Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

warheadr posted:

Not content to let Clemson get all the suspensions for their matchup in a few months, UGA had four players go and get arrested tonight

Why does this keep happening?

Serious;y, why does this keep happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Well

The thing I keep hearing

The thing is

Mark Richt has lost con:suicide:

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Because 18 year olds are loving idiots and Richt's moral high ground makes it a lot shittier than it needs to be. ~standards~

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ESPN posted:

Indiana Hoosiers freshman receiver Isaac Griffith is in critical condition and in a medically induced coma after a swimming accident Monday in Florida, the Indianapolis Star reported.

His father, Shannon Griffith, who is the football coach at Division III Manchester University, said via Twitter that his son was in an accident "involving a rip current" in Sarasota, Fla.

"My wife, Kim, and I have been at Isaac's bedside since 2 AM we are encouraged with his progress in ICU but we have small battles to face and are asking for your thoughts and prayers," Shannon Griffith said early Tuesday morning in a series of tweets after flying to Sarasota to be by his son's bedside. "... His vitals are stable but we still need for continue prayer for his lungs."

His father said his son was still on a ventilator to help his lungs heal.

The school released a statement saying: "We are aware of Isaac Griffith's condition. Our prayers are with Isaac and his family and we ask Hoosier Nation to keep the Griffith family in their thoughts."

The Fort Wayne native verbally committed to the Hoosiers in June 2012.

Jesus :smith:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Speaking of discipline issues, Texas DB Leroy Scott and FB Chet Moss have been kicked off the team for violating unspecified rules. Moss isn't really a loss but Scott was expected to start this year.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently those Georgia players got caught cashing some stipend checks online from their phones then trying to cash them again physically.

Lol what the gently caress is a routing number

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Apparently those Georgia players got caught cashing some stipend checks online from their phones then trying to cash them again physically.

Lol what the gently caress is a routing number

Modern technology is hard, man. It takes kids a while to figure it out.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Christ, even if you have no understanding of how that poo poo actually works, how could you possibly believe you're the first person to discover this one weird trick and that the bank has no way of detecting it?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

You know, for once I'm going to think someone over thought something, and wager they assumed that the number was effectively like a credit card number. Someone had a very misunderstood idea of how they process checks based on how retail businesses use them these days.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Christ, even if you have no understanding of how that poo poo actually works, how could you possibly believe you're the first person to discover this one weird trick and that the bank has no way of detecting it?

Not only that, but it's a trick that the Big Banks and compliance officers don't want you to know!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Alternatively, "The worst thing that could happen is the bank just refuses to cash it!"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

18 year olds are really, really stupid.

I'm actually kind of surprised that more people don't try to do this. I'm only 30 and am wierded out by the idea of people depositing checks via their phones. Not because of the mobile banking part, but because the check is still held by the person doing the mobile deposit with no markings on it to indicate it has been processed.

Of course, I also get real mad at the old people in front of me who write checks at the grocery store because the store just converts it to an ETF and processes it immediately anyway. Use your god drat debit card and stop making me wait an extra 15 seconds, rear end in a top hat.

And don't even get me started on people who wait for the checker to finish everything before they swipe their card and start pressing buttons. Those people are just as bad as the check writers.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 18, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

18 year olds are really, really stupid.

I'm actually kind of surprised that more people don't try to do this. I'm only 30 and am wierded out by the idea of people depositing checks via their phones. Not because of the mobile banking part, but because the check is still held by the person doing the mobile deposit with no markings on it to indicate it has been processed.

Of course, I also get real mad at the old people in front of me who write checks at the grocery store because the store just converts it to an ETF and processes it immediately anyway. Use your god drat debit card and stop making me wait an extra 15 seconds, rear end in a top hat.

And don't even get me started on people who wait for the checker to finish everything before they swipe their card and start pressing buttons. Those people are just as bad as the check writers.

my favorite are the people who put more than they can afford on the belt and have to sift through bags at the end to decide which things they want to put back.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

my favorite are the people who put more than they can afford on the belt and have to sift through bags at the end to decide which things they want to put back.

Side question.. are you going to defend your second pl;ace March Matness finish from last year?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Declan MacManus posted:

Alternatively, "The worst thing that could happen is the bank just refuses to cash it!"

I have done it by accident before and that's exactly what happened. I even got all indignant until they showed me the transaction from before. Then I sheepishly apologized and that was the end of it. I feel like these guys must have gone some extra mile attempting to deceive the bank for charges to be pressed.

Or maybe they tried to cash it at like a check cashing place after they phone-deposited it at the bank?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thermos H Christ posted:

Or maybe they tried to cash it at like a check cashing place after they phone-deposited it at the bank?

That's exactly what they did.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Side question.. are you going to defend your second pl;ace March Matness finish from last year?

yes! Just trying to figure out how I want to fill out the rest of my roster!

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Thoguh posted:

That's exactly what they did.

That probably explains it. I just accidentally tried to deposit the same check twice at the same bank, I didn't try to make off with any of their cash. And even if I did, I guess they could just take it out of my account.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
So apparently LHN put this photo up on a website, then took it down yesterday when it started receiving comments. See if you can spot why.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is the forum that loves Donald Driver, all of us are going to see that right away.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

So apparently LHN put this photo up on a website, then took it down yesterday when it started receiving comments. See if you can spot why.

A true longhorn

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Is that Chris Rumph?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
In other pointless offseason Texas news, Mack Brown unleashed a pretty sweet accidental burn on Twitter:

Mack Brown ‏@UT_MackBrown Mar 12
“@jonarens: @UT_MackBrown stuck on an island and can only bring non human 3 things?”J Jamail, Re McCombs & Pres Bush

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm starting to think that I should be following Mack Brown on Twitter.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Thermos H Christ posted:

We need a smiley for when you're simultaneously impressed and slightly emasculated

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Raku posted:

We need a smiley for when you're simultaneously impressed and slightly emasculated

:romo:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

LA Times says Lane Kiffin's $6.5 million house in Manhattan Beach has been sold to Vince Vaughn. So, that's something.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Ugh, get him the gently caress out of Manhattan Beach.

edit: Oh, Kiffin lived on that side of Sepulveda? Who the gently caress spends $6+ million dollars for a home in Manhattan Beach on the wrong side of the PCH?

Zypher fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 18, 2014

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Baylor continues to strengthen their OOC schedule with a game in 2019 against... University of the Incarnate Word.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
When the gently caress did they boost up from D2?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

What kind of loving school is that?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
A really small Catholic one that's team isn't even 10 years old.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The Incarnate Word Cardinals. Of course.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That rules. Go Cardinals.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

VDay posted:

Baylor continues to strengthen their OOC schedule with a game in 2019 against... University of the Incarnate Word.

holy poo poo that is actually a thing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
San Diego State has added a home and home series with UCLA in 2019-2020

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Detroit_Dogg posted:

18 wins in program history. Formidable!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
It was originally charted as a college for women in 1881. It became co-ed in 1970.

:laffo:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Just this last season.

They're in San Antonio, and they're the largest Catholic university in Texas, which isn't saying much.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Whoops, double post

edit:

Thermos H Christ posted:

:stonk:

General Dog fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 18, 2014

• Locked thread