Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'm pretty sure none of that stuff is restricted to the US, that's just how humans operate, everywhere.

I say that as a filthy european, who knows, maybe all the mythical rational actors evacuated to the mushroom kingdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
I'm glad you avoided the pitfalls of your family. I'm just guessing, but I think 20 years of Sonic would have been a bit worse played by 2 racist libertarians without empathy...

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Somethingdumb posted:

Yeah, a part 2 is coming as soon as i can record it.

Could you throw up a link to the first one?

spooky attic
Jun 17, 2009

Ineffective at haunting cartridges.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Could you throw up a link to the first one?

Don't never say I didn't ever give you nothin' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzNO4gp3ZD8

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Well just because your interests lie in one place doesn't mean you vote that way.

Usually there's no good reason to vote against your beliefs

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Of course, it doesn't help when "politics" in this country ends and begins with talking heads on TV, statistics nobody cares about and nobody can verify, and a bunch of rich men or clever men spending thousands of dollars to convince you that they are not pieces of poo poo. Ain't nobody reading Marx or Lenin or whatever, ain't nobody reading books about political philosophies or the Prince or anything like that. Ain't nobody learning poo poo.

I'm learning poo poo, i swear

abbic posted:

Don't never say I didn't ever give you nothin' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzNO4gp3ZD8

Has he before? IS THERE BEEF HERE?

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011

sebzilla posted:

Bloody hell, Americans shouldn't be allowed to do politics. It's just embarrassing.

*FFFFFAAAARRTTTTTTTTTT*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

funky not a junkie posted:

*FFFFFAAAARRTTTTTTTTTT*

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Politics are dumb everywhere, because most people don't care about stuff that doesn't play an obvious role in their lives no matter what country they're in.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Somethingdumb posted:

No poo poo, why do you think political parties across the world engage in so much doublespeak? If you can't appeal to the masses, then you've got to trick them.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Keith is your sister like legitimately autistic or something?

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Beartaco posted:

Keith is your sister like legitimately autistic or something?

She is not spectrum oriented, no

MUMMYMTN
May 22, 2003

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Of course, it doesn't help when "politics" in this country ends and begins with talking heads on TV, statistics nobody cares about and nobody can verify, and a bunch of rich men or clever men spending thousands of dollars to convince you that they are not pieces of poo poo. Ain't nobody reading Marx or Lenin or whatever, ain't nobody reading books about political philosophies or the Prince or anything like that. Ain't nobody learning poo poo.

I'd argue that the bigger problem is that people learn plenty, but often their education only ever moves in a direction that reinforces how they already feel. The illuminati-nut is maybe the perfect example of this. I'm sure if you broke down how much time Keith's sister spent reading theories or perspectives that support her own paranoid fears versus time she invests in perspectives that call that poo poo into question, I'd bet the latter wouldn't even come close.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Mico posted:

My mom votes for presidents based on which of them has the cuter dog.

No I'm not joking.

Not to be prying, but aren't you gay? Shouldn't she maybe vote for the guy who literally gives one single solid poo poo about you? Like if you're gonna care about one thing...

no_shit_columbo
Jul 26, 2013

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Not to be prying, but aren't you gay? Shouldn't she maybe vote for the guy who literally gives one single solid poo poo about you? Like if you're gonna care about one thing...

Maybe she thinks the candidate with the cuter dog is the gay-friendly one.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Somethingdumb posted:

There's a difference between your beliefs and your interests.

Hyperbolic example: a new bill that exempts me personally from all taxes and awards me a three million dollar monthly stipend for contributing the magnificence of my existence (and residency) to our great and deserving nation. Or a restriction on people named Nancy being employed by the DMV because gently caress her she told me to fill out the wrong form last month.

