Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I'm so ready for new broad city tonight!

....and I guess I'll watch Workaholics too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Well this is a bad time to eat.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Going to be sick.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah this is loving gross, haha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aardvark Barber posted:

I'm so ready for new broad city tonight!

....and I guess I'll watch Workaholics too.
Workaholics was actually kind of funny tonight (and disgusting :barf: ).

"Would you like some water, sir? Perhaps a flat faucet, or some hose water?"

Also I laughed way harder than I probably should have at "Waymond will probably go fully Postal Service."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is dick phone?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I'm just... I'm boning her friend :smith:

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

"BITCH, you're 22."

i couldn't stop laughing

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Guess I need to find something else to watch wednesdays after next week.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Did anyone else notice the man on the bench jerking off under his pants in the park? Also a swastika on the last X to appear during the commercial.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
That skunk poo poo was loving nasty.

I started watching Broad City so thats something anyway, made it to episode 3 so far and enjoying it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"I HEARD YOU SAY.....OPPENHEIMER."

"HUMAN BREEDING."

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I heard "HUMAN BRAIDING".

Wowza, that episode of Workaholics was awful. That premise could've been saddled with so many more actual laughs.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like how all the 'S's in the Best Buds signs, costumes and aprons were all variations of the 'cool' aka 'stussy' S. Always fun to see that thing pop up.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

God drat I love Broad City. Abbi is also adorable. :3:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like how all the 'S's in the Best Buds signs, costumes and aprons were all variations of the 'cool' aka 'stussy' S. Always fun to see that thing pop up.

That was a thing for people in their mid to late 20's to do growing up so not surprised to see it show up. But ya this episode was gross as poo poo, I had to look away at some points.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, I love how we used to do it here in the UK too. That loving thing crossed oceans man - and nobody knows where it originated from (it's nothing to do with Stussy, it just got called that).

e: and we're in our 30s, it goes back a loooong time.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I thought it was one of the weakest episodes of the season, but still really enjoyable. I think it's because Abby and Ilana spent so much time not bouncing off of each others, which is what I enjoy the most. I mean I like Hannibal but he's a much better foil to Ilana than Abby.

Also I heard human breathing :colbert:

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Twee as gently caress posted:

I thought it was one of the weakest episodes of the season, but still really enjoyable. I think it's because Abby and Ilana spent so much time not bouncing off of each others, which is what I enjoy the most. I mean I like Hannibal but he's a much better foil to Ilana than Abby.

I think I'd agree it wasn't their strongest episode. I love Amy Sedaris with all my heart but I think that section was trying harder than necessary. Her dialogue felt perfectly "this world is fundamentally insane but maintaining" without the neck brace and comically narrow room. Like I'd have loved the white power reveal if it had one or two less elements, no salute perhaps. But Abbi's just amazing with her facial expressions and desperate explanations.

But I did love Abbi returning and her roommate doing everything possible to smooth things over including total detail of what he was doing and why it was important. And Hannibal again crushed it, as did Ilana in general especially in the dentist's office.

I really like the show having its toes in the surreal just I think they got waist deep this time and didn't need to.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Broad City finale tonight, it's been a great run... can't believe it's been 2 and a half months!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Wait...what? How do you pee out a condom?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

Wait...what? How do you pee out a condom?

Comes out in the vagine, pushing during pee forces it out. It didn't go up the urethra.

I've been good all season but god drat Ilana is so loving hot. I said it. I objectify women DEAL WITH IT.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
All 101 Dalmatians, dead.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Heh whoever Doug is sits at home at night polishing all his glasses. Such an Abbi love interest.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This episode has kind of a Louie vibe.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Brock Samson posted:

I've been good all season but god drat Ilana is so loving hot. I said it. I objectify women DEAL WITH IT.

I mean you're not the only person thinking it so...

It is surprising when you consider the amount of gross stuff she does in the show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Ilana looks a little like Alia Shawkat.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh God this is gold.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
This is also a good use of Amy Poehler.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh God this is gold.

Poetry.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well this is the one and only episode of Broad City I've found kind of funny.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Cool, Poehler directed too.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Nice ending.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cool, Ilana's Jewish.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Y-Hat posted:

Cool, Ilana's Jewish.

I didn't think it was possible to not realize they are both the jewiest of jews.

