Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Randall for sure. And Falcons-era Vick (again, good or bad)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Daunte launching bombs to Randy Moss was the best.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
And of course, the most fun player to watch of all time:

If he didn't have such a lack of talent I'd say the only reason he busted was because luck hates him.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Doltos posted:

And of course, the most fun player to watch of all time:

If he didn't have such a lack of talent I'd say the only reason he busted was because luck hates him.

How do you post all of that and not his most shining moment, the but fumble?

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013
I used to love watching Cutler, because of his cannon and how often he'd get sacked.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

bewbies posted:

I think I'll go to the grave thinking late 80s Randall Cunningham is the most entertaining athlete I've ever seen in any sport except maybe for Pavel Bure.

Really Johnny Manziel is the only guy with a real shot at that title any time soon.

edit:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap2000000153488/Randall-Cunningham-eludes-Bruce-Smith

:siren: QB bias alert :siren:

Along with Randy Moss, I think Barry Sanders has to be up there.... i mean, is he going to get tackled for an 8 yard loss or bust one for a 30 yard TD doing all that dancing? That poo poo was the bomb.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sanchez wasn't a very fun QB to watch for 99% of the time, but the 1% was really funny

Gotta Wear Shades
Jul 25, 2013

Learn to hoist a jack,
Learn to lay a track
Learn to pick and shovel too
And take my hammer, it'll do anything you tell it to

Ramadu posted:

Everyone knows the beauty of the butt fumble. So why not take a moment to enjoy what the rest of his career can provide?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Shath Hole posted:

I dig it. Why should New York's idiot fans be the only ones allowed to boo every pick!

The Draft should be held in the city with the #1 Pick.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Blitz7x posted:

Terelle Pryor for like 4 games
The late night game was magnificent.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ramadu posted:

Didn't need to! The butt fumble is the greatest play of all time but it detracts from the legend of Mark Sanchez's career. He hosed up so many times that the butt fumble was icing on a multi-tiered wedding cake.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Sanchez wasn't a very fun QB to watch for 99% of the time, but the 1% was really funny

Yep, he was the equivalent of Nascar. Boring QB going through the motions 249 times then crashing on the 250th lap. It was made worse because the Jets defense was so incredibly good that Sanchez seemingly always had the ball.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
NASCAR is a really good analogy for Sanchez's career. He's probably about as deadly too, with the amount of suicides he inspired.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

But Sanchez can't throw to the left and NASCAR is all about going left

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

NASCAR is a really good analogy for Sanchez's career. He's probably about as deadly too, with the amount of suicides he inspired.

:rip:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

Sample sizes and all, but Tim Tebow has produced an inordinate share of the funniest, most entertaining plays in just one season.

Him Tebowing around and getting obliterated by that Pats defender in 2012 is one of the best plays ever.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
NASCAR does it right. Not only can it kills it's athletes but also it's fans.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rasczak posted:

But Sanchez can't throw to the left and NASCAR is all about going left

So Sanchez's career was pretty much the same as Dale Earnhardt's

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Him Tebowing around and getting obliterated by that Pats defender in 2012 is one of the best plays ever.

God drat that took me at least 10 minutes to find. We got a lot of Tebow gifs floating around here.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
Joe Namath is revered in NY as the best QB the Jets ever had and is used as a benchmark for all the new guys which is hilarious considering he has a 173/220 career TD/INT ratio and only had 2 seasons where he threw for more TDs than picks. He played 13 years in the league.

"So uhhh... what does Rex's wife like, Mark?"

Toymachine fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 3, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Toymachine posted:

Joe Namath is revered in NY as the best QB the Jets ever had and is used as a benchmark for all the new guys which is hilarious considering he has a 173/220 career TD/INT ratio and only had 2 seasons where he threw for more TDs than picks. He played 13 years in the league.
1) We're not exactly lying when we say he was the best QB we've ever had. The Jets have had a whole lot of really lovely QBs and 2-3 seasons of O'Brien/Testeverde/Pennington awesomeness.

2) Joe Namath loving owns.
http://thestacks.deadspin.com/playboys-candid-conversation-with-the-superswinger-qb-1229873187

quote:

Playboy: Whom do you have in mind?

