Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Back Hack posted:

I hope they don't tie this game in Assassin Creed, I'm so tired of that game's condiluted black & white retarded story.

They've already confirmed that they won't, outside of a single email reference in the most recent one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

It looked cool until the big flash part w/ the dots started and it just lagged to poo poo.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Skyl3lazer posted:

It looked cool until the big flash part w/ the dots started and it just lagged to poo poo.
Laggy poo poo is the future of web design, unfortunately. :/

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Didn't get any lag on Chrome.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

ijyt posted:

Didn't get any lag on Chrome.

Nope, no lag on Firefox, either.

Rather lacking in interesting content, though. Not the most exciting publicity website I've ever seen, for sure.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I didn't see any Flash at all, that I could find. Maybe it falls back to that for older browsers?

Most recent NVIDIA GeForce driver mentions an updated SLI profile for Watch Dogs. THIS THING COULD BE GETTING REAL. :dance:

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Back Hack posted:

I hope they don't tie this game in Assassin Creed, I'm so tired of that game's condiluted black & white retarded story.

Being 'condiluted' is the opposite of being black and white.

WraithMind
Jan 26, 2011

SaviourX posted:

You'd think.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
Looks like there'll be exclusive PS4 content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVS-XIWgU0s

Graphics seem a better in this trailer compared to the last.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Zohar posted:

Looks like there'll be exclusive PS4 content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVS-XIWgU0s

Graphics seem a better in this trailer compared to the last.

Goons took video from a .gif out of context, color me shocked.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Rad Valtar posted:

Goons took video from a .gif out of context, color me shocked.

You might be right, but after Dark Souls 2 I'd wait till the game is out before saying that.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

SaviourX posted:

That's what is so annoying about it, they take these deep historic events, not broad settings that take place during a specific event in history, the actual events! Most of which had complicated issues and conflicts, and then whittle them down to nothing so they can shoe-horn them into a very poorly written story where everything that ever happened is a struggle between the club of do-gooders and saints vs. the legion of mustache twirling, seal clubbing, evil.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 21, 2014

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
The graphics are going to be good but they aren't the holy poo poo mind blowing graphics from a few years ago. They scaled them back a little bit, but it won't look like a PS3/360 game or anything.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

SaviourX posted:

"Condiluted" isn't a word so it doesn't mean anything.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Back Hack posted:

That's what is so annoying about it, they take these deep historic events, not broad settings that take place during a specific event in history, the actual events! Most of which had complicated issues and conflicts, and then whittle them down to nothing so they can shoe-horn them into a very poorly written story where everything that ever happened is a struggle between the club of do-gooders and saints vs. the legion of mustache twirling, seal clubbing, evil.

This is basically what happens with every presentation of history in any medium, if the primary intent isn't to present the nuances of a specific event. There are Oscar-nominee exceptions, but they're indeed exceptional. I don't know that one could reasonably expect more from something whose primary motivation is an action game, and is sampling widely from history as a (good) plot gimmick. Even if they really detailed (wall-of-texted) the tensions behind the events, player agency would likely be limited to "choose a side", and it's a lot of work for one decision point.

Also, some seals have it coming.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bubba Smith posted:

The graphics are going to be good but they aren't the holy poo poo mind blowing graphics from a few years ago. They scaled them back a little bit, but it won't look like a PS3/360 game or anything.

I'm hoping they do something like Sleeping Dogs/ Skyrim where PC owners will have the option to download a high res texture pack. I'm not expecting any mods since it's a Ubisoft game but maybe we will see an ENB for it?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is anything known about when you are/aren't allowed to invade somebody? Because every time I unhollow in Dark Souls I can barely make it to the Solaire/Tarkus sign before getting killed by somebody pantomiming a backstab attack on the far side of the room and being hollow again.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Asehujiko posted:

Is anything known about when you are/aren't allowed to invade somebody? Because every time I unhollow in Dark Souls I can barely make it to the Solaire/Tarkus sign before getting killed by somebody pantomiming a backstab attack on the far side of the room and being hollow again.

Everyone was expecting an AC / Watch Dogs crossover, but the secret is that it'll actually be a DS / Watch Dogs crossover. :ssh:

The network your character syncs his phone with is actually called BONFIRE.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
I'd prefer a Watch Dogs / Nintendogs crossover tbh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asehujiko posted:

You can't be hacked during missions.