Sad we only got a 6 episode season but can't wait for season 2. There's definitely something really special about this show, and to think, just a couple years ago we had to go to 2 Broke Girls for a show about female besties.

Who was the actor who played the waiter? I cannot for the life of me remember his name.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

I didn't think it was possible to not realize they are both the jewiest of jews.
I figured Ilana was because seriously, the name "Ilana Glazer" is a dead giveaway. I didn't think Abbi was until I realized one of my Jewish friends has the last name Jacobson.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
They've made repeated references to both being jewish all season long. ALL SEASON LONG!~

The Nastier Nate posted:

Sad we only got a 6 episode season but can't wait for season 2. There's definitely something really special about this show, and to think, just a couple years ago we had to go to 2 Broke Girls for a show about female besties.

Who was the actor who played the waiter? I cannot for the life of me remember his name.
I've been extremely impressed by this debut season, and here's why - it's a female driven stoner comedy that doesn't have any self-defeating gender based caveats. What's funny with the jokes is objectively funny from a generational standpoint. It doesn't ever cop out and go soft because of the women leads, and it's written in their voice. This is insanely refreshing and I don't know if I've any network or cable comedy pull this off before. There needs to be more comedies with more scenes as shamelessly lascivious and true to life like the finale's cold open.

Speaking of the finale, it was loving excellent wall to wall. So much good stuff to applaud. I want to give a shout out to my favorite sight gag in the entire episode, where Abbi calls Doug and in a close shot we can spot no less than 5 distinct pairs of faggy hipster glasses in his apartment. That's loving funny.

The actor playing the waiter so well was Seth Morris, who you might know from Comedy Bang Bang (and cameos on the Kroll Show) as Bob Ducca the hypochondriac opportunist men's rights activist.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Maxwell Lord posted:

This is also a good use of Amy Poehler.

I agree. I've never actually liked her much in stuff and I was a bit worried when she was in the promos for this episode but she was perfect and her scenes just made the front of house stuff even better. One thing I love about the world of this show is that every single thing is both hosed up and maintaining. There's no straight man who makes the jokes funny by being a reference point or a cartoon who exists only as a punchline for a joke, they're just messed up people who keep on getting by somehow. I've seen each episode at least twice and most times I could see each side character having their own show where Abbi and Ilana are just part of the crazy soup they wade through each day. Hell, the only character who seems to have the whole thing figured out is Hannibal. But at least he's not smug or making fun of the other characters.

Anyway, the season finished with a really great finale. Can't be sure, but I think the hospital scene was my favorite. Just that they wrote in a scene of it getting real and the characters had to let it stay real until it was over. Killed me.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I don't know if I've any network or cable comedy pull this off before. There needs to be more comedies with more scenes as shamelessly lascivious and true to life like the finale's cold open.

I think the last female-driven comedy that has hit the kind of high notes Broad City has hit was probably Ab-Fab. It's about drat time too, the last few years in particular have been rough; and between Whitney Cummings' two shows, The Mindy Project (which I *wanted* to like so much), Girls, and Amy Schumer's show (another one I desperately wanted to like, but which fell flat over and over) I wasn't even going to bother getting my hopes up for Broad City.

Overall, I'm so loving happy about this show that I almost feel a little teary the season finale is here. The acting has been pitch perfect, the comedy is punchy and economical, and the writing and character development feels mature and well-paced. It may be premature, but I'm hoping that the girls are headed for a David Mitchell/Rob Webb type of professional partnership that transcends a single show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Nastier Nate posted:

Sad we only got a 6 episode season but can't wait for season 2.

It was actually 10 episodes long, it just flew by (no breaks probably helped). Given I didn't have time to even make any expectations as it kind of popped up out of nowhere, it's been a riot and I can't wait to see S2 as well.

Ape Agitator posted:

I agree. I've never actually liked her much in stuff and I was a bit worried when she was in the promos for this episode but she was perfect and her scenes just made the front of house stuff even better.

If you don't dislike Kroll Show, she was amazing as one of the Rich Dicks' sisters a few weeks back, one of my favourite things I've ever seen her in (somehow I never used to care for her that much, now I think she's the greatest).

Workaholics was also pretty fun last night I thought, nothing groundbreaking but enjoyable nonetheless. I feel bad that they're getting paired with something that's done an amazing first season out the bat, while they're probably past their peak now.

• Locked thread