Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I guess my Ball is all prepped up for paint. I need to get my hands on some waterslides for it, though, and it's not quite paint season yet so I guess I'll move on to something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Luminaflare posted:

How do you get the Sazabi vKa to hold its guns? I can get the hands to hold them fine by themselves but I can't seem to do it when the hands are actually on the arms, it seems like there isn't room for the gun's stocks.

Just Go To Dalong.

You might also be having issue with the Sazabi's wrists, which like all emotion manipulators are pretty weak. Only solution is topcoat.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 24, 2014

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Who says you need angel wings to look majestic. Overall very pleased, and glad to finally have Wing Zero in my MG collection.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

TaurusOxford posted:

Who says you need angel wings to look majestic. Overall very pleased, and glad to finally have Wing Zero in my MG collection.

Looks good. I always forget how the shape of Wing's head is interesting.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

Aw man, that kit is next on my list once the Sazabi and Deathscythe EW. I'm so hype, and thanks for showing that off because that kit looks pretty dope.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

TaurusOxford posted:

I actually like this way better than the EW version.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So I have an x-acto knife, a pair of nippers, a .5 and .3 pencil for panel lining, an eraser, sandpaper for seam lines and mold lines, and sanding sticks for the nubs, both in grits from 320 to 2500. I'm holding off on any sort of topcoat since I'm planning on painting the kit eventually, and plastic cement since I'll likely want to take it apart. Is there anything else I need before I begin assembly?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Missing Link posted:

Tell me what I did wrong. I applied a gloss coat and the panel lines ran a bit. Did I do it too thick or should it not be lacquer?

Should I panel line After the clear coat? Also, how do I fix it?

that's the type of screw up that should bother you and you alone. Of course you see it, but if I saw that in your collection I'd assume that was a paint choice you made. Like a bit of shading detail or something.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

So I have an x-acto knife, a pair of nippers, a .5 and .3 pencil for panel lining, an eraser, sandpaper for seam lines and mold lines, and sanding sticks for the nubs, both in grits from 320 to 2500. I'm holding off on any sort of topcoat since I'm planning on painting the kit eventually, and plastic cement since I'll likely want to take it apart. Is there anything else I need before I begin assembly?

You're good. All you really needed was the nippers and the knife, everything else is just gravy. :v:

Though if you want to move into waterslides someday you might want to grab a cutting mat too.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AzMiLion posted:

Yep, doesn't allow for insurance but I've had good experiences with USPS(giant fuckoff boxes of transformers and such)

quoting for posterity that you are okay with no insurance

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Bandai needs to work on its english. A while ago I posted that I won a bunch of Gundam Markers in a promotion and they sent me an email saying they would send them to me March 15th. Well damned if they didn't really mean to say it would ARRIVE on the 15th. My mail goes to my parents house (parents-mailboxes-etc!) and I didn't visit til the weekend.

Anyways this is it, made of white and fuchsia (i guess) plexiglass:

Anyone have an idea what I could use this for once I take the markers out? The plexi parts that hold the markers is pretty solidly connected in.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blackchamber posted:

Bandai needs to work on its english. A while ago I posted that I won a bunch of Gundam Markers in a promotion and they sent me an email saying they would send them to me March 15th. Well damned if they didn't really mean to say it would ARRIVE on the 15th. My mail goes to my parents house (parents-mailboxes-etc!) and I didn't visit til the weekend.

Anyone have an idea what I could use this for once I take the markers out? The plexi parts that hold the markers is pretty solidly connected in.

Cigar box.

Serious answer, flip it on ebay to a collector. You might be able to cut the Vist logo and surrounding armor-over-psycoframe part out and do some kind of base or display with it, too.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

S-Alpha posted:

:swoon: I want everything in the world to be that shade of blue. I wish these builders would tell what kind of paints they used, I need to paint every kit I own that color.

Not sure if this helps or not but the decals say ANA which is All Nippon Airways. I know that the use two kinds of blue for their logo. You might be able to find out what shades of blue those are if you look up the colors that the airline uses.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They use sky blue and ultramarine. Can you tint chrome, how does one get such a smooth shine?

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 25, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
gently caress these Zaku tubes! Jesus Christ!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

Not sure if this helps or not but the decals say ANA which is All Nippon Airways. I know that the use two kinds of blue for their logo. You might be able to find out what shades of blue those are if you look up the colors that the airline uses.

Well, I'm more concerned with getting that same shade while maintaining the metallic sheen of it. I don't think it'd look nearly as good with flat paint.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blackchamber posted:

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with just keeping it? Looks like a pretty nice way to store your markers.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Midjack posted:

Cigar box.

Serious answer, flip it on ebay to a collector. You might be able to cut the Vist logo and surrounding armor-over-psycoframe part out and do some kind of base or display with it, too.

I like the stand idea, actually. I'm not into flipping stuff cause I'd feel like some sort of scalper.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with just keeping it? Looks like a pretty nice way to store your markers.

It seems a little like a waste to just use it for markers sitting in a drawer. I thought maybe someone would see it and immediately know of a better use.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blackchamber posted:

I like the stand idea, actually. I'm not into flipping stuff cause I'd feel like some sort of scalper.

It seems a little like a waste to just use it for markers sitting in a drawer. I thought maybe someone would see it and immediately know of a better use.

