Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

VDay posted:

I don't know about actual quality, but I know that our guys complained a few years ago that our SuperFit SpecialStretch MarketingBullshit super jerseys that were super loving tiny and were supposed to stretch out were, surprise, too small and too tight and uncomfortable. Also Adidas has been trying to copy Nike's ridiculous designs for years, with usually horrible results (and the occasional 'Hey that doesn't look completely awful!' one).

Also,

Those own though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't even like basketball shorts but I wanna own all those pants

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I hate agreeing with Mourningview about anything but those uniforms do own.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Like if it wasn't vaugely supporting Steve Alford I would buy those UCLA shorts right now.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
You're all horrible monsters.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Under Armours compression gear is nice but everything else is pure poo poo. Their poo poo with built in hip pads has even somehow gone down in quality over the last like 5 years and is stupidly expensive.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Under Armours compression gear is nice but everything else is pure poo poo. Their poo poo with built in hip pads has even somehow gone down in quality over the last like 5 years and is stupidly expensive.

The people whose parents bought those for them instead of making them wear the school supplied stuff in high school were always the worst so I am glad they have sub par padding for their hips.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
They're super loving comfortable and the reg for colleges now but yeah. In a few years college players won't know what regular old girdles and jock straps are like that's pretty weird

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
One day I'm going to pass on all my old gear and my son will be like "Dad why isn't this condensed down to one piece and why does this jersey have the insides taped up when it should really just be two sizes smaller. And who decided a vertical bar right down the middle of your vision would be a good idea" and then I'm going to put a gun barrel in my mouth.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

VDay posted:

Remember how much people love Zubaz on this forum and it makes sense.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Remember how much people love Zubaz on this forum and it makes sense.

This is always my first stop whenever I want to see some bad opinions.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
My Zubaz are way too big for me :/

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

VDay posted:

The pants are an abomination straight out of the early 90s. And I frankly would like to forget fashion from the 80s and early 90s which was still basically the 80s.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Hey, guess who officially has a new running backs coach?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Hey, guess who officially has a new running backs coach?

Ouch. Head coach to running backs coach is a pretty big fall.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
After something like that you gotta rebuild yourself for a year or two. I'd be shocked if he didn't have an OC job by then.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FBSchedules.com calculated strength of schedule, but it's based purely on 2013 win percentage so grain of salt and all that
http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/04/2014-college-football-strength-of-schedule-ncaa-method/

Top 25:
1. Arkansas – 103-54, 65.61%
2. Virginia – 102-54, 65.38%
3. Tennessee – 101-54, 65.16%
4. Notre Dame – 103-56, 64.78%
5. Texas A&M – 100-55, 64.52%
6. Kentucky – 98-55, 64.05%
7. Iowa State – 97-57, 62.99%
8. Syracuse – 96-57, 62.75%
9. Rutgers – 97-58, 62.58%
9. Wake Forest – 97-58, 62.58%
11. Utah – 98-59, 62.42%
12. West Virginia – 97-59, 62.18%
13. South Carolina – 96-59, 61.94%
14. Miami, FL – 96-60, 61.54%
15. Boston College – 95-61, 60.90%
16. Auburn – 93-60, 60.78%
17. California – 94-61, 60.65%
18. FIU – 92-60, 60.53%
19. Georgia – 92-61, 60.13%
20. North Carolina – 92-62, 59.74%
21. Illinois – 90-61, 59.60%
22. Florida – 91-62, 59.48%
23. NC State – 89-61, 59.33%
24. Indiana – 93-64, 59.24%
25. Nebraska – 90-63, 58.82%

