Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Interesting side note: Frampt seemingly hates dragon slayers. He'll only give you 1 soul if you feed him Ornstein's for example.

You mean Smough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Frampt also hates Seath the Scaleless and will only give you 1 soul for anything associated with him.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Wait are you sure about that? I thought it was the soul of Smough that Frampt disliked.
He also hates Seath and anything crystal, and seems rather cool towards Artorias. Anything worn by a woman he'll pay a premium for, because he's a dirty old serpent.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A TREASURE CHEST ATE ME :mad:

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Wait are you sure about that? I thought it was the soul of Smough that Frampt disliked.

Right! I can never keep these two apart. :(

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

YESSSSSSSSSS

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Regy Rusty posted:

Amazing chest ahead.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Right! I can never keep these two apart. :(
One has the best armor design in the game and the other one is part of a duo. :colbert:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

God bless From for this.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Welcome to being paranoid for the rest of the game.

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.
I had heard there were mimics in the game before playing and religiously attacked every chest I came to before opening it. Except that one :negative:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

:negative: Welcome to the entire dungeon over again.

( For future reference, you can tell real chests and mimics apart from their chains. If you can't see the chain, attack. If you see the right-side chain bulge in a u-shape, it is safe. If it is n-shaped, it is a mimic. Attack every chest until you can compare so you can stay on the safe side until that time )

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 10, 2014

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Anor Londo is super hard and I feel underpowered because I lost a poo poo load of souls so I'm just going to start over.
Goodbye, 20+ hours save :negative:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

legendsuper posted:

Anor Londo is super hard and I feel underpowered because I lost a poo poo load of souls so I'm just going to start over.

Don't do it, souls are literally negligible. It doesn't matter if you lost 100,000 souls or 1,000,000 souls, it hurts and burns, but you can get it back. Don't delete your save, that is dumb.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

He eats items and shits souls, pretty much.

Incidentally, Regy Rusty, this is what you use coins for.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Enemies in Anor Londo and after give out 1000+ souls anyway.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I wish you were streaming this, it sounds like the best thing

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Mordaedil posted:

Don't do it, souls are literally negligible. It doesn't matter if you lost 100,000 souls or 1,000,000 souls, it hurts and burns, but you can get it back. Don't delete your save, that is dumb.

Definitely this. How many souls are you losing by restarting?? If you're level 80 with 70 points in resistance, restart. Otherwise SOLDIER ON YOU GOT THIS.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Regy Rusty posted:

Incidentally, you should go back kick that treasure chests rear end. You never know what you'll get. It might even be treasure.

legendsuper posted:

Don't do this. If you really feel underpowered, go rest at the first Anor Londo bonefire, then go fight the giant sentinels. Their are six of them, with ranged they can be pulled individually, and they give 1.5k souls each. While not nearly the fastest grinding in the game, that's 9k souls for all six, and you can respawn them really easily.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 10, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Incidentally, you should go back kick that treasure chests rear end. You never know what you'll get. It might even be treasure.

I did and then got crushed by boulders trying to get back out. Now I'm trying to work out where else to go.

I feel bad for poor Davos Onion Knight. Waited all that time for me to open the gates and now he can't outrun the boulders.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Do NOT delete your save. I've lost a hell of a lot of souls and humanities in one go but my main is still alive and he will forever hold a place in my heart, the claymore-wielding, mask of the child wearing, fast rolling son of a bitch.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

I did and then got crushed by boulders trying to get back out. Now I'm trying to work out where else to go.

I feel bad for poor Davos Onion Knight. Waited all that time for me to open the gates and now he can't outrun the boulders.

Either find your way down to the bottom of Sen's (optional, not recommended unless you have the Rusted Iron Ring) or find a way to keep going up.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
I have to admit I did delete my first character, but that's only because I was pissed that I used the first two Firekeeper Souls I found before I found out what to do with them. Not that I thought the game was over or anything, but I knew I'd get pissed off again every time I thought about it, so I needed something different.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

I think I know where you are being tripped up a bit. You have to run against the boulder that comes down, not with it down to the mimic. At least now that you already got everything that is down there.

You can chance just running straight up, if you have light load, you should be able to *just* make it, but if you have medium load, you can go nearly all the way up and drop off to the side when the boulder comes (listen, don't see) and you can land on a little platform with a snakeman and two rooms. One of them should at least give you a semblance of progress.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Regy Rusty posted:

Go up, however you manage that, you want to go up in Sen's.

