Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Meroth vs Gohdog- The Logging Sites, The Confederacy of Merchant Princes
Winner: Meroth
The workers were more like slaves to the companies running the logging towns. They charged the workers for room and board, for their meals, and for any money they didn't spend there was booze, prostitution, and gambling to take their minds off the deplorable conditions. Everything cost money. Workers were fined for little things adding up. Wages were poor anyway and the workers weren't organized. It was the perfect storm and Meroth capitalized on it beautifully.

First one camp rioted, then another and soon the workers killed their overseers and managers shutting down the operations. They wrecked equipment and soon it all began to burn. Late into the night and then soon over several days the workers rampaged. Soon the elves arrived with their armies of goblins, ents, and other forest folk. Groups that hated one another gathered together under one banner just this once to take back what was stolen. By the time the government responded to the wanton destruction, it was too late. The army of workers had scattered after spending their rage on the two targets and the elves had faded back with their forces into the woods. Ringleaders of the men were found, but they too seemed fuzzy as to exactly why they had started the whole thing to begin with. They spoke of a dream. A dream of a master, powerful and demanding. The elves watched the ruins carefully, their new master having answered their prayers.

The workers rose up into an army. The elves and others rose up into an army. They smashed both camps and annihilated them. They dispersed when the attack was all but spent. The lots of elves hold Meroth in high esteem, at least he stuck back at the men who ruined their world as opposed to Mimsy, who only made tree forts and catered to the monkeys.

pre:
Destruction	has been	Advanced
Elves	        has been	Advanced
Elves	        has been	Tapped (Meroth)
Fire	        has been	Advanced
Hatred	        has been	Advanced
Industry	has been	Setback
Law	        has been	Setback
Nature	        has been	Advanced
Peace	        has been	Setback
Prosperity	has been	Setback
Revenge	        has been	Advanced
Terror	        has been	Advanced
War	        has been	Tapped (Meroth)
Mimsy - Fairdeal

Mimsy appears in front of the tax collector and his forces (which while not massive were considerable). For a moment nothing happens. Then like the snapping of many fine twigs went the minds of the mortals arrayed before him. Had they been forged with purity of purpose like an army, they might have been unscathed. But they were not. "BLOOD!" Screamed the thin, rakish and spectacle wearing tax collector as he brandished his pen like a sword. Unlike the scribe the soldiers had no such weapons, swords would have to do. "BLOOD AND DEATH! THE GODS WALK AMONG US! IT IS THE APOCALYPSE AS WAS FORTOLD BY The Seers at the Oracle!!" As one the men charged, mad and completely believing they were sane.

They marched with deadly purpose towards Fairdeal.

No influence spent, no attack? Shame shame.

Meroth - Kine, West Norn

With no one to stop him, Meroth casually wipes the people of Kine from existence. The town, while intact became the focus of rumors. The ash ghosts left behind by the blast telling a chilling tale for those who do not bow to the Lord Of Hate.

Kine's population has ceased to be. People will not move there. In 5 years the town will fade from the map.

pre:
Legends	        has been	Advanced
Prosperity	has been	Setback
Gohdog vs Cipher - Fairdeal
Winner: Cipher

The forest grows outward from fairdeal and soon the area around it is filled with darkness, foul beasts, and soon the rampaging killing machines formerly known as the Tax Collector Brigade. Indeed fairdeal was now almost an island in the nation of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes. NO ONE wanted to go there. Only the elves trained in fairdeal could guide people into and out of the town without running afoul of the defenses. Insane people withing and and army of bloodlusting berserkers without, fairdeal was shaping up to be the perfect asylum.

The tax collector and his forces are now part of the defenses around Fairdeal. However the defenses will harm ANYONE who try to get in or out. Only the skills of the most highly trained people can get you in or out.

pre:
Dungeons&Dorks  has been        Tapped (Cipher)
Hospitality	has been	Setback
Lore	        has been	Advanced
Madness	        has been	Advanced
Travel	        has been	Setback
Cipher collaboration with Amrom
(Azariah the troll and Clarity oh, and his WRAITH ARMY!)

Amrom gives Azariah the knowledge of the deaths across the world of the teachers at Omette. In a new necromantic ritual with the help of his god, he raises an army of elite wraiths.[1 Life, 1 Attack]. On the night of this triumph Clarity approaches Azariah with her prophecy. Through the gates they went defeating a guardian sage in battles of sorcery, wit, character, and strength. Each gave unto him a secret of the Troll Father and one of his weaknesses with their dying gasp. Azariah cackled at their deaths and let his wraiths devour each defeated sage. It seemed with more help from Clarity and her visions Azariah grew larger and darker. The world to him seemed a grey place, one which he would rule. He came to the deepest vault and the highest of the mountains and saw that it contained a riddle with no answer. At this Azariah asked Clarity to show him the way. Her vision provided the troll the answer he was looking for and he smiled. He spoke the words and the vault opened. Inside was the Breaker of Chains, blade of the rebellion. He took it into his hands and laughed. Soon he would march upon the Troll Father himself. Let him try to "protect" the Troll people, he only held them back. He would not let the trolls live in blissful ignorance, he could see that they were slaves to the selfishness of the Troll Father's need to protect them. Azariah marched into the night, Clarity and his army at his heels.

He's ready for the final battle!

pre:
Ignorance	has been	Setback
Mysteries	has been	Advanced
Prophecy	has been	Advanced
Quests	        has been	Advanced
Sorcery	        has been	Advanced
Undeath	        has been	Advanced
Maen vs Gohdog Battle outside Fairdeal
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-97BrdWBRuE

On the fields outside of fairdeal Maen attacks Gohdog over a disagreement. Priests, Seers, Oracles, and those sensitive to the doings of the gods all fall to their knees as the vision of what transpires floods their consciousness. They see the divine Hog attempting to prevent a forest of monsters and ill mood from being created, they also see the goddess of madness attack out of seemingly nowhere. Time freezes. The gods speak. All is heard. The request of Maen. The defiance of Gohdog. The attack. Gohdog's dedication to peace.

It was almost too much.

Time reasserted itself. The blow was struck and Gohdog winced. Maen screamed in triumph, then went silent in momentary puzzlement. Gohdog didn't strike back. He only looked sad and full of sorrow. He said not another word. Slowly he drew out the silver moonshard and slowly it dissolved into tears of light which bathed the world in fading radiance. The wound in his flesh bled a soft glowing white. The floating god turned away sadly and began to float away...

Maen. What are you going to do? Will you continue to attack or let Gohdog leave in peace? The mouths of the mortal world are watching what happens next. Will this be a story of tragedy, triumph, or a mix of both?

pre:
??? Has been ???
:smugwizard:Ok going to let the drama continue slightly, if anyone has anything to say or do now is the time. Roleplay time! When its done the year will turn. Spend what you want to finish spending or keep it all for next year, your choice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Maen - Fairdeal

"Restraint? RESTRAINT IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR CHAINS!" Maen shrieked as she pierced the silver lance into Gohdog. "You speak as if you're the hero, but we gods are power given form! Choke our power, and you kill us!"

Deeper and deeper she plunged the spear, deeper and deeper in her madness she plunged. "Hahaha, a monster, a silver weapon, and one that stops that from what must happen!"

As they fought, madness took more complete hold of the town of Fairdeal, and madness took more complete control of Maen's countenance. As she released the spear, she bounced off, the too wide grin on her face, bowing to an imaginary audience. "Thank you, I did it all for my one true love, my beloved baron."

And then Gohdog simply removed the spear, Maen looking at it with mad panic. "No! NO! That is now how it's supposed to go! I slay the monster, and all is well. It's how it's supposed to go! You can't do that! Stop it!" She tore at her hair. "Baron? Where are you, my love?" She looked around, seeing Gohdog go away. "NO! This has to be finished! You're the monster, I'm the lover and we have to do the thing! Otherwise it's all gonna come apart. Hahahah... it'll be Chaos... or not? Wait... no, I wasn't... was I the monster all along?"

She turned away form him. "A forest filled with monsters? Did he do... no, I did... no wait... she did... Yes she did, she did, and I stabbed her? No, stabbed the pig, the monster? The shadowed figure? The tower. Do I need to get back to the tower? I need to run, the beast it out at night! It's not safe! Blood, blood, blood drowning all of us, and I'm the one that did it! HAHAHAHAAAAAAA!"

And with that Maen ran raving into the woods, laughing as tears ran down her face. As a cloud moved in front of the moon, her light dimmed for a bit, the Mother of Madness' taking a more mortal form as she sought refuge in the woods.

Not attacking further, going nuttballs and spending the rest of the year as a raving madwoman in the forest, likely to end up in Fairdeal with the other crazies.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren:
Forgot this.