Bottom:
100. Western Michigan – 70-81, 46.36%
101. Duke – 69-82, 45.70%
102. Cincinnati – 68-82, 45.33%
103. Bowling Green – 67-81, 45.27%
103. UL Lafayette – 67-81, 45.27%
105. UAB – 67-82, 44.97%
106. Air Force – 68-84, 44.74%
107. Old Dominion – 67-83, 44.67%
108. Idaho – 65-81, 44.52%
109. San Diego State – 66-83, 44.30%
110. Central Michigan – 66-84, 44.00%
111. New Mexico State – 64-82, 43.84%
111. Appalachian State – 64-82, 43.84%
113. Memphis – 65-85, 43.33%
114. Houston – 64-84, 43.24%
114. Arkansas State – 64-84, 43.24%
116. Rice – 64-85, 42.95%
117. Utah State – 68-94, 41.98%
118. ULM – 61-87, 41.22%
119. Troy – 60-87, 40.82%
120. Ball State – 60-89, 40.27%
121. Buffalo – 59-88, 40.14%
122. Marshall – 59-89, 39.86%
123. Texas State – 57-88, 39.31%
124. Middle Tennessee – 58-90, 39.19%
125. Colorado State – 57-91, 38.51%
126. Northern Illinois – 55-91, 37.67%
127. North Texas – 55-92, 37.41%
128. Georgia Southern – 51-95, 34.93%

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A reminder that Georgia Southern beat Florida and something about no forward passing plays.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas A&M Regent having himself a grand ol' April Fools' Day on Facebook. Wonder how many heads exploded before realizing?

quote:

"As a Regent of the Texas A&M System, it is my pleasure to announce that Texas A&M will be playing UT next year. We will play one week prior to the regular season, on a neutral field at the University of Houston. This took a lot of doing; should be a great game. Gig'em."

In other news we're quickly closing in on some SPRING FOOTBALL SCRIMMAGES! On the plus side it rules because it's a chance to see your team playing on a football field, and to get hyped about the possibilities for the fall. On the negative side it's a completely zero sum game. If your offense looks unstoppable it probably means your defense sucks, and vice verse. I will personally be trying to hunt down an LHN streaming password so I can get a first glimpse at what the Wickline/Watson/Strong offensive system might look like.

The number of questions up in the air on offense, at QB in particular, is ridiculous. Will Ash stay healthy? Will Max Wittek transfer to Texas? Assuming Ash is healthy and picks up right where he left off in his development, who is at the number 2 spot? Swoopes? Wittek? Maybe even Heard? ONYEGBULE?? What if Ash can't stay healthy? Will Swoopes get to take the redshirt season he really should have had last year? Will Heard get to have his? How the hell the staff is supposed to construct a system around that right now is beyond me.

I leave you with another installment of Mack Brown Breaks it Down

Mack Brown ‏@UT_MackBrown Mar 30
"People often say motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing. That's why we recommend it daily." Zig Ziglar-Motivate yourself daily

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

VDay posted:

I don't know about actual quality, but I know that our guys complained a few years ago that our SuperFit SpecialStretch MarketingBullshit super jerseys that were super loving tiny and were supposed to stretch out were, surprise, too small and too tight and uncomfortable. Also Adidas has been trying to copy Nike's ridiculous designs for years, with usually horrible results (and the occasional 'Hey that doesn't look completely awful!' one).

Also,

If you're gonna make a concept uniform, go all the way. The front and back of those jersey should be Zubaz as well.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thermos H Christ posted:

Texas A&M Regent having himself a grand ol' April Fools' Day on Facebook. Wonder how many heads exploded before realizing?

That is easily the best April Fools' Day joke that I've seen this year.

In other news I was looking at Tulane's season ticket plans for their new stadium and noticed this "Located in the lower portion of Section 114, these seats are available to all recent college graduates who are within four years of their graduation. You don’t have to be a Tulane graduate."
How will they know if someone has graduated from another university within 4 years?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 1, 2014

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Thermos H Christ posted:

Will Max Wittek transfer to Texas?

