Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It helps that you don't seem to use any weapons or anything, so you don't get level issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I'm really hoping that the multiplayer is opt in/opt out/anything that isn't always on. When I want multiplayer, I go looking for it, I don't want it thrown at me whenever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's what they said before. It's also not active during missions.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Aphrodite posted:

It helps that you don't seem to use any weapons or anything, so you don't get level issues.

Yeah, so long as the multiplayer is more along the lines of "Some dude hacked your Gibson, go chase him down if you want and get a bonus" and less "some dude shot you in the back of the head, reload from your last checkpoint and hope it doesn't happen again" it's good.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
There's also probably a cap on how much can be stolen at a time.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
There will also probably be a disincentive to killing players as an invader, too. I hope it's not even "you don't get a bonus" but more like "you get an active penalty" since the point should be hacking their stuff, not killing them (or hacking their stuff then killing them).

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Disincentives don't actually work on the people go in to troll on purpose :eng101:

Case study: every competitive game ever that implemented "rear end in a top hat servers," where nobody gives a poo poo about their behavior until they get put on them.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 13, 2014

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Boing posted:

There will also probably be a disincentive to killing players as an invader, too. I hope it's not even "you don't get a bonus" but more like "you get an active penalty" since the point should be hacking their stuff, not killing them (or hacking their stuff then killing them).

I wouldn't be surprised if there's no way to straight-up kill the player you invaded. If you're incapable of presenting any danger to him, then escaping becomes a lot harder and a lot more interesting.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Forget escaping. If you can kill the player whose game you are invading, what's to stop you from finding someone and running them over with a car? If Assassin's Creed is any indication, multiplayer is going to be something that sounds really cool, but relies way too much on people playing the ~right way~

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Everything I have seen suggests you can't kill the player you are invading until you have hacked them. I haven't seen a single clip of footage suggesting you can attack them before that. If it was possible, surely we would have seen some evidence of that by now.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Funso Banjo posted:

Everything I have seen suggests you can't kill the player you are invading until you have hacked them. I haven't seen a single clip of footage suggesting you can attack them before that. If it was possible, surely we would have seen some evidence of that by now.
Details haven't been clarified and there's little multiplayer information to go off of. Who knows what gameplay systems have changed since previous reveals?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
While normally I am a huge baby about this sort of thing/too cheap to pay for Console online (one PS4 Copy = Me and brother can reasonably play, vs buying two copies for PC because-), somebody taking me out by way of hacked Ice Cream truck or construction equipment would be a lot more entertaining than "Ghost man stabs me in game I am terrible at".

I am also hoping that if those automated road barriers we've seen featured are timed just right, that you can launch cars with them. If that means it could be done to me it is a small price to pay.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I might day-one this if I can hack an icecream truck and the game becomes an ice cream vendor simulator.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Funso Banjo posted:

Even if that's the case, at least you don't have to succeed the hack to kill each other. That one 14 minute walkthrough thing demonstrated at least that much.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
This game and a few others are kicking me in the pants to upgrade up to at least an i7 4770k I like to be stable and upgrade proof for a few years. It's really amazing how much mileage I got out of this Core2Duo but it's like 7 gens behind.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I might day-one this if I can hack an icecream truck and the game becomes an ice cream vendor simulator.

Weaponized vending machines, please.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Death by vending machine, how pointlessly tragic.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Caufman posted:

Yet potentially delicious!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Caufman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l3wOT9cSg4

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I knew this would be a link to Deus Ex, but I was kinda hoping it to be a link to the killer vending machine in Tommyknockers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is still the best video game of all time.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Dvlos posted:

This game and a few others are kicking me in the pants to upgrade up to at least an i7 4770k I like to be stable and upgrade proof for a few years. It's really amazing how much mileage I got out of this Core2Duo but it's like 7 gens behind.

:hf: I thought I was the only one. I realized when I went to install an SSD (first hardware modification) that when I put this desktop together it was 2008. I'm still running modern games on a Radeon 4850.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So, uh... things got weird during the delay.