Ignatz vs Amrom - Necromancer sparkle fest
Winner: Amrom

Before Ignatz could enact his bizzare plan, Amrom stood firmly in the way. The showers of sparks snuffed out in the blackness of undeath. He wouldn't allow his chosen ones to be turned into erotic beacons for young rebellious teenage girls. No one noticed but Ignatz felt the defeat none-the-less.

pre:
Ignorance  has been Setback
Sorcery    has been Advanced

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Fairdealwood

Mimsy shook its head as it ceased to physically manifest in the world. The pull of Meroth, the desires of the Elves, the pain of the forests, and the obvious hostility of the humans all combined to reveal one thing:

The humans had to go.

Mimsy began with the ones it was most aware of. Strangling, Entangling vines crept out from the forest to snare the tax collectors and the army he brought with. As they hacked at one vine two others would come around and snare them. None would survive, and their bones would scatter around the edges of the forest as a warning to others.

ATTACK! Unleashing the loving fury! Mimsy uses Assassin Vine! NOTE: This is directed at the tax collector crew, generally at the edge of the forest. Some madmen who are too close might caught in the splash but everyone else actually inhabiting Fairwood ought to be safe I think.

Mimsy - Questiontime

Mimsy expanded divine awareness to research some lingering questions.

Where are the seers of the Oracle located? What is the basic common mortal knowledge/opinion of them?

Where do the leaders of the Merchant Princes, the titular Princes themselves congregate?

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 3, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
If no one wants to accost Mimsy for her acts I will update! edit: wait its attack. I'll update NOW! :siren:

Jamezbfod/Mimsy: The seers of the Oracle are locatd in East Norn. The basic common mortal knowledge/opinion of them is you listen to them as they have prevented disaster and foreseen many other things. Kings and commoner alike if not listen to their messages and council at least pay it a minor bit of respect.

The leaders of the Merchant Princes, the titular Princes themselves congregate: In their baller rear end castle located in the Confederacy of Merchant Princes. (Appear before them in person at nature's peril.)

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 3, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Mimsy - Fairdeal, The Confederacy of Merchant Princes

The Tax collector and his cohorts were busy murdering a bunch of traveling followers of Gohdog when Mimsy layed the very forces of nature upon them. They couldn't even scream as they died in horrible painful agony. The defenses around fairdeal would now be flawed. The territory the berserker tax collectors held devoid of any beasts that wanted it. It smelled "wrong" to them.

The humans are dead in the woods. There are still filthy humans in fairdeal. There are human druids, weather mages, and green magic users throughout your domain. You have human priests. All targets available to you.

pre:
Bane of Mankind has been        Tapped (Mimsy)
Law	        has been	Advanced
Madness	        has been	Setback
Peace	        has been	Advanced
Travel	        has been	Advanced

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

List of people who said they're not acting until next year (unless something huge happens):
  • Mr. Prokosch / Platonis
  • Shogeton / Maen
  • Vulin / Meroth

That leaves 5 of you who need to agree to advance or do some roleplay this remaining turn.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 3, 2014

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
I'm looking at the castle in the Caruqosa area with no name. Is it empty and free to use as a base? Also, is anyone in Cravos' Tower? If people are there, what are they like?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Miltonslavemasta/Amrom: The area is listed at the bottom of the map post under the nation of Caruqosa as "Castle Caruqosa".

You sense a sleeping being on par in power with the Troll Father. The slumber is NOT voluntary. You sense a slight kinship in the spectrum of powers sleeping there, though if it shares common goals or morality is another thing entirely.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Interesting. I think I'll be done for the year.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Gohdog - Fairdeal

"Mimsy," Gohdog speaks, his piggish jowls flapping as his wound persists, "Do you walk this path? Have you allowed this hatred to take root? Vengeance cannot soothe nor heal such wounds that were done upon Elvenkind. This... Path that you embark upon will only bring more harm to all mortalkind."

Gohdog pauses, the glistening porky wound on his manifestation knitting itself shut, "Will you allow me to soothe this pain? Will you give me a chance to replace fear for survival with prosperity and happiness? Such losses inflicted upon these mortals must be righted, but repeating the mistakes of the past will only make such a more dire future. To play into the hands of Meroth will leave your chosen wards in his hands."

I'm ready for a new year totally.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
3 left.
Jamezbfod/mimzy
Megane/cipher
Mr. Fowl/ignatz

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Done for the year

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Yeah I'm done. I'd attack the castle but have no time.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I'm done for the year, too.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The year passes. - The World

MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paqSsVNafVo

The greatest repository of knowledge had all of it burned by the agents of Ignatz. A loss to the world. Several encampments and a few towns were devastated by the return of Meroth. Rumors from the country of the Confederacy of Merchant princes showed that the city of fairdeal was a cursed land, where the gods punished and rewarded in equal measure. The area was avoided by everyone but the mad and the foolhearty. An army was being formed to deal with the threat fairdeal posed. A new university founded by the god Platonis' followers began to take root and played straight man to the joke that Omette had become. Savage Elves began to appear in the stolen lands and preyed on traveler and entrepreneur alike. There was no difference in the scum. Murmers also began near the mountains of the troll father's realm of a necromancer that supposedly rivaled the acts of the dark lord himself and a wraith army. The printing press brought with it news that the pirates were meeting their match, ship designs had been stolen with the help of a travelling caravan of Goh-fu'di. Many other things spun and changed, the eyes of the gods upon everything or nothing. Time would see their mark put upon the world for they had returned and soon would show the others that they were not pretenders.

:smugwizard Sent you all PMs with points. :siren:
GM news:
God who has been relatively unscathed by others' actions the past year: Maen
God who has tapped the most domains in the past year: Vulin
God most messed with the most in the past year: Platonis
God who had the largest colaboration with best outcome between participants: Platonis

Players most frequently: Fought with and over things with the god of peace.

GM Advice: Some of you haven't been doing much and others have this problem AND bad luck. You're going to notice others are leaving you in the dust. DO SOMETHING.

I have a feeling combat will be coming to several of you, good luck.

Year 3 begins...NOW~!

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Meroth - Confederacy of Merchant Princes

Meroth was amused by the fight between the two gods. Gohdog would soon learn the foolishness of his ways. Peace clearly did not have any room in this world, the behavior of the other gods were testament to that.

But for now other things waited. The conflict between the elves and the Confederacy was heating up and would start in the near future, Meroth was sure of it. And while he helped the elves out so far, it would be truly unfair for him to play favorites in this coming war. So Meroth decided that he would give the merchant princes a chance to fight back, if they prove worthy.

In the middle of they day all merchant princes were struck by a vision. They were all in a dimly-lit dungeon, each one of them shackled to the walls with bronze chains. A hooded figure in black robes stood at the large wooden door, with a burning torch in his right hand. As he started to talk the princes could only make out his words as a feint whisper. “War is coming to your empire. The elves want to reclaim their ancestral homeland and they have the favor of the gods. But fear not, for Meroth has taken pity on you. He shall help you, however you must first prove your dedication to him.”

“All of you must make a pilgrimage to Old Man Red's Mountain in Defae. All of you must bring your most beloved possession and offer it up to what you find there. If you fail in this task all your work will be undone and your wealth be destroyed. If you succeed in this task a new golden age will dawn for you.”

Using influence to send the merchant princes on a little quest.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, Cravis's Tower, Journey To the West
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8G4tZbMmw
Interesting.
A Pilgrimage to the West!
Let us act in the West as well.

Amrom listens silently to Meroth's messenger. "He aims to send the Merchant Princes to the West. They seek Old Man Red. He is probably a Dragon." After some quiet deliberation, they begin speaking again. "It must be known Dragons are not the most powerful of beings. There are yet greater adversaries a mortal must overcome to prove themselves. We must demonstrate this, to prove we are most relevant and powerful."

Slowly, the bodies of Amrom begin to combine into one massive Lich-King, and as they combine, a voice shudders down, echoing beyond time and space and the bounds of reality, then focusing into the depths of one tower. "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE, DARK LORD. THE STATE OF THIS WORLD DISAPPOINTS. RAISE UNDEAD ARMIES, PRACTICE DARK MAGICS, AND SURPASS THE WORLD'S GREATEST FEATS OF INDUSTRY IN THE NAME OF AMROM. WE HAVE BROKEN YOUR CHAINS, AND SHOULD YOU PROVE YOURSELF WORTHY, WE WILL ASSURE THAT YOU WILL NEVER DEPART THIS WORLD AGAIN."

Time to wake up, little buddy. Offering a protective alliance if he/she/it is willing to further my domains. If not, well, maybe I'll tap a domain from whatever it does do.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Elven Retreat - Elfstravaganza

Some Humans were Elf-friends, most seemed as if they just wanted to get through their short, meagre lives, and then again some other humans actively hurt Nature and Elven interests for their own gain. The former needed a fitting reward as much as the latter needed a just punishment. The middle lot...Mimsy pondered as influence concentrated.

