Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Zinkraptor posted:

Would it be reasonable for someone to create a console/game marketplace and industry thread? Comparing sales of games and hardware and how the industry itself is doing can be interesting, and it might be beneficial to give it its own thread instead of only talking about it in the xbox hate thread for some reason.

This would be a good thread because the industry is a cesspit not limited to the comedic missteps of major console manufacturers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

OatmealRaisin posted:

This would be a good thread because the industry is a cesspit not limited to the comedic missteps of major console manufacturers.

And actually, I don't think admin approval is needed and I've asked Zinkraptor to make the thread. I'll link it here once it's up.

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013
So Thief and TR are 50% off starting friday which is pretty cool I guess.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Maneki Neko posted:

March 28th through March 31st there's some 50% off digital Xbone deals (aka these aren't live yet):

Thief - $29.99
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - $29.99

COD: Ghosts will also be 33% off, but it's always on sale somewhere.

This is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to picking up Tomb Raider on sale.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Oh it's a product questions thread. Very well then, owners what's your thoughts on the $449 unofficial pricedrop? Amazon has their $50 off coupon on top of that as well. Can't imagine it'd be generating a lot of goodwill for early adopters.

I think it is good for the Xbox One, since they really need price parity with the PS4. However, I'm pretty butt hurt about it. As an early adopter, I accept that obviously the price will drop, but I expect it to happen about a year out. Having it drop so fast definitely makes me feel buyers remorse. Lesson learned, they won't have my support at launch on any future hypothetical consoles.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Oh it's a product questions thread. Very well then, owners what's your thoughts on the $449 unofficial pricedrop? Amazon has their $50 off coupon on top of that as well. Can't imagine it'd be generating a lot of goodwill for early adopters.

I dont have buyers remorse because I still feel like I bought mine with Monopoly money. I preordered 2 bones and 2 PS4s on the day they were announced with the intention of deciding which one to keep at launch and selling the other 3. So I sold the 2 PS4s and the other bone and it was about equal to the cost of the bone i kept and it pretty much came out even. I realize that if I had sold all 4 that I would have made a bunch of money so I was still spending the money, I just dont think of it that way.

I am frankly glad they are lowing the price because I want them to sell more bones. I would likely feel different if I had bought it a month ago rather than at launch, but thats where I am at on it.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Maneki Neko posted:

poo poo gets cheaper, being an early adopter always sucks. I wouldn't be shocked with an official $399 price drop at E3, they need to move units.

On a side note looks like more entertainment apps are coming soon for Xbone:

• lol Major League Gaming
  • MLB.TV
  • Starz apps
  • EPIX

http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/ent-new-apps-on-xbox

Where the gently caress is my Twitter app?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Tomb Raider's a really good game, y'all, especially for a reduced price.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah if you haven't played it yet, I'd really recommend picking it up for $30 (unless you have a gaming PC then get it dirt cheap on steam.)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

It would be nice if they did something for those of us who bought Day One boxes, but I definitely don't expect them to. More people buying systems is good for the ecosystem and future of the box though.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Louisgod posted:

And actually, I don't think admin approval is needed and I've asked Zinkraptor to make the thread. I'll link it here once it's up.

If he doesn't want to I'll take a stab at it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

Yeah if you haven't played it yet, I'd really recommend picking it up for $30 (unless you have a gaming PC then get it dirt cheap on steam.)

Or played it on previous Gen since while its prettier its not exactly a different game.

Still really good, though. Like, Uncharted 4 is gonna have to shake up their formula quite a bit to get me back onboard good.

Fame Lifeles
Nov 25, 2013

"I've never modelled a blue tit in my life."
:raise:
I am literally an alt account for 343 Industries employee
:siren: -A n i m 8- :siren:

I love them big blue holographic TITTAYS!

:pervert:

Explain How! posted:

So Thief and TR are 50% off starting friday which is pretty cool I guess.

I don't think I'd buy thief even at that discount, it looks like a chore to play. Maybe if it's free one day I'll download it.

Will probably get tomb raider though, not played it before.

Also why are people crying about a thread being moved in here? Maybe you guys should start an online petition.

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Dude, I have a couple friends that picked up and *will* be picking up Xbones with that price cut. They've been on the fence about the PS4 vs Xbone since launch (they still stuck with the 360/PS3) and after playing TitanFall--they've made up their minds.

