Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

JaggerMcDagger posted:

2014: Year of the loving indifferent SKELETON

No Coast Guard or National Guard, the true heroes of the USA. A Bad Cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

This is distressingly lucid and clear for a Muir cartoon. Minimal attempts to be witty and no dogwhistles, just straight-up "Do what we say or we'll torture you to death"

Also the Inquisition is chump change compared to pre-Christian Rome and what it did to political/religious prisoners.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Theodore Beale is a racist that writes weird Christian sci-fi books. So it figures Muir would quote the stupid poo poo that comes out of his butt mouth.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

After defeating the U.S. army, Vietnam must fight a stronger enemy: CORRUPTION

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Exclamation Marx posted:

Nah, it's just Dr. Manhattan in the shadows. :colbert:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The Bible = Bo-ring!
Indiscriminate killing = awesome with a side of awesome
-A devout Christian

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

I don't see this on the DbD website or Facebook. Is this a really impressive edit, or are you Chris Muir?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Exclamation Marx posted:

So has he been just standing over the body of that soldier for months until all its flesh rotted completely away, or is it a spooky American skeleton who just lay down for a nap? :yohoho:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

So has he been just standing over the body of that soldier for months until all its flesh rotted completely away, or is it a spooky American skeleton who just lay down for a nap? :yohoho:

Maybe he's a re-enactor and that's his prop. Are there Viet Minh re-enactors? Because I want to donate to their clubhouse.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

"Christians are lovely arseholes and always will be." - a conservative

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

"Think Progressives'll succeed using the Gaystapo to push their PCThink for 'tolerance'?"

This is real dialogue that somebody wrote. Somehow every once in a while Muir still manages to shock me with his mediocrity.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Gaystapo you say

Open the gay-Nazi-centaur-gates

Seriously though, gently caress Muir.

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 6, 2014

made of bees
May 21, 2013
On some level I appreciate it when Muir is coherent enough that I can just get offended without having to sit here and figure out what horrible thing he's trying to say today.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Little Blackfly posted:

This one is a pretty niche topic, but I'm blown away by how clever the reference and imagery is. Reference to well understood cultural symbols combined with a relevant topic of the day, artistically well presented and without unnecessary labels. Very nice.

Are you joking? Every political cartoonist ever always parodies The Scream for every thing that ever happened.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Vogon Poet posted:

I don't see this on the DbD website or Facebook. Is this a really impressive edit, or are you Chris Muir?

Fun fact - Muir names his cartoons with a date. So just find the date of the current cartoon, change it, throw it in the address bar and you'll get the next one.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

How does he loving get off drawing tracing that one time obama was fighting a sneeze or something and looked smug when literally every character he wants you to say "heh, sick burn" to holds that smug pose 24/7?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Cartoon Of The Thread right here.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Are they supposed to be christians?
I thought red-head woman was the waifu and therefore the model minority true American?
I, as always, am thoroughly confused.
One day I'll understand DbD and on that day I shall seek mental help. Or not, to understand muireese I may have to fall into the abyss.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

MoFauxHawk posted:

FRENZIES ON
POPOULOUS
Look I think I got a real shot a being a professional cartoonist here.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

loquacius posted:

Maybe I'm projecting my embarrassment onto the white guy, but he at least looks like he realizes what a shitbag he's being. Doesn't it look like he's awkwardly, shamefacedly attempting to explain himself, or is this just wishful thinking?

I hate to say it but ... Deadspin followed up and Redface White Guy is totally not sorry.

In fact, apparently the Indian was trying to explain how what he was doing was offensive, and White Guy wasn't having any of it. :sigh:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

It's almost like the executive branch of the government is responsible for implementing and enforcing laws.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

President does presidential things: president bad.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Selachian posted:

I hate to say it but ... Deadspin followed up and Redface White Guy is totally not sorry.

In fact, apparently the Indian was trying to explain how what he was doing was offensive, and White Guy wasn't having any of it. :sigh:

Kill whitey.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Selachian posted:

Glad to see minstrel shows alive and well in 2014.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Thanks for the the strawman argument, Tinsley.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Thanks for the the strawman argument, Tinsley.
Way more of them than usual even. Also the ponytail guy. Who is this ponytail guy?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Way more of them than usual even. Also the ponytail guy. Who is this ponytail guy?

Any time you see a guy with a ponytail, glasses, a beard, and wearing sandals it's supposed to be A Liberal. All liberals are middle age hippies. It's a fact.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Samurai Sanders posted:

All liberals wear ponytails (because it's girly/gay), sandals (because lol environmentalism/hippies) and are bald with big beards (because all liberals are middle-aged, apparently). This is what people actually believe.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

So keeping wages low is bad but higher wages are also bad? I guess we should just pay US workers the same as illegal immigrants so he will be happy.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Any time you see a guy with a ponytail, glasses, a beard, and wearing sandals it's supposed to be A Liberal. All liberals are middle age hippies. It's a fact.

Penn Jillette is a classic liberal and looks like Tinsley's liberal. Game, set, match. :smugbert:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lance Streetman posted:

All liberals wear ponytails (because it's girly/gay), sandals (because lol environmentalism/hippies) and are bald with big beards (because all liberals are middle-aged, apparently). This is what people actually believe.

This is literally a right-wing cartoonist meme. Everybody has done it.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

ThirdPartyView posted:

Penn Jillette is a classic liberal and looks like Tinsley's liberal. Game, set, match. :smugbert:

He puts the liberal in libertarian!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Darkman Fanpage posted:

This is literally a right-wing cartoonist meme. Everybody has done it.
I just wondered if it started with some specific person.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
This is my favorite After Eden comic:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
^ How the gently caress do you try to draw a steak and end up drawing that

"The Taxpayer," also known as You, because gently caress trying to tax the rich, they've got too many loopholes at this point.

What? Funding something by closing those loopholes? But that would drive the rich and their untaxable money overseas!

SHUT UP THE FREE MARKET WORKS JUST FINE!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wouldn't that make killing animals biblical-defined suffering and thus a clear sin against God :raise:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

img-slowly_growing_:obama:.gif

Also more boring local stuff from Eric Allie. WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
It's hard to know where to even begin, but let's start with, Vox Day as president would be horrifying.

Next, the thing that anti-gay conservatives are losing. I don't mean they're losing just because judges are ruling against them. I mean the tide of public opinion has turned, especially among the young, and even among young evangelicals. It's harder to be a shithead towards gay people when you know some in real life, because they so often turn out to be, you know, totally normal. Day and Muir both act like all Christians are conservative Christians like themselves, which isn't anywhere close to true. They're trying really hard to maintain the delusion that they're still winning, and keep trying to unskew those polls that are going steadily more and more against them, but it's important to not mistake a confident narrative for truth.

Somfin posted:

"The Taxpayer," also known as You, because gently caress trying to tax the rich, they've got too many loopholes at this point.

What? Funding something by closing those loopholes? But that would drive the rich and their untaxable money overseas!

SHUT UP THE FREE MARKET WORKS JUST FINE!
I never know what to make of how people will argue against something on the grounds that rich people will respond by being lovely and selfish and pretend it's anything other than an indictment of rich people.

• Locked thread