Humanfolk, druidic types, rangers, anyone held to be one of the “good humans” by Elves were invited in a dream by Mimsy to a festival held by the Elves, themselves told of this plan in dream. Many tales were told, lore of both peoples shared. In the closing days of the festival the offer was made to the humans, basically thus:

“You have done well to be regarded so by Elvenkind. Take your rightful place and become more than human, become half Elven.”

To those that accepted, the Ritual was performed.

Giving the Elves a ritual to grant half-Elven status to people of their choosing. Probably not in huge numbers, we may have to negotiate on the price. Also initiating an annual Elf Festival. So two actions I guess.

Mimsy - Fort Eldra

The spirits of the Elves who died at the fortress long ago, never given a proper Elven burial lingered in Mimsy’s sight. Likely burned or buried in a pit by the humans, if they were following their horrid customs and not just feeding the dead to their dogs.

“Take form, children. Manifest once and avenge yourselves, then be at peace.”

Creating an army of ghost Elves/Wraiths to attack Fort Eldra and cleanse the joint of humankind.

Mimsy - Elven Militia

The woods caught fire but did not burn. A voice spoke out from the flames: “Children, go to the edge of the woods by Fort Eldra. Wait for the dead to avenge themselves, then take back the fortress for Elvenkind!”

Creating an Army to garrison itself at Fort Eldra

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 4, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter

His skin feels cold. The sun died so long ago that he cannot remember warmth. He wants to close his eyes to the lights, the false-fires, the horrors they reveal. But he cannot. He sees ever hoary inch of them, dripping with blood. And the cries, the cries! He struggles to cover his ears to muffle the soul-shattering shrieks but his hands crumble away and he is left to suffer along with the rest. He tastes death and on the wind he smells the end coming for them all. And lo, from the depths, it rises, the many-headed beast whose mere sight is madness, knowing it is destruction. He tries to shield himself from the terrifying visage of this harbinger of the end of all things, but his arms become dust. He has no protection from it, for he already knows this beast. He cries out, "Sweet Nothingness, O Unknowing Unmaker, please take me now!"

He wakes in a ruin, once his corner of the heavens. The nightmares of a god are potent things. With a whisper He restores it to its original state--dark, cool, and quiet. He draws himself tightly and begins to think.

The last year was...He unmakes the thought before finishing and moves on. He would need allies if he was going to continue aiding the mortals. His begins to whisper, his words hopefully reaching receptive ears.

To Maen "I have admired your artistry from afar. It is an example, an inspiration for mortals to follow, untainted by the honeyed words of scholars. I believe we would benefit from closer ties."

To Godhog "You care for the mortals as much I do, I see it. And yet they resist you and beat you down...They are driving you into a corner, and you need a friend. We could work wonders to shock the world."

To Mimsy "Though I do not leave my sanctum, I see much. And what I see is telling--many gods whose very being opposes you. Mimsy, Lord of the Wild, you provide an alternative to the complexities that Platonis would mire mortals in. I would have you as an ally, if you would accept me."

He awaits their word as he turns an eye to the world.

Ignatz knows that he must exert greater influence over the world. He is loathe to gather followers as his brothers and sisters might--he is content to keep his children safe without them ever knowing of the danger or their protector. However, he cannot deny the value of such vain trappings, so he resolves to bend to practicality in this situation as his attention turns to Mount Green and its environs. Here, the true education of the people will begin. He was foolish in forcing his lessons on Platonis and the Anathema. Instead, he would show them, and the world, how people could--no, how they should live.

By night, he whispered his vision into the dreams of the people of Narshe and Garo. By afternoon, they began preparation for their holy task. Take your time, he bade them, for you are precious to me. You burden is great and I must shoulder your suffering if you fall. When they were ready, the people set out, carrying on as best they could. Those among them who knew them mountain lead the way, for they saw where it would come to lie. Those among them who could build and set stone laid a mighty foundation. Men accustomed to raising barns raised sturdy walls to withstand the high winds of the mountains, roofs to stand against harsh rain and snow. Tillers of the soil turned rock and sand into pensive gardens and pools. And the artists of the villages, the dabblers in sculpture, in painting, and arts in all their forms...they made it beautiful. Even those who could not work helped, bringing food, water, supplies, and tending to the inevitable injuries.

The Green Mountain Monastery became a work of art and wonder to behold. Exhausted from their labors, the people of Narshe and Garo rested in the Monastery. In their dreams, another vision came, of how they would live their lives from then on. Readily, they accepted the charge, for they were chosen by by the Unnamed. Nearly half of their number, those most able to carry on their god's vision, would remain in the monastery. The other half would return to the foot of the mountain and make their home their. They would continue their lives while seeing to the needs of the monks above and aiding any who wished to seek the guidance of the monks.

The monks themselves would live a life of quiet contemplation and meditation, striving to purge themselves of all thought, to live in a state blissful ignorance. As they came closer to this holy state, they found strange things occurring--or rather, their acolytes did. To the future masters of the order, these acts seemed perfectly natural, as they had already forgotten that they should not be able to do such things and go for weeks without water, walk on air, endure flame and steel without comment, and even live beyond when any mortal should rightfully be dead. When word spread, people would come for miles to train under them, to learn a fraction of these strange techniques. Those that could suffer the monks and resist the temptation to stay would walk away with powers like those of the masters--and potentially change the world.

Sending an offer of alliance to Mimsy, Godhog, and Maen in no particular order. You don't have to like each other, I'm just offering what aid I have in exchange for yours. We'll see where it goes from there.

Starting up the Green Mountain Monastery! The entire populations of Narshe and Garo are inspired to build it and maintain it, with a number of them becoming monks. The monks themselves mostly have abilities revolving around resistance--extreme endurance, resistance to magic, and so on. They can also walk on air/fly. Ignatz is known as the Unnamed to the monks, acolytes and the people at the village at the foot of the mountain (Garo, if it's close enough). However, a select few, the elders of the monastery who have purged themselves of virtually all thought and mastered the arts of the Empty Mind are given the gift of being the only mortals to know their god's true name.

In addition, there will be regular pilgrimages to the monastery, once word gets out of its existence. Even in this medieval-ish world, people need to relax and my monks know how to relax.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Having watched the Dwarves for some time, Platonis found much to admire about these good folk. They had built a strong and ancient technology, with magnificent inventions. Realizing that he has been too focused on Tik Tok and the endeavors there, and with his latest Great Work finished, Platonis decides to give three blessings to the Dwarven people.

His first miracle is a blessing for the faithful. To the most inventive of the Dwarves, the most innovative clockwork engineers, and to the King and the Lords, he gives a beautiful dream. He is pleased by their society. Those who seek out his book and worship faithfully will be given divine inspiration. This time Platonis does not give a plan or a schematic. Instead his power will work on the faithful directly. They will become smarter, more creative, more perfect.

For his second miracle Platonis uses their mercantile and opportunistic instincts to free them from some fear. He instills the idea in the more ambitious merchant houses that new, useful, ideas from foreign lands can be just as important as goods and treasures. They should learn what they can from the outside world, send representatives to the nearby university and Tik Tok Tower perhaps, and then incorporate those ideas to gain an advantage over the more traditionalist houses.

For his third miracle, Platonis gives the Dwarves new tools. Clockwork machines that can automate most of their work using waterwheels or the new steam engines, freeing them up to spend more time inventing and improving their designs! Great drills that will make mining easier and safer! A communication system using simple copper wires, so leaders can keep in constant contact with subordinates!

Platonis encourages his worship in the DwarfHold, and makes worshippers super-smart! He also influences them to go outside and share knowledge with the world and he introduces the idea of automation!

Finished with the Dwarves, for now, Platonis remembers a promise he made to Mimsy. The Lore god was becoming strangely violent and bitter. He could almost see her essence slowly merging with Vulin, their natures overlapping more and more. It worries him, but he already planned his gifts for the Elves. They would not find perfection and invention in dead things. It was not in their nature to admire objects. But he could see, in the subtle re-shaping of their forest homes. In the mixing of sacred herbs, in the tending of great gardens, that the Elves had a different kind of invention. A different kind of perfection.

Platonis reaches deep into the building blocks of the world. With a vision of himself and Mimsy, two gods of knowledge, standing together, he shows the great Elven druids a mighty secret. He shows them how, through their lore and their magic, they can change the building blocks of life, alter the design of Life Itself. This power can only be used by the wisest Loremasters, and it can only be fully understood and mastered with the principals of science. But with it new species can be bred in an instant. Life itself can be refined, improved, and perfected by mere mortals.

Platonis gives the secrets of genetic engineering to the Elves!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Maen - Fairwood

She was known as the singing girl. Nobody really knew her name, including she herself it seemed. She wandered around the town, especially at night, and looked at the moon. Often, she would sing nonsensical songs, but her voice was beautiful. She herself had... some beauty, but it was harder to see, dressed in rags and unkempt as she was. Now and then she was given food by the kindness of others.. For the most part, she was just one of the many mad folks wandering around the former trade city. Just another shattered mind. Appreciation for her song kept her relatively safe from harm for a while.