Slim Jim display case

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Super Robot Chogokin GaoFighGar confirmed for a July release date for 8100 yen:

I love how one of the accessories is two hands molded together so he can handshake with Genesic GaoGaiGar. Also, Genesic looks huge next to GFG.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Blackchamber posted:

If you add some more dividers, it'd make a nice little case to store spare/alternate parts for your kits. Cutting it up something like that just sounds really terrible.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Blackchamber posted:

Fancy cigar case?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Blackchamber posted:

I agree with Bees, use it to store the extra beam saber/weapon parts you don't use. It's a cool case and it'd be a shame to see it chopped up or tossed out.

TaurusOxford posted:

Super Robot Chogokin GaoFighGar confirmed for a July release date for 8100 yen:

I love how one of the accessories is two hands molded together so he can handshake with Genesic GaoGaiGar. Also, Genesic looks huge next to GFG.

I've noticed a lot of figures have that, which I'm glad for, because it owns. The Revoltech Ultra Magnus has double brohand for it and the Revoltech Optimus Prime, and it's awesome.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Will we be getting a MG Star Build Strike or do you have to get the Full Package and then then the Universe Booster?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

As of now, that. They may release it as a web exclusive but I really doubt it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

We haven't heard any BF announcements on the MG scale in a while actually. It's sort of strange after getting Build Strike, mkII and Sengoku all at the same time.

I would honestly still expect an all-in-one just because it's pretty much free money so there's no reason Bandai wouldn't. Could take a while since Unicorn 7 is dropping soon though!

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

Blackchamber posted:

If you're going to just toss it / part with it on ebay, might I ask what it would take to get you to box it up nicely and ship it to me?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Will we get a MG exia dark matter? There were a few gimmicks in the show that the HG does not have.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fauxtool posted:

Will we get a MG exia dark matter? There were a few gimmicks in the show that the HG does not have.

That's not out of the question. Thinking about it now, MG Exia Repair II came out at a rather convenient time...

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

slightpirate posted:

If you're going to just toss it / part with it on ebay, might I ask what it would take to get you to box it up nicely and ship it to me?

Sorry, I mentioned earlier I'm not really looking to flip it, just find a way to get more/better use from it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
This F-15 is going to take a lot of clean up. Koto does make sharply molded kits, but man sometimes it just don't fit pretty like bandai kits.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Whelp, I finished up my first Frame Arms. It's definitely nice but there are some slight strength issues in the legs so I changed out the kit's Khanjar legs for the legs from the Stiletto that also come with the kit. That's where the gatling gun came from as well since the default loadout for the Khanjar apparently is an assault rifle and a missile rifle. Overall I'm pretty satisfied, may pick up a different kit in a couple months.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It took me all 23 episodes of KLK, but I've finally disassembled Zeta 2.0. :toot:

Now to throw it to the bottom of my backlog.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I could've sworn I'd decided on not getting any more kits until the RG Exia.

Build Fighters is an awful, awful terrible drug :shepspends:.

I also may have bought a Gunpla Battle Arm Arms.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Thanks to the person who recommended HLJ's H-Hangar system. Now I can finally fix my GM!

AFK Werewolf
Mar 2, 2013
The clear coat I'm using made some of my panel lines run, does this happen often? Using Citadel Purity Coat that a friend gave to me for free. It even made a dry decal run, which actually looked kinda cool, but the panel lines make me kind of confused. All sprayed from the same distances and angels, no wind, just kind of cold outside, no humidity.

Dry decal running which looks kinda nice.
RIP.
Non-running dry decal but runny panel.
One knee ran while the other didn't.

Used gundam fine point black, and did the panel lining about three weeks ago, so what did I do wrong?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

AFK Werewolf posted:

The clear coat I'm using made some of my panel lines run, does this happen often? Using Citadel Purity Coat that a friend gave to me for free. It even made a dry decal run, which actually looked kinda cool, but the panel lines make me kind of confused. All sprayed from the same distances and angels, no wind, just kind of cold outside, no humidity.

Dry decal running which looks kinda nice.
RIP.
Non-running dry decal but runny panel.
One knee ran while the other didn't.

Used gundam fine point black, and did the panel lining about three weeks ago, so what did I do wrong?

I dunno, I used Citadel Purity Coat on a Zaku II and my Marasai not too long ago and they turned out great. What was the temperature and humidity like?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
You sprayed it on too thick and made the panel lining wet again. You need to do thin coats of topcoat, and keep the parts propped up in a way so there's no risk of the lining flowing out of the trenches.

AFK Werewolf
Mar 2, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

I dunno, I used Citadel Purity Coat on a Zaku II and my Marasai not too long ago and they turned out great. What was the temperature and humidity like?

It's 45 degrees with 25% humidity.

TaurusOxford posted:

You sprayed it on too thick and made the panel lining wet again. You need to do thin coats of topcoat, and keep the parts propped up in a way so there's no risk of the lining flowing out of the trenches.

Hmmm, I only did one pass for each side from about 6 feet away. Guess it was way I had them clipped or should I stand farther back? First time doing a top coat and I had kinda botched some of the stuff on the ez-8 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

quote:

That happened to me before too. Far as I can tell the issue is that the panel lines weren't dry yet or something? Ever since I've switched to doing panel washes I've never run into this issue again so it could be the markers.

EDIT: Oh wait you said you did it three weeks ago. Um, do you know how old your topcoat is? There are honestly a lot of possible variables.

• Locked thread