Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The MSJ posted:

Well, they haven't found the Infinity Stone that controls time yet.

Yesssssss let the mutton chops flow like wine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The MSJ posted:

Well, they haven't found the Infinity Stone that controls time yet.

He almost did but it was hidden in a pig and just out of reach.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

bobkatt013 posted:

We will The last scene is him reading poo poo about himself and Cap and Falcon saying that they are going on a seach for him. I assume part three will be the two of them finding him and the three of them fighting Hydra. That is if he isn't in Avengers 2 in a cameo

I genuinely believe that they're setting up Bucky to take Steve's place, just like what happened in the Brubaker run. The Winter Soldier is just too comfortable picking up Cap's shield and using it against him.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Mr. Maltose posted:

Have Evans re-enact the Cap Thanos scene from Infinity Gauntlet.

I refer to that scene to people when they don't understand the magnitude of cap's abilities.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Timeless Appeal posted:

Banner: That's my secret, Captain... I'm always angry.

Me in the Theater: Oh man, what an awesome line... wait, what does that mean?

The genius part about that line is people can interpret it in different ways and each take on it is valid.

One could say that this is Banner excepting that he's a flawed, angry, bitter human being but he can chose to channel his rage into positive endevours.

Another could say that it is Banner realizing that anger is inherently a part of the human condition. Everyone is angry, but it is in how people chose to use their anger that define us.

A third interpretation is that Bruce's problem comes not from his anger, but from in trying to hold it back. Instead of trying to stop the unstoppable he goes the other direction and let's himself always be angry and that way he cannot be goaded into anger. (Since he's always angry.) At that point he and Hulk can come to a better understanding and let each other freely swap forms and work together instead of taking an antagonistic view of each other and vie for control.

It very much brings to mind a scene in PAD's Last Hulk Story*, there's this wonderful moment where Bruce Banner turns to Rick Jones and says "I don't get the blues. I get the greens." And his eyes are green and you hear Rick's narration "And then he transformed into the Hulk. Not like before, where it was a struggle. He did it like it was the easiest thing in the world."

*= Warning. PAD's last Hulk story was billed as such but was not the last ever Hulk story he wrote. It was from Hulk 467.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

The Question IRL posted:

Bruce Banner turns to Rick Jones and says "I don't get the blues. I get the greens."

Did he ever also say "It's not easy... being green" because that would be awesome.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Question IRL posted:

A third interpretation is that Bruce's problem comes not from his anger, but from in trying to hold it back.

I took it as a specific example of this. Bruce isn't usually calm, he puts on restraints. Those restraints can be broken by others, or they can willfully be taken off whenever he wants, like if a giant metal snake is flying at him.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

bobkatt013 posted:

We will The last scene is him reading poo poo about himself and Cap and Falcon saying that they are going on a seach for him. I assume part three will be the two of them finding him and the three of them fighting Hydra. That is if he isn't in Avengers 2 in a cameo

I thought they were going after The Winter Soldier in that scene...did I misread? If so, what did I miss?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

I thought they were going after The Winter Soldier in that scene...did I misread? If so, what did I miss?

There is that scene, and at the end of the credits they show Bucky reading about himself at the exhibit.

They also annonced that Captain America 3 will come out. May 6, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah, but I mean the final scene of the actual movie I thought was implying that Sam and Rogers were going to go after The Winter Soldier, but it was someone else, right?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah, but I mean the final scene of the actual movie I thought was implying that Sam and Rogers were going to go after The Winter Soldier, but it was someone else, right?

No Sam and Rogers are going after Bucky, I mena why else would Steve have his file?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That's what I thought.

Now I get what you meant. It's all good.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

StumblyWumbly posted:

Did he ever also say "It's not easy... being green" because that would be awesome.

I want the next Hulk movie to start with a scene where Nick Fury's rowing a boat through a swamp until he comes across the Hulk playing "The Rainbow Connection" on a giant banjo.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Metal Loaf posted:

I want the next Hulk movie to start with a scene where Nick Fury's rowing a boat through a swamp until he comes across the Hulk playing "The Rainbow Connection" on a giant banjo.

In keeping with this thread, the next Hulk film will be a musical. Not only will it feature such diverse range of music from the Blues, to Bluegrass, but also Heavy Metal, Pop and ballads. Bruce Banner will in fact sing "Let it Go" before transforming into the Hulk.

And the movie will gross more than the Avengers and Frozen combined.

You may laugh, but some Disney Exec has read this and even the possibility that this might work is enough for them to (Gamma) Green-light this project.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
The Incredible Hulk: Turn off the Dark

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Shrek already exists.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

They also annonced that Captain America 3 will come out. May 6, 2016

This is also the current release date for Batman vs Superman. Man I hope they both commit to it. I want a weekend ticket bloodbath.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Has this thread discussed the fact that Cap 2 made like a zillion dollars and had the best opening weekend of any movie in April ever?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

Has this thread discussed the fact that Cap 2 made like a zillion dollars and had the best opening weekend of any movie in April ever?

Oooh, I haven't gonna looking for box office numbers yet. Glad to hear that its doing well!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

jivjov posted:

Oooh, I haven't gonna looking for box office numbers yet. Glad to hear that its doing well!