But in a city of madness, you are never fully safe.

The moon was full, and she was outside, singing a song about blind musicians and deaf painters, not realizing she'd been marked as prey. A roving band of mad cannibals hunted the street, as mad as others, seeing the power of the creatures outside, they sought to emulate them. They weren't particularly strong, but one lone girl, they could handle.

They fell upon her like a roving pack of wolves. She ran, screaming, but they goaded her into a dead end alley. One of them used a stick to hit at her leg, causing her to fall on the ground. With slavering maws and mad laughter, they pushed her to the ground, planning to carve into her flesh with knives, or tear it from her bones with their teeth. The singing girl screamed in terror, calling for help from anyone who'd hear. But in Fairwood, madness ruled, and few would come.

And they did tear flesh off her, putting the warm flesh in their mouths, blood dripping down their chins. But their victim did not die. No, instead, her flesh grew back, not the normal skin, but rather a pale blue. When their victim suddenly started laughing, with a delighed madness, they backed off. Crawling up, her blood, now silver, dripping from her naked body, Maen grinned.

"Hahahah... a little vacation from reason hm? I suppose this mortal shell had to die for me to remember what I truly am." She grinned at the cannibals that attacked her. "Hmm... hunters hm? Hahahaha... very well. Hunters you'll be, crazed, moonmad hunters!" She pointed at them. "You've eaten the flesh of madness and chaos! Now your flesh too shall be full with madness and change within!"

And with those words the madmen started to warp and twist, muscles bulging, faced turning bestial, skin turning into coarse fur. Soon after, the group of cannibals were turned into hulking werewolves. Maen laughed in delight and spoke. "Know this. As you were changed when you ate my flesh, so you can change others by feeding them yours. If you're not too hungry to take their flesh for yourself. And as you seem to delight in the flesh of humans, that shall be your only food. Every time the moon is full as it is now, your hunger for human flesh will overcome whatever shreds of sanity still hold you." She reached to press a hand on the chest of one of them.

As the newly made werewolves rushed into the night Maen left the town she had spent months in. The poet in her appreciated the irony. She who had most railed against limits on gods for the sake of humanity, now had been limited to a human by her own madness.

"But nothing is forever."

She cast aside her flesh, and took to the heavens again, the only thing Fairwood would hear would be a vague delighted laughter.

As she took off she heard the voice of Ignatz. She answered back."I enjoy your work as well. Though know that I am never tied down. Gladly will I work together with you, but for now, let me revel in the joy of divinity!"

]Maen will turn the insane humans in Fairwood into werewolves. They'd have regeneration, great strength, shapeshifting ability between man, wolf and wolfman. Their only sustenance is human flesh however, and on the full moon, they get really hungry. They will also always be mad, even if they weren't before they transformed. Humans that eat the flesh of werewolves, either through free will, force or trickery will also become werewolves. Non-human races are not favored prey, nor can they change into werewolves. They do not have a weakness to silver, but they can be entranced by singing. They are to leave the Oracles along though.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Apr 4, 2014

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Cipher - The peak of Mount Iceshroud, Troll King's Realm

Throughout the northern part of the Troll King's Realm, travelers who lucked into a clear enough day might catch a glimpse of the frozen peak of Mount Iceshroud -- mostly those dizzying heights were lost in the clouds. Today, though, no traveler in his right mind would be outdoors. Today Iceshroud's peak was lashed with howling winds. On such days, the elder trolls said, it was best to stay indoors and count your blessings, since tomorrow there might be fewer of them.

Cipher stood upon the highest peak, gazing down over the jagged mountains of the Realm, the rolling forests of the Elven lands, and down to the wheat-laden plains of the Confederacy. Fairdeal was visible as an impossible knot of green off to the west. Its unnatural outline was slowing beginning to bleed into the surrounding lands; in a decade, perhaps, it might look almost normal.

The goddess's sight flew down to the base of Mount Iceshroud, where a grim camp had been created. Azariah's undead army had raised tents (though they had no need for shelter) and defences (though there was no one foolish enough to attack them). Some habits are hard to break, even in death. Azariah's quest was almost at an end: soon he and Clarity would descend into the depths of the ruined Temple of the Burning Eye, carved down deep into the core of the mountain, where magma kept the air simmering hot. There he would find what he had sought for most of a year: the Blade of Rebellion.

Cipher raised her hand to the sky, and lightning struck the mountain around her, the churning clouds taking form in her hand.

This sword... Azariah would hold it first, but one day he would fall, or succumb to complacency and spend his days warming a throne. The sword would outlast him. She gazed at it, satisfied, and then hurled it down, through the mountain, through stone and fire to the depths of the dungeon below. "Now, Azariah," she said into the wind. "You have traveled far, and the day of which Clarity spoke has come at last. Power awaits you: reach out and take it."

Making the Breaker of Chains, an extremely powerful artifact, which I will give to Azariah as a reward for his successful completion of the quest. Its main purpose and power is in bringing down tyrants and empires; somehow it inspires rebellion, weakens the resolve of loyalists, and encourages slaves to turn against their masters. It's not sentient or anything, but it knows what its job is, and will abandon any owner that doesn't use it properly, seeking a more worthy hand. In other words, it will help Azariah bring down the Troll King, but if he then decides he wants to take the dead king's place and build his own empire, it'll go find somebody else.

I'm also spreading tales and myths about Azzy the Great and His Awesome Sword to various peoples on the continent.

Edit: Mr. Prokosch asked for clarification, so: it's not out to destroy civilization or kill normal, just rulers. It mostly just hates tyrants, slavery, and people who have too much power.

Cipher - Fairdeal

Cipher clapped as Meroth finished speaking to the Merchant Princes. "Yes! A quest! In time, these princes might grow to be worthy of the name. In fact - if they prove to be more than useless coin-scrabblers, then who knows what boons might fall into their hands?"

I'll send a roving Oracle to the Merchant Princes to help them with Meroth's quest, if they choose to take it, and offer them a further deal: if they leave Fairdeal alone, and accept it as a sacred place, then I'll reward them.

Shogeton: I hope you're not messing with my Oracles, dear sister. You can werewolf-ify the random crazy humans, I'm all in favor of that, but if you're trying to convert my awesome god-speaking prophet guys we've got a problem.

megane fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 4, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter

Stirrings in the embattled southeast and the smell of rot in the southwest rouse the weary god. Death comes on leathery wings, swift and silent, just as an opportunity presents itself. Direct opposition served him poorly in the previous year, so perhaps a countermove would be more wise.

Below, Mystery speaks a sword. He hears the words and adds his own to his sister's delicate poetry. While hers is a stanza of high speech, complex rhythms and artful metaphor, his is a rhyme, direct and unsubtle. His words are flame, woven in between the layers of the metal. And thus, as one god speaks steel, the other speaks fire, and they sing a blade into being unlike any this world has ever seen.

Making it so that Cipher's cool sword, the Breaker of Chains, is a fire sword! A fire that liberates, a fire that severs bonds, a fire that consumes! :D

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Gohdog - Various Towns, Confederacy of Merchant Princes

Gohdog snorts, looking over the confederacy and its people. The action on the part of the lumberjacks spoke loud about the condition of the people in this place. Though there were many that were fabulously rich, there were so many more that lived as sacrifices to those means. These mortals were being slaughtered by God and Mortal alike, though the majority of those so suffering were not responsible for the decisions made in their lives.

With Gohdog's might the chains of gold and silver set upon them with lash and sword would not hold. Whispers of the lumber camp's destruction began simmering into full blown resistance against the upper echelons of the Confederacy, with workers refusing to work, farmers refusing to hand over taxes, and even the lower enlisted soldiers refusing orders from their more-noble superiors.

The oppressed, miserable majority would no longer exist as a stepladder for the minority.

Inspiring a peaceful socialist uprising in the Confederacy in the lower class. No one is willing to die for the sake of the Prince's coin purses, nor do they wish to fight with the Elves for the stolen lands. They will live as happy folk, taking care of one another and their neighbors as best they can. They will not be fettered by the force of coin, refusing to recognize its value any longer!

Gohdog - The Stolen Lands

The pig's guise wobbles through the contested forestland, picking targets here and there. The ents were obviously ancient and well tied to this place, and were allies of the elves and nature itself, though they were something that Gohdog could also appreciate.

There were several minor, less known ents that Gohdog moved to assist in their fertility, while at the same time prompting them to be more friendly with outsiders.

I am going to be making two specific types of ents less leery of non-tree outsiders and more virile! Say hello, world, to the Fruit Ents, who ferment their own fruit in their mouths for years and years while nurturing natural orchards of various kinds, and the Marijuana Ent, who since ancient times has been growing the dankest of weeds. These treebros will always be willing to share their brews and will never forget to puff puff pass.

Gohdog - Bakhan and Drune

Pundits and heroes continued to make a mess of things in the two nations, though they were clearly left as rogue agents to simply run amok or be swayed to whichever side they needed. Gohdog would not deny them their roles, but he would certainly enlist them.