But on the bright side, at least it won't be quick.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Could have sworn some of the earlier trailers teased the human trafficking thing before. Maybe they expanded it by finishing content they didn't have time to do before, but I'm almost positive I remember seeing a scene with all those screens and such in the trailers before. I don't have the patience to go back and watch all the footage to find it though so maybe I'm wrong?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Naky posted:

Could have sworn some of the earlier trailers teased the human trafficking thing before. Maybe they expanded it by finishing content they didn't have time to do before, but I'm almost positive I remember seeing a scene with all those screens and such in the trailers before. I don't have the patience to go back and watch all the footage to find it though so maybe I'm wrong?

I've been barely paying attention to trailers, but yeah the last trailer I watched had those screens and I figured it meant Obvious Slave Trade. Unless, you know, it was supposed to mean the villain has an Evil Online Dating Site :v:

EDIT: vvv Ah, I sort of assumed with how 90'S EDGY!1 people want to make their games at times (Hello, GTAV) that it was a given that would be in the game, and now the only "difference" is that they spelled it out. I will admit I could have gone without an extreme closeup of some fat guy hitting a women with a table leg purely for LOOK HOW DRAMATIC THIS IS shock value or whatever is planned in my game about killing people with traffic signals and crosswalks. I'm just not surprised they are doing it it all.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 18, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
The difference is that the game apparently referenced it as the plotline, but is now (apparently) making the actual sexual violence a thing that happens in game.

WraithMind
Jan 26, 2011
Someone played through an alpha build and said "This game just doesn't have enough rape."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

WraithMind posted:

Someone played through an alpha build and said "This game just doesn't have enough rape."

Well technically it probably went more like "This game just doesn't have enough reason to hate the antagonists" but I guess that falls under the same purview.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

WraithMind posted:

I think it was more like KLK or whatever where it was like "I don't really think the fanbase will detest this character enough until we make them truly reprehensible"

Which says more about their character design than anything but

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Chicago ctOS.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I wonder if calling the company, which gives up your freedom for security, Blume is a small crack at Bloomberg.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Back Hack posted:

I wonder if calling the company, which gives up your freedom for security, Blume is a small crack at Bloomberg.

I don't know, but I'm going to see how many of my friends fall for this and start pulling out tinfoil hats.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's actually a secret hint that every NPC will be voiced by Steve Blum. Just like in every other video game ever!

frumpsnake
Jan 30, 2001

The sad part is, he wasn't always evil.

ProfessorCirno posted:

The difference is that the game apparently referenced it as the plotline, but is now (apparently) making the actual sexual violence a thing that happens in game.

It still ridiculous that a film with graphic depictions of rape, say, either version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, gets an MA15+ in Australia while a game can't even imply or reference it.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

frumpsnake posted:

It still ridiculous that a film with graphic depictions of rape, say, either version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, gets an MA15+ in Australia while a game can't even imply or reference it.

The movie Taken was entirely about sexual slavery and rape and it was MA15+ too.

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Is there any information as to the skill point assignation? Will you be given limited points that will not allow you to max out particular skills, or by end game you're expected to be the best at everything?

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Some disgruntled employee has put hidden links in the website's source code...

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-CA/game/watchdogs/watchdogs/image-0_96921.jpg
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-CA/game/watchdogs/watchdogs/Jordi_Crop_100339.png
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-CA/game/watchdogs/watchdogs/image-1_96922.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/136/4/5/watch_dogs_logo_vector_by_darsephtan-d65fwzk.jpg

"WATCHDOGS ARE WATCHING"

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Is that logo in the last link being vaguely similar to the assassins creed logo intentional?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

kanonvandekempen posted:

Is that logo in the last link being vaguely similar to the assassins creed logo intentional?

I think they just like elephants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I hope they don't tie this game in Assassin Creed, I'm so tired of that game's condiluted black & white retarded story.

• Locked thread