That said, yes, tons of people vote without thinking nearly enough.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Ive never come out to my parents. I don't plan to until have a boyfriend I can introduce.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
I can't wait until we get to the Mario RPGs and try to break down the royal autocracy of the Mushroom Kingdom. Cuz seriously, what the hell is their economy like when gold coins can be found in any magical block in the world?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

FinalGamer posted:

I can't wait until we get to the Mario RPGs and try to break down the royal autocracy of the Mushroom Kingdom. Cuz seriously, what the hell is their economy like when gold coins can be found in any magical block in the world?

Gold Coins are the filthy fiat currency endorsed by the Royal Mushroom Family, Invincibility Stars are the one true currency that you should invest in.

Just don't, like, touch the things or they disappear and make you invincible for 15 seconds.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

FinalGamer posted:

The strict limit that you can only own 999 of them at a time works to mitigate inflation.

I'm more curious about the wild fluctuation in the Gold Coin/Frog Coin exchange rate. Tadpole Pond has strict deflationary policies to keep its currency strong vis-a-vis the gold coins of the Mushroom Kingdom, but the Midas Falls exchange set at 30 gold coin/1 frog coin is still a far better deal than one should be able to get otherwise, and that fixed exchange rate will open the path for Soros-types to devalue the Frog Coin.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Lucas is the best progamer and his newest speedrun is my favorite funny thing i've seen today.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Patter Song posted:

The strict limit that you can only own 999 of them at a time works to mitigate inflation.

I'm more curious about the wild fluctuation in the Gold Coin/Frog Coin exchange rate. Tadpole Pond has strict deflationary policies to keep its currency strong vis-a-vis the gold coins of the Mushroom Kingdom, but the Midas Falls exchange set at 30 gold coin/1 frog coin is still a far better deal than one should be able to get otherwise, and that fixed exchange rate will open the path for Soros-types to devalue the Frog Coin.
And how does the Frog Coin currency fair at the Toad Town Stock Exchange? I mean, let's not even throw in the Beanbean Kingdom's absurd exchange rate, which can change from being anywhere from 100 Beanbean coins to 10 Mushroom coins, to 99,999,999,999,999 Mushroom Coins translate into just 99 goddamn Beanbean Coins. I mean, where's the dichotomy in this it's insane I tell ya!
How such kingdoms can even CREATE a trade agreement is just beyond my understanding. And we don't even know anything about Sarasaland's agreements other than some sort of mutual friend policy.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

How can someone be a hardcore libertarian and also think the Rockefellers were evil by merit of being rich and no other reason?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

FinalGamer posted:

If you think that's bad, just wait until we get to Super Mario no Illuminati.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

illuminati episode would have been way better if you saved it for 4/1 and tried to pass it off as Kyle left the partnership and you were replacing him with your sister and just showed footage of sonic or whatever over it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Watching Lucas play a sonic 2 warms my heart so much. I want to watch him beat that game so much.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Jack Gladney posted:

Watching Lucas play a sonic 2 warms my heart so much. I want to watch him beat that game so much.

The end sequence isn't as funny as Sonic getting spiked, so I don't see why he'd want to. Also Lucas needs to be congratulated on discovering a new Sonic 2 glitch that I don't think anyone had seen before.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Saw this in the Retro Games thread but you guys need to take a time machine and LP this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyjBuOCHyOQ

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KKKLIP ART posted:

Saw this in the Retro Games thread but you guys need to take a time machine and LP this:

The F on his hat is for "gently caress my ears at the half minute mark"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

Man, if they aren't doing Kart Fighter, they aren't going back for poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hjGpg5tcL8

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

The F on his hat is for "gently caress my ears at the half minute mark"

I never thought I'd hear a cover of Beethoven's 9th on NES-era pseudo-slot machine bells.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Did that kid drop an f-bomb 14 minutes in?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

ChaosSamusX posted:

How can someone be a hardcore libertarian and also think the Rockefellers were evil by merit of being rich and no other reason?

The answer is anti-semitism

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Libertarianism is about I got mine, not they got theirs.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
You should gaze deeper into the abyss, Libertarians are obviously the paranoid bunch.

Is this still a K&K aprovved derail ?

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Stairmaster posted:

Did that kid drop an f-bomb 14 minutes in?