By chance drinking heroes would find themselves alongside equally drunken loud-mouthed rabble rousers. Men who were unafraid to pinch a nerve, nor would they shut their mouths to logic or argumentation. These men needed protection to run their mouths, and no where else would more trouble be found that around these individuals.

So bands of heroes began working around their counterparts, using them like magnets for trouble while they said what they desired to say, though with slight nudges here and there their message, though still illogical and filled to the brim with lies, became one entirely radical-

"The gods are alive, and some of them want us dead! Drunites, Bakhanians, Drukhanese? They don't care, and we shouldn't either! If we don't band together as one people to live against those gods, then we won't make it through!"

Meanwhile...

Doves flood into the chambers of the kings of Bakhan and Drune, coming through whatever open windows that they can. The annoying pests manage to poo poo white just about everywhere, before departing. Soon after, they receive messages of delegates from Drukhan, who urge them to attend peace talks within the neutral borders of the rebellious nation. They awaited a message from the gods, and have received such...

Doing a mishmashed pile of actions as one big move in the Drune/Bakhan/Drukhan trifecta- Begin peace talks at all levels, and see where they go from there.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 4, 2014

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis - Various Towns, Confederacy of Merchant Princes

Platonis looks at the peaceful revolt. This was ok, but these people needed direction. "Taking care of each other" is a good idea in principal, but an idea without execution is nothing. He reaches down, speaking to them through his Books. He will inspire the people to demand a system of laws closer to the divine will of the Gods, as outlined in The Holy Book. A system of laws that expresses their vision of the world. A system of laws that applies to everyone equally and guarantees a right to education, representation, and self-actualization, without any care for money or influence. The law would be fair, strong, and absolute, backed by divine mandate.

Giving the Hippies some lawful demands instead of just peaceful anarchy.

Thinking on this matter, Platonis decides to view Beld again. The King of Beld has skirted close to tyranny before. How closely is he adhering to the divine guidance of Platonis?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Portents and Musings
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/v/yZWabd82eTQ?start=71&end=130&autoplay=1

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind."
- H. P. Lovecraft, another dreamer from another world.

Meroth & Cipher - The Merchant Princes Venture, The Mountain of Old Man Red

The contingent and its Oracle left behind a general to take care of the "Fairdeal Problem" this opportunity was too big to pass up. No one knew what lay on their course for the mountain but they took their fastest ship, powered by design, science, slaves, and magic. They made it in weeks to the far shores. With gifts of gold and jewels did they come. And marched upon the mountain. Guides and fierce locals told them to turn back, for no one in memory had breached the cave of the old man. No one knew what terror lay inside but all knew the legends. None had returned. What slumbered there had best be left alone. But the princes took no heed, for the word of a god had sent them along with their greed.

They came upon a darkened corner near the very top of the mountain. Within they could see nothing but brought magical means for a descent. Their wagons converted into platforms and so too did they bring their gifts. Deep. Down deep. They saw and heard nothing. For days they descended, without light. Without hope. Did the destroyer send them on a fool's errand? When all was despair they saw a glint in the dark. Then all at once did they see. Skeletons in their multitudes. They had found death.

Coins, golden objects, jewels that anything they had seen all to shame glittered in the walls of the cavern. Increasing with the number of skeletal bodies the riches increased and increased. More wealth than anything conceivable in the history of the world. Gold and mineral veins sparkled with diamonds and other gems in amongst the treasure, riches among measure. How was all this amassed? Perhaps wealth was once tossed in here as an offering?

Soon they reached the bottom. They didn't touch anything. They at first babbled about what they saw but soon fell silent. As silent as the tomb they now were in. That's when they heard it. Thump Thump. Thump Thump. The sound of the beat of something ancient, something...primordial. The face was buried under mountains of treasure. One huge eye opened...

"I've not had a meal delivered unto me in such a long time. But what kind of host would I be if I did not entertain my guests before I dine? I see you have brought gifts to me. They are not quite unworthy. Tell me. What manner of creatures are you? What has happened to the elves? Why do they not pay me tribute? Do they seek to raise my ire with this insult?!"
WORDS: https://www.youtube.com/v/Or8G_jDcLNo?start=3&autoplay=1

With the whispering help of the Oracle of Cipher, The Ruling Council of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes made the pitch of a lifetime. They knew all the right words to say, secrets even. The elves were not what they once were. They too insulted progress and the extraction of treasures from the world. Time and again the forces of fate conspired to help the elves setback true supplication to the sleeping Dragon. Next time, the tribute would be greater they said if only they could make those elves and the Elves and Madmen of fairdeal pay somehow. Oh? The Elemental Force of Fire, The Sheer Force of Destruction, Death itself, RED the Crimson curse of the world wouldn't mind teaching them a lesson? They all bowed at the majesty of the great beast's wisdom and might.

Soon, almost instantly they were transported sans treasure to the foot of the mountain, minus their gifts and carts and footmen, servants, slaves, cattle, clothes, and jewelery.

While embarassing, the Council made a mental note to try and get the mages in their employ to try and copy the spell.

• Red, Primordial Dragon of Fire: 10 Life / 10 Attack / 10 Influence has been awakened.
    • One of the original pretenders, he is uncontrollable by gods.
    • He can be bargained with, he can be reasoned with and he is not as great as you.
    • He knows this. The mortals told him all about you. There was even a book written about some of you in the gifts.
    • Perhaps he will be a tool for some crafty god.
    • Killing him will unleash a field of "false" power, its range and effects only to be found out through
    • experimentation. Most likely the effect will be big, whatever it is.
    • Breaking your bargain with this being will make it less likely to do anything to benefit you and work with your enemies more likely even if it goes counter to their own interest.
      • Currently working with: The Confederacy of Merchant Princes (Mortal Agency)
pre:
Quests    has been    Advanced
Mysteries has been    Advanced
Then Nothing yet. The dragon hasn't gone anywhere.
Amrom - CravOs' Tower, Journey To the West
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbqDPQqzCY

Amrom stood within the sanctum of the Dark Lord. The energies resonating with his own. Necromantic, fierce, the winds of change flowed through the room. The presence of a god demanded attention. The slumbering mind of the being imprisoned long ago through the acts of a mongrel manthing named Cravos. The tower was a ward. Built of pain and suffering. Sacrifice and evil concentrated to drive the intelligence known as The Dark Lord into deep dreams of sweet darkness. Those dreams were disturbed by the god almost immediately.

The waking mind probed at Amrom seeking weakness. It found none. "True? Its true? Like us but not like us?" It thought. It knew that the god was more than a match for it. It asked Amrom's mind: <It would protect its being? Let it do what needed to be done? Fire and Industry. Death. Twist. Reanimate. Sorcery&Magic. Rule.>

<Acceptable>

The mind reached out into its lands. Into Morag Mar, beyond into the wilds. It called the broken and twisted things that lurked beyond death and existed now only as stories to come to its tower. Grey bloodlusting Orcs, Feral Goblins, and Mad Gremlins. Their gentler counterparts it left alone. It sensed a god over them.(Mimsy) It could only find the bones of the Giants and found its control contested over the Trolls. <We can reanimate few Giants if thou wishes, a being as great as us controls the trolls.>

<Men, Dwarves, and Elves must be bargained with. Beastmen will come when the hordes amass.
If you wish it I will make it so. You will rule this world and I will be your steward.

You are the key. I am the gate. The world will exist as you envision it.>

• The Dark Lord, Primordial Scion of Darkness: 15 Life / 0 Attack / 15 Influence has been awakened.
    • One of the original pretenders, he is uncontrollable by gods.
    • He can be bargained with, he can be reasoned with and he is not as great as you.
    • He knows this. The has beheld one of you.
    • Perhaps he will be a tool for some crafty god.
    • Killing him will unleash a field of "false" power, its range and effects only to be found out through experimentation. Most likely the effect will be big, whatever it is.
    • Breaking your bargain with this being will make it less likely to do anything to benefit you and work with your enemies more likely even if it goes counter to their own interest.
      • Currently working with: Amrom (Divine God)

pre:
Nothing yet. He is waiting to hear from you.
Mimsy & Gohdog- Elfstravagansa/Elfstock+Mutation Central

Druids, rangers, wild mages, storm mages, all came to participate in this festival for the elves. Many were elf-friends and knew how to party with the best of them. They sang, danced, and partook of elven wine and elven women. It was a cheery lot that participated in the ritual, to become closer to being elven was to come close to Mimsy, which was synonymous with nature. They would do it. So the humans became half-elven, bolstering the ranks of the half-breed population. At least now(among elves) they would be treated with respect and not called bastards anymore.

