search for new safe place' etc. Knowing Terminus or DC as the next 'places' isn't really the point of the show.

radical meme posted:

I'm one of the "self-admit to just hate watching" people. So much so that back in the Fall, when Rick left Carol stranded, I deleted the rest of the episodes from my DVR and haven't watched it since. A year or two from now, I may binge watch some more but that did it for me on the weekly grind of watching the same people make the same mistakes and do the same stupid things over and over and over. Before Carol was screwed over, I was already disappointed in the stupidity of the Fall episodes with the whole swine flu, we've got pigs sick but, nobody ever once bothered to ask Hershel, whose a drat vet by the way, to take a look at the sick pigs. It was just too hard to be emotionally invested in a show with people that dumb. Binge watching seems like the only way I could enjoy this show anymore since for a while I've felt that if these people are the future of the human race, then let it all end.

I'm legitimately convinced that the writers forgot Herschel was a vet and just started treating him like a doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 7, 2014

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

What are the odds Tyrese's sister is gonna die? My money's on "pretty high" She's the least developed character, it would gin up drama for Tyrese and Bob, she's not a fan favorite, and they gotta kill someone because it would be fairly lame if getting forced out of the prison didn't result in anyone dying

If she suddenly in one episode get a lot of focus and characterization then odds are good her number's been pulled.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

I don't know I feel with Clem's hat being on Hersh

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Naet posted:

I'm legitimately convinced that the writers forgot Herschel was a vet and just started treating him like a doctor.
He reallocated all his stats after leaving the farm.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RIP hilarious thread title :smith:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Surlaw posted:

I'm not saying this won't happen but I'm still saying it would be the stupidest twist the show's ever pulled.

Well, then, prepare your body, because that's what's going down.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Anyone else think that the dialogue in this run is the worse the season has ever produced?

“We don’t know if anybody got out.” “No, we do.”
"Not everything has to mean something." "No, it doesn't have to, but it can."
"I don't know. But Hershel, Maggie's father, was a great man. And he told me all I had to do was believe, and that's what I'm gonna do."
"Up until now, I thought you were the toughest person I ever met. Which is kind of weird,'cause you were the sweetest, too."
"If Tyreese were alive, he'd go for Terminus. I know you know that. So why do you think he's dead? Or are you just too afraid to find out if he is or not?"

If I ever heard one of those lines in real life, I would think wow, that sounds like something from a bad TV show.

The only storyline I was finding even remotely interesting of the past five episodes is Beth and Daryl. Of course that's the one character combination they decided to split up. I don't feel that they told us anything especially interesting or that the characters had any interesting development in all the other story lines since leaving the prison. It all just seems to be wasting time or stalling until the season ends and they arrive at Terminus. Please God have Glenn and Maggie find each other soon because their scenes are really boring as gently caress now since all they ever think or talk about is finding each other. I'm also getting really sick of "Tyreese may have lived Sasha." and "Why do you think Tyresse is dead, Sasha" I can see why a lot of people who wanted the characters to leave the prison are now regretting that thought and complaining that they're just wandering around aimlessly.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Super Ninja Fish posted:

If I ever heard one of those lines in real life, I would think wow, that sounds like something from a bad TV show.

That's basically what happened in True Detective and the only saving grace there was that the other main character told him to cut it out.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I really don't like the musical montages in the show.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Melissa McBride will be on Talking Dead after this.

I'm just looking forward to seeing Carol again.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Carol murder inc

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

messagemode1 posted:

I really don't like the musical montages in the show.

They are alright. It's just that they use them too much.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Carol murder inc

Yeah, she murders the crazy kid.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
literally fallout 3

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Anyone who thinks that the little girl killed those 2 people is dumb

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Happy domestic scene

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Holy poo poo...playing with a walker?

Maybe not, thought it was...

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
So The Walking Dead is just ripping off pretty much every successful post apocalyptic fiction available at this point? That was very Fallouty.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
That zombie has some crazy juke skills.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Certified Grade A Crazy. :thumbsup:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Illuen posted:

So The Walking Dead is just ripping off pretty much every successful post apocalyptic fiction available at this point? That was very Fallouty.

I was expecting Ron Perlman over the opening.

It felt really intentional. Someone on the staff is a Fallout fan.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

"I'm not going to miss you. I'm a drat good shot"

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Mokinokaro posted:

I was expecting Ron Perlman over the opening.

It felt really intentional. Someone on the staff is a Fallout fan.

Maybe they're just an Ink Spots fan :colbert:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dead on your feet lolololol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hahahah Carol is so psycho

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
LOL- nice dead rabbit slam.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
And thankfully the conversation stops short before they inevitably argue who is the group's "Jim"

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
sick hammer holster tho

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Tyrese nooooo!!!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Zombie fall down go boom.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Augh, what a zombie sympathizer. :colbert:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
No little girl, you need man up. :colbert:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

"I'm not my sister. I'm not a budding sociopath"

Bromine
Sep 1, 2003

This is how you funsling, Brett.
HA! "I'm not like my sister. I'm not messed up"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Killing walkers is wrong too? They aren't people anymore...

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Faceplant walker.

Also, I love how crazy Lizzie doesn't want to kill undead things that want to eat her, but she was willing to commit infanticide.

E: I just said that out loud.
v v v v v

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 17, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

YOUR MOM IS DEAD NOW

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

"My mom says everything works out the way it was supposed to. Then she got eaten. I don't see the relation"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ars Arcanum posted:

Faceplant walker.

Also, I love how crazy Lizzie doesn't want to kill undead things that want to eat her, but she was willing to commit infanticide.

Because she's a psycho.

• Locked thread