Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Azazell0 posted:

Oh, you!

And by the way, I had no idea what it was Indies Zero that made Theaterhythm and NES Remix. Their resume is starting to look pretty drat good.

And Electroplankton! Pretty much proof that videogames are the strangest medium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttFoK8BTXM4

The objective? Hahahahah, thats a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

And Electroplankton! Pretty much proof that videogames are the strangest medium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttFoK8BTXM4

The objective? Hahahahah, thats a good one.

Yeah... I don't like Electroplankton. But I'll give them points for trying something different!

OrochiKiyo
Sep 9, 2012
I got the Hello Kitty Arino plush in today! EMS is a wonderful thing (even if it's expensive).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

OrochiKiyo posted:

EMS is a wonderful thing (even if it's expensive).

It really is. I'm still trying to figure out how they managed to get me GCCX Box 10 within 24 hours of general availability in Japan when I was on the other side of the planet (literally 10,500 km away from Tokyo).

They shipped a day early, because Amazon, but still

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
indieszero also made that 3DS Louvre tour guide app.

gunslinger12345
Feb 23, 2013
I was doing a bit of digging trying to find a raw for NC16 Kirby Collection, and unfortunately it seems that this episode doesn't exist. On 2012-06-22, a Game Center CX Nintendo Channel special was aired after Nintendo Direct where Arino would play the Wii Kirby Collection. The NC15 Kirby Super Star episode has him doing just that; playing Kirby Super Star on the Wii Kirby Collection. There doesn't seem to be any subsequent Nintendo Channel Kirby episodes that have aired at all that I can find, so the most likely conclusion that I can draw is that the episode listing in the first post is incorrect and there is is no Nintendo Channel episode 16 Kirby Collection.

As such, the subsequent numbering of Nintendo Channel episodes is off by one and should be:

NC16 Balloon Fight
NC17 Balloon Fight
NC18 Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
NC19 EarthBound
NC20 NES Remix

Can anyone corroborate this? Apologies if this was mentioned in the thread earlier but I read through it and didn't see it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

gunslinger12345 posted:

I was doing a bit of digging trying to find a raw for NC16 Kirby Collection, and unfortunately it seems that this episode doesn't exist. On 2012-06-22, a Game Center CX Nintendo Channel special was aired after Nintendo Direct where Arino would play the Wii Kirby Collection. The NC15 Kirby Super Star episode has him doing just that; playing Kirby Super Star on the Wii Kirby Collection. There doesn't seem to be any subsequent Nintendo Channel Kirby episodes that have aired at all that I can find, so the most likely conclusion that I can draw is that the episode listing in the first post is incorrect and there is is no Nintendo Channel episode 16 Kirby Collection.

As such, the subsequent numbering of Nintendo Channel episodes is off by one and should be:

NC16 Balloon Fight
NC17 Balloon Fight
NC18 Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
NC19 EarthBound
NC20 NES Remix

Can anyone corroborate this? Apologies if this was mentioned in the thread earlier but I read through it and didn't see it.

First off, you're not wrong. The numbering I use for those episodes in the post is strange and it makes things really weird.

I used the "NC" designation for any video released through the Nintendo Channel. So for example, the original Mega Man 9 was a two episode promotional commercial that Konami produced. Officially in the show's tally it doesn't count since they only count the Nintendo produced episodes (as opposed to the Fuji TV produced episodes). Then there is the Iwata Asks Balloon Fight which is actually part of an interview series starring Iwata but released the same way and featured a challenge.

So getting to Kirby. There were actually two Nintendo Channel Kirby featurettes produced. One is the arena mode (which you've seen). The other was a follow up video that was much shorter and created as a promotional feature. Arino plays the challenge modes that were on the Kirby Dream Collection (which were stripped from Kirby: Return to Dreamland). He actually challenges those (and beats them on the second try) but the video is only about four minutes long. Since it was a Nintendo Channel release and a challenge I put it in the numbering.

Don't get me started on the other promotional challenges that Arino has done. There's some really weird ones featuring a Tecmo-Koei arcade card game ported to the DS where Arino acts as the boss and sends out someone else to play the game.

gunslinger12345
Feb 23, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

First off, you're not wrong. The numbering I use for those episodes in the post is strange and it makes things really weird.

I used the "NC" designation for any video released through the Nintendo Channel. So for example, the original Mega Man 9 was a two episode promotional commercial that Konami produced. Officially in the show's tally it doesn't count since they only count the Nintendo produced episodes (as opposed to the Fuji TV produced episodes). Then there is the Iwata Asks Balloon Fight which is actually part of an interview series starring Iwata but released the same way and featured a challenge.