The party was just getting started and kicked into high swing once the Tree-Bros arrived. Pollinating and fermenting all over the place, these burnin bushes brought best buds barely in time. Some were fermented kegs of pure intoxication and half-elves and elf alike did keg stands all night. Those that were more tree like burned with a holy fire, smoking it up and passing the good times along to any within breathing distance. Soon everyone had a clipping or seed from these might partying trees, it wouldn't be long before they spread to the corners of the world, just coming out from the woods to chill with some hunters, or be bros with some local mayor and his town before a different festival day.

The population of a large town converts. There are now less human sympathizers of the forest than there used to be. But now they are more elvish! The annual festival may not hold magical species-bending magic, but it would still be fun.

Tree Ents that either ferment intoxicating drug fruits or smoldering tree ents will soon spread out due to seeds and clippings being planted by traveling elves and half-elves. Druids get in on this as well. No woodsman would harm one of these Ents as they aren't violent to them.

pre:
Cheer	        has been	Advanced
Elves	        has been	Advanced big-time
Fertility	has been	Advanced
Fire            has been        Advanced
Gluttony	has been	Advanced
Hospitality	has been	Advanced
Inebriation	has been	Advanced
Love	        has been	Advanced
Mutation        has been        Tapped(Mimsy)
Perfection	has been	Advanced
Mimsy - Fort Eldra, Confederacy of Merchant Princes

The night watchman sat waiting for his shift to be over. The elves haven't attacked in centuries. It was a lazy dead post. He would soon be dead right. The undead ghosts of the slain elven defenders of the past rose up and killed the slumbering and few wakeful men on the night shift. From the woods a massive elven force moved out and into the waiting fortress. Fort Eldra was now in the possession of the elves. It would take time for the general in charge of the Confederate forces to hear word of his loss of one of the more major military positions along the border.

The fort occupants are killed, the wraiths go back to eternal rest. The elves move in an army. 3 Life \ 3 Attack. They occupy the fortress.

pre:
Empire          has been        Made Optional: Does Mimsy want it?
Undeath	        has been	Advanced
Ignatz - Green Mountain Monastery, Valk
:smugwizard:(Do not forget the nation again, or you will suffer a penalty)

The monestary is built using knowledge, education, and skill. How ironic. A very very small amount of pilgrims survive the almost brutal process to become "de-enlightened" forgetting many things in the process. It is said that the Abbot of the order was once the smartest man in the world. He has forgotten how to eat, bathe, or clothe himself properly. Lower aspirants to the Order of Ignorance clean, feed, and bathe him only hoping to one day learn the depth of the ignorance he has attained. The middle level monks use a combination of lies and aversion therapy to bring about blessed ignorance. Truly it is bliss. Visitors can experience true relaxation of the empty mind.

Some could fly, others not age a day, and other abilities. They were not supermen they were "stupor"men.

You get most of what you want for what you spent. Not all monks have all powers, only the abbot has the supreme ignorance. The top level monks know one or two abilities and your name, the mid tier ones can ignore most things like pain and physical limits, lower level initiates try to forget or train to become grandly...blank.

pre:
Education	has been	Setback
Ignorance	has been	Advanced
Lies	        has been	Advanced
Lore	        has been	Setback
Mysteries	has been	Advanced
Perfection	has been	Advanced? Yeah probably.
Platonis - Dwarfhold

Savants, geniuses, brilliance. Overnight the leadership and many dwarves who said a prayer or two to Platonis were found to have new thoughts and ideas they never thought before. Some ideas would come to fruition, and others fail spectacularly. The dwarves suddenly found themselves in a paradigm shift. New found openness to the outside world and exploration as well as these new ideas would soon start a dwarven renaissance. Fire would be needed to stoke the furnaces of industry, and materials, raw materials from nature. The demand for surface goods would increase.

Ideas abound, exploration abounds. They will become a titan of invention and industry soon. Inventors are making protypes, engineers are working on ways to automate, and idea men are exploring and looking for ideas outside of Dwarfhold.

pre:
Dwarves         has been        Tapped(Platonis)
Education	has been	Advanced
Gluttony	has been	Advanced
Industry	has been	Advanced
Inebriation	has been	Advanced
Nature	        has been	Setback
Prosperity	has been	Advanced
Platonis - Specialized Elves (Loremasters), Druids

The knowledge of Platonis was carefully guarded, for with it they would repeat the mistakes of the Dark Lord. Only through careful application could one avoid making monsters and worse. They could strengthen nature, and help repair some of the damage mankind wreaked upon the world. Careful study and long term practice on minor creatures and beings would work towards this goal. If a random Orc or Forest Deer had to be sacrificed for the good of all, so be it.

Loremasters are highly specialized druids and elves who can remake life itself.

pre:
Chaos	        has been	Setback
Education	has been	Advanced
Fertility	has been	Advanced
Genetics        has been        Tapped (Plationis)
Ignorance	has been	Setback
Mysteries	has been	Setback
Maen - Fairdeal/Wood, Confederacy of Merchant Princes
(If you're making the town its own nation do it, if not you're breaking the cardinal rule of not putting what land this is taking place in.)

The elves and seers left the area for the moon goddess was going to do one of her more nastier workings. The crazed people were soon cursed. Permanently. The werewolves soon began to spread out in search of territory. The world would have to endure another darkness in an age about to be filled with it.

Werewolves: They have regeneration, great strength, shapeshifting ability between man, wolf and wolfman. Their only sustenance is human flesh.
On the full moon, they get really hungry.
They will also always be mad, even if they weren't before they transformed.
Humans that eat the flesh of werewolves, either through free will, force or trickery will also become werewolves.
Non-human races are not favored prey, nor can they change into werewolves.
They do not have a weakness to silver, but they can be entranced by singing.
They leave the Oracles alone.

The Oracles have moved out of Fairdeal. Its too crowded and anyone who comes to visit is mauled. The elves take their leave too, for it is too wild a place now.

pre:
Chaos	        has been	Advanced
Curses          has been        Tapped(Maen)
Hospitality	has been	Setback
Madness	        has been	Advanced
Moon	        has been	Advanced
Travel	        has been	Setback
Gohdog - Drune, Bakhan, Drukhan
Armistice, Peace

Leaders of the two entrenched nations and the newly minted nation of Drukhan declare an armistice after peaceful marches happen in all of their cities, agents of peace work shady deals in backrooms, and a peace agency forms with three headquarters one located in the capital of each country. Eventually an agreement was formed that everyone could live with...if the fragile peace wasn't threatened.

PEACE! After centuries of violence and hate! WHAT!

pre:
Chaos	        has been	Setback
Cheer	        has been	Advanced
Hatred	        has been	Setback
Hospitality	has been	Advanced
Love	        has been	Advanced
Revenge	        has been	Setback
Terror	        has been	Setback
Gohdog & Platonis - "Civil War", The Confederacy of Merchant Princes

The southern holdings of the Confederacy suddenly and completely ousted the current regime and declared themselves a worker's paradise. Interestingly enough those at the bottom of the merchant ruling class suddenly found themselves on top, toeing a new party line. If workers kept them in power, then that's who they'd say they supported. Same yolk, some better treatment and similar masters. But they all wanted peace. Unfortunately, the general in charge of the north completely lost all composure and organized 6 armies to bring some of the territories back into compliance. So with the upheaval would come war. No matter how peaceful the takeover and the birth of the new nation, the Confederacy would tolerate no more losses.

Well you got what you wanted and kind of not what you wanted. Unfortunately you have an idiot left in charge. Whereas the Princes would have somehow renegotiated and tricked their towns back somehow, this guy might just burn the whole place down while they're gone. The worker's grievances are legit but the guy listening wants no part of it. The takeover was lawful though!

Strange kind of advancement follows:

pre:

Cipher & Ignatz - The Legend of the Azariah the Usurper
Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAY85PSb7Sg

The blade was all that mattered. Azariah drew it, his eyes slitted against the bright flames. He could feel its power. His brigade of Elite Wraiths moaned and howled along with the beating of his heart, the rustling of the wind and the crackle of the flame. Now the Troll Father could not stand against him. Azariah would use the sword and convince thousands to join him in his crusade a crusade started when...funny, he couldn't exactly remember. But his work was holy. He was in the right. He knew it and so did his people.

The legend of the Usurper soon grew and spread to other lands as far as the distant seas. Everyone knew a version of the tale, but all held the same inevitable ending. Conflict.

Breaker of Chains was a holy weapon. Bathed in fire and power incarnate. The sword gives its wielder 2 Life / 1 Attack / 10 Influence. Its holder is currently Azariah. The tale has spread dar and wide!

pre:
Prophecy	has been	Advanced

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 5, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Troll Father’s Realm: Troll Father

A voice appeared before the court of the Troll Father.

“True gods have come, for good or more likely ill. I know not the ancient grievances between Elf and Troll but I do know that some of my fellow divines aim to end you. I am Mimsy, of Nature Elves and Lore. I would rather you live, Troll Father, and be let be. Were it so easy.”

Welp, Attempting to bro a “pretender” via light Influence. Allowing a two-way information share with it.