Now that he's made two visits to Austin, the second with his family joining him, I think it's almost a done deal that Wittek will come to Texas. Which hopefully lets us redshirt Heard, at the very least.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Way too early, but in the event of a terrible Texas meltdown in a game this season, I'm proposing that we call the aftermath thread "Strong Men Also Cry"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

FBSchedules.com calculated strength of schedule, but it's based purely on 2013 win percentage so grain of salt and all that
http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/04/2014-college-football-strength-of-schedule-ncaa-method/

Top 25:
1. Arkansas – 103-54, 65.61%

Good luck Brett Bielehahahahahahahahahaha

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
In today's Crimson White.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thermos H Christ posted:

Way too early, but in the event of a terrible Texas meltdown in a game this season, I'm proposing that we call the aftermath thread "Strong Men Also Cry"

Since North Texas was pretty okay last year, I keep imagining them beating Texas and starting off the Strong Era with a bang.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

wootmachine posted:

hahahaha

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

wootmachine posted:

:eyepop:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Alouicious posted:

I was neutral to Bielema before, but he has acted like a petulant child since day one in the SEC. Was he like this at Wisconsin and I just never noticed?

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Alouicious posted:

Hell yeah 0-16 in SEC play let's fuckin do this

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Spiritus Nox posted:

Since North Texas was pretty okay last year, I keep imagining them beating Texas and starting off the Strong Era with a bang.

The only time I paid attention to them was when they were competitive with Georgia for the first half before letting it get away from them in the second. I'd be really surprised at a UNT win but after that it's BYU and UCLA back to back, which is definitely not just some breezy warmup before conference play. Would be disappointed but not super surprised if we were to lose one or both of those games. From what I can glean I think the defense is going to be solid, possibly even great, but the offense could fall absolutely anywhere on the spectrum from abysmal to excellent.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg

Morby posted:

Was he like this at Wisconsin and I just never noticed?

Yes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thermos H Christ posted:

The only time I paid attention to them was when they were competitive with Georgia for the first half before letting it get away from them in the second. I'd be really surprised at a UNT win but after that it's BYU and UCLA back to back, which is definitely not just some breezy warmup before conference play. Would be disappointed but not super surprised if we were to lose one or both of those games. From what I can glean I think the defense is going to be solid, possibly even great, but the offense could fall absolutely anywhere on the spectrum from abysmal to excellent.

Oh yeah, I don't think it's at all likely you guys lose to UNT - I just think it's an amusing possibility, albeit one that would require a whole lot of things to go wrong at once.

I'll be interested to see what happens to Ash. If nothing else, I really hope he doesn't/hasn't seriously hurt himself. Concussions suck.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Thermos H Christ posted:

In other news we're quickly closing in on some SPRING FOOTBALL SCRIMMAGES! On the plus side it rules because it's a chance to see your team playing on a football field, and to get hyped about the possibilities for the fall. On the negative side it's a completely zero sum game. If your offense looks unstoppable it probably means your defense sucks, and vice verse. I will personally be trying to hunt down an LHN streaming password so I can get a first glimpse at what the Wickline/Watson/Strong offensive system might look like.

The number of questions up in the air on offense, at QB in particular, is ridiculous. Will Ash stay healthy? Will Max Wittek transfer to Texas? Assuming Ash is healthy and picks up right where he left off in his development, who is at the number 2 spot? Swoopes? Wittek? Maybe even Heard? ONYEGBULE?? What if Ash can't stay healthy? Will Swoopes get to take the redshirt season he really should have had last year? Will Heard get to have his? How the hell the staff is supposed to construct a system around that right now is beyond me.

I leave you with another installment of Mack Brown Breaks it Down

Mack Brown ‏@UT_MackBrown Mar 30
"People often say motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing. That's why we recommend it daily." Zig Ziglar-Motivate yourself daily

Steve Patterson is worried about playing in Dubai, not loving College Station.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Seems like his priorities are a little mixed up.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Dubai has a nicer summer though.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Does anyone have that compilation .gif of Goldy being a boss?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DangerKat posted:

Does anyone have that compilation .gif of Goldy being a boss?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
re: Under Armor - Their stuff has gotten loads better since TTU started using them. Their cleats are actually decent now. Their basketball shoes still suck, but they did just start making them about 2 years ago, so that's not too surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Drake just released a song called "Draft Day" and of course it mentions Johnny Manziel--he's even featured on the 'album art' on SoundCloud. Andrew Wiggins is also dropped, because he's from the T dot.

Oh man there's also a reference to GO PLAY INTRAMURALS, BROTHER ahahah

Heaf fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 2, 2014

• Locked thread