No screen-tearing or 720p can mask the amount of fun you have when blowing poo poo up, breaking enemies' necks and doing some John Woo poo poo in a FPS.

It needs a couple patches though but it's good poo poo. I love my Xbone. <3

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.
As a guy who absolutely loved the first two Thief games (I don't actually recall finishing the third), I'm conflicted. It looks like it won't give me back my youthful love of those games, but it might at least give me a fix.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

OldPueblo posted:

As a guy who absolutely loved the first two Thief games (I don't actually recall finishing the third), I'm conflicted. It looks like it won't give me back my youthful love of those games, but it might at least give me a fix.

I've only heard bad things about it. May be worth watching a bit of a let's play video or something to see how you feel about it.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

It looks like $450 is the official price for the Titanfall bundle, at least via the Microsoft Store now.

edit: I'm being honest when I say that I don't know if it is OK that I post that in here.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

sba posted:

Where the gently caress is my Twitter app?

I believe the official answer is "use internet explorer", I wouldn't expect there to be any social apps.

Agrias120 posted:

edit: I'm being honest when I say that I don't know if it is OK that I post that in here.

:rolleyes:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

It looks like $450 is the official price for the Titanfall bundle, at least via the Microsoft Store now.

It's fine, it falls into the realm of general discussion, we just want to avoid the dumb doom-and-gloom tone of the other thread.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bahamutsrage posted:

Dude, I have a couple friends that picked up and *will* be picking up Xbones with that price cut. They've been on the fence about the PS4 vs Xbone since launch (they still stuck with the 360

Titanfall is being released on the 360.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

abagofcheetos posted:

Titanfall is being released on the 360.

I'm sure it'll be great at 20 fps.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Thanks for all the opinions guys on the pricedrop, I was curious about early adopters views on it. I'm glad we're able to have a reasonable talk about it without knee-jerk reactions.

Louisgod posted:

It's fine, it falls into the realm of general discussion, we just want to avoid the dumb doom-and-gloom tone of the other thread.
Okay now I'm curious what doom and gloom tone?

Maneki Neko posted:

I believe the official answer is "use internet explorer", I wouldn't expect there to be any social apps.
Do any twitter apps exist on consoles right now? I imagine they wouldn't due to the input-restrictions.

Fame Lifeles
Nov 25, 2013

Bahamutsrage posted:

Dude, I have a couple friends that picked up and *will* be picking up Xbones with that price cut. They've been on the fence about the PS4 vs Xbone since launch (they still stuck with the 360/PS3) and after playing TitanFall--they've made up their minds.

No screen-tearing or 720p can mask the amount of fun you have when blowing poo poo up, breaking enemies' necks and doing some John Woo poo poo in a FPS.

It needs a couple patches though but it's good poo poo. I love my Xbone. <3

Screen tearing is pretty bad but the gameplay is so frantic that you will be hard pushed to notice it once the game gets started. I always notice it right at the start but it never registers after that. It's the best game I've played in a long time, that's why I gave myself this custom red title. I think Titanfall is swaying quite a few people into purchase, especially as it's hand in hand with the price drop. So that's from $499 with no games to $450 with titanfall included ($60). Aggressive!

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Agoat posted:

I'm sure it'll be great at 20 fps.

he literally just said screen tearing and resolution dont matter. In the same post.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Do any twitter apps exist on consoles right now? I imagine they wouldn't due to the input-restrictions.

The 360 had twitter and Facebook apps, but they got discontinued when IE came out (presumably they still work, but I haven't tried them out in a long time).

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Fame Lifeles posted:

Screen tearing is pretty bad but the gameplay is so frantic that you will be hard pushed to notice it once the game gets started. I always notice it right at the start but it never registers after that. It's the best game I've played in a long time, that's why I gave myself this custom red title. I think Titanfall is swaying quite a few people into purchase, especially as it's hand in hand with the price drop. So that's from $499 with no games to $450 with titanfall included ($60). Aggressive!

Yeah, I get so focused when I play TF, I rarely notice screen tearing. When I was watching a buddy play, I noticed it a lot more. Dunno what psychological effect is there but I guess I am just a lot more invested in playing the game so I was just not noticing. TF really is the best online shooter I have played in... years though. Fun overcomes screen tearing

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 25, 2014

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Dude enough, move on. PM/email me if you want to talk about it more, for the 50th time, stop derailing the thread.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

abagofcheetos posted:

he literally just said screen tearing and resolution dont matter. In the same post.