96 million, beating the previous April record by a cool 10 million.

I also found out that the guy who played Crossbones in Cap 2, Frank Grillo, is 50 years old. Which blew me away.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's your first look at DOFP Quicksilver's super speed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGtWToCxQo

:shepface:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

zoux posted:

Fucker didn't even pick up the bacon first to wedge back into his burger what the gently caress

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

zoux posted:

Jesus it's like some extreme parody. I can't even believe that's really his costume design.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
So they're playing DOFP for comedy value due to Marvel beating them to the punch on everything. Cool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

zoux posted:

I can't imagine how it would feel to have something that greasy inside of you while you're running around everywhere.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

twistedmentat posted:

I can't imagine how it would feel to have something that greasy inside of you while you're running around everywhere.

Probably feels how he looks.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

DangerKat posted:

Jesus it's like some extreme parody. I can't even believe that's really his costume design.

People said that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being in Winter Soldier was a "gently caress You" to Fox.

I say that Fox are saying "gently caress You" to themselves with their design on Quicksilver.

Oh something I just remembered about Winter Soldier.

In the mid credit sequence, Hydra were messing around with Loki's staff, but it was clear that it's got a Blue Gem inside it. I think that's confirmation that Scepter housed the Mind Gem.
So the Tesseract was the Space Gem.
At the end of Thor 2, the Collector is given what I assume is the Power Gem, and I think he hints that's he's got another gem.

What's the Over/Under on seeing more Gems (like Soul) in Guardians of the Galaxy?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

The Question IRL posted:

People said that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being in Winter Soldier was a "gently caress You" to Fox.

I say that Fox are saying "gently caress You" to themselves with their design on Quicksilver.

Oh something I just remembered about Winter Soldier.

In the mid credit sequence, Hydra were messing around with Loki's staff, but it was clear that it's got a Blue Gem inside it. I think that's confirmation that Scepter housed the Mind Gem.
At the end of Thor 2, the Collector is given what I assume is the Power Gem, and I think he hints that's he's got another gem.

What's the Over/Under on seeing more Gems (like Soul) in Guardians of the Galaxy?

If Adam Warlock shows up I will lose my poo poo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Question IRL posted:

Very good, because we know that Thanos is in the movie, and The Collector clearly states he intends on informing his master, so probably Thanos again, that he has acress to one of the gems. And I thought the Ether was the Space Gem.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

If Adam Warlock shows up I will lose my poo poo.

Considering how they tried to hide a few things, I would not be surprised at this at all.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Question IRL posted:

They were going to be in Avengers 2 before anything. Fox added them to DOFP like a month later. It's pretty clear who the petty one is here.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Considering how they tried to hide a few things, I would not be surprised at this at all.

Nathan Fillion was really cagey about having a small role in the film in an interview today. Wouldn't that be something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hakkesshu posted:

Nathan Fillion was really cagey about having a small role in the film in an interview today. Wouldn't that be something.

Oh man, Fillion with blond hair and a tan would look pretty funny.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The midcredits scene of Captain America 2 was always going to be there. They have to tease Avengers 2 somehow.

I sometimes feel that Quicksilver in Avengers 2 is just tagging along with his sister, the one Whedon is actually excited for.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hakkesshu posted:

Gunn got Lloyd loving Kaufman in the movie somehow, (unless he got cut) so yeah, I would bet on Fillion showing up in some form.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Opopanax posted:

They were going to be in Avengers 2 before anything. Fox added them to DOFP like a month later. It's pretty clear who the petty one is here.

I believe Singer has claimed that Quicksilver was always going to be part of the film. However, Peters' casting wasn't announced until after production had started and after Whedon had confirmed Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch for the Avengers sequel, so yeah.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Diabetic posted:

So they're playing DOFP for comedy value due to Marvel beating them to the punch on everything. Cool.

Stimulus: one of Fox's actors does another movie
Response: Fox ruins that actor's part, kills that actor's character.

Stimulus: one of Fox's characters does another movie
Response: Fox ruins that character's part, casts a guy best known for being a ghost.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Funny enough, Evan Peters is probably the better actor between the two Quicksilvers.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Funny enough, Evan Peters is probably the better actor between the two Quicksilvers.

I find it funny that Evan Peter's played Todd in Kick rear end, whose entire character was basically a pale copy of Kick rear end who was played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

And now Evan Peters is playing a Quicksilver, whose entire character will probably be a pale copy of the Quicksilver in Avengers who will be played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I love food tie in movie poo poo, so that commercial was right up my alley.

I still remember the neon blue Pop Tarts from Batman and Robin.

But yeah, marketers must LOVE the X-Men for existing so they can say XTREMELY SOUR or XTREMELY FATTENING

gently caress it, celebrate Captain America 3 by making a Papa Johns Patriotic Pan Pizza shaped like the shield and layered with pepperoni, blue dyed mushrooms, and cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is also the current release date for Batman vs Superman. Man I hope they both commit to it. I want a weekend ticket bloodbath.

I thought Warner Bros had changed the date, but I might have been thinking about something else.

I am curious about which one would win in that scenario. I'm not sure if Cap is big enough to beat a movie that has Batman and Superman in it.

• Locked thread