Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

vaguely posted:

I had a cat that liked to scoop his food up onto his paw and then eat it off his paw. If he was eating dry food, he would first kick it out of the dish, then pick it up and put it back in the dish before eating it.

Henry Cat had some dental work done a couple of weeks ago which means the most bestest thing of all: Increased wet food. Tabitha and Charlotte Cat were excited as well. So excited, that I'd been having trouble getting them back to kibble this week. Until I started putting handfuls of kibble on the floor. Then it became the most fun food ever. Cats, man. Cats.

Geolicious has a new favorite as of 17:47 on Apr 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

meataidstheft posted:

Goddamn that cat looks like it has chinchilla-grade softness.

Awwww. I also have cats with some weird cut of siamese* or something, because those bastards never shut the gently caress up. Like ever.

*According to my vet, not some weird desire to have a special cat.

our cat bruce was a serious talker...

Harmsworth
Apr 3, 2014
Sorry for the instagram filter and stuff, but this is my boyfriend's idiot cat.

He's so adorable in real life, but awful at taking pictures.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Harmsworth posted:

Sorry for the instagram filter and stuff, but this is my boyfriend's idiot cat.

He's so adorable in real life, but awful at taking pictures.

What's he scared of

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Fart Pipe posted:

I had a cat that did this too. He was also deaf and made the most hilarious cat noises.

Chunky was another who preferred to stick her paw in the water dish and lick it off and also went deaf. She usually didn't talk much, but had a high pitched sound she'd make when she wanted attention.

She was a barn cat and mean enough to chase dogs. Because of her deafness, if you wanted to get her attention, you'd step harder around her when she asleep. She'd get pissed off if she was startled. Or if you tried to rub her belly, touch her tail, pick her up, pet her too long or just encounter her on a bad day.

I miss her.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

vaguely posted:

I had a cat that liked to scoop his food up onto his paw and then eat it off his paw. If he was eating dry food, he would first kick it out of the dish, then pick it up and put it back in the dish before eating it.

Similar, if less-involved, I don't know why mine does this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poWR7lN3jyY

Golden_Zucchini
May 16, 2007

Would you love if I was big as a whale, had a-
Oh wait. I still am.
At least you guys' cats were smart enough to use their paws to get the water out of the bowl. My mother had a rag doll that would headbutt the water bowl until it spilled enough on the floor to satisfy her.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Similar, if less-involved, I don't know why mine does this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poWR7lN3jyY

My cat did that, I think she did it because the bowl would tickle her whiskers when she put her head in to eat

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was about to make the bed. I turned around and this little stinker had already zonked out.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Harmsworth
Apr 3, 2014

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

What's he scared of

Mostly blueberries (why :confused: ) and the dog. Nothing in particular in this picture, though.

He also will place a paw on my knee when I'm sitting at the dinner table, and meow at me until I feed him.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it
Boston is. Too big.

He is too big to be comfortable on the shelf...

What will Boston do?

He tries to nap, but he is too big.

He tries to be cute, but the shelf does not care. He is too big!

Boston is just too big.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
Boston is so happy in his new home. Squee. :3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Coming up next; the mystery of how all the stuff that used to be on the shelf is now on the floor.

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007

She knows how she got up there, but could not figure out how to get down.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I think that's just a cat thing in general. They always think they can fit somewhere when they just can't.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Because claws work great going up, not so much going down.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I'll tape or take photos next time Cometa climbs on a tree and spends half and hour meowing and hoping I'll magically fly and get her down (She always finds a way to climb down, nothing to worry).

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

This is basically the best cat gif in existence.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

vaguely posted:

Mine does a weird thing, too. She'll scoop up bits of dry food and drop them in her water bowl and then scoops them out and eats them.

She will not eat wet food. I bought some for her once. She looked at it for a minute and looked at me with a, "You gonna eat this poo poo cause I sure as hell ain't," look.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Harmsworth posted:

Mostly blueberries (why :confused: ) and the dog. Nothing in particular in this picture, though.

He also will place a paw on my knee when I'm sitting at the dinner table, and meow at me until I feed him.

These are all common attributes of black cats. I can understand dogs, blueberries not so much.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it
Boyfriend got up to run some errands, returned to a chair thief:

If you don't come back and re-claim your chair now it'll be too late!

...it's too late.

View from the tail-end:

The bf got his revenge on him, though. We had this awful singing alpaca souvenir in the house he was going to send to his sister, and we decided to introduce the two. He was remarkably nonplussed, all things considered, but he too eventually decided it was an abomination.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jay O posted:

The bf got his revenge on him, though. We had this awful singing alpaca souvenir in the house he was going to send to his sister, and we decided to introduce the two. He was remarkably nonplussed, all things considered, but he too eventually decided it was an abomination.

Your cat has an excellent 'what the gently caress!' face.

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

Some Numbers posted:

This is basically the best cat gif in existence.

i agree with this statement, cant say ive seen one better

Pig Head
Mar 9, 2006

He'll bite your face
This is Tobycat. He lives in the apartment above my friend (it's a house, not building) with a sweet little old lady who lets him out at least once per day to visit my friend and her boyfriend. He hangs out for a few hrs and goes home. It really is precious. If you turn sound up, you can hear him saying hello. :3:

https://mediacru.sh/BB9QUdMQab78

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I guess Stella likes her new bed?

or... not?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

MikeJF posted:

Your cat has an excellent 'what the gently caress!' face.

This is basically what I was going to post. His reaction to the alpaca was amazing and the first shot on the chair is a perfect "oh, was this yours?" fake innocent.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it

Pig Head posted:

This is Tobycat. He lives in the apartment above my friend (it's a house, not building) with a sweet little old lady who lets him out at least once per day to visit my friend and her boyfriend. He hangs out for a few hrs and goes home. It really is precious. If you turn sound up, you can hear him saying hello. :3:

https://mediacru.sh/BB9QUdMQab78

Awwww Tobycat is so sweet. :3: So much fluff~

Big Cat

Blue Cat

Bag Cat

Shoe Cat

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Maru better step up his game if he wants to compete with that.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I wish my cats were that tolerant of the stupid poo poo I do to them. :3:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

More stuff stolen from Imgur.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

I was just about to ask "Who in the world has a plushie Lilith?" Then I saw it was "Jay O" posting. Of course.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

particle409 posted:

More stuff stolen from Imgur.

This cat is turning into a tribble and is begging the human to help it before it goes full-fuzzball

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I think I might be starting along the steps to becoming a crazy cat lady.

Am going to visit this lady at the weekend.

Poor thing was saddled with the name of Felix by her previous owners.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Angrymog posted:

I think I might be starting along the steps to becoming a crazy cat lady.

Am going to visit this lady at the weekend.

Poor thing was saddled with the name of Felix by her previous owners.

Does her mouth always look like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it

Ema Nymton posted:

I was just about to ask "Who in the world has a plushie Lilith?" Then I saw it was "Jay O" posting. Of course.

Ha ha, well in fairness, the plushie Lillith isn't mine.

Nap Mode factor 5.