And also people have to actually find you in their world or something. You don't just press to pop into someone's, you need to do something to track down players.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ShortThug posted:

Watch Dogs+Cats.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

This is basically what happens with every presentation of history in any medium, if the primary intent isn't to present the nuances of a specific event. There are Oscar-nominee exceptions, but they're indeed exceptional. I don't know that one could reasonably expect more from something whose primary motivation is an action game, and is sampling widely from history as a (good) plot gimmick. Even if they really detailed (wall-of-texted) the tensions behind the events, player agency would likely be limited to "choose a side", and it's a lot of work for one decision point.

Also, some seals have it coming.

The thing is, even when simplifying to the absolute lowest level most games still have conflicts be different things. You have to kill those godless commie bastards, but they aren't the same bastards as the godless Nazi bastards who aren't the same as the wrong god having terrorist bastards who aren't the same as the godless CIA bastards. You might lose every other subtlety of history and have everything played as white hats versus black hats, but at least you have different styles of hat.

Assassin's Creed is "everyone, ever, was working (either knowingly or unknowningly) for one of two factions. Team good, or team evil." All conflicts, no matter the surface layer, were the Assassins fighting the evil Templar oppressors for control of alien artifacts. It's the most boring thing. Even other conspiracy plots like Deus Ex and Metal Gear have secret governments rising, falling, and splitting into new squabbling factions. Assassin's Creed is content to leave everything as goodies, baddies, and aliens.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

ShortThug posted:

Watch These Dogs

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

Skyscraper posted:

Watch These Dogs

Pre-rder now for just 70 Dogecoin.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

chiasaur11 posted:

Assassin's Creed is "everyone, ever, was working (either knowingly or unknowningly) for one of two factions. Team good, or team evil." All conflicts, no matter the surface layer, were the Assassins fighting the evil Templar oppressors for control of alien artifacts. It's the most boring thing. Even other conspiracy plots like Deus Ex and Metal Gear have secret governments rising, falling, and splitting into new squabbling factions. Assassin's Creed is content to leave everything as goodies, baddies, and aliens.

The more recent games have been trending toward a more grey vs grey interpretation of the Assassin/Templar conflict, making it more like fundamentally opposed ideologies (freedom vs order). It's becoming more apparent that the assassins paint the templars as bad guys but you always play as assassins so of course they'd say that. Some of the templars are pretty sympathetic if you listen to what you're saying. Maybe we'll get a proper templar game soon which really hammers home the point that it's not good guys vs bad guys like the assassins say it is.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
The first AC was also way better about "the templars aren't necessarily the bad guys, here". Then they dumbed it down at the same time as the series was heralded as a critical success so they probably took that as a sign they were doing something right. Which is also probably how we ended up with a 6-hour tutorial in AC3 ("it worked in AC2!").

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Equilibrium posted:

The first AC was also way better about "the templars aren't necessarily the bad guys, here". Then they dumbed it down at the same time as the series was heralded as a critical success so they probably took that as a sign they were doing something right. Which is also probably how we ended up with a 6-hour tutorial in AC3 ("it worked in AC2!").

2 and Brotherhood used historical people who actually were cartoonishly evil though.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ShortThug posted:

Kneecaps and Bear? Now we just need a geeky benefactor.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

New trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9yNUOA8RAk

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Daztek posted:

New trailer!

I am far too excited for this game

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

that trailer made it look awesome, I just hope there is enough variation and "fun" to the main mission that doesnt leave me bored like in GTA.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

The greatest cameo.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Kanish posted:

that trailer made it look awesome, I just hope there is enough variation and "fun" to the main mission that doesnt leave me bored like in GTA.

I don't know, that trailer had some weird poo poo in it:

http://imgur.com/a/zHRpF

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Suddenly I'm a lot more interested in the game.

Also it looks about as good as Infamous, which is pretty impressive.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Kanish posted:

That's what I'm hoping for, and the fact that they've said the delay was to add more stuff like this in is what keeps me hopeful. But still skeptical. One of these days they're gonna make a sandbox game that's still entertaining to play once you've achieved whatever arbitrary 100% completion condition there is.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

ijyt posted:

http://imgur.com/a/zHRpF

I'm getting some Ghost in the Shell/Deus Ex vibes off that giant spider mech. gently caress yeah, bring on the cyberpunk! :pcgaming:

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

ijyt posted:

No kidding, who knew that Chicago had mountains?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Solvency posted:

Aw poo poo, this is all happening in the Animus, isn't it?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Solvency posted:

I think those are more hills than mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

ShootaBoy posted:

I think those are more hills than mountains.

Having grown up in Chicago, there aren't even hills there. It's the Midwest. It's just flat with a bunch of trees. But I guess they have to do something to indicate the end of the map.

• Locked thread