Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

notoriousman posted:

This might be the run, they're up to Drake with Graveler, Tentracruel and Azumarill and Azumarill hasn't even fought yet. The biggest obstacle in the coming fight is avoiding paralysis from Kingdra.

Good news, they didn't get paralyzed by Kingdra! It was Altaria instead.

MegaZeroX posted:

The Chinese one is something about a power outage in Taiwan. They are also spamming Arabic. That is all I know.

I've also seen Japanese, Russian, Polish, and Sanskrit. They're probably copy-pasting something from news sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Man, that run had some potential.

Twitch has been awfully twitchy for me lately. It's buffering like a realplayer, even at low quality.

Nice sweep by Annie there

tiistai fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 10, 2014

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

This run has a chance, Annie is still alive with 51% HP on the way to the Ice leader.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
She beat three of the mons, looks like M4 is finishing the job with just some Hail damage on her!

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

She beat three of the mons, looks like M4 is finishing the job with just some Hail damage on her!
Azumarill took too much damage from Drake and her low speed, she might not be able to tough it out. Though Tentacruel is still alive and had that electric Hidden Power (plus Liquid Ooze if Ludicolo is feeling particularly stupid).

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
That was one unlucky Rollout miss

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Miss, are you loving kidding me

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Wow, tentacruel's hiddenpower is grass or lightning, what luck. Still have to PP stall recover I guess though.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Magic Underwear posted:

Wow, tentacruel's hiddenpower is grass or lightning, what luck. Still have to PP stall recover I guess though.
It's electric, a huge boon for the team...until Whiscash comes out, since it's part ground...

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Lightning, I believe. A lucky critical at the right time could win even through recover.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Magic Underwear posted:

Still have to PP stall recover I guess though.

20PP

:gen<4:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
People are going to lose their poo poo if they lose now. Only 4 PP more.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

notoriousman posted:

It's electric, a huge boon for the team...until Whiscash comes out, since it's part ground...

At least that means the other three attacks will do standard damage.

Milotic's stalling strategies might be too good, tho. We're below half health already and no end in sight for Recovery.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Recover spam is the worst. Do trainers keep track of PP in gen 3?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
What a humiliating loss.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Wow, Milotic is incredible bullshit. Also, gently caress Rollout misses.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
And we're dead again.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Was that Wallace's last useable pokemon?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That was probably the most frustrating thing to happen in tpp, a stream consisting entirely of frustrating things.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Killing Vector posted:

Wow, Milotic is incredible bullshit. Also, gently caress Rollout misses.

It has low Defense, you just need to hit it with a physical attack or two. Not too bad if you, y'know, actually can decide what you're doing.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
And chat is rioting in anger at that loss.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

It has low Defense, you just need to hit it with a physical attack or two. Not too bad if you, y'know, actually can decide what you're doing.

Too bad Tentacruel has no physical attacks. But it sounds like Rollout would've worked. Would've.

edit: At least we're definitely at the point where every loss is still progress since at least Annie and Tentacruel can score kills easily.

Killing Vector fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 10, 2014

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Even Mightyena is getting kills. I think Vileplume can kill things too but it wasn't that time.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Killing Vector posted:

Too bad Tentacruel has no physical attacks. But it sounds like Rollout would've worked. Would've.

I can't help but wonder if Sludge Bomb would've been better on Tentacruel instead of Vileplume.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I haven't been paying too close attention, and just noticed the timer again.
Do they really just have roughly 2.5 hours to go? Assuming there's not another extension.

Its within spitting distance, with some luck.

e: Holy poo poo, okay I need to go back to grade school and learn to read :downs:

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 11, 2014

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

animatorZed posted:

I haven't been paying too close attention, and just noticed the timer again.
Do they really just have roughly 2.5 hours to go? Assuming there's not another extension.

Its within spitting distance, with some luck.

I think you missed the "1d."

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Well, this run went south fast. I thought Annie would carry us all the way through Glacia, and we could start Drake with 4 mons up.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Once Annie is faster than all of Glacia's pokes, it'll go much better.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

McFrugal posted:

Once Annie is faster than all of Glacia's pokes, it'll go much better.

Just imagine if they still had the wingull.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

At least it's becoming a team effort, simply because they need every resource possible dedicated to winning fights.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
How come after all this time the streamer hasn't fixed the audio that sounds like the gameboy is going through a blender?

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

something posted:

How come after all this time the streamer hasn't fixed the audio that sounds like the gameboy is going through a blender?

I don't think that's actually an audio bug. I believe what's going on there is the input bot is getting so many commands that it's using emulator fast forward to try to catch up a bit, and that causes the music to sound the way it does.

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

At least it's becoming a team effort, simply because they need every resource possible dedicated to winning fights.

It would be nice if they could direct them into the shop to buy healing items, but the last time they got to the shop, they just bought turn-eating balls instead.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

something posted:

Because that's just what happens when you have thousands of people send input at once.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
I happened to be looking at Bulbapedia earlier and discovered the terror that could have been...

Gold/Silver beta Blackthorn City

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Does that entire upper area even have a point besides driving Twitch insane.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

The Bee posted:

Does that entire upper area even have a point besides driving Twitch insane.

Looks like the replacement of the Dragon's Den. Stick a bunch of trainers in there, have the goal be that tower... Ledge mazes are never fun though, so I'm glad they removed it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It's amazing that even while this hilariously overleveled they still can't beat this.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
This latest run has gone as well as if we'd never left to grind. :allears:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

edit: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dr. Dos posted:

I happened to be looking at Bulbapedia earlier and discovered the terror that could have been...

Gold/Silver beta Blackthorn City
ARN? What's ARN? Is that the gym?

Far away from the ledges, I see. That's something.

• Locked thread