Mimsy - The Mountain of Old Man Red - Outside

Free of innocents, lost though they might be, the top tier of Merchant Princes sat exposed on the side of a mountain. The root of a tree above pushed a single stone out of place, causing a cascade of earth to fall directly on top of them. Those not crushed in the initial impact soon suffocated.

Attacking these motherfuckers while it’s an easy shot with slight collateral damage.

Mimsy - The Mountain of Old Man Red - Inside

Within the mountains a voice echoes. “You are welcome to keep their gifts, but the givers are now dead.”

Letting my presence be known the the Dragon, rather cool diplomatic tone.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Meroth - Platonis' Academy, Beld

Demcos was sitting in his chair, hunched over a book he was studying. Even though he was tired something spurned him on to keep reading deep into the night. As the lines of text started to blur together he heard a voice. “Brave Demcos. Poor Demcos.” He looked around his room, but nobody was there, but as he turned back to his book the writing was replaced by a gaunt face, smiling sinisterly at him.

“You witnessed the destruction at Omette, horrified by it, yet your were unable to act.”, the voice whispered. “But rejoice, for the gods have heard your prayers. You will be granted the means for your revenge.” From the book a cloud of black smoke shot forward and completely engulfed Demcos, empowering him to take his vengeance on the people in Omette.

Using Influence to turn Demcos into the incredible Hulk.

Meroth - Old Man Red's Mountain, Defae

Meroth watched the developments in the Confederacy with curiosity. Not only were they beset by the elves, now they were even on the brink of a full civil war. The destruction of the Confederacy was proceeding faster than Meroth anticipated. The involvement of the primordial dragon Red now would prove to be interesting. It was in his own best interest to bring the dragon on his side.

Meroth projected his voice directly to the ancient beast. “Red, primordial dragon of fire, you are truly the mightiest of your kind. The world of the mortals will tremble in fear with your return. I am Meroth, lord of destruction, and I am the one who has send the humans with their gifts to you.” Meroth paused for a few seconds before continuing. “The elves are aided by another god, Mimsy, and work tirelessly to rebuild their empire. Do what comes natural to you in this case. Beyond that I promise you that I can restore you to your rightful place within this world, if you obey me.”

Offering Red to work for me

Meroth - Freak Forest, Empire of Marek

Next Meroth turned his attention to the Empire of Marek. Their ruler came into power after fighting monsters in the Freak Forest. He should be reminded of his roots, Meroth thought. With a sweeping motion of hands a thick fog spread over the Freak Forest, agitating the beasts and monsters living within. Soon they would be driven out of the forest and into the civilized regions of the empire.

Using influence to drive some of the monsters in Freak Forest out and have them terrorize the nearby population.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Red+Mimsy+Meroth - Mindscape

Inside Red's mind is an orderly place. You both can hear counting. You feel the other god's presence but oddly Red has you both on separate channels and nothing you can do will let you leak through. Impressive. You see treasure and gems neatly categorized along with coins of differing values and currencies. There is a massive set of scales, one green and one red.

Currently the red one is weighed towards Red.

To Mimsy: < *Soft Laughter*. They would have gone sour in any case by the time I got to them. What's your stake in this little drama? My first contact with the real thing, and you're as vicious as I. You don't seem that goody-good. What would you offer in exchange for my loyalty? I know I cannot best any one of you. So should I listen to you or the Destroyer who's also wooing me with a quite tempting offer? >

To Meroth: < Funny you mention it. I have the other god in my head you're speaking about. Besides taking on all the risk, how would you prevent my demise at the hands of your sisters and brothers? Do they fear you, can you destroy them? What exactly are you offering? >

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, The Answer, The Dark Lord

Allies and more Allies.
It looks to be an excellent year.
It is not over yet.

Amrom nods, thanking the Elder Being. "We will adhere to our bargain. Sorcery, Industry, and Undeath, this is our triad. Spread it well, and we will protect and assist you." They look westwards, and consider his comments carefully. "The trolls are outside of our control for now, but a mighty challenger rises, gifted with the armies of the dead, knowledge of the afterlife, and a blade that might even slay a God one day. Reanimating the Giants could prove to be a good idea. We would find this especially favorable if you could spread and recover arcane knowledge in doing it." The skulls give what passes for a smile. "Of course, he is with us. You need not fear him. One day, we hope unite this Island and its sister to the east under favorable rule." They ponder the issue for a few moments, then decide to direct him to what appears to be the weakest of the surrounding areas. "If you would like to expand your domain, it appears from our vantage that West Norn might be the most optimal area to begin expanding your sorcerous and industrial base once this tower and the adjacent mountain are to your liking. We suspect you or your armies could readily assimilate, reanimate, or convert the military presence there as it pleases you."

As Amrom begins to fade, another question is asked of the Dark Lord. "There is a Red Dragon to the south, recently awakened. Since you are an elder being, we thought you might know of him, and he knows of Amrom, so we thought he might be a valuable ally. Do you have any suggestions for dealing with him?"

Very happy with this guy.
1. Suggesting the reanimation of the giants as something that would be great, especially if he can teach them necromancy or recover lost sorceries from them.
2. Suggesting he build up an industrial base around his Tower, and taking over portions of West Norn as needed.
3. Asking about Old Man Red.
4. Letting him know we'll provide help if he needs it.

Amrom, The Answer, Old Man Red

Amrom wastes no time in addressing the Dragon. Too late, and it could end up working for one of his opponents. With its fire, even the irrational Ignatz might seek it out. "Dragon, we know you have heard of Amrom. We see the book in your possession. We seek agreement, by which you may be endowed with massive wealth." The lich-bodies pause, gauging his reaction, and continue. "If you were to spread death, teach the world the power of dark magics, and force the humans in your area organize their production, we would see the possibility of allegiance with you. This may not seem to be what you prefer, but consider that the mortals of this land are fairly pathetic in their ability to produce wealth and provide you with your rightful tribute as a powerful and ancient being due to their ignorance of magic and production. We feel you would be much happier if they were re-educated and re-organized in a form akin to our mutual liking."

The Lich-beings curiously hear and echo, and continue. "We ask not your obedience. You are old and powerful, and deserve respect. We merely offer a suggestion for how we might work together to encourage these humans to obey you, and, let it be known, we are a powerful ally."

Amrom fades away. "Answer whenever you please, We are everywhere. Oh, and what would you like us to call you? It is our suspicion that Old Man Red is a moniker of ignorant humans, not the sort of thing that should be used between equals."

1. Suggesting the Dragon go full-on Dragongame and begin magical rulership over the humans while extracting tribute and potentially dealing death to some resisters.
2. Asking him his name to be polite.
3. Looking for hints of anything else that might interest him.

Amrom, The Answer, Azariah

The dogs are away.
They thought one portion of the triad was sufficient.
We will show how difficult it is for one to light their candle without Amrom!

Amrom appears in a dream to the Prophet Azariah The Great. "Azariah, The Troll King is mighty indeed. We now have an understanding of his true power. He can be defeated, but not immediately." They send him visions of the Northern portion of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes. "Azariah, cunning tricks have caused the rulers of this industrialized nation to depart their castle, their seat of government. Their capital city is full of the insane, and a general is engaged in mass slaughter there now. There is no better time for you to begin to take your own dominion, so that you might become powerful enough to challenge the Troll King."

"Thus far, your studies of industry have been neglected, and so you lack the numbers and raw power to defeat the Troll King. By establishing an industrial base, you will be able to create the mightiest of armies, and ultimately be able to defeat any opposition. You must strike at the seat of Government in the castle, convert the countryside, and begin to produce our ultimate beings, The Dreadnoughts."

Amrom shows Azariah a God's-Eye view of the continent, indicating Sersan, Yune, Vaten, and two small settlements. "These will begin your domain. The castle will be yours to furnish and populate as you see fit. When you have expanded sufficiently to defeat the Troll King, we will alert you, and then you will show him that those who reject Undeath cannot avoid the final death."

1. While the Merchant Princes are stranded in the West, Azariah will destroy the remaining opposition within the Castle immediately north of Fairdeal and raise them as an addition to his personal guard.

2. Valen, Yune, Sersan, and the two smaller areas will 'piggy'back on Gohdog's action that converted the area to socialism. They will pioneer a new form of social organization where Necromancers defend and protect the population in both life and undeath, and everyone is encouraged to pursue a sorcery or engineering education to ascertain how to best serve the Undead State.

3. In the aformentioned cities, establish production facilities for the Dreadnoughts. Dreadnoughts are hulking metal beings powered by magic and containing the souls of the deceased. They are sentient, can learn magic, and are effective for both industrial production and, should the need arise, war.

======================
IAC Note: Let me know about the Forests of Shade, especially what kind of beings can be found there and how they are organized.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 5, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter - Valk

Looking upon His works, He allows Himself a smile.

His disciples contemplate his words while their acolytes attend them and pilgrims seeking peace. Elsewhere, a questing blade has been forged, a light against the growing dark.