Alternatively, if for some reason you find yourself in the hallway that leads to the mimic. Why not sit around for awhile and watch the boulders roll into that hole?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

I think I know where you are being tripped up a bit. You have to run against the boulder that comes down, not with it down to the mimic. At least now that you already got everything that is down there.

You can chance just running straight up, if you have light load, you should be able to *just* make it, but if you have medium load, you can go nearly all the way up and drop off to the side when the boulder comes (listen, don't see) and you can land on a little platform with a snakeman and two rooms. One of them should at least give you a semblance of progress.

Or he could take the elevator up from the mimic room that gets him to the central boulder path, which will be safe, and run up that.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
I recently lost ~80k souls to wheel skeletons. Annoying, but not crippling.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mordaedil posted:

( For future reference, you can tell real chests and mimics apart from their chains. If you can't see the chain, attack. If you see the right-side chain bulge in a u-shape, it is safe. If it is n-shaped, it is a mimic. Attack every chest until you can compare so you can stay on the safe side until that time )
Mimic chests also breathe.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well through a series of very unlikely events and an insane amount of luck I somehow managed to find and kill the giant who opened the gate. Don't think that gets me anywhere important but it was fun.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

I recently lost ~80k souls to wheel skeletons. Annoying, but not crippling.

My worst loss was 150k after farming the painted world for a bit. Died twice on my way out due to my own sloppy play. I wasn't exactly happy with that one.

Regy Rusty posted:

Well through a series of very unlikely events and an insane amount of luck I somehow managed to find and kill the giant who opened the gate. Don't think that gets me anywhere important but it was fun.

Titanite chunks are not the most common of upgrade materials, so that's a plus for you at least.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

That one's pretty amusing. Falling to the bottom of the tar pits, rolling around to get away from all the Titanite Demons, and suddenly you find an invisible wall with a ridiculous ladder and an enemy but not the way out that you wanted to find.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

HGH posted:

That one's pretty amusing. Falling to the bottom of the tar pits, rolling around to get away from all the Titanite Demons, and suddenly you find an invisible wall with a ridiculous ladder and an enemy but not the way out that you wanted to find.

Yep this is exactly what happened.

I've made it onto the battlements where another giant threw bombs at me and then got careless during a fight with a big shield knight and let him smash me. It's a long walk back but at least I know the route now and each run gets a bit easier.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
^^^^
While learning the parkour route through Sen's is certainly useful, there is comfort ahead at the top level. Might wanna check out broken parts of the railings.

Beat Gwyn on my sorcerer. Took me exactly 22 hours. I almost feel bad for the poor old man, getting his poo poo wrecked as bad as he did.

Sorcery 4 (un)life.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

legendsuper posted:

i routinely lose 150,000+ souls a playthrough, just because I can't be arsed to go find my corpse many times. Souls are entirely expendable.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:darksouls: http://www.twitch.tv/GlassLotuss

Back after a long break, I'm co-commentating on my Fiance / Girlfriend's Sorcerer blind run!

Level 46 Just leaving blighttown.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Regy Rusty posted:

I've made it onto the battlements where another giant threw bombs at me and then got careless during a fight with a big shield knight and let him smash me. It's a long walk back but at least I know the route now and each run gets a bit easier.

Hey, just as a word of advice. When you get to the battlements and are heading upward. You might have noticed one flat area where a dead body with an item on it is. You might also notice that the battlements are broken there, and their is a gap you could fall off from. I might suggest you try dropping off that, never know what will happen.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 11, 2014

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Starting a SL1 run, this is going to be horrible in okay ways.

Right hurr

Lookit this handsome fellow.

Edit: Done for the night. Taurus, Gargoyles, and Moonlight down. I'm pretty awesome.

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 11, 2014

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So I have to ask, what is the general consensus when it comes to weapon enchantments?

Like, which weapons should I turn +15 and which ones should I give fire or lightning?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bholder posted:

So I have to ask, what is the general consensus when it comes to weapon enchantments?

Like, which weapons should I turn +15 and which ones should I give fire or lightning?
The answer will largely turn on whether you're going to put levels into str/dex. If you're only going to put in enough to wield the weapon without getting a failure animation, go elemental. If you're going to put in more than that, go +15. Additionally, weapons with high base damage aren't hurt as much by the damage split as ones with low base damage are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hey, just as a word of advice. When you get to the battlements and are heading upward. You might have noticed one flat area where a dead body with an item on it is. You might also notice that the battlements are broken there, and their is a gap you could fall off from. I might suggest you try dropping off that, never know what will happen.

Found it on my next attempt.

Wow the Iron Golem hits hard. I keep dying from getting knocked off the edge.

• Locked thread