So getting to Kirby. There were actually two Nintendo Channel Kirby featurettes produced. One is the arena mode (which you've seen). The other was a follow up video that was much shorter and created as a promotional feature. Arino plays the challenge modes that were on the Kirby Dream Collection (which were stripped from Kirby: Return to Dreamland). He actually challenges those (and beats them on the second try) but the video is only about four minutes long. Since it was a Nintendo Channel release and a challenge I put it in the numbering.

Don't get me started on the other promotional challenges that Arino has done. There's some really weird ones featuring a Tecmo-Koei arcade card game ported to the DS where Arino acts as the boss and sends out someone else to play the game.

Thanks for the explanation and the interesting background info. Is there a raw floating around somewhere for the shorter promotion Kirby follow-up? I couldn't find it for the life of me.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

gunslinger12345 posted:

Thanks for the explanation and the interesting background info. Is there a raw floating around somewhere for the shorter promotion Kirby follow-up? I couldn't find it for the life of me.

Well, I have a copy so I'm sure there's more copies out there. :v:

gunslinger12345
Feb 23, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Well, I have a copy so I'm sure there's more copies out there. :v:

Appreciate the quick response, back to google to continue the search. I'm just glad to hear that it exists.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Kibe got all dressed up for his book signing.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

We at SA-GCCX been hard at work on a localization of Arino of 3rd Street but recent user feedback has resulted in us making some localization concessions and liberties, although we feel these differences are pretty transparent.

Will the commander-in-chief and his staff of delinquent daimyos have what it takes to fend off the grittiest Space Invaders remake ever?

Check out the trailer for the game of generations past, present and future right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVAany_f8kk

Download (thanks Mister Chief!): https://mega.co.nz/#!WAo2iATB!O10vb24wupSvKVDCUIaWnWPYkzLViYGo1Zgere29sNM

Pre-order now at your local favorite Tama-ge!

Credits to zari-gani for the art and help with various ideas, to my wife SA lurker yorokobi for making the models (she's way better at this kind of stuff than I am), and to the rest of the SA-GCCX team for contributing ideas and suggestions.

univbee fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Apr 1, 2014

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
This looks awesome! (Could you make that trailer downloadable?)

But it seems liek there is a certain love for dinosaurs missing :-)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

univbee posted:

Check out the trailer for the game of generations past, present and future right here.

I love you guys so much.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

So good.

Here's the trailer in 720p: https://mega.co.nz/#!WAo2iATB!O10vb24wupSvKVDCUIaWnWPYkzLViYGo1Zgere29sNM

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Apr 1, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oh my god that Abe :allears:

Seriously though, Kudos to whomever made those likenesses because they're fantastic. I think the Arino one may actually be the worst likeness of the bunch, which is crazy considering he's the star and all the others are just show staffers.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Aurain posted:

Oh my god that Abe :allears:

Seriously though, Kudos to whomever made those likenesses because they're fantastic. I think the Arino one may actually be the worst likeness of the bunch, which is crazy considering he's the star and all the others are just show staffers.

My wife did them. She's got the right knack, although some of the people were just stupid-hard to get working properly and we omitted some characters because we couldn't find a way to make them look right or work (e.g. For Watanabe to work well, a poofier hairstyle would have been required and isn't in the game because of how resource-intensive complex hair is). I'm sure it's possible for some characters, but there are like 100+ sliders that go from 1-100 in this game that are all in different submenus and influence each-other in various ways (you might get the eyes perfect, but then you gently caress with the jaw or rest of the head and it fucks up everything).

WesY2K posted:

But it seems liek there is a certain love for dinosaurs missing :-)

The ESRB said no :argh:

univbee fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 1, 2014

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

I think I missed something and hence I have no idea what is going on right now

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Jesus Christ, that was amazing. :allears:

a_big_dog posted:

I think I missed something and hence I have no idea what is going on right now
Check your calendar.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

My god. I would buy the hell out of Arino of 3rd Street. :allears:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ChaosArgate posted:

My god. I would buy the hell out of Arino of 3rd Street. :allears:

You pretty much can if you have enough imagination. Other than a bit of sound effects layering and the cooling pad that is all stock, unmodded Saints Row (mostly 4, a few shots are from 3). I uploaded most of the characters as well as unused ones to the saintsrow.com character database, search for "SAGCCX". I'll probably get another 2 or so up tonight (I don't think I upped Inoko MAX). Arino has a Saints Row 3 and a Saints Row 4 version, Abe's works in both, and I think the others will work in whatever too; you might have to dress them yourself in SR3, but then you'd be wanting to do this anyway.

Arino (with a British accent) after being thrown in jail: "Our brand's worth a shitload of money."
-30 seconds later, held hostage in a plane-: "Do you have any idea who you're loving with?!"
-curbstomps a Belgian-
-Does drive-bys as Abe with Buchigiri Rock 'n Roll playing on the custom soundtrack channel-
:allears:

univbee fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 1, 2014

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
I just died laughing. Guess I know what I'm going to be playing on SR4 next time.

