Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Heaf posted:

Big news tomorrow:

Cyd Zeigler @CydZeigler
An active college football player has never come out publicly as gay. Tomorrow morning, that won't be the case anymore. #gayDE

Just in case the hashtag seemed insensitive, he clarified that the hashtag is so everybody knows what position the player plays. (Last time he did something like this, he got poo poo for hyping it up for what turned out to be a kicker because lolkickers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Please be from Bama or Auburn so that al.com might explode and take all readers with it in some kind of Scanners deal.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Please be from Bama or Auburn so that al.com might explode and take all readers with it in some kind of Scanners deal.

forget al.com, can you imagine Finebaum?

As long as he can keep his eyes of the tight end PAWWWWLLLLL....

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

There's too many options for tasteless jokes with a DE but not as many as a TE.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Sweeney Tom posted:

Just in case the hashtag seemed insensitive, he clarified that the hashtag is so everybody knows what position the player plays. (Last time he did something like this, he got poo poo for hyping it up for what turned out to be a kicker because lolkickers)

Then why is he saying this is the first? Do kickers not count?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wa27 posted:

Then why is he saying this is the first? Do kickers not count?

Last time he did something like this was for Connor Mertens, who is an active kicker and came out as bi in January, in doing so becoming the first active openly bisexual college football player. The DE coming out in the morning is gay and thus the first openly gay active college football player.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sweeney Tom posted:

Last time he did something like this was for Connor Mertens, who is an active kicker and came out as bi in January, in doing so becoming the first active openly bisexual college football player. The DE coming out in the morning is gay and thus the first openly gay active college football player.

Kicker for Willamette University according to Google. I don't think it was his position that kept it from being in the news.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Kickers are not real football players regardless of where they like to put their penises.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I'm ok with this because that would probably get rid of the dumbasses in both fanbases. Imagine if it were Cam Newton or Mark Ingram or some other really popular player in recent memory associated with a lot of success at their respective school.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Jameis Winston. Calling it now.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Jameis Winston. Calling it now.

I'd be more surprised at his moving to defensive end if this were true

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's Mitch Eby, from Chapman University in California.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Good article and good luck to the guy. Just less exciting than I'd hoped.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Being a gay dude at Chapman is probably not much fun.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Nobody's going to stand up and notice a gay player until he's on a major conference team. Chapman University is probably enjoying the free publicity and clicks though.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 31, 2014

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
UCLA has scheduled a home/home with LSU. They'll play in Pasadena in 2021, and @LSU in...2024.

College football scheduling is goofy.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

VDay posted:

UCLA has scheduled a home/home with LSU. They'll play in Pasadena in 2021, and @LSU in...2024.

College football scheduling is goofy.

LSU also scheduled a home/home with Arizona State. I'm cool with LSU slowly playing through the Pac12

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Can't wait to tell my grandkids where I was when I heard the news.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DIII. Don't care.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Korranus posted:

Nobody's going to stand up and notice a gay player until he's on a major conference team. Chapman University is probably enjoying the free publicity and clicks though.

I would guess a pretty large segement of their faculty and student body is not enjoying being associated with The Gays at all.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah coming out at a Christian school is probably a bigger deal than coming out at Willamette. Baby steps.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

MourningView posted:

I would guess a pretty large segment of their faculty and student body is not enjoying being associated with The Gays at all.

No question. I would guess his time at that school is over and I wouldn't blame him a bit.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

MourningView posted:

I would guess a pretty large segement of their faculty and student body is not enjoying being associated with The Gays at all.

I shed a single, burning tear for their misfortune. I would also forecast their poor behavior in response to this news, but that wouldn't exactly make me Nostra-fuckin-damus, would it?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Korranus posted:

No question. I would guess his time at that school is over and I wouldn't blame him a bit.

He'll probably be okay. His team was really supportive apparently, and actually I would guess most of the student body doesn't care much just because it's not as big a deal to most people that age. But Chapman is kinda notorious in the area for having some super far right folks on the faculty, especially in the law school which is rare.

I played DIII ball with an openly gay dude, it's too bad he didn't realize he could have made national news with it.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Are you telling me Outsports is clickbaiting? I won't have it!

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah coming out at a Christian school is probably a bigger deal than coming out at Willamette. Baby steps.

Eh, this assumes that Chapman's religious identity is strong or very noticeable among the student body (hint: it's not, they're actually a party school). It's a school for trust fund kids and aspiring film industry geeks, all of whom generally look like extras from the O.C.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

Mentioned that he received a text following the NC game from a player (OL) who was committed to FSU for two years but ultimately committed to Ole Miss for the "wrong reasons". Said the text said "you were right, I should have come to FSU. Congrats on the NC".

Eat a dick, Austin Golson :colbert:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Akron got new lids, and apparently all of Notre Dame's old Adidas stuff.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

They totally stole ND's extra uniforms and put a Z sticker on them

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

hahaha yeah they basically did. Does bear wondering what Under Armour is going to do with ND this year.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

The hazards of buying your team equipment out of the trunk of a guy's car for cash.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

DJExile posted:

Akron got new lids, and apparently all of Notre Dame's old Adidas stuff.

Adidas are the worst when it comes to uniforms.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I thought Under Armor was considered the worst? Aren't there stories about shoes falling apart and bad materials construction and stuff?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Their cleats have improved tremendously over the last 4-5 years and they are still absolute poo poo. Their gloves are pretty awful too.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I just got done talking about football with a friend for way too long. Here are some conclusions we reached about what Lane Kiffin needs to do to become a legendary coach:

1) Start Blake Sims, TJ Yeldon, and Derrick Henry all at once
2) Run the wishbone
3) Laugh every time the camera shows him on the sidelines at Tennessee

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

KKKLIP ART posted:

I thought Under Armor was considered the worst? Aren't there stories about shoes falling apart and bad materials construction and stuff?

I don't know about actual quality, but I know that our guys complained a few years ago that our SuperFit SpecialStretch MarketingBullshit super jerseys that were super loving tiny and were supposed to stretch out were, surprise, too small and too tight and uncomfortable. Also Adidas has been trying to copy Nike's ridiculous designs for years, with usually horrible results (and the occasional 'Hey that doesn't look completely awful!' one).

Also,

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

The Olympic speed skaters were vocal about their Super Awesome We Must Protect This House Under Armor Outfits being pretty lovely and possibly detrimental to their performance.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Emron posted:

The Olympic speed skaters were vocal about their Super Awesome We Must Protect This House Under Armor Outfits being pretty lovely and possibly detrimental to their performance.

Didn't they switch to different uniforms and do just as poorly though?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no tony you didn't loving beat me this controller is horseshit and you picked akuma you dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Didn't they switch to different uniforms and do just as poorly though?

Yeah but maybe the uniforms were still poo poo, you know?

• Locked thread