I'm just voicing my support for next-gen. It's amazing on Xbone, I recommend making the jump!

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Thanks for all the opinions guys on the pricedrop, I was curious about early adopters views on it. I'm glad we're able to have a reasonable talk about it without knee-jerk reactions.

Some consoles have screenshot-to-twitter functionality, but I don't think there's any dedicated twitter apps except on the Vita. Screencaps are the only reason I would want to use twitter from a games device anyway though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

OldPueblo posted:

Have you played Dishonored? Thi4f or whatever they're calling it (Thi3f, so bad except one level) is pretty middling and has none of the open-ended and confusing to navigate stages from the first two Thief games.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I wish HBOGO would hurry up and come out. If they released a Plex app that would be amazing. I am not sure what this buyer's remorse talk is about since my xbox has been in use since the day I bought it. I don't expect my electronic purchases to go up in value. Also yay the amatuer videogame journlist and people who listen to gaming podcasts crew is back in this thread.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

OatmealRaisin posted:

Some consoles have screenshot-to-twitter functionality, but I don't think there's any dedicated twitter apps except on the Vita. Screencaps are the only reason I would want to use twitter from a games device anyway though.

I want to run my feed snapped while I watch TV or Netflix...I guess I'll dick around with IE snapping and see how that works

Fame Lifeles
Nov 25, 2013

abagofcheetos posted:

The resolution is over HD quality (just) and the screen tearing is a minor annoyance but you won't notice it when you're in action. Playing a game at 20FPS is unbearable, you can't move or aim. It's hyperbole anyway as i'm sure the 360 version will run at a decent frame rate, the delays I imagine are to aid that cause. The tinfoil theory of them delaying to boost console sales can't really be applied to the second delay for the 360 version.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I wish HBOGO would hurry up and come out. If they released a Plex app that would be amazing. I am not sure what this buyer's remorse talk is about since my xbox has been in use since the day I bought it. I don't expect my electronic purchases to go up in value. Also yay the amatuer videogame journlist and people who listen to gaming podcasts crew is back in this thread.
As far as people were able to tell through historical data it's an unprecedented pricedrop for consoles in this time period from launch. Having buyer's opinion on the matter is worthwhile, and it's a milestone worth noting in the "general discussion" thread. It's also worth noting very few people involved in discussing the bone are console warriors and the business' response to the situation throughout has resulted in consistent interest. Don't worry about amateur videogame journalists either, I've yet to see a professional one.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

sba posted:

It would be nice if they did something for those of us who bought Day One boxes, but I definitely don't expect them to. More people buying systems is good for the ecosystem and future of the box though.

Or those of us who bought last month with tax returns. I'm more upset about my drunk e-purchase of theif because no way is MS going to give me any cash back because it went on sale a week later.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
The fact that you can get an Xbone with a copy of Titanfall for $450 in quite a few major chains in America indicates that someone, either the retailers or Microsoft themselves, is not happy with how many units they're selling.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Delusibeta posted:

The fact that you can get an Xbone with a copy of Titanfall for $450 in quite a few major chains in America indicates that someone, either the retailers or Microsoft themselves, is not happy with how many units they're selling.

Uh oh. What does that mean? Does that mean Playstation 4 is selling more consoles than Xbox One?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

VincesUndies posted:

Uh oh. What does that mean? Does that mean Playstation 4 is selling more consoles than Xbox One?

This isn't the place to bring this up, please move on.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

VincesUndies posted:

It likely means they don't have enough penetration to make a good profit when considering the amount invested in the console and they're attempting to rectify that.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Louisgod posted:

This isn't the place to bring this up, please move on.

I think that topics which are important to the Xbox One, and its future advertisement and development, such as how well it's selling and why, and how its competition is performing, are valid and good topics for the Xbox One thread to discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think that topics which are important to the Xbox One, and its future advertisement and development, such as how well it's selling and why, and how its competition is performing, are valid and good topics for the Xbox One thread to discuss.

I agree. Should I be interested in purchasing a console soon, I'd want to know which one is selling better. Sales lead to third party support, and I'd want to get a console with the most games potentially available.

• Locked thread