You beautiful, beautiful bastards. Someone should link Arino and crew. I suspect they would get a hoot out of this.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

univbee posted:

You pretty much can if you have enough imagination. Other than a bit of sound effects layering and the cooling pad that is all stock, unmodded Saints Row (mostly 4, a few shots are from 3). I uploaded most of the characters as well as unused ones to the saintsrow.com character database, search for "SAGCCX". I'll probably get another 2 or so up tonight (I don't think I upped Inoko MAX). Arino has a Saints Row 3 and a Saints Row 4 version, Abe's works in both, and I think the others will work in whatever too; you might have to dress them yourself in SR3, but then you'd be wanting to do this anyway.

Arino (with a British accent) after being thrown in jail: "Our brand's worth a shitload of money."
-30 seconds later, held hostage in a plane-: "Do you have any idea who you're loving with?!"
-curbstomps a Belgian-
-Does drive-bys as Abe with Buchigiri Rock 'n Roll playing on the custom soundtrack channel-
:allears:

Totally going to borrow Arino for my LP whenever I get around to filling the request for him. :allears: I'm not sure how I completely forgot that the character uploading/downloading was a thing.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Arino has tweeted the video!
https://twitter.com/arimorokoshi415/status/451048994060242944
"What is this! That ponkoron at the end!"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

zari-gani posted:

:stare:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Hopefully he doesn't think they've got another game coming out now. :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Saints Row games are about to break all sales records in Japan despite being CERO Z-rated games, aren't they? :ohdear:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
At this time, I think it's only appropriate to share this from when I played Saints Row 2 a couple years ago, when I first found SA-GCCX:

Arino will always be a match to Saints Row :allears:

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 1, 2014

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

univbee posted:

We at SA-GCCX been hard at work on a localization of Arino of 3rd Street but recent user feedback has resulted in us making some localization concessions and liberties, although we feel these differences are pretty transparent.

Will the commander-in-chief and his staff of delinquent daimyos have what it takes to fend off the grittiest Space Invaders remake ever?

Download (thanks Mister Chief!): https://mega.co.nz/#!WAo2iATB!O10vb24wupSvKVDCUIaWnWPYkzLViYGo1Zgere29sNM

Credits to zari-gani for the art and help with various ideas, to my wife SA lurker yorokobi for making the models (she's way better at this kind of stuff than I am), and to the rest of the SA-GCCX team for contributing ideas and suggestions.
Thank you guys for this! I don't think it's as good as last year's April Fool's video (Nakayama and Toujima's dinosaur fantasies will always make me smile :v:), but it's still awesome how much work you guys did on it. :)

Also, assuming you can buy it two months after the game is released if you didn't pre-order the game, how much will the cooling pad DLC cost?

zari-gani posted:

Holy poo poo, that's awesome! :) Also, requesting the thread title to be changed to "Game Center CX - That ponkorn at the end!"

VVVV Sounds good to me! Day one purchase confirmed!

Obeast fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 1, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Obeast posted:

Also, assuming you can buy it two months after the game is released if you didn't pre-order the game, how much will the cooling pad DLC cost?

The game will go F2P, but the cooling pad DLC is $50 and never goes on sale. We're breaking all sales records.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Obeast posted:

(Nakayama and Toujima's dinosaur fantasies will always make me smile :v:)

Ew, we don't need to hear that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

univbee posted:

This is awesome.

zari-gani posted:

This is even more awesome.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Can't believe I didn't see the "3rd street" connection until now.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Reached Season 10 in my re-watch and having watched the original Donkey Kong Country episodes, it's almost embarassing how much I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Also watching Arino clearly enjoy a game is always the nicest thing.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
This was Arino's April Fool's joke:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Someone needs to tell Arino about VGCW.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I don't really have anything to add after that picture. I mean, look at it. Zari-gani did that, and the translation, Random Stranger timed, Hirayuki proofread, and I just kept slapping the keyboard until video happened.

Episode 145 - Famicom Detective Club (Mega - 355 megs)

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Fuckin' A. I've been waiting for this one.

Detective Arino is the best Arino.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

univbee posted:

I don't really have anything to add after that picture. I mean, look at it. Zari-gani did that, and the translation, Random Stranger timed, Hirayuki proofread, and I just kept slapping the keyboard until video happened.

Episode 145 - Famicom Detective Club (Mega - 355 megs)

The flashing arrow really sells this. Amazing.

Thanks again for the work. I love the mystery episodes, any time they bring out the white board you know it's going to be a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

univbee posted:

Thank you guys for the new episode (I just started the download), but that picture... I'm still convinced that zari is a robot, because I don't think any human can do all that as well as the other non-GCCX work she does. :)