No, he just says "aack!" all the time and it sounded like he added an f or whatever. I think you're talking about 14:14, but she says "ack!" again, twice, at 14:45

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

skipThings posted:

You should gaze deeper into the abyss, Libertarians are obviously the paranoid bunch.

Is this still a K&K aprovved derail ?

I'd wager it's only K-approved.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Somethingdumb posted:

No, he just says "aack!" all the time and it sounded like he added an f or whatever. I think you're talking about 14:14, but she says "ack!" again, twice, at 14:45

No wonder the kid has trouble with gender pronouns.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ha ha that kid sure loves gleefully throwing Sonic into spikes! Actually interesting watching someone who barely knows what a videogame is play one. He's doing better than I would expect a 4-year-old to.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Thanks for checking out the Run Button Patreon page! Don't mind our temporary video

Hi, I'm Keith Carberry. My cousin Kyle Churchill and I have been making series-encompassing, conversational let's plays for a couple of years now. We have almost five hundred videos (and hundreds of hours of content), where we undertake such tasks as: playing all the Sonic games, playing all the Mario games, and other ideas that suggest we have no regard for our own mental health. Our aim is to continue to make funny, interesting and well produced videos with a natural and easily accessible chemistry.

Because we love what we do, we want to release as much content as we possibly can, but it gets very expensive. We've put a couple thousand dollars into games and equipment and we spend dozens of hours each week commuting, recording and editing. That's what it takes to put out more than one or two videos a week.

The past four or five months have been rough in terms of video quantity. We have jobs, school, girlfriends, etc, and finding the hours has become harder and harder. For the last few weeks we've been making a real effort to put out more content, almost as much content as we'd really like to be putting out, but to sustain this pace we need your help.

This in no way means our content is no longer free but if you've watched and liked our show, or benefited from our hundreds of hours of content, we ask that you consider pledging to ensure not only continued content, but increased quality and quantity. We've worked, and will continue to work (with the help of our patrons) to come up with fun, exciting and different rewards accessible only to you guys. We'd like your help, and we want it to be worthwhile.

What this money goes to:
Getting a capture-enabled 3DS
Upgrading our recording equipment
Paying for Keith's commute to Kyle's house (~2.5 hours total)
Allowing us to spend more time recording and editing
Funding game purchases for streams and let's plays.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

FutureFriend posted:

Thanks for checking out the Run Button Patreon page! Don't mind our temporary video

Hi, I'm Keith Carberry. My cousin Kyle Churchill and I have been making series-encompassing, conversational let's plays for a couple of years now. We have almost five hundred videos (and hundreds of hours of content), where we undertake such tasks as: playing all the Sonic games, playing all the Mario games, and other ideas that suggest we have no regard for our own mental health. Our aim is to continue to make funny, interesting and well produced videos with a natural and easily accessible chemistry.

Because we love what we do, we want to release as much content as we possibly can, but it gets very expensive. We've put a couple thousand dollars into games and equipment and we spend dozens of hours each week commuting, recording and editing. That's what it takes to put out more than one or two videos a week.

The past four or five months have been rough in terms of video quantity. We have jobs, school, girlfriends, etc, and finding the hours has become harder and harder. For the last few weeks we've been making a real effort to put out more content, almost as much content as we'd really like to be putting out, but to sustain this pace we need your help.

This in no way means our content is no longer free but if you've watched and liked our show, or benefited from our hundreds of hours of content, we ask that you consider pledging to ensure not only continued content, but increased quality and quantity. We've worked, and will continue to work (with the help of our patrons) to come up with fun, exciting and different rewards accessible only to you guys. We'd like your help, and we want it to be worthwhile.

What this money goes to:
Getting a capture-enabled 3DS
Upgrading our recording equipment
Paying for Keith's commute to Kyle's house (~2.5 hours total)
Allowing us to spend more time recording and editing
Funding game purchases for streams and let's plays.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
I don't get it.

• Locked thread