Yet there was more that could be done. This curious herb of Gohdog's, he mused, it could be useful. A seed is all I need. And across the great distance, through stars and sky and clouds and earth, he reaches to grasp a precious seed from this fresh race of Ent for him to craft anew. Into the seed he breathes fire and smoke and words that would calm the thoughts. The seed lands on the slopes of the Green Mountain and it grows, it flourishes, it blooms into a mind free of complexities, innocent as any on the mortal plane can be. The Kushent draws its first breath--and its branches burst into flame. Thick, intoxicating smoke billows forth, and the ent uproots itself, spreading seeds and good vibes all over the mountainside.

Creating a new variant of ent, the Kushent. Composed of Gohdog's strange herb, they have a fire that burns but does not consume--but they're totally okay with it. The smoke is quite intoxicating.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Cipher - Narne, East Norn

Captain Marris unrolled a newly printed map of the continent before the assembled nobles. The new-fangled printing engine, strange as it was, was certainly useful; only a few years ago it would've taken a cartographer weeks to scratch out such a map. This had taken a few days to carve and mere minutes to print.

As the nobles clucked and whispered to each other, the Captain jabbed a gloved finger at the mountain in the south. Everyone could see the image printed there: a great dragon, its wings unfurled and its mouth billowing flame. "From the south, we hear tales of dragons." He slid his finger across the parchment, to where Cravos' Tower was drawn in shadowy black. "And the Dark Lord, curse his name" -- nervous whispers flew -- "has apparently risen once more to plague us." With a wave, he indicated the rest of the continent, choked with dark forests, ruins, and uncharted voids marked only here dwell monsters.

"These threats... are beyond our military. Armies are for fighting rebels and ambitious lordlings, but a bloody dragon? Even my little daughter knows a beast like that'd turn my entire militia to char in an instant."

The mayor spoke up. "Then what would you have us do, Captain? You clearly have a plan, and as usual I suspect it involves little work from you and plenty of money from us."

"A plan? Indeed I do." Thrusting his dagger into the paper dragon, he pointed to Narne. "The people have heard these tales. They know dragons mean fire and death... but they've also heard of the dragon's hoard. Ancient necromancers might eat your soul, but who's to say how much filthy lucre they might've taken to their unhallowed graves? The taverns are full of freelancers and rogues, fat from stealing the purses off our good townspeople, and they're turning their greedy little eyes toward that treasure. Let me organize them, equip them, teach them how not to die to the first hobgoblin they encounter. You're right: I do need your money, at least to begin with. But if this works, you'll be repaid a dozen times over, both in ill-gotten coin and in security." He retrieved the dagger. "They hunger for glory and death. They are welcome to the glory, say I, so long as it's them that do the dying."

I'll get stories of the Dragon and Dark Lord circulating around East Norn, so they at least know what they're up against. Then I'll create an Adventurer's Guild in Narne. Anyone's willing to join, as long as they pay in a share of their loot and follow the guild's laws; the guild helps train them, equip them, and inform them of quests and places in which they might find Heroic Feats that need doing and Terrible Beasts that need slaying. I guess part of my influence will go towards encouraging people to take up the glamorous adventuring lifestyle -- stories of great heroes of the past, rumors about piles of gold, etc.

megane fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 5, 2014

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis looks at the work of Ignatz - Valk

"A monastery? And now a new breed of Ents? These sublime acts of creation should be praised! Why is the mad god... Oh. The smoke makes you stupid. It will pollute the air, and the Ents can't stop it. They will trounce around the country, making everyone more complacent. Less perfect. I believe there could be more beneficial uses for this idea...

Blocking (and perhaps twisting) Ignatz' attempt to pollute the air with stupidity drugs!

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 5, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The Dark Lord - The Tower of Cravos, The Darklord's Domain
(I need the places put in here. Right now things are put together, but later when tons of things are happening it will suck for updates)

Amrom asked: "Do you have any suggestions for dealing with him?"

The Dark Lord thought about it for a while. < He is old. Far older than I. Or at least has the most wakefulness in the history of this ancient world. Promise him what you've promised me. Shield him from your siblings if needed. Give him autonomy and promise him his own territory and treasures. His tools differ from mine though, so don't expect everything he gives you to be the same. > The shade-looking being shrugs. < We did not always get along when all of us were awake. Sometimes we worked against one another and others as allies. Just like you and yours...>

Red - The Mindscape

To Amrom: <"I have one offer already from the Destroyer similar to your own. What more can be offered or gifted to me? I am a dragon of simple tastes. I'm not sure I can teach necromancy to others, however I do possess a natural affinity for destructive magic.">

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, The Answer, Mindscape

He's clever.
He's not as similar to us as the Dark Lord.
We have something for his kind, though.

To Red: "Did you hear the words of the destroyer? He demands your obedience and would have you be a simple instrument of his will. My proposition is that we assist you in making the land of Defae your own territory and allow you to extract the wealth from it for your personal stores, possibly expanding to more territory on this continent or another portion of the world if you so desire." Amrom pauses, continuing. "Perhaps it is not your way to teach Necromancy. Teaching Destructive magics could provide you with powerful servitors as well, and we could consider granting you the power to revive those you slay, even if you are not interested in teaching it. There are many possibilities, but these are only the beginning."

"Most importantly, we offer you protection. The Dark Lord who rises to your North is already our ally, and we ourselves are powerful. The Destroyer will seek to have you aimlessly kill as many as possible and begin wars pointlessly, but we aim to help you build something bigger than that instead of treating you like a mindless weapon."

"And, should you desire it, we can offer eternal life so that you might fear no Dragonslayer. What is dead or sleeping, we may simply return to the world again. Sense the Dark Lord's awakening, as he is proof of this."

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Old things, best left forgotten, are being revived. Platonis sighs to himself. They are of the old world, while we are building the new. Still, it is best to start from a good place and improve, then to waste effort by starting completely from scratch. It would be best to catalog these creatures and get it over with now, to prevent future unfortunate surprises.

Platonis scans mysterious places for signs of being with great power. If he can't just scan the universe, he checks The Mysterious ??? Ruins, the Eye of Rhynne, Kwill's Hand "secret" and the Beast Realm

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Red - Mindscape

To Amrom: <"I shall keep your offer in mind. I will let you know what develops.">

Mr. Prokosch/Platonis: There seems to be signatures like pretenders located inside Mount Green, Within the unknown ruins (the ??? ruins), and deep under the tempest that is the Hand of Kwill. The Troll Father to the east also seems strong enough to be considered such but seems very recent in age compared to the rest.

Red from Old Man Red's Mountain and The Dark Lord are blips on your radar. You can also see concentrations of power near the Conclave of the Magi, the Tower of M.A.G.O.S, and Azariah's newfound power. Elsewhere there are lower pulses or concentrations of energy but that's mostly mystical and magical. If you were looking for a powerhorse in science and industry you would look no further than Tik Tok Tower, Dwarfhold and the remnants of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Meroth - Mindscape, speaking to Red

“Amrom is right, I do demand your obedience, but, unlike them, I am not trying to deceive you. They claim to not just treat you like a mindless weapon, but do you truly believe that a god like them will protect you out of the pureness of their hearts? They already have a powerful servant in the Dark Lord. If you would ever come to odds with it, do you think they will stand at your side?”

“The triad does not see the clarity of purpose that you embody, the fire that burns deep within your soul. They want you to become one of their mindless undead servants. They seek to extinguish the fires of your being.”

“Choose me as your liege and I will merely ask you to spread destruction and terror. Do so and I will protect you from the other gods."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscape, Speaking to Red

“I don’t presume to know what others can offer. I am aware of some ancient covenant between the Elves and yourself, that could be negotiated again as they begin their rise.” Mimsy pondered for a while. “I don’t care if you join with me or another, honestly, so long as you do not cross me. You might even be able to kill the weakest among us, or at least provide enough inconvenience for others to finish off. My advice? Remain a free and independent agent, playing the gods against each other. Our folly could be your gain.”

Mimsy severed the link, and watched the Northern Confederacy being overrun by the undead and their ilk. The South required better leadership.

Mimsy - Southern Confederacy of Merchant Princes

Mimsy hovered over the territory, looking at the human towns and villages being their errors anew. To slaughter them would be a waste. They might not be worthy of the gift Mimsy intended to bestow, but it would spare them from the sword, or the pox, or the horrors bestowed on the peoples of Fairdeal.

Mimsy appeared in dream to every man, woman, and child. The long history of the Elves was told unto them, the ways of the forest and how the humans kept expanding and cutting into Elven territory. Elven Culture, custom, lore, and law was implanted into their minds. When they awoke, they took their first uncertain steps out into the world. Mimsy had made them greater than they were before. Mimsy made them into Elves. Soon they would choose Elders to join the Great Elven Council. The forest would be reclaimed. The Elven Empire had begun.

I’m just turning everyone in the Southern Confederacy into Elves. Influence action

• Locked thread