Namath: I have AFL quarterbacks in mind. Look, before the Super Bowl, a lot of people thought I was bum-rapping Earl Morrall of the Baltimore Colts when I said there were four guys in the AFL who were better than he is. Well, I wasn't putting him down. But when you talk about quarterbacks, you've got to put John Hadl of San Diego, Bob Griese of Miami, Daryle Lamonica and myself right up there. Sure, you can't take anything away from NFL quarterbacks like Sonny Jurgensen and Roman Gabriel and Bart Starr and Johnny Unitas. But the point is that no one wanted to recognize that the AFL has more than its share of topflight quarterbacks. A lot of people still don't want to, but because we won the Super Bowl last season, they have to.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 3, 2014

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Randall Cunningham was fun as hell and I miss him so much. Can't wait till Randall Jr hits the league in a couple of years and he doesn't go to the eagles. I'm gonna weep like a baby

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

God drat that took me at least 10 minutes to find. We got a lot of Tebow gifs floating around here.

I never noticed that in all his bullshit he ran in front of 4/5 of his O Line. Such a great play.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ozu posted:

1) We're not exactly lying when we say he was the best QB we've ever had. The Jets have had a whole lot of really lovely QBs and 2-3 seasons of O'Brien/Testeverde/Pennington awesomeness.

2) Joe Namath loving owns.
http://thestacks.deadspin.com/playboys-candid-conversation-with-the-superswinger-qb-1229873187

Also he tried to sexually assault Suzy Kolber on live TV.

And I realize it's super cheesy, but the footage of him coming off the field after Superbowl III with his index finger in the air gives me legit chills every time I see it. My dad has this really cool mini Namath bust/statue thing that he got probably 40 years ago.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 3, 2014

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Seriously though, Boomer Esiason can go gently caress himself

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Chichevache posted:

I love how the guy who initially whiffs on him is the one that lays him out. "gently caress YOU TIM"

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I was like what am I supposed to be seeing here?

Oh.. oh my Gosh. He dead.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

JRizzle posted:

I love how the guy who initially whiffs on him is the one that lays him out. "gently caress YOU TIM"

Wilfork's fist in the air is the second best part. Do we know who it was that made the tackle? I can only see a 4 as the second digit.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chichevache posted:

Wilfork's fist in the air is the second best part. Do we know who it was that made the tackle? I can only see a 4 as the second digit.

The old Jets' DE, Shaun Ellis.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

The old Jets' DE, Shaun Ellis.
I miss Shaun Ellis. :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-aUA8Owyo

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Is it too late to throw in a vote for Steve Young as the very best ever? Because I genuinely believe this (not a 49er fan or a Mormon either).

Put me down for Bradshaw as the most overrated (after Namath of course). The ultimate kiss the rings bullshit.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

predicto posted:

Is it too late to throw in a vote for Steve Young as the very best ever?

I already did.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
DJax is taking #11 in Washington just in case anyone was wondering (prolly not)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

NattyBo posted:

DJax is taking #11 in Washington just in case anyone was wondering (prolly not)

All those poor fans with outdated Aldrick Robinson jersies.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

In Washington there appears to be a common revolution in progress

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

MourningView posted:

I already did.

Is it possible to vote for 90's Steve Young as best ever, and simply forget an 80's Steve Young existed?

I love Steve, he's easily my favorite QB, but he really only had eight seasons that could count towards greatest of all time (vs four that were poo poo, and a few backup/injury years).

VVVVV Kurt Warner wouldn't even enter my mind when considering the best QB of all time, though. Top 20, possibly. Best ever? Not even a consideration. VVVVV

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 3, 2014

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Coldforge posted:

Is it possible to vote for 90's Steve Young as best ever, and simply forget an 80's Steve Young existed?

I love Steve, he's easily my favorite QB, but he really only had eight seasons that could count towards greatest of all time (vs four that were poo poo, and a few backup/injury years).

Kurt Warner was only really good for 5-6 seasons at the beginning and end of his career, the middle was pretty drat mediocre. I think Steve Young's starter years count well enough.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Falcons Vick was the most amazing player to watch live. 2nd runner up pre knee exploded RGIII.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

davecrazy posted:

Falcons Vick was the most amazing player to watch live. 2nd runner up pre knee exploded RGIII.

I miss those RIP Michael Vick and RIP RGIII gifs

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

davecrazy posted:

Even though burners at QB tend to have health issues compared to guys like Newton, there's no questioning how much fun they are to watch when they are on. Vick with the Falcons was the best. Is he going to throw it for 40 yards or run it for 40 yards? No one knows!

Edit: I was so excited to see Pryor live in Arrowhead. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I miss those RIP Michael Vick and RIP RGIII gifs

The Matt Moore one was the best.

• Locked thread